The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-03-2018, 05:53 PM   #1
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Quote:
Favreau will pen the script and exec produce the live-action series for the forthcoming Disney streaming service.
Disney's forthcoming streaming service won't launch until late 2019 but details surrounding one of its most highly anticipated TV series have emerged.
Jon Favreau, who is set to write and exec produce an original, live-action scripted Star Wars TV series, revealed that his new show will be called The Mandalorian.
"After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic," Favreau shared in an post on his verified Instagram account.
Disney is developing multiple live-action Star Wars TV series for its upcoming streaming service, which is designed to rival Netflix. The platform will be the exclusive home for Marvel feature films and original series as well as Pixar and other Lucasfilm properties. So far, only Favreau's involvement in one of the Star Wars TV series has been revealed. Wednesday's announcement offers a closer look at just where the new Star Wars TV series fits in with the franchise.
For his part, Favreau is no stranger to the Star Wars universe. The actor-director played roles in Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series and in Solo: A Star Wars Story.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...vealed-1149194

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:57 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

That's a "meh" from me.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:42 PM   #3
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

First image:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun! After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic. The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.
https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed

Old 10-04-2018, 05:56 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Guaranteed Boba Fett shows up and probably pops in from time to time.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:55 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Pedro Pascal plays the titular Mandalorian:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/pedro-pa...e-mandalorian/
Old 11-13-2018, 06:00 PM   #6
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

How much your willing to bet. That this Mandalorian character will turn up to be a good guy in the end? You usually have these type of characters that appear to be fighting on the other side. But then at some point. they switch sides and join the rebels. So we can probably expect this character to join the resistance at some point when some sort of betrayal happens.

If you look at Star Wars Rebels. There was a character who originally started out as a villain working for the empire. Then something happened to him that caused him to join the rebellion.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:46 PM   #7
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Gina Carano (Deadpool) joins the cast: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...lorian-1160809

Old 11-14-2018, 06:00 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
How much your willing to bet. That this Mandalorian character will turn up to be a good guy in the end? You usually have these type of characters that appear to be fighting on the other side. But then at some point. they switch sides and join the rebels. So we can probably expect this character to join the resistance at some point when some sort of betrayal happens.

If you look at Star Wars Rebels. There was a character who originally started out as a villain working for the empire. Then something happened to him that caused him to join the rebellion.
Of course he'll be a good guy. Or an "anti-hero." There's not a doubt in my mind.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:09 PM   #9
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Werner Herzog, Carl Weathers, and Giancarlo Esposito to the cast.

http://collider.com/the-mandalorian-..._medium=social
Old 08-23-2019, 07:23 PM   #10
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Old 08-23-2019, 10:02 PM   #11
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm conflicted, it looks awesome in many parts albeit unnecessary. On the other hand it's another OT rehash and a mandalorian who isn't boba fett in the same era as him yet the fan service still got me sort of excited.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:45 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm conflicted, it looks awesome in many parts albeit unnecessary. On the other hand it's another OT rehash and a mandalorian who isn't boba fett in the same era as him yet the fan service still got me sort of excited.
I'm still thinking we will see a post-Sarlacc Boba Fett in this.

I saw that full scene that leaked months back and that was really, really intriguing.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:08 AM   #13
Allio
Foot Elite

I know old EU was pretty bad about how many times Boba got eaten by the same Sarlac, but has new EU been that bad?
Old 08-24-2019, 01:42 AM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I know old EU was pretty bad about how many times Boba got eaten by the same Sarlac, but has new EU been that bad?
Don't know, but it sounds like largely the new EU beyond the cartoons is pretty boring, probably because the writers are barely allowed to do anything.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:44 PM   #15
sdp
Megan Fox = April

This looks silly fun and better than anything we've seen from Rogue One to the sequel trilogy. It reminds me of something a SWs video game would come up with and I'm ok with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Don't know, but it sounds like largely the new EU beyond the cartoons is pretty boring, probably because the writers are barely allowed to do anything.
So now that everything is 100% canon yet ignored by everyone we now get a boring EU. Ironic.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:21 AM   #17
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm still thinking we will see a post-Sarlacc Boba Fett in this.

I saw that full scene that leaked months back and that was really, really intriguing.
I'm thinking it will be nothing but a name drop here and there, unless the show goes for another four or five seasons. Like, when they run out of other ideas.

I think I'd love to be wrong, but I don't know. I guess the truth is, like many, I've always loved Boba for his armor. Now that the new guys has just as cool armor, I'm feeling both shallow and satisfied.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So it's out today. Anybody see it?

And is it ALL out, all episodes at once?
Old 11-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

I will watch it when it’s *free.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:06 PM   #20
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I will watch it when it’s *free.
I nabbed it off the Pirate Bay. Easy.

As for the show...yeah, I'd say it's decent. Just the one episode at the moment. Not that long either, about 38 minutes plus credits.

Spoiler:
Definitely going to have a "Lone Wolf and Cub" vibe if the end with Yoda Jr is any indication
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cancelculture