The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-10-2014, 12:37 AM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Does anyone else here never wear jewelery?

I've never worn a ring of any kind (not married), never worn a necklace, never had an earing. Hell I don't even wear a watch because I use my phone to tell the time.

Does anyone else here never wear jewelery?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:17 AM   #2
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior

As of right now, I can say I've never worn jewelry. Though I've been considering (for a long time) to start wearing necklaces, just for the sake of it. I also thought about getting my ears pierced at some point...but quickly realized that was a bad idea.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:22 AM   #3
Mzx10484
WEM Super Starfinder 200

NEVER !! I Have worn a watch when I was I child for about 2 weeks ... then I lost / forgot it somewhere in the swimming bath. That's it. Never.
Mzx10484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:51 AM   #4
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I don't wear watches, but I occasionally wear jewelry. Got an awesome necklace made from a d20 die.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:05 AM   #5
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I don't. I used to wear a watch, but I haven't done so in years.

Although I have been known to wear a phantom ring, but only to slam evil.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:17 AM   #6
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Old 11-10-2014, 06:42 AM   #7
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I used to wear earrings when I had my ears pierced, but I haven't worn them in a long time. Most of the time I don't wear any jewelery because I just don't like wearing it.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:09 AM   #8
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I used to wear a watch, but then I suddenly didn't anymore.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:21 AM   #9
Walkabout
Stone Warrior

I've never been comfortable wearing necklaces, rings etc- never had a pierced ear or anything else for that matter either.
It's just not me.

I never wore a watch either until my late Grandfather gave me his.

R.I.P. Dave Brockie A.K.A. Oderus Urungus
None But The Brave
Walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:42 PM   #10
Davetello
Banned

In my younger days, I used to wear a lot of silver (don't really like gold). Silver chains, bracelets, hooped and studded earrings, silver rings, seashell necklaces. I really love dog tags as well. But over the last few years I have sort of stopped. I sometimes wear my thick silver chain but that's it. I do like jewellery though, I must admit. I was actually thinking about asking for a ring or two for Xmas.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #11
Icebot
Foot Elite

I wear a watch but that's about it.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #12
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpowder View Post
As of right now, I can say I've never worn jewelry. Though I've been considering (for a long time) to start wearing necklaces, just for the sake of it. I also thought about getting my ears pierced at some point...but quickly realized that was a bad idea.
Why do you say that? As long as you got a smaller-gauge piercing, it'd close up again with no problems if you wanted to take it out.

I consistently wear jewelry, though I don't usually like wearing things on my wrists unless they're non-metal. I mean, I've always got my piercing jewelry in (and always have back-up o-rings and spare bars in my wallet in case I ever lose a ball or something while I'm out and about), and I wear a lot of necklaces unless I'm having a day where I'm deliberately trying to look more androgynous.

I don't wear anything really expensive, except for the rings my partner gave me - but I wear those on a chain around my neck rather than on my fingers.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:09 PM   #13
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I wear a watch when I dress up for an occasion such as a wedding or a formal event. A girlfriend once bought me a gold chain, which I wore once or twice. Jewelry isn't really my thing. Never had anything pierced.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #14
Peanut
Second Gear

I had an earring for a few years, but stopped wearing it and it grew over. I had an eyebrow ring in high school for less than a week and it got torn out in a fight, still have the scar. I also wore rings off and on in high school when I was dating, because there was a fad where couples would share a ring and swap it between classes or whatever. Dumb teenage sh*t, mostly.

Aside from those, my immediate thought was that I don't, but I've actually been wearing a chain for almost 10 years. My fiance gave it to me on our first anniversary and I've never taken it off. It's weird, because I've worn it for so many years that I don't even think about it anymore. It's just a part of me.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #15
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Same here, with the chain. My dad gave me a quartz crystal when I was around 7 or 8 and I've worn one ever since -- my original crystal broke some years later, but he gave me a replacement that I've grown really attached to. Everyone in my family wears one, but Dad and I are the only two that never take ours off.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #16
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Same here, with the chain. My dad gave me a quartz crystal when I was around 7 or 8 and I've worn one ever since -- my original crystal broke some years later, but he gave me a replacement that I've grown really attached to. Everyone in my family wears one, but Dad and I are the only two that never take ours off.
I think people get really attached to the jewelry pieces that they don't take off; I don't usually like having my wolf pendant off for any reason (on the occasions that I do take it off, where I'm doing stuff where it might get broken, I make sure it's within arms' length of me still).

I feel like it's got so much of my... well, energy/aura in a sense? It's such a personal thing. Not in a hippy-dippy kind of way (although that's probably how it's sounding... I dunno, maybe it is), but you know how in the old countries, they had the superstition about burning hair and toenail clippings so nobody could use it to put the evil on you?

Maybe it's just me.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:34 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't get it, chains don't wash off when you wear them into the shower? I always imagined the water would loosen them off your body and it would fall down the drain.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #18
Prowler
Emperor

I don't either. Not even a watch, since I see no point in getting one when I can just check the time on my phone.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #19
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Just a watch for me.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:04 PM   #20
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't get it, chains don't wash off when you wear them into the shower? I always imagined the water would loosen them off your body and it would fall down the drain.
What the f*ck?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote