The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-05-2021, 03:12 PM   #21
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You can choose to view the Apocalypse finale as a "what if" if you want to. For Ciro it's likely intended to be canon, but if not, it doesn't really matter.

The Kavaxas arc and the 80's crossover with Bebop/Rocksteady both work well as series finale arcs.
I actually disagree that the Bebop and Rocksteady arc works well as a finale. The Kavaxas arc continued on from the primary narrative, tying off the final loose ends and then providing an emotionally satisfying ending, which is something the B&R arc didn't have. But beyond that, what really makes it not feel like a finale, at least for me, is the lack of cohesion throughout the parts. Characters will show up in one of the three parts, and then be completely absent in the following parts, like the Mutanimals in part 1, or Karai and Shinigami in part 2. Nothing really builds up and it just kind of start and go throughout, as the conflict stays the same size in each episode rather than getting bigger each episode. Also, I just think the other works better because it's entirely within the context of the 2012 show, rather than once again tying in with the '87 show. They're fun episodes on their own, but it's not exactly the best note to leave the series on.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 04:21 PM   #22
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Mutant Apocalypse is the canonical ending, and a fantastic one at that.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 04:39 PM   #23
sdp
Megan Fox = April

apocalypse arc is canon, just because you don't like how it ends the series and the implications of that being the future doesn't mean it's non-canon. I don't know how this narrative 'you can view it as a what if episode and if you like it you can count it if not that's ok". I mean by that logic can I just say Splinter's death didn't happen and that's a what if scenario? It's a canon episode and a great one and a great finale.

the crossover episode is worse than the first crossover, so it's not a great ending, not to mention how is it an ending to the 2012 show if it deals with the 80s characters and they got help from the 80s cartoon characters. I wasn't a huge fan of the apocalypse arc but it surely feels more of a "last epic" adventure than the crossover which isn't focused on the 2012 characters.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 06:35 PM   #24
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

The canonicity of things is a bit nebulous when dealing with a franchise made by different people over different times. Whose to say whose word really "counts"? If Peter Laird spoke on the canonicity of the newer shows, we'd ignore him even though he's the original creator, as it were. Likewise, I can't speak for those here, but a large number of people, myself included, will ignore the Star Wars sequel trilogy because of how it undermines the rest of the story and sucks in general. Disney, the current owner and creator of Star Wars, considers it canon, George Lucas doesn't, but he doesn't own it anymore. Whose word matters more? In some ways, I almost think it can be better to focus on what's good rather than what counts, but that can lead to it's own set of problems. Ciero considers it canon. Nickelodeon officially does not. Whose word counts? It really depends on your perspective. Mutant Apocalypse is a fine set of episodes by themselves, technically competent from a writing and foundational perspective. But as an ending to the show? It undermines the story by making everything the turtles did completely pointless. Nothing they did mattered. They just delayed the inevitable. I think that sucks. Ultimately it doesn't matter. 2012 is just another show that I'll say "Yeah, it was really good, but it kinda has a sucky ending."
Old 07-05-2021, 08:23 PM   #25
Vegita-San
Emperor

what makes a bigfoot even more stupid is at the end april contradicts her earlier actions making the entire point moot and confusing.

one reason why the episode Leonardo Cuts Loose of 87 is so annoying. characters contradict themselves and forget what they said a few seconds earlier, like they aren't paying attention.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:35 AM   #26
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

I still watch the series (the first season in particular) on a regular basis because I wanted my fan comic "the Full 80%" to feel as authentic as possible.

So the canon of my comic is pretty much the canon of the series after the Kavaxxas series. I always felt that the Kraang were criminally underused in the series and when I read about the idea that Ciro had for a full movie called "Return of the Kraang" I went with that.

What I do when introducing people to the 2012 series is to play "Lone rat and cubs" to them before unleashing the first season because "Lone rat" is an excellent way to show what the series is all about, it's by far the best episode of the entire series.

So yeah, I still love the series and watch it on a regular basis even if the animation is a little iffy at times.
Old 07-06-2021, 01:52 AM   #27
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

I always thought Lone Rat and Cubs worked really well as a nice denouement episode, to follow the Kavaxas arc. A nice, low-key adventure that brings the whole show full circle. In that regard, it also works really well following the Mutant Apocalypse arc, if you want to take it as canonical. Either way, I think it works really well when watched as the final episode.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:08 AM   #28
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
The canonicity of things is a bit nebulous when dealing with a franchise made by different people over different times. Whose to say whose word really "counts"? If Peter Laird spoke on the canonicity of the newer shows, we'd ignore him even though he's the original creator, as it were. Likewise, I can't speak for those here, but a large number of people, myself included, will ignore the Star Wars sequel trilogy because of how it undermines the rest of the story and sucks in general. Disney, the current owner and creator of Star Wars, considers it canon, George Lucas doesn't, but he doesn't own it anymore. Whose word matters more? In some ways, I almost think it can be better to focus on what's good rather than what counts, but that can lead to it's own set of problems. Ciero considers it canon. Nickelodeon officially does not. Whose word counts? It really depends on your perspective. Mutant Apocalypse is a fine set of episodes by themselves, technically competent from a writing and foundational perspective. But as an ending to the show? It undermines the story by making everything the turtles did completely pointless. Nothing they did mattered. They just delayed the inevitable. I think that sucks. Ultimately it doesn't matter. 2012 is just another show that I'll say "Yeah, it was really good, but it kinda has a sucky ending."
What? the canonicity is not nebulous, it's an actual episode of the series and never is it implied that it didn't happen in the show, on the contrary it's an epilogue. Whether you like that as an epilogue or not is another thing, it's like when Batman Beyond started and people didn't like it being Batman's future since everything was wrong and many people online would say it was "an alternate future" or possible event, with no evidence whatsoever, it wasn't until much later when the show proved to be great and even had crossovers with their past selves that people stopped spouting nonsense.

I hate the Star Wars sequels as much as anyone, in fact even before most people did, I hated Ep.7 since it came out. That doesn't mean it's not canon, it definitely is and Disney decides that, not George Lucas; Who by the way has never said it wasn't noncanon either, which wouldn't matter either since he doesn't own star wars.

Now when the creator says something that is not in the actual show it's usually called word of god, it's what the creator says he wanted but isn't in the actual canon show (which sometimes they make up stuff the longer it's been since the show created). I think taking word of god with a grain of salt is the best take, sometimes they go crazy with what the IP owners would ever approve so it really depends, so i dont' care what Ciro necessarily thinks but in this case we do see it was part of the show and Nickelodeon has never explicitly stated it is not canon. You might not like it as an epilogue, I also prefer a happy ending to the turtles but it's as canon as it can get.
Old 07-06-2021, 01:18 PM   #29
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
What? the canonicity is not nebulous, it's an actual episode of the series and never is it implied that it didn't happen in the show, on the contrary it's an epilogue. Whether you like that as an epilogue or not is another thing, it's like when Batman Beyond started and people didn't like it being Batman's future since everything was wrong and many people online would say it was "an alternate future" or possible event, with no evidence whatsoever, it wasn't until much later when the show proved to be great and even had crossovers with their past selves that people stopped spouting nonsense.

I hate the Star Wars sequels as much as anyone, in fact even before most people did, I hated Ep.7 since it came out. That doesn't mean it's not canon, it definitely is and Disney decides that, not George Lucas; Who by the way has never said it wasn't noncanon either, which wouldn't matter either since he doesn't own star wars.

Now when the creator says something that is not in the actual show it's usually called word of god, it's what the creator says he wanted but isn't in the actual canon show (which sometimes they make up stuff the longer it's been since the show created). I think taking word of god with a grain of salt is the best take, sometimes they go crazy with what the IP owners would ever approve so it really depends, so i dont' care what Ciro necessarily thinks but in this case we do see it was part of the show and Nickelodeon has never explicitly stated it is not canon. You might not like it as an epilogue, I also prefer a happy ending to the turtles but it's as canon as it can get.
It's interesting that you use Batman Beyond as your example. There aren't actually any crossovers within the show itself, and in the early years, it wasn't treated as the definite future, but a possible future. It wasn't until Justice League and Static Shock crossed over with it that it was codified as the definite future. Until that point, not even the showrunners of the DCAU considered it definitive.

As to your other points thought, Mutant Apocalypse actually has been rendered noncanon officially by Nickelodeon. From the Wikipedia page:

"The Wasteland Warrior, "The Impossible Desert", and "Carmageddon!" are typically presented as a television movie, "Raphael: Mutant Apocalypse". Although these episodes were not the last to air, and not officially considered canon by Nickelodeon, they were the last episodes produced.[6] In an interview, executive producer Ciro Nieli revealed that he intended for these episodes to be the series finale in order to prevent any alteration of the timeline that he and the rest of the crew had built,[7] despite the episodes' contradictions to previously established canon (most notably Renet's description of the future from the Season 3 episode "Turtles in Time"). However, Nickelodeon chose to air those episodes on Nicktoons in the middle of the season, and declared "Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady" the finale instead.[8] On threads from the official TMNT twitter, the company indicated that "Raphael: Mutant Apocalypse" is non-canon,[9][10] and a press release for the DVD refers to the special as "another dimension".[11]

Here is all of the text from the tweets in question:

TMNT
@TMNT· Sep 22, 2017
Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady is the finale. Airs on Nickelodeon on 11/12.

TMNT
@TMNT· Sep 25, 2017
Replying to @Spidey4Evs and @pacodelbarrio12
Right on. "Tales of the TMNT" is stories from the past, future, and beyond.

TMNT
@TMNT· Sep 22, 2017
Replying to @ShinobiPizza and @NickAnimation
A "Tale" from the beyond!

Lucy Rogers
@asfaloth_12· Sep 30, 2018
Replying to @TMNT
Anything can happen in an AU
TMNT
@TMNT· Oct 1, 2018
Alternate possibilities

FrodoFan1986
@frodofan1986· Jan 30, 2018 @auman_brandon
Is there any validity to people saying "Mutant Apocalypse" can be interpreted as an AU? I'm asking on behalf of someone with severe depression who swore off the show entirely after seeing that, because it upset her so much.
Brandon Auman
@auman_brandon· Jan 31, 2018
It could be seen as AU, because it takes place in the future

Momin
@rignaceous· Jan 22, 2018
Replying to @auman_brandon
Wow you replied! That’s an interesting response, and the number one big question all TMNT 2012 fans have, is that did you want Mutant Apocalypse to be canon or be in an alternate universe?

Brandon Auman
@auman_brandon· Jan 22, 2018
That's for the audience to decide

But, perhaps the most damaning piece of evidence regarding it's noncanon status is from a press release from Nickelodeon advertising the final dvd collection of this series, where they explicity refer to the mutant arc as taking place in another dimension. From the press release:

"NEW YORK; November 1, 2017 - Leo, Raph, Donnie and Mikey put five years of training and fighting to the ultimate test as they embark on their final missions in the new Nickelodeon DVD Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Final Chapters, available December 12. In this final collection of episodes, the half-shelled heroes must band together once and for all, in order to be the heroes they were destined to be. Whether they are battling mutants in another dimension, teaming up with a rabbit samurai to defeat an evil sorcerer, or clashing with classic movie monsters to protect New York City, the Turtles will have to use all of their ninja-knowledge to defeat their enemies!"

Per your own statement, this would render the arc noncanon, as Nickelodeon and Viacom own TMNT right now. This is what I meant by saying that it is nebulous. Whose word should count more, the showrunner who made the show, or the studio that owns it? It's easier in works made by a single author. Stan Sakai is the only person to ever write and create Usagi Yojimbo. Whatever he says about any details about the story would be taken as true. If IDW, the current publisher, tried to say that the earlier Fantagraphics stories were noncanon, they would be ignored. George Lucas no longer owns Star Wars, but Disney's Star Wars sucks. Whose word matters more? According to you, whoever owns it gets to be right, but ownership could change, and if someone else buys it, they could wipe out all the canon if they wanted. Canon in franchises almost has a Schrodinger's cat thing going on, as it could at any point be retconned into never being canon and them right back. Whose word matters more? But regardless, Nickelodeon has explicity referred to it as noncanon, and they own it, which means that, at least by your standards, Mutant Apocalypse is noncanon.

Last edited by Zog The Magnificent; 07-06-2021 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-11-2021, 03:29 PM   #30
Vegita-San
Emperor

got through most of season 3.

some episodes where not as bad as I remembered and actually had a few redeeming things about them. Eyes of the Chimera. Vision Quest. In Dreams.

The rest, where as bad, or worse. a Foot To Big, Within the Woods, the Croaking, Casey Jones Vrs The Underworld.... The latter being how he single handedly beats everyone, even for a few seconds, without even a sweat into mary sue territory.

The Good, Clash of the Mutanimals, Battle for new York. Serpent Hunt, Pig and the Rhino...Turtles in Time/Tale of the Yokai... havbn't gotten to the last few.

I'd say about 9 bad episodes in season 3 that never need re watching again. the rest ok.

Old 07-12-2021, 02:40 AM   #31
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
got through most of season 3.

some episodes where not as bad as I remembered and actually had a few redeeming things about them. Eyes of the Chimera. Vision Quest. In Dreams.

The rest, where as bad, or worse. a Foot To Big, Within the Woods, the Croaking, Casey Jones Vrs The Underworld.... The latter being how he single handedly beats everyone, even for a few seconds, without even a sweat into mary sue territory.

The Good, Clash of the Mutanimals, Battle for new York. Serpent Hunt, Pig and the Rhino...Turtles in Time/Tale of the Yokai... havbn't gotten to the last few.

I'd say about 9 bad episodes in season 3 that never need re watching again. the rest ok.
I remember being really annoyed with the first part of season 3 the first time around. This was before I had read the Mirage comics, so the long arc away from the plot, combined with the month long breaks in the middle, made for a tedious time. But then after I read Mirage, and rewatched the show, I found I could appreciated the purpose of the Northampton arc. The extended breather period was what it was supposed to be, and honestly it did it better than the 2003 show, which only had 2 episodes dedicated to it. I think the only things I remember distincly not liking from this season were this show's interpretation of Hun, the inconsistency with Muckman's hero status reletive to the turtles, and Casey's "This is awesome!" line right at the end of the finale after the world just got destroyed. Really kind of killed the mood.
Old 07-12-2021, 09:34 AM   #32
ABrown
Banned

I've occasionally rewatched an episode here or there on Pluto. I don't think that I'll ever reach a point where I'll want to rewatch the show in its entirety. I think Hulu still has the entire series though, correct?
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:43 AM   #33
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
I remember being really annoyed with the first part of season 3 the first time around. This was before I had read the Mirage comics, so the long arc away from the plot, combined with the month long breaks in the middle, made for a tedious time. But then after I read Mirage, and rewatched the show, I found I could appreciated the purpose of the Northampton arc. The extended breather period was what it was supposed to be, and honestly it did it better than the 2003 show, which only had 2 episodes dedicated to it. I think the only things I remember distincly not liking from this season were this show's interpretation of Hun, the inconsistency with Muckman's hero status reletive to the turtles, and Casey's "This is awesome!" line right at the end of the finale after the world just got destroyed. Really kind of killed the mood.
the thing that bugged me is that these are supposed to be 'down time' episodes. but there was just as much action in these as the main plot. and most where horror movie rip offs that made little or no sense. it felt like a totally different show runner was in charge. compared to the more grounded return to new york section.

I think Casey's line was supposed to try and lighten the mood a little after what just happened, but like mikey's line after leatherhead 'dies' in 2003 when the layer collapses on him, it feels really weird and defeats the purpose.....

It just feels like someone was trying to keep this show grounded....and someone else was trying to take it in a different direction. feels like a case of two different people in charge this season and that's why it's a real mess.

for example, clash of the mutanimals. Why does shredder sit in a lowered pit of fire for no reason during that battle? something weird in an other wise ok episode. there could have been other better reasons to show ways he didn't get crushed by that statue at the end.

Dr.Cluckenstein is another weird addition that gets totally forgotten about once they move on.

At least in 2003, they DID have some down time. turtles recovering from their injuries with the battle. camping trips. felt alot more fun and natural.

here, we get a society of frogs in a giant tree that NO ONE seems to notice. a city that gets invaded and goes totally dark/quiet and the entire world things everything is ok......I mean...come on.

Old 07-12-2021, 10:01 AM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I've occasionally rewatched an episode here or there on Pluto. I don't think that I'll ever reach a point where I'll want to rewatch the show in its entirety. I think Hulu still has the entire series though, correct?
It should still be streamed in multiple places. Watching the show in order is much more rewarding than just a random ep
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 10:21 AM   #35
Leo656
The Franchise

Not if you dislike most of it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:29 AM   #36
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I still never watched past season 2 of this show. It just couldn't keep my interest. Good to know it gets better later on. Maybe I'll skip to the end.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:30 AM   #37
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
It's interesting that you use Batman Beyond as your example. There aren't actually any crossovers within the show itself, and in the early years, it wasn't treated as the definite future, but a possible future. It wasn't until Justice League and Static Shock crossed over with it that it was codified as the definite future. Until that point, not even the showrunners of the DCAU considered it definitive.

As to your other points thought, Mutant Apocalypse actually has been rendered noncanon officially by Nickelodeon. From the Wikipedia page:

"The Wasteland Warrior, "The Impossible Desert", and "Carmageddon!" are typically presented as a television movie, "Raphael: Mutant Apocalypse". Although these episodes were not the last to air, and not officially considered canon by Nickelodeon, they were the last episodes produced.[6] In an interview, executive producer Ciro Nieli revealed that he intended for these episodes to be the series finale in order to prevent any alteration of the timeline that he and the rest of the crew had built,[7] despite the episodes' contradictions to previously established canon (most notably Renet's description of the future from the Season 3 episode "Turtles in Time"). However, Nickelodeon chose to air those episodes on Nicktoons in the middle of the season, and declared "Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady" the finale instead.[8] On threads from the official TMNT twitter, the company indicated that "Raphael: Mutant Apocalypse" is non-canon,[9][10] and a press release for the DVD refers to the special as "another dimension".[11]

TMNT
@TMNT· Sep 22, 2017

TMNT
@TMNT· Sep 25, 2017

TMNT
@TMNT· Sep 22, 2017

Lucy Rogers
Replying to @TMNT
TMNT
@TMNT· Oct 1, 2018
Alternate possibilities

FrodoFan1986
Is there any validity to people saying "Mutant Apocalypse" can be interpreted as an AU? I'm asking on behalf of someone with severe depression who swore off the show entirely after seeing that, because it upset her so much.
Brandon Auman

Momin
Wow you replied! That’s an interesting response, and the number one big question all TMNT 2012 fans have, is that did you want Mutant Apocalypse to be canon or be in an alternate universe?

Brandon Auman

But, perhaps the most damaning piece of evidence regarding it's noncanon status is from a press release from Nickelodeon advertising the final dvd collection of this series, where they explicity refer to the mutant arc as taking place in another dimension. From the press release:

"NEW YORK; November 1, 2017 - Leo, Raph, Donnie and Mikey put five years of training and fighting to the ultimate test as they embark on their final missions in the new Nickelodeon DVD Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Final Chapters, available December 12. In this final collection of episodes, the half-shelled heroes must band together once and for all, in order to be the heroes they were destined to be. Whether they are battling mutants in another dimension, teaming up with a rabbit samurai to defeat an evil sorcerer, or clashing with classic movie monsters to protect New York City, the Turtles will have to use all of their ninja-knowledge to defeat their enemies!"

Per your own statement, this would render the arc noncanon, as Nickelodeon and Viacom own TMNT right now. This is what I meant by saying that it is nebulous. Whose word should count more, the showrunner who made the show, or the studio that owns it? It's easier in works made by a single author. Stan Sakai is the only person to ever write and create Usagi Yojimbo. Whatever he says about any details about the story would be taken as true. If IDW, the current publisher, tried to say that the earlier Fantagraphics stories were noncanon, they would be ignored. George Lucas no longer owns Star Wars, but Disney's Star Wars sucks. Whose word matters more? According to you, whoever owns it gets to be right, but ownership could change, and if someone else buys it, they could wipe out all the canon if they wanted. Canon in franchises almost has a Schrodinger's cat thing going on, as it could at any point be retconned into never being canon and them right back. Whose word matters more? But regardless, Nickelodeon has explicity referred to it as noncanon, and they own it, which means that, at least by your standards, Mutant Apocalypse is noncanon.
that's some good mental gymnastics to make the headcanon replace screen canon canon through interpretation of vague tweets at best from word of god mostly done to not piss off aspies on social media. But at the end of the day, still canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
I still never watched past season 2 of this show. It just couldn't keep my interest. Good to know it gets better later on. Maybe I'll skip to the end.

Even if you hate the show, anyone can watch the Mutant Apocalypse arc by itself and understand it perfectly and love it. Start there, might get you curious to check the entire show out. It's just good and works as a standalone movie.
Old 07-13-2021, 08:53 AM   #38
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
that's some good mental gymnastics to make the headcanon replace screen canon canon through interpretation of vague tweets at best from word of god mostly done to not piss off aspies on social media. But at the end of the day, still canon.
There's no mental gymnastics about it. It's not headcanon. Nickelodeon deemed it noncanon. They referred to it as noncanon. It is officially listed on available sources of information as noncanon, which is just as well, as it contradicts the canon of the show. This is entirely consistent with your previous statements wherein you said whoever owns the property gets to determine canon. At this point, the only mental gymnastics are on your end, as in response to the sizable amount of evidence I've presented, you have essentially said "Nah, that doesn't count" and then not addressed any of the actual points I made.
Old 07-13-2021, 02:06 PM   #39
sdp
Megan Fox = April

What official information? Do you really want me to go full aspie and go point by point? I will. Granted I don't like the idea of the 2012 turtles having that future and the implications of it but it's a good story arc and canon, i can't change it.
Quote:
Batman Beyond was always canon, it was always fans who said it might not because they didn't like bruce being a jaded old man. Later crossovers proved them wrong.

Quote:

first of all quoting wikipedia with obvious fan slant, not even worthy of being included in the current page of wikipedia grasping at straws.

Quote:
TMNT
@TMNT· Sep 22, 2017
So? Something being the "finale" doesn't mean it's the actual last episode.

Quote:
TMNT
@TMNT· Sep 25, 2017
Where does it say it's non canon? It's a tale from the future.

Quote:
TMNT
@TMNT· Sep 22, 2017
Not that it matters what some wagie working the social media account says, the account might be official but not necessarily what he types there. Social media managers get stuff wrong all the time.

Quote:
Lucy Rogers
Replying to @TMNT
TMNT
@TMNT· Oct 1, 2018
Alternate possibilities
Again, this means nothing

Quote:
FrodoFan1986
Brandon Auman

Momin

Brandon Auman
First of all, that would be word of god and not necessarily screen canon. Second of all how would you reply to a fan who is basically saying they're going to commit sudoku because they're cartoon show for kids didn't end how they wanted it to end? AND even then he uses the word "could" which is a modal verb that expresses possibility at best and a vague statement of "for the audience to decide" AKA head canon. He sure didn't want to be in a news hit article of how a fan killed themselves because their headcanon is wrong.

Quote:

How is this damaging? Anyone can write those synopsis and they often include wrong information all the time, most fandoms don't consider that type of information as canon. And even then it doesn't state it's not canon.

Quote:
George Lucas no longer owns Star Wars, but Disney's Star Wars sucks. Whose word matters more? According to you, whoever owns it gets to be right, but ownership could change, and if someone else buys it, they could wipe out all the canon if they wanted.
Disney decides what canon is, all the EU is gone and anything Lucas wants is also non canon. Now I hate Disney star wars and just enjoy things whether canon or non-canon. but that doesn't mean the sequel trilogy didn't happen. it did and it sucks.
Old 07-13-2021, 02:50 PM   #40
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Do you really want me to go full aspie and go point by point? I will.

Dude, this is the funniest thing I've seen you post, OMG.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote