The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-17-2022, 02:30 PM   #1
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Freekazoid!

Well someone brought this one up, so who else is fan?
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:34 PM   #2
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
This is a perfect example of a great series that came out at the wrong time. A teenage nerd being sucked into the internet and becoming a memetastic superhero.

A little too ahead of its time.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"

Last edited by Anarchistguy; 05-26-2023 at 04:46 AM.
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:35 PM   #3
oldmanwinters
Overlord

You really like starting the stub threads for old cartoons, don't you?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 04:11 AM   #4
drgon78
Mad Scientist

There are a lot of old cartoons I would like to talk about and apparently most of them wouldn't have threads if I didn't start them.
Old 06-22-2022, 05:19 AM   #5
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Old cartoons are my jam nowadays.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 05:38 AM   #6
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Old shows and movies are mostly what I watch. I have always loved animation though I have been disappointed with most modern cartoons.
Old 06-22-2022, 06:05 AM   #7
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Old shows and movies are mostly what I watch. I have always loved animation though I have been disappointed with most modern cartoons.
Yeeeeeeah, tell me about it.

There's some new stuff I sort of follow, most of it being anime. It's just that I always feel this sense of trepidation because I have no idea if the quality will go downhill one day because a lot of animation in modern times can't seem to stick the landing.

For example, we talked about W.I.T.C.H. a few weeks ago, and man, I used to devour that show back in 2005. I loved it so much, and watched it religiously every day on the ABC Family Jetix block. I really miss that sense of excitement. I wasn't even a kid back then, mind you, I was about eighteen when W.I.T.C.H. started.

Freakazoid was a show I did watch as a kid, and again, it was something I also gobbled up. I watched it mostly on Cartoon Network since I missed the original run on Kids WB. Great stuff. My friends and I in middle school used to love quoting the show a lot.
Old 06-22-2022, 07:27 AM   #8
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I do miss that feeling of being excited for a show or movie.
Old 06-22-2022, 07:46 AM   #9
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I do miss that feeling of being excited for a show or movie.
Yep. It's becoming more rare for me. Actually, I can't think of anything I'm excited about right now. I was excited for Spider-verse 2 until they announced the delay for it (and rumors that they are adding in political stuff into it, which made me wanna scream because Spider-verse does not need politics of any kind in it).
Old 06-22-2022, 01:03 PM   #10
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I am excited for Miraculous Ladybug Movie...mostly because the show runner has nothing to do with it and the animation looks great.

As for Freekazoid, do have any favorite episodes, skits, villains, etc.?
Old 06-22-2022, 01:45 PM   #11
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I appreciate is more in hindsight, for some reason kid me couldn't wrap my head around the idea that it was a superhero that was about comedy and skits than actual superheroing. Like I was laughing at the jokes but annoyed that he wasn't really doing anything. I was excited when they did that origin story episode of his, like finally, lol. I think it was even aired at a special or something.

The WB cartoons sure loved their Bill Clinton, didn't they?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 01:49 PM   #12
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I am excited for Miraculous Ladybug Movie...mostly because the show runner has nothing to do with it and the animation looks great.
This isn't a Ladybug thread (I'm probably giving you ideas, huh? ), but I mostly dipped out somewhere in season 2 of the show. I don't hate it, I just lost interest after some time. I think dislike some of the ideas in the show like basically all the main kids getting their own Kwamis/superhero identities, some of the weird episode plotlines, and so on. I still catch episodes on Disney Channel when I'm bored. I don't really follow it as much as I used to. What's the movie supposed to be about?

Quote:
As for Freekazoid, do have any favorite episodes, skits, villains, etc.?
As for Freakazoid, there's just too much to name.

I'll leave this 'Best Of' compilation from Youtube as a few samples of what I like from the show:

Old 06-22-2022, 02:37 PM   #13
drgon78
Mad Scientist

"We interrupt our program for this important message; I love you..."
Old 06-23-2022, 07:31 AM   #14
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

I will say that I prefer the skit oriented nature of season 1 to the plot oriented nature of season 2. To me, Freakazoid worked best when it was more random.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Old 06-23-2022, 07:38 AM   #15
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchistguy View Post
I will say that I prefer the skit oriented nature of season 1 to the plot oriented nature of season 2. To me, Freakazoid worked best when it was more random.
Hmm.

I thought both worked, really. The writing was still strong in season 2, maybe a bit more refined, and wittier than s1 at times too.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:59 AM   #16
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Hmm.

I thought both worked, really. The writing was still strong in season 2, maybe a bit more refined, and wittier than s1 at times too.
I also didn't like that they got rid of all the side characters in season 2. I quite enjoyed Lord Bravery and The Huntsman.

Last edited by Anarchistguy; 06-24-2022 at 05:25 AM.
Old 06-23-2022, 08:41 AM   #17
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I enjoyed seeing the Freak again on Teen Titans Go!
https://teen-titans-go.fandom.com/wiki/Huggbees

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 09:05 AM   #18
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I enjoyed seeing the Freak again on Teen Titans Go!
https://teen-titans-go.fandom.com/wiki/Huggbees
I didn't know about this, so I went, and watched some clips.

Meh. It's TTG...with Freakazoid. Paul Rugg sounded too old for the role, like, Freakazoid seemed pretty off to me. The humor in the clips I saw were, well, TTG but with Freakazoid. I was a little bemused they referenced Detention, I thought I was the only one who remembered that show.
Old 06-23-2022, 11:30 AM   #19
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
I didn't know about this, so I went, and watched some clips.

Meh. It's TTG...with Freakazoid. Paul Rugg sounded too old for the role, like, Freakazoid seemed pretty off to me. The humor in the clips I saw were, well, TTG but with Freakazoid. I was a little bemused they referenced Detention, I thought I was the only one who remembered that show.
They've been doing weird crossovers lately. Thundercats Roar, Freekazoid, Beetlejuice. Hard to tell who they'll get the rights to next.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 11:33 AM   #20
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
They've been doing weird crossovers lately. Thundercats Roar, Freekazoid, Beetlejuice. Hard to tell who they'll get the rights to next.
Teen Titans Go has always felt like bad fanfiction to me, written by hipster millennials who think mocking stuff, and pointing out how weird/dumb they are automatically makes them funny. This has been their MO since the get-go. I mean, they wrote an entire episode about how mortgages and bank lending works just because they thought it'd be 'ironic'.