The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-15-2017, 01:59 PM   #361
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Ick music video was surprisingly fun. The part with all the villains dancing together was hilarious. Seeing Super Shredder, Rahzar, Tiger Claw, Fishface, Bebop/Rocksteady, Pizzaface, Kavaxas, April derp, etc. all dancing side by side was amazing.

Even the part of April kissing Don was just short and sweet and not the big deal people were making it out to be. Also loved the lesbian scene between Karai/Shinigami.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:20 PM   #362
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Also loved the lesbian scene between Karai/Shinigami.
What lesbian scene? There was none.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:21 PM   #363
CyberCubed
Overlord

The pic you've seen, where they clasp their hands together and smile suggestively at the camera. My "gaydar" went off.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:23 PM   #364
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Didn't seem suggestive to me. Oh well, guess shippers are gonna ship....
Old 09-15-2017, 02:27 PM   #365
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's too bad this did not happen:

Spoiler:
Old 09-15-2017, 02:28 PM   #366
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Hey, we still haven't seen the finale. Maybe your wish has yet to come true, although they'll both be grannies.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:28 PM   #367
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Hey, we still haven't seen the finale. Maybe your wish has yet to come true.
Yes, but if they appear they would be old 80 year old grannies. I'm not interested in that.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:43 AM   #368
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Well, at least you have SOME limits.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:27 PM   #369
Vicky82
Emperor

Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady DVD is going to be released in the UK on November 13th.

(Weird, there's info from 2007 movie in the product description)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Teenage-Mut...+ninja+turtles

Last edited by Vicky82; 09-20-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:50 PM   #370
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Phelous reviewed it:

Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:50 PM   #371
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
Phelous reviewed it:

Yeah, yeah...

"Blablablabla, the shallowest cherrypicked praise to the 2012 show so I can safely relegate most criticism towards this special itself, blablablablabla, they went overboard with making fun of the 1987 TMNT, blablablablabla, I wish the 1987 TMNT were taken more seriously here despite 85% of their own show being sitcom, (I really need to feel secure in my nostalgic attachment to a cartoon meant to sell toys at a shoestring budget)..."

A fairly predictable opinion based on his previous reviews. I find some things he says here, besides the blatant "take muh childhood advertisement seriously!" plea, to be rather odd. Like his example for why Casey is unlikable, the scene is clearly meant to be comedic and he still acts as if it shouldn't be played off as a joke. For a critic, he doesn't seem to have even the most basic understanding of what he's reviewing, which is somewhat alarming when the material is intended for small children.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:43 PM   #372
Powder
So tired of this place

Everything he said is right.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:12 PM   #373
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Everything he said is right.
Well it's not exactly incorrect, it's just that I think his interpretation is odd.

It's the same thing with Pedro, I just don't get why 35+ year old men feel this old gag cartoon should be taken seriously. The show was a cheap toy commercial for 5 year olds, disguised as a comedy through subpar adlibbing and absurd scenarios. Just accept that it's not worth taking seriously, simply because a handful of episodes were semi-serious. Why is this so hard to accept?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:33 PM   #374
sdp
-

The OT turtles never acted like they do in Turtles Forever or on this second crossover. What's so hard to understand? All your criticisms about the show being poorly done can be said about the 2012 show as well.

If the OT is such a parody why did 2012 try so hard to bring back all of its ideas instead of the more interesting Mirage tone? Why did it have so many references and crossovers with the OT?

I'm not a fan of entitled neckbeards but your comments are just wrong.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:40 PM   #375
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Well it's not exactly incorrect, it's just that I think his interpretation is odd.

It's the same thing with Pedro, I just don't get why 35+ year old men feel this old gag cartoon should be taken seriously. The show was a cheap toy commercial for 5 year olds, disguised as a comedy through subpar adlibbing and absurd scenarios. Just accept that it's not worth taking seriously, simply because a handful of episodes were semi-serious. Why is this so hard to accept?
You're veering off into an entirely different conversation now... Obviously you & I have a lot of the same criticisms of the Fred Wolf cartoon, but the difference between us is that I remain a fan of it, & you let your dislike for the fans who refuse to concede its flaws turn into a constant need to paint a very unflattering image of that universe.

I mean, c'mon, Phelous literally provides animated examples of Michelangelo repelling projectiles, the turtles using their weapons, Leonardo having 1-to-1 sword fights, etc. as proof that many of the jokes this feature made were unfairly biased or at the very least untrue/remembered incorrectly. You cannot refute these things. It's not about pretending the old cartoon is better or on a whole more serious than it was, but accurately portraying the turtles themselves. For as idiotic as many of the old plots & characters were, the turtles took their training, villains, & crime fighting seriously. They had fun while they did it, as best they could, but generally understood the stakes. Just because the OT was incredibly flawed & has some very entitled worshippers doesn't mean it should be wrongly depicted as punishment.

The larger point that Phelous is making, which is the same sentiment I shared when these episodes came out, is that Wanted completely contradicts how they (the Nick team) previously established the FW turtles to be. In their first cameo they were treated fairly, shown to be relatively competent, knew they were in trouble, etc. whereas in this three-parter they're super goofy, absolutely suck at fighting, can't focus, & the lessons both teams learned last time were effectively retconned. I didn't mind them being portrayed like this (you know, somewhat parody-like) in Turtles Forever because they set them up to be that way from the beginning of the film & stuck with it. This series, however, already showed us they weren't all that much different than their 2012 counterparts when they first crossed over. It's more about being consistent than anything else.

There is a distinguishable difference of tone between Nick's two FW crossovers, to me. Wanted comes off like they resented having to do a sequel & took it out on the '87 turtles.

Additionally, I don't think Phelous wanting to have an episode that took the FW cast seriously means he himself feels they were serious in the first place. He was trying to say it would have been interesting to actually make them fight harder than ever before, take greater risks than in their own universe, face actual consequences, etc. & I think that's something you yourself would have appreciated, no? Wouldn't everyone like that more than just "Remember this?!" jokes & gentle ribbing? Shrug.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:22 AM   #376
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I agree, we already crossed 'the 80s tmnt should take fighting more seriously' road in the first crossover, so we should have skipped all that and continued where the last crossover left off. At least one of the 2012 could have made a 'we've been through all before already' comment and turn it into a status quo joke, since continuity was loose back then.

Why reference Mikey's cool intro scene and make him **** it up?

Why make Leo get thrilled when he got to chop some Foot Soldiers up WHEN THEY'VE BEEN DOING THAT FOREVER?? Even some of my casual friends knew that when they watched it.

Phealous was right and showed OT examples to back it up. He wasn't just spouting random nostalgia, he was stating facts.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:52 PM   #377
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I enjoyed watching Phelous' review of the special.

I might not agree with all of his points and I don't think the 80s turtles were mistreated to the same extent as some people see it but I still found his review insightful, and he made some really good ideas about how cooler it would've been if we had 80s Splinter, or 80s Bebop and Rocksteady appear in the 3D world. I don't see how its immature in anyway as some tend to see Phelous for liking the 80s cartoon.

I'm also surprised by how much he managed to fit into his review, I was not expecting him to recap everything post TransDimensional Turtles in the first 9 minutes.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:18 PM   #378
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

I personally found Trans-Dimensional Turtles to be a rushed rehash of Turtles Forever but with pointless nonsensical retcons give or take a fun bit here and there and I VASTLY preferred Wanted as a crossover. It just feels like they did a lot more with it rather than just going through the motions set by TF like TDT did, so it always shocks me to see so many more people complain about it compared to TDT. Just my opinion, though.

(The previous opinion has nothing to do with the Phelous video. The second I heard that his opinion of Turtles Forever was negative, I made a wise decision to neglect watching the review of it because I REALLY didn't feel like listening to thirty minutes of someone crapping all over something so lovingly made. Didn't help that whenever people brought up stuff they liked more about the 2k3 series compared to the '87 one on his YouTube, he took to Twitter and started a string of tweets dedicated sheerly to every negative aspect of it. I think the 2k3 series has enough of a hard time standing out amongst the beloved 80's and recent hit Nick shows to deal with a high-profile Youtuber telling everyone to hate it.)
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop_and_cucksteady, cuck everlasting, cybercubed loves lesbians, tigercuck