The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 03:27 PM   #141
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Shameless, pointless T&A already? We're going Full Bay. I repeat: we're going FULL BAY.
Yeah! Michael Bay! Wooo!! Toss me a beer bro we're gonna go see that Karate Reptile movie! Megan O'Fox plays a sexy school girl in it or something! Woooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
If anything if they're able to best the turtles in a fight, despite their advantages, it establishes them as credible threats. Much like how Shredder in the Nick show can take out characters like Leatherhead and Rocksteady, who are shown to be physically stronger than humans. That can all work to the story's benefit.
So we want Foot ninjas to be able to take down hugely overpowered and nigh invulnerable Turtles, whereas trained mercenaries with guns couldn't do it previously.

Hey, how about instead of coming up with excuses for sh*t writing and adapting, we just call it sh*t writing and adapting.

Quote:
And I totally just realized April's wig is Judith Hoag's hairstyle from the original turtles movie.
No, not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:54 PM   #142
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Well... a lot of Hollywood, yeah. Bay's a consistent offender, though. Appealing to the lowest common denominator is his whole deal, and that comes with the territory.

After the last movie, you'd hope they'd prioritize selling April as a talented, independent journalist. T&A can have its place, but stripping April down for the male gaze really doesn't sit right with me. Especially when she's the sole major woman character in the damn movie. I'm used to Bay movies objectifying women, but if that's what's happening in this case, it feels especially disappointing.
Agreed. Suffering Sappho, this is just demoralizing. I like getting an eyeful of a sexy woman as much as anyone, but this really feels like the movie is being made by a 13 year old boy.

Someone remind me again that these movies are just for kids though, right? Little kiddies love sexualized Halloween costumes!!! Yay Bay!

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Old 04-30-2015, 03:56 PM   #143
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Agreed. Suffering Sappho, this is just demoralizing. I like getting an eyeful of a sexy woman as much as anyone, but this really feels like the movie is being made by a 13 year old boy.

Someone remind me again that these movies are just for kids though, right? Little kiddies love sexualized Halloween costumes!!! Yay Bay!
Remember when April was already a serious, respected journalist who regularly got on the bad side of the Chief of Police but then ALSO pissed off the deadly ninja crime lord who needed her eliminated to shut her up and she was subtly sexy without shoving it in our faces with ridiculous dudebro wet dream costumes?

Those were the days.

Quote:
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:59 PM   #144
Leo656
The Franchise

To be fair, It moved when I saw Fox in that skirt.

But yeah, more pandering. Ah well. At least we all know exactly what we're getting with this one.

Here's to lost opportunities. Sigh.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Old 04-30-2015, 03:59 PM   #145
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
IS IT JUST ME, OR DOES HE LOOK LIKE HE NEEDS TO PEE?

http://i.imgur.com/4F2nXVW.jpg
He was probably watching them film Megan in that schoolgirl outfit.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:09 PM   #146
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post

So we want Foot ninjas to be able to take down hugely overpowered and nigh invulnerable Turtles, whereas trained mercenaries with guns couldn't do it previously.

Hey, how about instead of coming up with excuses for sh*t writing and adapting, we just call it sh*t writing and adapting.
So it would be wrong for them to portray The Foot as being capable in a fight against physically strong, but not invulnerable, opponents in order to show them as a legitimate threat? Got it. Tell you what, how about you get the stick out of your ass in the meantime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post

No, not really.
Yes, really.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:15 PM   #147
Leo656
The Franchise

If they ever wanted ANYone to be a credible threat to the Turtles in any future movies, they shouldn't have shown them shrugging off bullets and flipping over shipping containers in the FIRST movie.

I don't care what these "Foot Ninja" look like. They're cannon fodder, and you can bet that's all they'll ever be. Consider: Bebop and Rocksteady are in it. More than likely, the entire reason they'll be created, is because the Foot Ninja can't get the job done against the Hulk Brigade. Every movie in the series is going to be more and more escalation, which is the only choice they're left with after they backed themselves into a corner with the first one.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:22 PM   #148
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
but this really feels like the movie is being made by a 13 year old boy.
"Write [direct/produce] what you know." Made by a manchild.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:27 PM   #149
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
If they ever wanted ANYone to be a credible threat to the Turtles in any future movies, they shouldn't have shown them shrugging off bullets and flipping over shipping containers in the FIRST movie.

I don't care what these "Foot Ninja" look like. They're cannon fodder, and you can bet that's all they'll ever be. Consider: Bebop and Rocksteady are in it. More than likely, the entire reason they'll be created, is because the Foot Ninja can't get the job done against the Hulk Brigade. Every movie in the series is going to be more and more escalation, which is the only choice they're left with after they backed themselves into a corner with the first one.
Jesus Christ, my point is it doesn't matter what was on the cutting room floor in the first film, the Foot were shown to be gun carrying soldiers- not ninjas. This time around it looks like their army is being made up of something a bit more traditional in order to engage the turtles on a different level. Once again I point to a character like Nick's Shredder who uses his skills to be able to go one on one with physically superior opponents. Now I'm not saying they may all dominate the turtles, because obviously while troublesome the turtles always beat Foot Soldiers and Bebop and Rocksteady are obviously going to be their big guns, but I am saying that they could be used as an interesting way to up the stakes. Apparently not to anybody who is closed minded, but still.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:32 PM   #150
Leo656
The Franchise

It's not "closed-minded" it's common goddamn sense.

Unless they all attack and swarm like fleas these f*ckers are no threat. It's already been established, and if you honestly think there's going to be a scene with Foot Ninja "upping the stakes", in the same movie with bebop and Rocksteady in it, then you're delusional. Don't kid yourself.

They're in the movie to look pathetic and weak. Now, that's all Foot Ninja really ever are, so that's fine. But let's not pretend there's any chance at all they'll be competent. That's simply not plausible.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:37 PM   #151
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:

Unless they all attack and swarm like fleas these f*ckers are no threat.
Maybe they will. Maybe they'll divide and conquer, who knows. And if they did then yes, those ****ers would have a chance.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:39 PM   #152
Leo656
The Franchise

I'd like to live as a cockeyed optimist for a while. Just to see what color the sky is in that world. Alas, I just don't have the strength to live with the infinite disappointment that comes with it.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:43 PM   #153
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:

Unless they all attack and swarm like fleas these f*ckers are no threat. It's already been established, and if you honestly think there's going to be a scene with Foot Ninja "upping the stakes", in the same movie with bebop and Rocksteady in it, then you're delusional. Don't kid yourself.

They're in the movie to look pathetic and weak. Now, that's all Foot Ninja really ever are, so that's fine. But let's not pretend there's any chance at all they'll be competent. That's simply not plausible.
I guess I'm delusional then. To me saying its not plausible to portray The Foot as an all around threat, right down to their soldiers, speaks more towards being shortsighted.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:44 PM   #154
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I'd like to live as a cockeyed optimist for a while. Just to see what color the sky is in that world. Alas, I just don't have the strength to live with the infinite disappointment that comes with it.
Remember... an optimist can never be pleasantly surprised.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:45 PM   #155
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I imagine it wouldn't be gloomy enough for you. Too bright on this side.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:51 PM   #156
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
I guess I'm delusional then. To me saying its not plausible to portray The Foot as an all around threat, right down to their soldiers, speaks more towards being shortsighted.
In a different movie series than THIS one, maybe the Foot Ninja could be a credible threat. NOT this one. DEFINITELY not in a movie that only exists to contain the live-action debut of Bebop and Rocksteady.

Lest we forget, there was an entire abandoned subplot in the last movie - which was filmed - where the Foot Ninja had to be injected with mutagen and turned into super-soldiers to even have a CHANCE against the TMNT. THAT was how the last movie was originally supposed to go. "Those Turtles are so Hulked out, our guys only stand a chance if we turn them into monsters". That's most likely going to be the thread they use in this movie as a way to create Bebop and Rocksteady.

They're gonna get tossed around just as easily as before, whether they have guns or swords. It really doesn't matter. And frankly, I'm fine with that. I don't *love* it, but it fits the story they're going for. I'm just saying, anybody expecting the Foot Ninja to be more than "crash dummies in black pajamas" is going to be disappointed, aaaand it'd be wise on their part to lower their standards well in advance and be realistic.

S'all I'm saying.

Quote:
I imagine it wouldn't be gloomy enough for you. Too bright on this side.
Nobody here gets me at all. So NOT a pessimistic person. Just when something looks sh*tty on its face, I say so, and don't look for things that aren't there just to assuage my own discomfort. Lots of things suck, and there's nothing wrong with pointing it out. I'd rather embrace facts than live in my own delusions. Fail to see how that makes me or anyone else with a similar outlook "gloomy". More like "Realistic".

Old 04-30-2015, 04:53 PM   #157
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
In a different movie series than THIS one, maybe the Foot Ninja could be a credible threat. NOT this one. DEFINITELY not in a movie that only exists to contain the live-action debut of Bebop and Rocksteady.

Lest we forget, there was an entire abandoned subplot in the last movie - which was filmed - where the Foot Ninja had to be injected with mutagen and turned into super-soldiers to even have a CHANCE against the TMNT. THAT was how the last movie was originally supposed to go. "Those Turtles are so Hulked out, our guys only stand a chance if we turn them into monsters". That's most likely going to be the thread they use in this movie as a way to create Bebop and Rocksteady.

They're gonna get tossed around just as easily as before, whether they have guns or swords. It really doesn't matter. And frankly, I'm fine with that. I don't *love* it, but it fits the story they're going for. I'm just saying, anybody expecting the Foot Ninja to be more than "crash dummies in black pajamas" is going to be disappointed, aaaand it'd be wise on their part to lower their standards well in advance and be realistic.

S'all I'm saying.
Nah. It's way easier to just say things like "take the stick out of your ass" or "closed-minded " then actually think and have standards.

Quote:
Old 04-30-2015, 04:57 PM   #158
Leo656
The Franchise

Hey man I'd much prefer seeing some stylish martial arts fights with Foot Ninja who are competent, instead of what we're going to get. But I don't see how anyone could look at the universe they've crafted for these films and think that's in any way plausible. That's not the kind of movie they want to make!

I mean, that's like going into "Batman and Robin" after seeing "Forever", and saying "I really hope there's a scene where the Joker shoots Gordon's daughter through the spine like in the comics." Like... sure, it's possible, but... what exactly did you see in the last movie to make you think that was on the table?

Old 04-30-2015, 05:04 PM   #159
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Yes..The life of the pessimist, must be such a drag bringing down everyone else around you. Some runs away, even throw rocks. Just awful. *tsk tsk*

Welp, focus on the joy people!

Quote:
Megan Fox: Blonde For ‘TMNT 2′ — Almost Unrecognizable!
http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/04/30/...hair-makeover/

Blonde bombshell! Megan was spotted with lighter locks on April 29 in New York City as she filmed scenes for the upcoming ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.’ Do you love her makeover?

It’s just for a movie role but Megan Fox, 28, has undergone a dramatic hair makeover! Her transformation was spotted as she filmed TMNT 2 in New York on April 29.

Megan rocked the curly wig while shooting scenes for the movie. The style is reminiscent of the ’80s, with slightly frizzy curls and bangs anchoring the look. At one point, she was also wearing thick black glasses. Maybe her character, reporter April O’Neil, is going undercover!

You’ll have to wait until June 2016 to see the flick in theaters!
Old 04-30-2015, 05:05 PM   #160
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
"Write [direct/produce] what you know." Made by a manchild.
I've just had an epiphany. The proverbial lightbulb has gone on over my head.

Michael Bay is a lizard person. That's why he keeps making the same thing, the same MORONIC thing over and over. "Human males like to see scantily clad human females! They also like explosions - which will be like the explosions that our motherships make when we decide to invade the planet!" That's also why his movies are completely racially tone-deaf (most recent example being those racist Halloween costumes that we saw set photos of) - all humans look alike to him!

He even has a dead-eyed, lizardy look to his human meat-suit. The thin-lipped, reptilian sneer of someone who snacks on bags full of dead insects when nobody's around to see him at it.

How did I not realize this before??????????? The conspiracy goes deeper than I had realized!

He probably uses these movies to feed on human brainwaves and to distract us from the evil machinations of the rest of the lizard empire in positions of power within human society. He's the ground force - keep the humans distracted with shiny things while the rest of the lizard army work to dismantle us from within, and use our planet as a breeding ground for their eggs.

I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2