The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #61
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
David Wise seems....I dunna...snarky? Arrogant? Just as bitter as Peter Laird...
You might want to add Ciro to the list. Almost all creators/producers/writers are touchy when it comes to their shows. It's only natural.

Interview: "Have you seen such and such of the TMNT?

Ciro/Laird/Wise: "Yeah, but I couldn't get past a couple of episodes, NOW my show on the other hand..."

Now to be fair on David, he did admit that some episodes were bad that makes him humble at least.

Last edited by Luckyday; 08-19-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:11 AM   #62
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Im surprise you guys never asked him about the character Mona Lisa, The only female mutant to appear in one episode from the original series. I was curious on how that came about.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #63
Powder
So tired of this place

Considering she's a one-off character that he didn't create nor write the episode for, there's no point.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #64
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Considering she's a one-off character that he didn't create nor write the episode for, there's no point.
And she even has an action figure, So I wonder, Which came first?
Old 08-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #65
CyberCubed
Overlord

The guy with the raspy voice...why was he eating by the microphone? Seriously why would someone do this on a podcast?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #66
Powder
So tired of this place

I dunno but that guy was terrible in every way. Props to everyone else though.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #67
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I dunno but that guy was terrible in every way. Props to everyone else though.
I have a pretty good assumption as to who that guy is, but I'm not going to mention his username unless he comes out himself. But I agree with you. Especially those grunting sounds he was making at the end while David Wise was mentioning some horror movie where a girl got her eyes ripped out, and you hear someone opening a cheese wrapper or something and choking with these horrible sounds on the video.

LMAO.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:55 AM   #68
ToTheNines
[sic]

Started out great, but I couldn't get past Wise saying the 4kids show was the same exact thing as the OT and then acting all butthurt over "Booyakasha". Which he didn't even pronounce correctly.

And yes, I also have no idea why that 'cast member in question is always invited back.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:00 AM   #69
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Wow, I can't believe I'm coming out and admitting this. Yea, that was me eating Cheez Its. I wasn't feeling too good that night and I was very nervous to talk with Mr. Wise, so I thought a little snack during the podcast would calm me down. I thought for sure I had my microphone turned off, but I guess it wasn't working right. Besides that, I've been dealing with a lot of personal issues as of late, hence why I don't come around here anymore to deal with the likes of CyberCubed and the rest of you nutballs.

To be totally honest, I didn't even want to do the podcast, but Andrew insisted. For some crazy reason he still likes me despite our differences and all the dumb crap we put each other through. I dunno, maybe it's because we've helped each other a lot over the years. Whatever the reason, it's none of your damn concern! If you don't like the way I conduct myself, tough tomatoes!!!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #70
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Started out great, but I couldn't get past Wise saying the 4kids show was the same exact thing as the OT and then acting all butthurt over "Booyakasha". Which he didn't even pronounce correctly.
It seems like every head TMNT writer of a specific universe gets jealous or "butt-hurt" over things from other universes. David Wise actually reminded me a lot of Peter Laird, in that regard.

Still some things he said did surprise me, like actually preferring Mike's grappling hook to the nunchucks, or saying the early Mirage comics weren't that great and that the Turtles had no distinguishable personalities. He obviously read past Mirage #1, so the the personalities he came up with did begin in the comics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
To be totally honest, I didn't even want to do the podcast, but Andrew insisted. For some crazy reason he still likes me despite our differences and all the dumb crap we put each other through. I dunno, maybe it's because we've helped each other a lot over the years. Whatever the reason, it's none of your damn concern! If you don't like the way I conduct myself, tough tomatoes!!!
Nobody wants to hear grunting or chewing on a podcast. It seemed like everyone else understood this. You're being recorded so everyone is going to hear this again and again.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #71
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

And what was that at around 1:14:45?
I swear there's a woman's voice that comes on, with music behind her, saying, "You're about to pop my cherry! How do you feel about that?"

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #72
CyberCubed
Overlord

I also notice Andrew pretty much stayed quiet after David Wise said he didn't think the Mirage comics were that great. I guess after that he zoned out.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #73
Jephael

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nobody wants to hear grunting or chewing on a podcast. It seemed like everyone else understood this. You're being recorded so everyone is going to hear this again and again.
Oh, forgive me, Your Majesty. I wasn't aware I'd be performing for royalty, otherwise I would've worn my best suit and talked with a delightful Irish accent.

I didn't ask for a froggy voice or any of the other little imperfections I've had since birth, and I'll thank you not to put me down when you don't know a damn thing about me!

www.jephael.com
Old 08-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #74
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nobody is talking about that, just the stuff about eating or grunting on the microphone. Make sure the mute button is on at least next time.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #75
Jephael

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nobody is talking about that, just the stuff about eating or grunting on the microphone. Make sure the mute button is on at least next time.
Fine, next time I'll double check and make sure. Honestly, you make too big a deal out of this crap and it's pathetic! Atleast we're putting ourselves out there and revealing our true identities. Nobody even knows who you are. You're just a nameless twerp who hides behind what I would consider a clever nickname under different circumstances.

www.jephael.com
Old 08-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #76
CyberCubed
Overlord

Considering everyone in this thread has commented on it, I don't think I'm the only one. It just sounds really weird during a online recorded interview to hear crunching, grunting, or things being opened in the middle of something.

All that stuff gets recorded.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #77
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Fine, next time I'll double check and make sure. Honestly, you make too big a deal out of this crap and it's pathetic! Atleast we're putting ourselves out there and revealing our true identities. Nobody even knows who you are. You're just a nameless twerp who hides behind what I would consider a clever nickname under different circumstances.
I can understand where he is coming from. On Radio stations to listen to someone eating or various things in the background, sort of distracts the audience. As for your voice in general, i've watched people on youtube with very hard to understand voices. You don't really come close to that.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #78
Jephael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
I can understand where he is coming from. On Radio stations to listen to someone eating or various things in the background, sort of distracts the audience. As for your voice in general, i've watched people on youtube with very hard to understand voices. You don't really come close to that.
Please bare in mind that I wasn't feeling too well that night. I've been dealing with a lot of personal stuff as of late and it was actually my first night back home after a very long vacation. I kinda just wanted to go to bed, but Andrew insisted I be there and I didn't wanna let my good buddy down, especially after what he did for me at San Diego Comic Con!

www.jephael.com
Old 08-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #79
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Please bare in mind that I wasn't feeling too well that night. I've been dealing with a lot of personal stuff as of late and it was actually my first night back home after a very long vacation. I kinda just wanted to go to bed, but Andrew insisted I be there and I didn't wanna let my good buddy down, especially after what he did for me at San Diego Comic Con!
Now I'm curious what he did for you. Don't sweat it Jeph, just mind the mute button next time. Noone said you guys were professionals anyways. I really would love to be on one of these... how do you guys set these up, or what site do you all go to?

Man, if I was there, I would have asked Wise what he thought of the Battletoads cartoon, lmao. Too bad it never made it past the pilot.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #80
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Hey its cool man, I can realate these past two weeks easily topped the worst day of my life.