The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 05-17-2021, 12:45 AM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

James Franco in trouble, but now Seth Rogen, too

James Franco is old news (the women with their allegations), but now Seth Rogen has been making the rounds apologizing. Last word was he came out and said he's refusing to work with James Franco as a last ditch plea for forgiveness (even though it was pretty well assumed he wouldn't be anyway)... but that's apparently not good enough.

"Actress" Charlyne Yi says Rogen's original apology about ever having worked with Franco isn't enough, that she now has a list of things Rogen needs to do for sexual assault awareness before Rogen can be forgiven:

https://www.thecut.com/amp/2021/05/c...statement.html

They can't resist eating their own. And proof positive why you NEVER apologize to these people.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 05-17-2021 at 12:56 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:57 AM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
James Franco is old news (the women with their allegations), but now Seth Rogen has been making the rounds apologizing. Last word was he came out and said he's refusing to work with James Franco as a last ditch plea for forgiveness (even though it was pretty well assumed he wouldn't be anyway)... but that's apparently not good enough.

"Actress" Charlyne Yi says Rogen's original apology about ever having worked with Franco isn't enough, that she now has a list of things Rogen needs to do for sexual assault awareness before Rogen can be forgiven:

https://www.thecut.com/amp/2021/05/c...statement.html

They can't resist eating their own. And proof positive why you NEVER apologize to these people.
So he's guilty by association?
Old 05-17-2021, 08:24 AM   #3
Sumac
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Of course.

I mean, Left are the same people that believe that whole generation of people should be responsible for misdeeds of their ancestors.

And, of course, those ****heads think that, if you were associated with people they consider "bad" you are a "suspect" as well and most likely a bad person too. All in all those ****ers are no different than religious zealots.

I am more surprised that people are willing to bend down to the will of those ****** retards.

Like, you have seen that those idiots are never ever satisfied: even if you apologize - it is not enough. They still will ask for your blood.

Even if you found non-guilty, they still will consider you a bad person, because, "investigators are liars, something-something privilege, bad people protect each other" and **** like that.

I kid you not - there was a case, when some relatively popular actor who was a host of tome TV show was suspended after being "me too'd". Investigation showed that he was innocent and allegations were a lie. But our lefty friends, who stand up for "law and justice and facts" said: "nah, **** it, it is all lie, I will still treat him like he is guilty, because, I know better than investigators!".

Why will you bend a knee for those people?
Unless you have a deathwish for your carrier.

Lefties are like piranhas - in an attempt to prove themselves the most woke - they will gladly destroy each other and it doesn't matter how much money you've donated to charities, how many people you helped in real life. If worthless basement dwelling twats and rich white kids say you're guilty and should be destroyed, than should be it.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:42 AM   #4
IMJ
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
That's the liberal way, man.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:05 AM   #5
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

They will take that apology as an admission of guilt. Every time.
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:22 AM   #6
AquaParade
Big Boss

Imagine waking up to see your "apology checklist". We all make mistakes, but I'd wonder why that person is focusing on me instead of themselves. Maybe it's an impossible standard to live by, but sometimes I feel like we should all be focusing on ourselves 100% before trying to correct someone else. I understand that there is also a responsibility to look out for others, but this rubs me the wrong way.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:13 PM   #7
Sumac
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrederikWolferson View Post
They will take that apology as an admission of guilt. Every time.
I can't even wrap my mind what kind of mindset needed to think like that.

Wouldn't be it easier to admit that "once a bad person is bad forever" (which goes against Lefty ideology, but who cares anymore?) as opposed to pretend that apology is needed?
Old 05-17-2021, 12:18 PM   #8
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I can't even wrap my mind what kind of mindset needed to think like that.

Wouldn't be it easier to admit that "once a bad person is bad forever" (which goes against Lefty ideology, but who cares anymore?) as opposed to pretend that apology is needed?
You assume you are dealing with rational people. That is clearly not the case.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:09 PM   #9
IMJ
Foot Elite

People on the left have no true moral code. It's as simple as that. They will say anything to get what they want at the time, or they will emote any anger or impose any will that empowers them on a psychological level.

According to a modern liberal, if someone they hate does something they don't like, then that person should be forever punished, cancelled, whatever.
According to a modern liberal, if someone they are supporting is a criminal, then they should be given free reign, new chances, and surrounded with support and public programs.

It's all a lie-of-easiest-retort. They are disingenuous. Don't believe them. They've been given too much power and platform because the normal-operating part of society took a polite and respectful moment to give them an ear and give them time. Just stop.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:25 PM   #10
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Here is the thing- it's not that they have different views on things its that they see different thing. They live in a whole different reality.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:29 PM   #11
IMJ
Foot Elite

Quote:
Here is the thing- it's not that they have different views on things its that they see different thing. They live in a whole different reality.
Ya I'd say that there is a cross section of that population where your description there is fundamentally true. Fundamentally true by both the selfish-psychology as well as sociological-phenomena levels. It's the selfish-psychology levels that I regularly take issue with. But most of those people wouldn't understand even that. There is a point where you draw a line of understanding and simply get into a well of "these are terrible people". There's a point where the justification of behavior finally crosses the line into "you're too far gone, you're too lost in your own maze of nonsense, it's purely you".
Old 05-17-2021, 04:35 PM   #12
Leo656
The Franchise

People shouldn't cancel Seth Rogen because James Franco might be a womanizer, sexual harasser, whatever the accusation is.

People should cancel Seth Rogen because Seth Rogen isn't funny.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:51 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Rogen's politics are horrible (and also he says gems like "saying 'left' and 'right' like they are two arms of a whole isn't correct, the 'right' are actively killing people!" and how he's tried to convert some nameless fellow actors unsuccessfully and how disappointed he is in them) but I do enjoy almost everything he's done. "The Interview," "This is the End"... to me, these were hysterical.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:56 PM   #14
Leo656
The Franchise

Honestly didn't see those. I reserve the right to change my opinion at a later date if I see them and they Wow me.

Old 05-17-2021, 05:03 PM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Honestly didn't see those. I reserve the right to change my opinion at a later date if I see them and they Wow me.
They're not "stoner comedies" like maybe his "The Pineapple Express" and are extremely politically incorrect. There is actually a scene where they debate raping Emma Watson, in front of Emma Watson, for example. And I can pop in "The Interview" almost anytime and laugh out loud.

I was honestly surprised to hear his politics, and how hard he leaned that way. But by the same token hearing Mel Gibson go apesh** on his wife doesn't make me like Lethal Weapon any less, it doesn't make me dislike his stuff either.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:31 PM   #16
Leo656
The Franchise

I actually did come across the Emma Watson clip at one point, once upon a time. I thought that her side-eyeing them while swiping the booze was funnier than the actual dialog in that scene, but that's me.

Kind think that in real life Emma Watson is pretty aware of the fact that most guys would rape her if given the chance.

It's a good thing that she ignored all of Allison Mack's text messages, though, or she actually might've been. Yikes.

Old 05-17-2021, 07:48 PM   #17
ChosenOne
Foot Elite

Never negotiate with terrorists, and never apologize to lefties. But I'm being redundant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
People shouldn't cancel Seth Rogen because James Franco might be a womanizer, sexual harasser, whatever the accusation is.

People should cancel Seth Rogen because Seth Rogen isn't funny.
He helped make the Invincible show a thing, though. I don't like the guy either but that earns him just a teeny, tiny pass.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:45 PM   #18
IMJ
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
and how he's tried to convert some nameless fellow actors unsuccessfully and how disappointed he is in them)
See that right there could be the litmus test on it's own merits for a loser leftist and taken as immediate evidence as to where the problem really lies. Tried to convert and his disappointment.... the moral authority of an uniformed @$$hole. And those reactions and positioning right there are your qualifiers for everything that people like him are made of.

Like he is - in his own mind - a savior and the absolute guiding light of what is of correct thought. Children do that too before they grow up and learn more things.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:22 PM   #19
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Ya I'd say that there is a cross section of that population where your description there is fundamentally true. Fundamentally true by both the selfish-psychology as well as sociological-phenomena levels. It's the selfish-psychology levels that I regularly take issue with. But most of those people wouldn't understand even that. There is a point where you draw a line of understanding and simply get into a well of "these are terrible people". There's a point where the justification of behavior finally crosses the line into "you're too far gone, you're too lost in your own maze of nonsense, it's purely you".
This isn't even just some celebs and twitter people. The ruling class is putting barbed wire around cities because they believe hordes of nazis are just beyond the corner.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:28 PM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
This isn't even just some celebs and twitter people. The ruling class is putting barbed wire around cities because they believe hordes of nazis are just beyond the corner.
I think it's less that they honestly believe that as much it is them wanting additional "optics" to support "we're living in fear of nazis out there! Really, we are! Surely we wouldn't need to put up this barbed wire if we weren't, right?" to the masses.