The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #3841
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Voting: pick which lies you think sounds best.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #3842
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Because I hate politics, that's why. Why should I bother voting for people who make empty-headed promises and don't really care about people? All politicians are crooks who don't care about anybody but themselves. And it doesn't matter anyway if I vote because there's no guarantee the person I vote for is going to get in. So, in that case, it's just a major waste of time. Sorry, but that's how I feel. If you like to vote and all that, good for you. I just don't see the point in it anymore.

It's not about liking to vote. Seriously, standing in a huge long line to pick some people? That isn't fun. But I do it because if I don't go pull that lever I am submitting to the will of all the redneck idiots who do show up.

You never vote for the politician....you vote for the party. Whichever one is closest to your personal philosophy that's what you pick. Cause they will all basically fall into whatever party philosophy they belong to.

Whether the person I vote for gets elected or not is irrelevant. It's the fact that I am making a conscious effort to be a part of my society. And it is especially about not letting redneck idiots who do not share my philosophy on life get to pick the idiots who make the laws I have to live by.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #3843
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
You never vote for the politician....you vote for the party.
Strike that...reverse it. Vote for the person who's values and ideals match your own. Screw the parties.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #3844
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Nah cause even they guy with the best intentions going in almost always caves and votes on party lines
Old 05-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #3845
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Nah cause even they guy with the best intentions going in almost always caves and votes on party lines
Even so...I seriously had to hold my nose when I pulled the lever for McCain...because there was a lot of stuff I disagreed with him on...less then the other guy, but you know.

Maybe the "pick the person" bit works best in primaries...since that's kinda the point.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #3846
discordiatookie
facehugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Happy View Post
Spoiler:
A few hours ago, me and a couple of people were driving down a busy street, when we saw a cat trying to get up onto the sidewalk. Nobody had stopped, he was extremely close to the other cars. He looked pretty bad so we drove around and went to him. Turned out he had broken both of his back legs, AS WELL as his back. I felt pretty disgusted. He was lying there very still, faintly breathing. We got a blanket from the car and picked him up in it. We called the nearest pet clinic and decided to drive him there. We put hm in the back for a second, when he started erratically shaking around, scratching the seats, looking like he'd had a seizure. We got in the car, I holding his head very still and down as we raced to the clinc, he still wriggled around while I held him.

He stopped moving about half way to the clinic. When we got there, the others got out o get someone to bring him in. I got out, and told the person who'd come out, that I'd thought he'd died. She pulled him out.

His face was blank. His mouth was open, as if stuck in the moment of trying to bite something. His head hung on his shoulder. His eyes empty with life, almost looking through me.

I asked if he was dead, she replied, 'Probably."

I literally started crying. I don't even know why. I'm usually not this sensitive. I haven't felt this upset for a long time. It made me upset just to write this.

It was very strange, I never expected to feel this bad. I know it's not as bad as losing a nephew (very sorry to hear about your loss Machi). But it still made me very upset. It was good to know that the cat died with probably the most love it'd ever had in it's life (it was a stray who'd had alot of other scars.)

I don't even know how to end this story. Think I'm just gonna go to bed now.
Not quite the same, but on saturday evening I was heading down to a friend's place for some drinks. There was this young guy, late teens/early twenties, lying curled up in the middle of the pavement, passed out. His phone was lying at his feet. I walked past, hesitated for like a split second, and then turned back. I gave the lad a shake, woke him up, asked if he needed an ambulance, or anything. He stood up, was quite drunk but seemed to have drunk most of it off, and thanked me. I told him to watch his phone, incase someone nicked it, so he picked it up and thanked me yet again. He then wondered off down the street, calling someone, hopefully a taxi or even his parents...

Now, across the road, about twenty feet away were about seven or eight people waiting for a bus. Looked like they had been there a while. I just can't believe that every single person there had ignored this guy, who obviously had just had a bit too much to drink and had decided the street seemed to be a good place to sleep. Afraid that he turns violent and attacks you? Call the emergency services or something. Don't just let him lie there. It had been pouring of rain the whole day, was still quite yet, and it did start dinging down later on. Imagine how sh*tty all of them at the bus stop (and myself, had I carried on past) would've felt had they opened up the papers the next day to find someone had ended up in hospital with hypothermia, or god forbid died, just because they ignored the drunk kid asleep on the street. Hell, even if it was a homeless person, I couldn't have left them there. Had to do something.

/Rant over.

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #3847
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Yeah, we were the only ones who'd stopped to help that cat. Everyone else was driving extremely fast, and close to it.

I'm not even a cat person, but it kind of disgusts me how some people don't care at all about these kinds of things.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #3848
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
i just vote so then when the Government f*cks up i have a right to complain! lol!

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #3849
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian View Post
i just vote so then when the Government f*cks up i have a right to complain! lol!
reminds me of a funny story. A friend of mine was going to vote for the first time in a local election, since all politicians are basically the same and corrupted as heck he just picked at random. His random choice was the Neo-Nazi party, and he picked it. later when the votes was counted he watched the news cast that had the poll result, where it was mentioned that the Neo-Nazi party came out last with only one vote.

Lots of good laughs
Old 05-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #3850
Storm Wolf
The Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post

This is so going into my signature!

I see similarities between taxes and voting. No one want's to do it/ they wait until the last minute to do it and the outcome (50% of the time)
is nothing to smile about.
Quote:
Storm Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:08 AM   #3851
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

taxes and voting, which reminds me how wonderful politicians are.

The neighbor county(or Municipality) voted on the "Right People Party" on the only reason that they where the only party that wanted to remove Property Tax.

They won of course by a landslide, cause Property Tax is complete bullsh*t. Then shorty after they announced that property Tax was too important to take down or even lower it
Old 05-11-2011, 05:50 AM   #3852
Katie
Just...way too serious.

That's exactly my point. Most candidates make a lot of promises to do this or that but when they get into office they are enlightened as to why this or that hasn't been done. They realize what they have said can't be done and they realize they are going to have togo back on what they said.

So you really really can't vote based on what a candidate says....you really have to vote for the party ideals he represents. Cause in the end, that policy line is generally what you're onna get.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #3853
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I get what you're saying, Katie, but what confuses me are the campaign ads. I mean, the positive ones are good, but then you have negative ones that smear that person. So, even if you agree with someone's policies or whatever, the negative ads might show a different side, so then you have to think about whether that ad is true or not. It's just too confusing, so that's why I don't bother. I have my own ideals and philosophy, so I'll just go by that. Sorry, but that's the way I feel. I just don't trust politicians.

Just had a bit of a scary moment with Toby. I was sitting here on the computer when he suddenly yelped. I hurried to the living room to see what was wrong. I felt his paws and made sure nothing was stuck in them. He seemed fine and even started licking me. I noticed a piece of something on the floor, so I wonder if he stepped on that or his bone. He's fine now, though.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #3854
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

....Im so scary/afraid right now...a few time ago there were two earthquakes in Murcia...(other cost-place) Lorca!!!....

There are at least 7 deads at the moment...
...Im afraid because this country is not ready for a big , neither for a medium natural disaster!...and because our house/home is not very safe for a earthquake, so old...were are building a new one but not ready for living yet!!!! ...if a small earthquake happens in this part of my country...the house will fall over us!!! ...
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2011/0...305130146.html
Old 05-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #3855
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Quote:
reminds me of a funny story. A friend of mine was going to vote for the first time in a local election, since all politicians are basically the same and corrupted as heck he just picked at random. His random choice was the Neo-Nazi party, and he picked it. later when the votes was counted he watched the news cast that had the poll result, where it was mentioned that the Neo-Nazi party came out last with only one vote.

Lots of good laughs
rofl! good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzmagica View Post
....Im so scary/afraid right now...a few time ago there were two earthquakes in Murcia...(other cost-place) Lorca!!!....

There are at least 7 deads at the moment...
...Im afraid because this country is not ready for a big , neither for a medium natural disaster!...and because our house/home is not very safe for a earthquake, so old...were are building a new one but not ready for living yet!!!! ...if a small earthquake happens in this part of my country...the house will fall over us!!! ...
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2011/0...305130146.html
holy cow!

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 05-12-2011, 06:06 AM   #3856
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

In my opinion in any other country this would have been just a tremor no more importance ...
Richter intensity:4,4 and 5,2 ....The earthquakes has been a thousand times smaller than Japan.
....What would happen with only one of intensity 7?

Right now with the small ones:
# At least 20,000 people have been unable to return to their homes, according to Mayor.
# The Government has mobilized the Emergency Military Unit :350 military search and rescue capability.
# There are police and major damage to several buildings that have suffered landslides.
# The local hospital has had to be evicted for damages.
* Nine dead (two pregnant woman and a kid between those) and 260 injured, three of them seriously.
*In Spain there were not killed by an earthquake from the February 28, 1969 on the coast of Huelva. Four people died of heart attacks after a tremor of 7.5 degrees...

Old 05-12-2011, 07:24 AM   #3857
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Whoa. That's not good, Luz. I'll be keeping you and everyone affected in my thoughts.

Found out what happened to Toby. He broke his nail, and that's why he yelped. My sis is taking him to the vet today to get his nails trimmed and to get his shots. She asked if I wanted to go, but I told her if that if she didn't need me, I wouldn't go. She said it wasn't necessary for me to go, so I'm staying home.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #3858
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

yeah Luz, in my thoughts as well

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 05-13-2011, 04:27 AM   #3859
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Whoa. That's not good, Luz. I'll be keeping you and everyone affected in my thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian View Post
yeah Luz, in my thoughts as well
Thanks for all...!
At the moment my family/friends are not affected...
...if this happens in my area I hope all to be moved to a new home safer ....!
Old 05-13-2011, 06:41 AM   #3860
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I hope you guys make it out okay, too.

Tags
advice, celebrations, condolences, gossip