The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-16-2022, 01:42 AM   #21
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I kinda subscribe to the theory that now that I'm an adult, I can now actually afford to buy whatever I couldn't as a kid. Nowadays with stuff like Amazon Ebay making literally anything you want possible to buy, I feel like an idiot being so overly protective over certain things cause I thought once they were broken or whatever, it would be super difficult to replace. That was before the internet. Now I CAN find that one comic that I missed back when I was a kid, or that one SNES game I once lost or other examples.

One thing I did notice is, especially when it comes to games, some things I didn't really miss out on because nowadays they re-released these arcade-perfect (or very close to it) versions. So like, ok, I might never find an affordable Dreamcast and play SF Alpha 2 on it.... but like... I can have the arcade-perfect version of it on the recent compilations.

But yeah, I am old enough to kinda realize I'll never own anything, so whatever I can't get my hands on, I just take it as 'it was never meant to be I guess'.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 01:49 AM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

That brings up an interesting topic. I couldn't say this 10 years ago, or maybe even 5. But I'm kind of at a point where anything I really wanted to have, whether it's a cool video game system or elusive game or comic or device or this or that... I can. And have, pretty much, without getting into ELITE level stuff that costs tens of thousands of dollars that I'm not really worried about.

I don't know. It's a little sobering. Like, "What else am I supposed to do?" Or collect, or indulge. Just go back through it all? Greatest hits retread? Feels hollow. And it doesn't help that everything I'm into that's new is being appropriated by SJWs to suit their self hating.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:12 AM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah I basically bought everything I ever wanted and sold off stuff. At this point I feel like I have peaked in my interests.

Not counting new stuff since we don't know what the future will bring, I have everything I already wanted from things I enjoy.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:15 AM   #24
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That brings up an interesting topic. I couldn't say this 10 years ago, or maybe even 5. But I'm kind of at a point where anything I really wanted to have, whether it's a cool video game system or elusive game or comic or device or this or that... I can. And have, pretty much, without getting into ELITE level stuff that costs tens of thousands of dollars that I'm not really worried about.

I don't know. It's a little sobering. Like, "What else am I supposed to do?" Or collect, or indulge. Just go back through it all? Greatest hits retread? Feels hollow. And it doesn't help that everything I'm into that's new is being appropriated by SJWs to suit their self hating.
I mean, that upcoming TMNT Collection already solved my 'I'll never find or play the NES Tournament Fighters and Radical Rescue game in my lifetime' problem. Everything is slowly becoming available.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote