The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-24-2024, 12:30 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Tiger Claw to appear in TMNT: Saturday Morning Adventures #14

Tiger Claw will make his first appearance on issue 14 of TMNT: Saturday Morning Adventures.

Spoiler:

This is the first time Tiger Claw will appear in a comic outside of the 2012 series.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:48 PM   #2
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

It was when the worm ate you and then you went to the 1987 dimension and met me there! Together we will kill the 1987 turtles!
Old 01-24-2024, 12:58 PM   #3
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Someone on reddit claims that its fanart, But I can't find any sources of it, It was shared to me on discord, and the person who shared it hasn't responded on what the source was.
Old 01-24-2024, 01:07 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's always neat to see spinoff-of-the-spinoff things regurgitated back into other spinoffs. And by neat I mean creatively bankrupt.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 01:53 PM   #5
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The person who drew this cover appears to be Sarah Myer, Who has done covers for other issues before, Just trying to find out where it got leaked.
Old 01-24-2024, 02:36 PM   #6
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's a variant cover of issue 14 done by Travis Hymel.

Old 01-24-2024, 06:05 PM   #7
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The person who drew this cover appears to be Sarah Myer, Who has done covers for other issues before, Just trying to find out where it got leaked.
Unfortunately, I can't divulge the source, but I can confirm that the cover is real. This is not fake.

A new crossover awaits us in issues 13 and 14.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 08:20 PM   #8
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's always neat to see spinoff-of-the-spinoff things regurgitated back into other spinoffs. And by neat I mean creatively bankrupt.
Oh the horror, TMNT brings a character from one version to another!! First time in its history, never had happened before!!

Don't be a spoilsport - TMNT is not that original in itself to begin with and it basically always tossed characters from one version to another. Mirage comic books did the same, by the way. Must be too creatively bankrupt, lol.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 08:31 PM   #9
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I’m gonna toss you back an alternate thought. This could be a case of a thoughtful writer/creative team trying to reconcile decades-old continuity questions and tie-up narrative loose ends while also setting up future story threads. I expect if anybody can appreciate that effort, it would be you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Someone on reddit claims that its fanart
So far as I can remember, nobody has ever tried to fake an upcoming TMNT comic book cover. Would be very odd for somebody to start with an issue 13 or 14 that doesn’t even involve a another franchise IP crossover.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 01-24-2024 at 09:05 PM.
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 11:31 PM   #10
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Wonder who the bird guy is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Would be very odd for somebody to start with an issue 13 or 14 that doesn’t even involve a another franchise IP crossover.
Would be even odder for a fanmade cover to feature MISTER OGG of all characters.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 12:04 AM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Oh the horror, TMNT brings a character from one version to another!! First time in its history, never had happened before!!

Don't be a spoilsport - TMNT is not that original in itself to begin with and it basically always tossed characters from one version to another. Mirage comic books did the same, by the way. Must be too creatively bankrupt, lol.
Not Laird-vetted stuff beyond what he was already actively creating simultaneously in 4kids. But this is unique in that it is an example of retroactively regurgitating a character from a spinoff many times removed from the source material... backwards in time to a universe largely abandoned.

I'm not wholly against the practice of bringing in other universe characters into other universes. I even brought Ch'rell into Origin. This just seems pretty silly.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 09:18 AM   #12
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Not Laird-vetted stuff beyond what he was already actively creating simultaneously in 4kids. But this is unique in that it is an example of retroactively regurgitating a character from a spinoff many times removed from the source material... backwards in time to a universe largely abandoned.
By this logic all of TMNT material was regurgitated twice or more, given how much different versions had influenced each other over the years.

As I always say, they are no bad concepts, there are bad executions.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 05:29 PM   #13
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

We might get plot of this issue near end of this week because that is when June 2024 solications will most likely be released
nidza_maj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 08:02 AM   #14
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

Here it is: https://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sh...ad.php?t=66777 what do you guys think about this plot? I think it is pretty good but it looks like Turtles from multiverse will appear in issues 12 and 13 but not in this issue but Tiger Claw and worm will appear who are characters from another series which is TMNT 2012 series
Old 03-26-2024, 07:39 AM   #15
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

Hello, Erik is right about this guys, he posted on his Instagram story that we should avoid speculation about issue 14
Old 03-26-2024, 09:33 AM   #16
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It is kinda cool though. At least when it comes to the TV shows, the 80's Turtles came first. The only real crossover they had was with Usagi, since other than the Turtles, April, Shredder, Splinter, Leatherhead, Rat King and Casey showing up, the old cartoon never made any real reference to the Mirage comics. It would have been weird to have the 80's crew meet a more kid-friendly safe-for-TV version of the Mirage Turtles because for all intents and purposes that's what the 80's Turtles already were. Even the Playmates toys back then had the first run look pretty much like the Mirage Turtles just with different colored masks and initials on the belts. And that was mostly for kids to justify to parents buying 4 versions of the same toy.

Now with the power of hindsight, new shows, and bringing back the 80's show in comic book form, this time the newer versions can crossover with them instead of the other way around. And since this time the other versions are the guests in their show, we can finally see the 80's Turtles treated with some sort of respect even alongside their 'edgier' selves.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 10:49 AM   #17
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It is kinda cool though. At least when it comes to the TV shows, the 80's Turtles came first. The only real crossover they had was with Usagi, since other than the Turtles, April, Shredder, Splinter, Leatherhead, Rat King and Casey showing up, the old cartoon never made any real reference to the Mirage comics. It would have been weird to have the 80's crew meet a more kid-friendly safe-for-TV version of the Mirage Turtles because for all intents and purposes that's what the 80's Turtles already were. Even the Playmates toys back then had the first run look pretty much like the Mirage Turtles just with different colored masks and initials on the belts. And that was mostly for kids to justify to parents buying 4 versions of the same toy.

Now with the power of hindsight, new shows, and bringing back the 80's show in comic book form, this time the newer versions can crossover with them instead of the other way around. And since this time the other versions are the guests in their show, we can finally see the 80's Turtles treated with some sort of respect even alongside their 'edgier' selves.
You are right, are you excited for this crossover? But Erik (who is writer of this comic book series) told us it would be better if we don't speculate about what will happen in crossover, so just say if you are excited for this crossover? Just curious
Old 03-26-2024, 11:04 AM   #18
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidza_maj2000 View Post
You are right, are you excited for this crossover? But Erik (who is writer of this comic book series) told us it would be better if we don't speculate about what will happen in crossover, so just say if you are excited for this crossover? Just curious
Yeah, of course I am. This is the team up of the decade when it comes to Ninja Turtles.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 01:26 PM   #19
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah, of course I am. This is the team up of the decade when it comes to Ninja Turtles.
They did have crossovers before, still it would be good to see 1987 Turtles in a crossover where they will be portrayed how they are in series and not like in Turtles Forever movie, just saying, it will be good