The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-11-2015, 08:41 PM   #61
JakeSully
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Nothing has been confirmed at all. If you read the article, James Tucker says they COULD do that, but it doesn't mean they will.
Maybe a sticker on the blu-ray with a parental advisery warning saying "Warning: This animated feature is intended for mature audiences only, not recommended for children".
JakeSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:43 PM   #62
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeSully View Post
Maybe a sticker on the blu-ray with a parental advisery warning saying "Warning: This animated feature is intended for mature audiences only, not recommended for children".
Why am I not surprised that you've completely ignored what I said?

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:54 PM   #63
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Maybe they will release two versions, a PG-13 version and then the Unrated version.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:52 AM   #64
JakeSully
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Maybe they will release two versions, a PG-13 version and then the Unrated version.

You mean like the Spawn animated show VHS tapes in the 90s which had both Unrated uncut and PG-13 versions?
Old 01-01-2016, 12:14 PM   #65
Coola Yagami
Overlord

PG-13 maybe... but not R. This was, at the end of the day, based on a kid's comic book. The violence isn't as extreme as you all think it is. Joker shoots Barbara and she falls onto the coffee table, smashing it to bits. Blood everywhere. They undress her and Joker takes pics. Big whoop. All that in what? First five minutes before the title pops up?

Most of the story was the Joker's origin (or not) and Batman's monologue about how his fights with the Joker are just going round and round in circles and wondering how it will end.

We do see Gordon naked and forced to wear subdom gear as he watches the walls lined with pics of Barbara, but again, seriously doubt the camera is gonna pan towards Gordon's junk, and seriously doubt the pics will show Barbara in all her naked (and bloody) glory. Just certain angles and stuff. Enough to suggest she's a naked bloody mess without actually showing the naked bloody mess. Just like the comic. How bout that?

You guys make it sound like the infamous Joker shoots Barbara scene is an orgy of blood and rape that will take over half the film when it's just the prologue. The real meat of the movie lies in Batman's thoughts on his history with the Joker, the Joker origin story, and the Joker's final speech in the end THAT THEY BETTER KEEP WORD FOR WORD GOD DAMN YOU DC ANIMATED MOVIES!!!

So stop trying to make it sound even gorier or bloodier than it really is, cause it's not.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:30 PM   #66
JakeSully
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
PG-13 maybe... but not R. This was, at the end of the day, based on a kid's comic book. The violence isn't as extreme as you all think it is. Joker shoots Barbara and she falls onto the coffee table, smashing it to bits. Blood everywhere. They undress her and Joker takes pics. Big whoop. All that in what? First five minutes before the title pops up?

Most of the story was the Joker's origin (or not) and Batman's monologue about how his fights with the Joker are just going round and round in circles and wondering how it will end.

We do see Gordon naked and forced to wear subdom gear as he watches the walls lined with pics of Barbara, but again, seriously doubt the camera is gonna pan towards Gordon's junk, and seriously doubt the pics will show Barbara in all her naked (and bloody) glory. Just certain angles and stuff. Enough to suggest she's a naked bloody mess without actually showing the naked bloody mess. Just like the comic. How bout that?

You guys make it sound like the infamous Joker shoots Barbara scene is an orgy of blood and rape that will take over half the film when it's just the prologue. The real meat of the movie lies in Batman's thoughts on his history with the Joker, the Joker origin story, and the Joker's final speech in the end THAT THEY BETTER KEEP WORD FOR WORD GOD DAMN YOU DC ANIMATED MOVIES!!!

So stop trying to make it sound even gorier or bloodier than it really is, cause it's not.
Kids comic? it was for mature readers. Not all comics are for kids, ever heard of Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns, Heavy Metal Magazine, Swamp Thing, The Sandman, Akira by Katsuhiro Otomo, Sin City, 300 etc.?

And do you think KJ is like comics's Clockwork Orange?
Old 01-03-2016, 12:56 AM   #67
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Kids comic? it was for mature readers. Not all comics are for kids, ever heard of Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns, Heavy Metal Magazine, Swamp Thing, The Sandman, Akira by Katsuhiro Otomo, Sin City, 300 etc.?

And do you think KJ is like comics's Clockwork Orange?
Aaaaaaand kids still read that too. Hell, I was a kid when I read the Killing Joke. It didn't scar me for life or made me drop it in horror. Who voted for Jason Todd to DIE? Mostly kids.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-03-2016, 02:26 AM   #68
JakeSully
Banned

Quote:
Aaaaaaand kids still read that too. Hell, I was a kid when I read the Killing Joke. It didn't scar me for life or made me drop it in horror. Who voted for Jason Todd to DIE? Mostly kids.
And would you let kids watch Watership Down, Wizards, Heavy Metal, Fire and Ice, Fritz the Cat, Ninja Scroll, Wicked City, Akira, South Park the movie, American Pop, Ghost in the Shell, Golgo 13 The Professional, Dark Knight Returns, Princess Mononoke etc.? or are those animated movies for adults?
Old 01-03-2016, 04:48 AM   #69
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Who voted for Jason Todd to DIE? Mostly kids.
Actually, turns out it was "mostly" (or at least in huge part) one adult male with an automatic dialing machine who had it set to dial the "Kill Jason" number like twice a minute. True story. They found that out way later on, like years and years later, but that one guy completely tipped the votes, otherwise Jason would have been voted to live.

Wacky, huh?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:48 AM   #70
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

By killing Jason Todd, that fan assured that Todd would actually become an even more prominent character in the comics years down the road.

I'd call it ironic, but Leo would beat me over the head with a folding chair.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:16 AM   #71
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Actually, turns out it was "mostly" (or at least in huge part) one adult male with an automatic dialing machine who had it set to dial the "Kill Jason" number like twice a minute. True story. They found that out way later on, like years and years later, but that one guy completely tipped the votes, otherwise Jason would have been voted to live.

Wacky, huh?
I knew this was going to come up. That guy is my hero. Dan Didio is the devil.

I read the death of the Mighty Mutanimals and some gritty elements in Archie's Adventures run that were clearly adult at a single digit age. So I from experience kids can handle more than adults think, but kids may not fully understand it.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:19 PM   #72
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
And would you let kids watch Watership Down, Wizards, Heavy Metal, Fire and Ice, Fritz the Cat, Ninja Scroll, Wicked City, Akira, South Park the movie, American Pop, Ghost in the Shell, Golgo 13 The Professional, Dark Knight Returns, Princess Mononoke etc.? or are those animated movies for adults?
Of course not. Though stuff like South Park and whatnot were seen by kids. Remember,much like Playboy mags, if it's something they want to see.... they WILL see it in one way or another, parents be damned.

Especially Batman. I saw the Suicide Squad movie tossed in the same place as kids cartoons, despite the Harley/Deadshot sex scene. Every time I see that I grab it and put it somewhere else.

And also, wow Leo. Didn't know that. That's actually an awesome tidbit. Though I assume most of the legit voters were still kids reading the book.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:16 PM   #73
Leo656
The Franchise

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/batman-...010503419.html

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:31 PM   #74
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Glad to finally hear an update.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:39 PM   #75
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Mark Hamill just posted this on twitter

Mark Hamill ‏@HamillHimself 5m5 minutes ago

THE "All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy...Just one bad day."

KILLING "Remember there's always madness... Madness is the emergency exit"

JOKE "If I have to have a past, then I prefer it to be multiple choice"

Its Official Hamill and Conroy are Joker and Batman and Tara Strong will be Batgirl/ Babs Gordon
http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...n-killing-joke

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 03-14-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #76
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Thank God for a new art style. I hated the animation in the last few movies.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:53 PM   #77
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Mark Hamill just posted this on twitter

Mark Hamill ‏@HamillHimself 5m5 minutes ago

THE "All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy...Just one bad day."

KILLING "Remember there's always madness... Madness is the emergency exit"

JOKE "If I have to have a past, then I prefer it to be multiple choice"

http://i63.tinypic.com/24pba88.jpg

Its Official Hamill and Conroy are Joker and Batman and Tara Strong will be Batgirl/ Babs Gordon
http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...n-killing-joke
Sweet!

Plus they even got Ray Wise for Commissioner Gordon too!

Old 03-14-2016, 05:43 PM   #78
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
Thank God for a new art style. I hated the animation in the last few movies.
I second that.

Is there a trailer?
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:44 PM   #79
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
I second that.

Is there a trailer?
Only an image at the moment.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:55 PM   #80
Commenter 42
Banned

I miss the look from the 80's. The animation could use some soothing out, but I love how it captures the feel of Jose Luis Lopez.

The limited animation from DC really doesn't do anything for me.

Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercubedthevirgin, eatmyasscubed