The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-16-2022, 04:38 AM   #4221
Leo656
The Franchise

Spring Cleaning has been going better than expected, and I've gotten more done than I thought. Cleared up some space, got some stuff in order, so far so good.

Also taking advantage of the fact that I need to make space anyways as an opportunity to shoot some more toy review videos. We've got like six episodes' of stuff just sitting on a storage device but my old lady isn't in the mood to cut them yet. She wants to shoot a bunch more first and then just do it all over a long weekend, then put one out every week or so for a while. Eh, it's a way to go, whatever.

Opening up a bunch of older figures and trashing the plastic has already cleared up an absurd amount of space. So I guess there's a decent upside to doing this one her way. Because I got like 10 totes worth of stuff I haven't even opened yet, but I can knock that down to like four bins of loose stuff really quick if I really dig into it.

I, uh... I kinda have a lotta toys. More than I thought I did, even. I'm always going through my stuff to inventory it or whatever, and there's always a few things like, "...When did I get this?" It's nuts. In a good way, like it can make a weekday feel like Christmas, it's just weird how you can just forget you have things, if you have so many of them.

I probably have more detailed "stock inventory" than some small businesses do, but I'm anal like that. I often forget what I specifically have but I generally have it written down, somewhere. Toys, comics, movies, games... I got these gigantic checklists of everything, on paper and on my hard drive.

I started doing this as a kid when I'd get robbed a lot. Then I just kept doing it because it's good to try and maintain a sense of order when you're a collector of so many things. It's a bit of a mess - thus the need to clean it as present - but it's a nice little bit of Organized Chaos.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:25 PM   #4222
Leo656
The Franchise

My DC Direct Eradicator had a broken wrist when I took him out of storage for inspection - WHO the hell invented hinged wrist joints on action figures? WHO, I ask you?! - but it seems like some Gorilla Glue manage to fix the problem. The wrist peg was fine, but the casing on the wrist-end of the hand that fits around the peg cracked cleanly in half. Which is a common problem with these types of figures, because hinge-jointed wrists on an action figure are serious f*cking bullsh*t on a good day.

Thankfully, it was a clean fracture and so I was able to get some glue on there and it seems to be holding fine. He'll never be able to move his wrist again, but to be blunt, he shouldn't have ever been able to in the first place. If it was a peg-wrist or even a solid piece with no articulation at all, it wouldn't have f*cking broken.

A replacement figure would have cost me anywhere from $80 to $300, so I'm glad I don't have to bother. Man, I remember when I got this figure for $20 back in 2004 or whenever.

And even then, I took one look at that wrist joint and was like, "...That thing's gonna snap right in half one day." But at least I was able to make it presentable again.

Old 05-17-2022, 05:09 AM   #4223
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
My DC Direct Eradicator had a broken wrist when I took him out of storage for inspection - WHO the hell invented hinged wrist joints on action figures? WHO, I ask you?! - but it seems like some Gorilla Glue manage to fix the problem. The wrist peg was fine, but the casing on the wrist-end of the hand that fits around the peg cracked cleanly in half. Which is a common problem with these types of figures, because hinge-jointed wrists on an action figure are serious f*cking bullsh*t on a good day.

Thankfully, it was a clean fracture and so I was able to get some glue on there and it seems to be holding fine. He'll never be able to move his wrist again, but to be blunt, he shouldn't have ever been able to in the first place. If it was a peg-wrist or even a solid piece with no articulation at all, it wouldn't have f*cking broken.

A replacement figure would have cost me anywhere from $80 to $300, so I'm glad I don't have to bother. Man, I remember when I got this figure for $20 back in 2004 or whenever.

And even then, I took one look at that wrist joint and was like, "...That thing's gonna snap right in half one day." But at least I was able to make it presentable again.
Awesome! I know the pain of a broken figurine all too well. I tend to do what you did if possible, and just stick some glue on there, and just never try to move the part again.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:39 PM   #4224
Leo656
The Franchise

Today was our anniversary. Pretty quiet; I'll take quiet.

She was gonna take us out to eat, but there was some kinda fraudulent charges on her account that she's fighting with her bank about, so we just stayed in. So I made us omelettes for lunch and fish and chips with shrimp over rice for dinner. I also made pudding for dessert but she doesn't know that yet.

She got me the new Dustin Rhodes AEW action figure and the Godfather Trilogy on DVD. So I have no excuse to not watch them, now. Finally.

We also played some Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 on N64 and I'm happy to report I'm still way better at it.

Old 05-20-2022, 11:00 AM   #4225
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So the reviews weren't wrong, the mouse trap I got worked like a charm!

Waiting in my car for a few to get up the courage to do it since there were more people around on a Friday morning than I had hoped (including park maintenance who appeared to be finishing up), but went and casually released it off the little trail in the wooded section of a nearby park.

I have no clue if that's even legal... But I did pick up a chunk of glass I saw laying in the trail and a water bottle some jerk must have only recently thrown aside, so I sorta feel a little less guilty like paid the park back.

Also gave me a chance to check out the pond I had heard a while ago that they'd restored, which originally was part of a small amusement park back there in the early 1900s, so that was nice to have a reason to go take a look at that finally.

Mouse wasn't even sure what to do at first... but accidentally dropping my phone seemed to do the trick to scare it off to go find its new life, hopefully outside of anyone's home.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:20 PM   #4226
Leo656
The Franchise

So I was outside playing with Zoe before; she wasn't really feeling it, it's been warm the last few days and while she loves to play she gets a bit lethargic when it's too hot for her. Threw the ball, tossed her the rope, she'd just pick it up for a second and drop it. Rather just meander around the yard and sit under her tree, which is fine, must be tough being a dog when it's warm out.

So I'm sitting in the chair watching her for a bit, then pull out my phone and check Facebook. A picture of my cat 'Nique that I posted a few years ago showed up in my feed, and involuntarily I just broke down crying because I just miss her so much. I see pictures of her every day (she's my phone background and Facebook picture) and I think about her always, and she's been dead a couple of years now but sometimes it still just kinda hits me all at once. She was the best.

Immediately, Zoe comes running over and starts nuzzling me, licking my face and making Happy Face. She grabbed the ball and brought it to me so I could throw it, and she chased it, then snatched the rope and wanted to play tug. It was so precious.

She is such a good dog. Sometimes my heart can't take it. She's young yet, but she won't be around forever and much as I try not to think about that I can't help it. We've only had her for 7 months and I just can't bear the thought of not having her. I feel like the entire reason I was born was to have This Dog, specifically.

My life is nothing but one gigantic Existential Crises. Regardless, my dog is an angel and I'm lucky to have her. She's too good for this world.

Old 06-03-2022, 06:12 AM   #4227
Leo656
The Franchise

Ten Years Later, still one of my favorite Highlight Reel videos. 2012 was a great year. This really takes me back, we all had some fun times. Makes me all misty.

Old 06-03-2022, 06:21 AM   #4228
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Ten Years Later, still one of my favorite Highlight Reel videos. 2012 was a great year. This really takes me back, we all had some fun times. Makes me all misty.

Awww!

Man, 2012 was probably the last year I remember really being happy, and ending the year on a good note. That was the year I developed some bad health problems that I still have now (in January, so pretty early in 2012), actually, but even in spite of that, it ended up being pretty good, and nice things happened to me later on in the year. I think things went downhill after 2012, and I noticed that society began to get worse after that too.
Old 06-03-2022, 06:33 AM   #4229
Leo656
The Franchise

The worst thing that happened was that on the day of that show in the pouring rain I was still getting over The Worst Ear Infection Ever. We had two shows that day and on the first one I got slapped right in the goddamn bad ear.

...Oh, and at 2:25 I legit almost died. Dude didn't "pitch" me correctly but I was okay. Kinda scary, though.

I miss having "almost-abs", too, but that sh*t is pretty much a fallen memory by this point.

But man, I was good back then. Didn't hurt that back then they gave me a ton of really good people to work with. These days... very hit-and-miss. But not much can be done about that, you don't get to pick you just show up and get what you get.

Old 06-03-2022, 02:54 PM   #4230
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Stopped by Walmart for a few for groceries and thought to check the bedding section and saw that they restocked the right size of a sheet set I'd been wanting. Technically I think they're supposed to be for kids, but look rather age neutral and like hell an adult can't have blue starry sheets with constellations on them!
Old 06-03-2022, 06:26 PM   #4231
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Stopped by Walmart for a few for groceries and thought to check the bedding section and saw that they restocked the right size of a sheet set I'd been wanting. Technically I think they're supposed to be for kids, but look rather age neutral and like hell an adult can't have blue starry sheets with constellations on them!
Super nice! Stuff like that is so much fun, isn't it?
Old 06-03-2022, 08:06 PM   #4232
Leo656
The Franchise

Y'wanna talk about fun? Hoooo.

So my wife got some new weed (from her Mom, naturally ). It's been a couple weeks since we had good, "fresh" stuff. Trying to save money, so we've been alternating between some stuff we had and a bunch of different CBD she's been hoarding, kinda stretching things out. But today she got some new kind.

...Holy sh*t. One bowl and I'm on f*cking Mars. I'm walking the dog and forgetting how many laps around the cul de sac we did. I'm making dinner and putting the wrong lids on all the pots and pans an' sh*t. Whoooooo. Whoo.

Gonna put on some Clutch and listen to some Spacegrass.

No but seriously, this is serious. This is serious.

Old 06-07-2022, 05:12 PM   #4233
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yesterday was my nephew's birthday...and therefor also dog day.

While I will probably never be a dog person, I'm grateful that my sister seemed to choose wisely, picking the easy going one that chose her. So far the puppy has been well behaved and has a calm, sweet and laid back personality, so if she keeps that up I will be grateful and it may work out fine between she and I.

So, meet Penny. She's a dark silvery, blue-eyed (parent's are supposedly blue so it may stay that color) Cane Corso... a type of mastiff, so good luck to my sister and brother-in-law when she's full grown.

Weirdly, among the random goodies I'd gotten to add to my nephew's gift bag was a bag of foil covered chocolate coins I'd seen weeks ago. Grabbed them because I'd never seen these before as they're coincidentally a bag of chocolate pennies.
Old 06-07-2022, 05:15 PM   #4234
superstaff
Mad Scientist

What a sweet little puppy!
Old 06-07-2022, 09:16 PM   #4235
Leo656
The Franchise

Dogs are the best.

Old 06-09-2022, 11:30 AM   #4236
newfan
Mad Scientist

Awh what a cute pup.

Well, I wish it was a new pet making me happy today too but instead it's something lame, my new manual lawnmower... yes I know, excitement must be lacking My flymo was horrible though, this one was an easy stroll up and down the garden and all done.

Last edited by newfan; 06-09-2022 at 11:36 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 12:31 PM   #4237
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, you technically still have to take a mower for walks, right? lol

Happy maker... the auto shop I take my Jeep to and the great people who work there. Were happy to get my Jeep in today. I figured tomorrow at best, but they're glad to get it in now so maybe they'll have some time to look at it early. Hopefully they can figure out what's up.

Also offered to put my saved old (but still decent) tire put on in place for the spare, and said it can also be brought back in before inspection and they can check on the state of the drive cycle.

Grateful to have this great shop with great people nearby.
Old 06-12-2022, 03:16 AM   #4238
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Dined at an Italian restaraunt with my family. Great Experience.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 04:41 PM   #4239
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Happy to have my Jeep back and not feel stuck anymore.
Old 06-15-2022, 06:42 PM   #4240
mrmaczaps
Banned

Finally, the belt I needed for my motorcycle came in.... should have been a happy/high point until I got the quote for repair. Got no wheels. Lol.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote