The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 02-10-2021, 12:29 PM   #41
Papenbrook
"Zero-Dollar" Sonic

One more reason to believe that Joss Whedon is a manipulative human being.

May she have time to heal. Until then, my thoughts are with her at this time.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 02-10-2021 at 09:59 PM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 12:43 PM   #42
Leo656
The Franchise

Shhhhhhh, shhh-shhh-shhhh.

The guy made Buffy, therefore he's beyond all reproach and clearly everything people say is lies and slander from people looking for their 15 minutes, nothing more.

He's a saint, like Marilyn Manson.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 01:09 PM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

Charisma Carpenter is great and they got rid of her in the last season of Angel just because she was pregnant. I believe her.

Joss Whedon is a piece of ****. I'm glad he's finally getting his due. That manipulative sleezeball that treats his female actresses like crap. I hope he rots in hell for all eternity.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 01:11 PM   #44
neatoman
Emperor

Is it safe to assume most celebrities have some questionable behaviour, commit hypocrisy or have some skeletons in the closet? I don't necessarily mean in some extreme or serious way, just that there's something they keep hidden from the public. It just kind of seems they really want their image to be as squeaky clean as possible, so they hide whatever little off norm opinion, guilty pleasure or "unorthodox" aspect of themselves as far from public eyes as they can.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 01:28 PM   #45
snake
Disgusting

Whedon turns out to be a sex weirdo? What a shock.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 01:58 PM   #46
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I wonder how much of Nicholas Brendon's sad life was caused by Whedon's behaviour?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 03:34 PM   #47
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Sarah Michelle Gellar just shared a post about him on Instagram. Didn't say much but she basically agrees he is poo.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 07:54 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

Joss Whedon has always been a terrible person. He's the exact kind of "fake feminist" type of guy where he acts what he does is uplifting to women but behind all that he's a manipulative and abusing piece of s*it to women. I hope Disney gets rid of him too.

And yeah, all those sexist jokes in Buffy back in the day were likely him using the characters as a mouthpiece. Xander had a lot of lines like that throughout the show.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:31 PM   #49
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Joss Whedon has always been a terrible person. He's the exact kind of "fake feminist" type of guy where he acts what he does is uplifting to women but behind all that he's a manipulative and abusing piece of s*it to women.
True (probably). Which is why I don't feel too bad for the guy.

Still, I wonder about this. This isn't even the first time Carpenter has "exposed" Whedon about all of this, but suddenly it is like a brand new thing and a rallying cry for all the Buffy cast? Like, maybe he acted in spite... but maybe she was also very difficult to work with and temperamental (or maybe just not reliable), pregnancy aside? We didn't work all of those long hours on those sets, how do we know?

F*** what the Cryborg guy from the Justice League movie that nobody liked said (or won't stop saying). Like, let's hear from the cast of Firefly. Or Dollhouse. Or hey, what does Eliza Dushku have to say? She followed Whedon around to 3 different shows and was even offered a fourth. Like I mean to ask... was he an equal opportunity assh**e to everybody, or are we saying just women? Or was it just Charisma Carpenter? Because if it was just ever Charisma Carpenter then that suggests to me it's all maybe being a little misrepresented.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 02-10-2021 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:38 PM   #50
Leo656
The Franchise

Jason Mamoa and Gal Gadot are "nobody", now? They've openly agreed with everything Fisher has said, even if it wasn't spoken as loudly or often.

Settle down, cowboy. Just because you want to believe it was all sour grapes doesn't make it the truth. Apparently "Treating people who work under him like sh*t" is apparently a habit of Whedon's, and if anything he's an equal-opportunity offender. F*ck 'em. "Buffy" was overrated as hell, any damn way, and "Avengers" was so paint-by-numbers even my dumb ass could've directed it. Guy's a hack.

Old 02-10-2021, 08:42 PM   #51
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Jason Mamoa and Gal Gadot are "nobody", now? They've openly agreed with everything Fisher has said
Not really, unless I'm missing things. Momoa basically said he "supported" him (which is not the same as saying everything Cryborg said was true) in a diplomatic Tweet as I recall, and as best as I can figure all Gadot said is that she wasn't on set when Cryborg had the incidents he's complaining about.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:53 PM   #52
Leo656
The Franchise

No, she said more than once that she wasn't happy with her own experience of working with Whedon in general, and in turn that's why she supported Fisher, because she saw enough on her own to know that whatever anyone else says about Whedon is most likely true even if she only saw part of it with her own eyes. For what it's worth, even Jenkins, who had no involvement of her own with Whedon, is on record saying more or less "Nobody liked working with him and everybody's trying to just move on and forget that the Justice League reshoots happened." Granted, she wasn't there, but her statements imply that she's spoken to people who were. Otherwise why even say anything? She's not directly involved. She could've said "I don't know, I wasn't there." instead she said "Yeah, I heard he's a real dick" (paraphrasing). Could be he's a dick.

Fess up, you're just annoyed because these people won't dish the juicy gossip you crave, "dish the dirt and name the names". The guy's a walking dumpster fire. I don't need names, dates, and notarized documents. I know sh*t when I smell it. And Whedon always smelled funny to me.

I agree we shouldn't convict people in the court of public opinion on allegations alone, but c'mon by now. How much smoke is necessary? By this point I'm more than willing to believe that every single allegation made by ANYONE against Joss Whedon is true. Everybody more or less tells the same story about what a dick the guy is. How many times are we gonna say, "Yeah, well... we didn't SEE it, though"?

Nobody saw Cosby rape them chicks, either. But everybody knows he did it. Nobody saw OJ cut Nicole's head off. But everybody knows he did it.

There's "Benefit of the doubt" and then there's just being obstinate.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:25 PM   #53
Papenbrook
"Zero-Dollar" Sonic

Michelle Trachtenberg has also spoken out about her experience with Joss Whedon.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:44 PM   #54
TMNTFanatic4Life
Hench Mutant

I enjoyed both Angel and Buffy but yeah, Joss seems like a real tool bag.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:32 PM   #55
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"WhedonCon" changing to the "Hellmouth Convention."

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/whed...th-convention/
Old 05-09-2021, 12:07 PM   #56
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Gal Gadot confirmed that Whedon threatened her career on the set of Justice League.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/wonde...4618#gs.0yswbw

Last edited by ranger_scout; 05-10-2021 at 02:51 PM. Reason: It was her career that was threatened.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 09:33 PM   #57
Papenbrook
"Zero-Dollar" Sonic

Oh my. I hope that she's okay now.

It seems that Whedon has screwed over a lot of people.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:13 AM   #58
Sumac
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Oh my. I hope that she's okay now.
"Rich actress" / "not OK"
Choose one.

I knew Whedon is garbage, though I hoped he is not that bad, but apparently he is a typical male feminist trash creep. Just to think that few years ago he was considered "an icon of male feminism".
Old 05-10-2021, 06:39 AM   #59
CyberCubed
Overlord

Joss Whedon is such a moron. Imagine wanting to make Gal Gadot look bad when he has nothing to do with the Wonder Woman movies, and Justice League originally wasn't his movie either.

Like why would he even care? Other than to be mean spirited to the actress? What a loser.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:40 AM   #60
IMJ
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Gal Gadot confirmed that Whedon threatened her on the set of Justice League.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/wonde...4618#gs.0yswbw
Threatened her career. Career. Something which bosses do, right or wrong, all the time. Most of the time wrong.

I don't think that anyone is actually supporting Whedon in this; but there are still two camps here. One recognizes that "nobody likes that behavior but it's often a fact of life when dealing with someone in control who relies on that style". The other is the "outrage at anything" camp who operate with a hard line in the sand - either you've sided with Joss or you side with them and ruin his life. It's the the thoughts of the second camp that firmly puts me into the "defense of Joss" camp.

Joss Whedon is a dick, but we aren't dealing with that on it's own merits. Too many people flinging "abuse!", "evil!" "threats!". But a lot of people recognize what's going on but have the perspective that is "quit complaining like a child that someone yelled at you and just do your damn job for your new boss".

I mean let's distill it down to the truth and face it - the real truth is that Joss Whedon was mean to the cast in his attempt to wrest the project from their loyalty to Snyder. Whedon could've gone another leadership route and worked to earn the cast's trust of course, but here we have a generation of trophy-getters who, instead of dealing with it, find relevance in going to war that they are "fighting an abuser". It doesn't mean that Whedon was a good leader or that something should be said, but it certainly doesn't mean inquisitions, investigations and media smear campaigns. Ray Fisher got angry that his part was reduced in the Whedon cut and threw a manipulative fit by making this his life's virtue-battle whereas most reasonable people would've moved on to make their next movie.

It's f'n ridiculous.

Last edited by IMJ; 05-10-2021 at 09:53 AM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
joss_cuckdon