The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-24-2024, 06:31 PM   #7421
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
Considering Playmates' Shogun Shoate was practically a 1:1 to Mirage's Chote (and not a Playmates original), they could easily just release Chote under their comic line without having to change his design at all. I'm also hoping they actually do this since he'd be a great addition to the line (and maybe include a long hair Renet head with him, since I doubt they'd make another Renet figure just for that look).
Definitely keen on Chote...

... and a prettier Renet headsculpt.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 08:41 PM   #7422
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Definitely keen on Chote...

... and a prettier Renet headsculpt.
Well, I actually don't have any issues with the Renet that's out, other than that the weird red version based on the IDW recolors of the Mirage comics is the more easily found version. Though now that I think about it, I guess a new headsculpt WOULD be a good excuse to make the true colors more easily accessible. Whatever the case, I was just mentioning it because while Renet had short hair in her first appearance, she had long hair during the Chote storyline.

Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 09:54 PM   #7423
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

This toon "wave" consists of:

Bebop reissue
Rocksteady reissue
10 turtles...TEN
Casey variant
Foot Soldier

Greatest hits and only greatest hits. Steam has run out on anything but that broken record.

Massive Krang is the crown jewel and then it's time to bow out!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM   #7424
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

If my Target is anything to go by, robotic Bebop and Rocksteady and possibly the Frogs will show up in here somewhere. Though the Frogs may be the same sets that had been languishing on the shelf for a year+ that mysteriously vanished for a couple months.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM   #7425
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Massive Krang is the crown jewel and then it's time to bow out!
I'm mostly with you on this, though I would still buy a Turtle Blimp (probably), a completely accurate season one Rocksteady (both human and rhino), Machine Gun Granny and an updated Shredder. I would also 100% buy an expressions pack in the correct colors. But other than that... it does feel like I'm ready to be done with this line.
Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM   #7426
kiyoshioni
Random Punk

I would buy all of these so long as they matched the cartoon line or even the archie line. But I also want to add Tora from the video game. It could even be a two pack with his partner Shogun.

Would also love Aska, Armaggon, and Sisyphus from Tournament fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
Let's not forget that NECA could easily make the following Playmates originals into What If? toon releases (It would also bypass any toy rights that Playmates had for them):

Wyrm
Panda Khan
Pizza Face
Ray Fillet
King Lionhart
Walkabout
Doctor El
Half Court
Hothead
Monty Moose
Sandstorm
Scale Tail (Karai)
Hot Spot
Super Shredder
Shogun Shoate
kiyoshioni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM   #7427
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
While I don't mind the sizes of Bebop and Rocksteady, I think, for myself, it might be because I'm used to thinking of those two as Shredder's hired muscle, so to speak, so I don't mind them having an imposing height. You seem to really be into accuracy to the old cartoon, and more power to you, but it's not a huge thing for me since I'm not really all that into that version of TMNT (I'm not sure whether they were taller or not in the first season where they were deemed more of a threat, but checking out some of the later episodes, it did surprise me that they were so... normal sized). Whatever the case, your wanting toon accuracy is valid regardless of how I feel about those two characters, myself. I will say, though, that I do see NECA's lack of attention to detail when it comes to scaling to be a huge issue for me with many other characters. Like... April, no matter how many times they redo her, is always... ALWAYS way too short. I think it might be that the other human characters weren't properly scaled when compared to the turtles, so scaling April to them just ends up with her being too short compared to the turtles. It bothers me a lot. Other such flubs are human Rocksteady being a dwarf, and Irma being tiny. The biggest issue with these characters is that they'd probably have to just rescale ALL the human characters to make it all work, and obviously that's not gonna happen. But honestly, I'd take an April that's the same height as Casey and Shredder than I would over an April that's barely noticeably taller than the turtles. But oh well.
Yeah it’s a real shame about the scale, this line could have been perfect. I guess that’s what happens when they re-use parts as a cost cutting measure. For the price these go for we should be getting all new dedicated accurate sculpts in the correct scale. I used to collect WWF Jakks figures and that was something that bothered me, seeing re-used parts and figures, it messes up the scale for the whole line, I didn’t like X-Pac being the same size as Kane lol. That’s the beauty of Playmates, all their sculpts are unique and original.

So I went to Target again and only found the Punk Turtles 4pak, everything else was gone already. I went ahead and got the 4pak I figured might as well, they do look pretty neat. And they come with additional mouth pieces so that could come in handy if I get all the Pizza Club Turtles. I don’t even want the Samurai/Space Turtle 2 pak but noticed it comes with additional facial expression pieces you could use on other Turtle figures, so now I’m kinda tempted.

I just realized the Punk Turtles outfits are colored as seen in the episode “Usagi Yojimbo”, but probaly most everyone remembers those outfits from the season 1 episode “Enter The Shredder” where they look the same but different colors. Watch them release another Punk Turtles 4pak variant in season 1 colors, with additional head sculpts and facial expressions included as an added incentive to buy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM   #7428
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
I went ahead and got the 4pak I figured might as well, they do look pretty neat. And they come with additional mouth pieces so that could come in handy if I get all the Pizza Club Turtles. I don’t even want the Samurai/Space Turtle 2 pak but noticed it comes with additional facial expression pieces you could use on other Turtle figures, so now I’m kinda tempted.
I don't mean to dissuade you from doing what you want, but it's worth noting that in these new colors, Leo doesn't have a set of "angry" eyes and Donnie and Raph don't have any "normal" eyes.
Old Today, 07:03 AM   #7429
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

All four pizza club toon turtles up on target.com

https://www.target.com/p/neca-teenag...34#lnk=sametab

https://www.target.com/p/neca-teenag...25#lnk=sametab

https://www.target.com/p/neca-teenag...16#lnk=sametab

https://www.target.com/p/neca-teenag...15#lnk=sametab
Zulithe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:04 AM   #7430
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

got mine. really glad this is almost over.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:26 AM   #7431
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I snagged a Pizza Club Michelangelo and Donatello, since they had the most attractive accessories of the new turtle sets. Looks like Leonardo is still in stock as of 10:25am ET, so his pack seems to have been the least popular of the new wave.

And here's the listing for The Last Ronin Synja Robots:
https://www.target.com/p/neca-teenag...18#lnk=sametab

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote