The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: All we needed was Baxter's laboratory to be called Botany Bay...
Great Fight Scenes! 38 54.29%
Aw... Dark Raph should have been longer... 29 41.43%
Mondo Gecko's so.... mondo tiny. 3 4.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2015, 02:57 PM   #101
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahtori View Post
I was glad to see more 'TigerClaw' though: 'When have I ever failed you ...'
Thought Shredder would say: 'The turtles, man, the turtles ....'
Half expected Shredder to pull a mile long scroll out of his belt and unfurl it.
"Well there was the time when..."
Old 05-03-2015, 03:05 PM   #102
Sahtori
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
Half expected Shredder to pull a mile long scroll out of his belt and unfurl it.
That, that, yes THAT! *laughs*
Please, don't worry so much. Because in the end, none of us have very long on this Earth. Life is fleeting. And if you're ever distressed, cast your eyes to the summer sky when the stars are strung across the velvety night. And when a shooting star streaks through the blackness, turning night into day... make a wish and think of me. Make your life spectacular. I know I did ...
- Robin Williams

Read FREE comics
Sahtori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:06 PM   #103
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Good episdode and my battle with the turltes and the mutanimals was the best!!And i win again. I beat all of them at the same time!! HAHAAHAHAHAHA!!
Old 05-03-2015, 03:15 PM   #104
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

the ep was alright overall, liked the fight scenes but disappointed w/ how short the mind control was although i feel like it was a teaser on the mind control and the real dark raph bit is gonna happen l8r on...

1. the worms may have been the "remote" but whos 2 say they didnt leave behind traces of the chemicals

2. theres still the flashback bit about how raph got that plastron mark

but if that was all there is as far as dark raph goes, BIG let down!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
that wouldve been so hilarious 2 see
Old 05-03-2015, 03:16 PM   #105
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Good episdode and my battle with the turltes and the mutanimals was the best!!And i win again. I beat all of them at the same time!! HAHAAHAHAHAHA!!
What ever happened to the Kraang alliance, man?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:24 PM   #106
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
the ep was alright overall, liked the fight scenes but disappointed w/ how short the mind control was although i feel like it was a teaser on the mind control and the real dark raph bit is gonna happen l8r on...

1. the worms may have been the "remote" but whos 2 say they didnt leave behind traces of the chemicals

2. theres still the flashback bit about how raph got that plastron mark

but if that was all there is as far as dark raph goes, BIG let down!!!

that wouldve been so hilarious 2 see
Good point about the worms being a remote and bit of the mind serum could be still in Raphs brain.

Also Baxter said there could be side effects so maybe Raph will still feel the effects of it in the next episode and thats why Mikey is hanging out with Casey.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:26 PM   #107
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
you need help man seriously your not a fictional character you moron.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:34 PM   #108
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Angry Ugh....

I knew this episode was going to be a disappointment. The writers need to start stepping up their game.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:38 PM   #109
CyberCubed
Overlord

The episode itself was fantastic and some of the best fight scenes of the series. The people thinking Dark Raph was going to be some kind of story arc deluded themselves for no reason.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:43 PM   #110
jenna
Mad Scientist

I never had much hope that the Dark Raph thing would be anything significant so I'm not too disappointed. A tad disappointed. Let's go with that.

The episode was quite good. It had great fight sequences, as most people have already pointed out. The Raph-torture scene was awful. What a blood-curdling scream! The ending felt too rushed.

I'm not optimistic that the writers will give Raphael any development off the back of this. I don't think there will be any lasting effects of the serum, or any lingering trauma. Wasted potential, yes, but an enjoyable episode.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:57 PM   #111
Powder
So tired of this place

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooo that was way too sick. Mad good. Maaaaad good.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:58 PM   #112
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Solid episode, and good to see the mutanimals back (I find it really hard to dislike Pigeon Pete). Tigerclaw good as always and nice to see Baxter, though it was odd how Rahzar and Fishface didnt appear (and could easily have done a cameo along with the foot ninjas at the end). But this feels like glorified filler.

I wont lie. I am disappointed with the enormously wasted potential, and the stupidly optimistic part of me hopes that actually it wasn't that easy to break them out of the mind control - I can but dream. Frustrating to let that opportunity slide like that, but what can we do? It is what it is.

Quote:
Quoted by Mukouno
Raph’s characterization. Maybe it’s just me, but it felt really off.
Yes, I know what you mean. It did feel slightly odd didn't it? I wouldn't even call it season 1 Raph, it just felt like everything he did early on was just to set up the end of the episode. Even the hug at the end felt a bit .... robotic? I dunno, it was just slightly out of character.

I really, really want to say perhaps that is the point..... But I know its just the optimism speaking.

Fight scenes great, worms and the torture scene excellent, humour - generally really good - and I much preferred Rockwell in this episode (I found him a bit grating first time).
Just so much wasted potential!!!

Ah well, I'll be happily speculating optimistically for the next one then
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:06 PM   #113
MutantBear
Foot Soldier

I had a feeling it was going to go the Vision Quest way where there is all this hype, but all of it is in one episode. (Although this time it was our own fault for the over-hype.)

Last edited by MutantBear; 05-03-2015 at 04:11 PM.
MutantBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:14 PM   #114
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The episode itself was fantastic and some of the best fight scenes of the series. The people thinking Dark Raph was going to be some kind of story arc deluded themselves for no reason.
Exactly. People heard the words 'Dark Raph' and went nuts with their theories. I've never seen this board get as worked up about something related to this show before like they did for this. I'm so glad that nonsense is over.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:17 PM   #115
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah I'm also glad the mind control for the others like Slash and Rockwell only lasted one episode too. I didn't feel like seeing evil Slash again for a period of time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:37 PM   #116
Meliwen
Foot Soldier

Another thing I liked about this episode was how Shredder was training Raph. It was essentially Raph's fighting style (although he's learned to show mercy) and I wonder if that means anything? I just think it's a nice parallel they could do things with, and it'd be nice if it meant anything other than to fill time in the episode.

That worm going into his head was brutal though. Poor Raph.
Meliwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:39 PM   #117
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Hot dang, first I was all "another mind control episode? blah!" but the end fight was AMAZING!!! I thought Shredder would just disappear but he took them all on and handed their butts to them! Superb!

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:41 PM   #118
Werecat
Hench Mutant

The worm creature actually reminds me of an old 1988 movie called Brain Damage. "A boy (Rick Herbst) grows addicted to psychedelic jolts from an eel-like brain-eating monster called Elmer." From Google search. IMDB. They always do a reference to old horror movies and I wonder if they referenced Brain Damage.

Disappointed that the Dark Raph plot only lasted one episode but hey what do you expect from the writers. The writers prefer to extend non turtle plots such as April and Karai. To be honest though, the way they did the mind control is freaky and I love it.

Baxter Stockman might perfect the mind control worm in Deadly Poison. Its probably gonna be a lot freakier.
Werecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:43 PM   #119
tylerdavies
Thug

I really liked this episode, despite having hope for some sort of Dark Raph story arc. Although the worms could have left traces of the chemical as someone else mentioned. Maybe Raph could be taken control of again with a phrase or something. I dunno.

Mikey noting the parallel between their lives and the cartoons was funny. I was thinking of that before he said that so it was a nice treat. I really liked Mikey this episode compared to many others. His intuition scene and wondering who "him" was kind of funny.

I have questions though...Why didn't Shredder have Slash, Rockwell, or Raph tell him where the lair is? Did anyone think Shredder bowing and lowering into the ground with flame surrounding his head really ridiculous? I burst out laughing at how stupid it looked lol.
tylerdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:46 PM   #120
Vicky82
Emperor

The worm torture with Raph was the most frightning thing i've seen in this show and where the hell did it enter Raph, it didn't go through his mouth, nose or ear. so it must of burrowed into his head.

That will certainly give sensitive kids nightmares.

I noticed that Pete and Leatherhead were playing on the pinball machine, that was cute

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote