The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-17-2018, 08:52 AM   #1
Vegita-San
Emperor

The Dating Thread

Wanted to continue this elsewhere without derailing the other thread...

>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I have to chime in on the relationship bit here. I know some feel they are a waste, and better off without, but my own personal feeling/experience is that I have NEVER regretted mine, am far happier in mine than I ever was before we were together, and we have had, in over 21 years together, a total of FIVE "big fights". A few minor tiffs, but most were just little bickering arguments that blew over in minutes. Differences of opinion mostly. But even with all the problems we've had- mostly health-related, and a few financial issues- we've never "fallen out of love", and are as close and happy together now as we were in the beginning. Closer, even, given that we both know the other is there for each other no matter what. That's what REAL love is all about, and how it should be.

As for the rest, I fully believe that happiness is a personal thing, no you shouldn't "rely" on another for it, but if you find "the right one" to share it WITH, happiness is multiplied. Happiness is about what you want out of life and whether you have that and who you choose to share it with (if anyone), not what you HAVE, or how successful you are. Kids, even, are not a measure of happiness, unless that's what you really want. I am glad I had one, and for where/how she is now, but I would not go through that again, and had never intended to in the first place, but I am still happy, that she is here, and that she is a part of us that will live on.
>>>>

Pretty much this is my current situation.

I've only been on three what I would call 'official' dates. but there have been less official parties and events that where more casual.. all have been in high school. and back when I Was thinner and slightly better looking. but no less more confident.

My luck in life is so bad, I sometimes feel like I Was cursed in a past life. If I want to achieve something, it usually doesn't work out.

now, out of high school for a long time, I'm still short, but fatter....and a lot less social confidence to think anyone would be interested. Especially considering the standard definition of husband for women on my facebook feed seems to be about a foot taller than the girl and a 40 day beard. even for the shorter women heh.

I've also all but given up hope. the last time I thought someone might be interested, I asked for her email..and the look of shock and horror I got the next day after asking her out to coffee one day was all the confirmation to know I mis judged again.

and to make matters worse, at this age, anyone i probably would be into is probably married or dating already anyway. I'd have to find a nurse or a career woman who's to busy for dating at this point...

So, that's my sad story in a nut shell.

other than that, more or less as happy as one can be, and healthy as one can be at this age. just want to give another side of life a try to see if It's as worthwhile as everyone says and I hope it is. nothing worse than dying alone and forgotten

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:16 PM   #2
Roseangelo
Emperor

I have only ever seen you make derogatory and degrading comments about women. Might want to look inside yourself if you want to change your situation.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:26 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I loathe dating. It's just so awkward, both people generally putting forward some kind of "best possible version" of themself. Better to fast forward to the relationship.

Which, I gotta say... people always say, "It takes a lot of work to be in a relationship!" And it does, to a certain extent. But if you're in a relationship where you are constantly having to "work" in some overly strenuous way to maintain it, you're probably with the wrong person.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:06 PM   #4
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Heh, I know the feeling. I'm happy living alone but at times miss the companionship or 'partner in crime' of it all. But yeah, I wish I could fast forward through the awkward dating phase and just get to the part where I can cuddle with someone watching a WWE PPV as we share a tub of ice cream.

I'm at the point of my life where I'm kind of better off being alone or hanging with friends without the burden of relationships. I'm also getting to a point where I can get all ny finances in order, so I don't have random extra money to blow on dates, ya know?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 03:06 PM   #5
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post

My luck in life is so bad, I sometimes feel like I Was cursed in a past life. If I want to achieve something, it usually doesn't work out.
I got that beat. I grew up in a town that was literally cursed by Gypsies. No foolin'.

As far as advice, I got nothin'.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 03:27 PM   #6
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I have only ever seen you make derogatory and degrading comments about women. Might want to look inside yourself if you want to change your situation.
This, all of this.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:03 PM   #7
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Heh, I know the feeling. I'm happy living alone but at times miss the companionship or 'partner in crime' of it all. But yeah, I wish I could fast forward through the awkward dating phase and just get to the part where I can cuddle with someone watching a WWE PPV as we share a tub of ice cream.
Agreed, minus the WWE stuff ;o)

But that's what the dating phase is for. you have to see how much of your off putting the other person can put up with, and how they respond to it.

heh, was watching a giants game over the weekend. cute blonde in the audience on camera. sitting in the stands, giants are loosing, it's a literal monsoon, and everyone else around her is miserable, but she's there smiling and laughing. THAT to me is marriage material ;o).

Old 12-17-2018, 05:02 PM   #8
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
And suddenly your avatar's reaction seems strangely apropos.... lol.

Edit: ok, that was weird. Powder had a post in between. I was responding to him.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:09 PM   #9
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
And suddenly your avatar's reaction seems strangely apropos.... lol.

Edit: ok, that was weird. Powder had a post in between. I was responding to him.
and one of my posts before that got deleted? Had ot double check to make sure i didn't post in the wrong thread...

Old 12-17-2018, 05:11 PM   #10
Leo656
The Franchise

Forum might be acting up. I've had a few times today where it wouldn't let me post something repeatedly, then finally did.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:20 PM   #11
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
It's the Phantom of the Technodrome!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:30 PM   #12
Leo656
The Franchise

.......Venom Snake?

Tags
love actually, whats wrong with me