The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2021, 04:22 AM   #23
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Might never get finished, the remake underperformed and any second part will only sell less.
Dumb trolling is dumb.
Not only part 2 in active development, but SE confirmed whole slew of projects related to the FF7. So much for underperformed project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
A LOT of people don't want to play it in "chapters' with two-year breaks in between. They want to wait until it's complete and play the entire thing in one straight shot. Sure, that's gonna be like another 10 years at minimum but I understand why they'd rather just wait.

The delivery model for this game is stupid. "I get to play this awesome FF7 remake in little chunks, about 10% of the story at a time!" That's dumb. I understand that it's so "hi-def" and graphically polished that it takes that long just to make the damn game, but... maybe it shouldn't be. I don't think anyone would cry about it if it were less graphically impressive with the flipside being that they wouldn't need to take 2-to-5 years in between "chapters". By the time they get to the stuff that was Disc 3 of the original game, nobody's even still gonna care. People who were kids when Chapter 1 of the remake came out are gonna be married with kids by then.

It's like, a FF7 remake is something everybody's wanted for ages, and then when they finally do it, they do it the absolute dumbest way possible. It actually WOULDN'T shock me if they never get to even finish it. And then what are you left with?

Dumb.
It is impossible to create such big game in a reasonable timeframe.
You want FF7 with modern graphics and stuff? OK, see ya in 10-12 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah. A lot of people definitely were not expecting the "remake" to be... literally a completely new game with some of the same skeleton of the original. In fact, that pissed a lot of people off. A ton of my friends JUST wanted the same game they loved as teenagers, just with better graphics and some bonus features/extra content. They didn't want everything completely reworked from the ground up, that's overkill.

Points for effort, but literally nobody asked them to go ahead and do that. And I've always had a bad feeling that it would backfire on them.
If you want to play the same game as before, but with better graphics - there is already a remastered version of the OG FF7.

In general, SE always said it will be a remake with modern graphics and bells and whistles. People who expected "slightly better graphics, but everything else being the same" were dumb to expect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
sdp, lol. You visit ResetEra and you know that's not true.
RejectEra is like the worst place to get any impressions about success or failure of games. This place is a concentrated combination of boomers and SJW autism - they sometimes not aware of popular games and think that some hits were failures and vice versa.

And since they are boomers and fanboys, no different that their 4Chan counterparts, they are heavily biased towards some games.

Last edited by Sumac; 06-16-2021 at 04:34 AM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote