The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2021, 01:23 PM   #21
1987
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 267
it’s all political

the reason they’re still protesting and rioting even after the guilty verdict, that’s just not good enough for blm. they want full abolition of the minneapolis police. these people are fu*king degenerate lunatics who don’t even work or contribute anything to society other than civil unrest. they have all the time in the world to organize these democrat funded blm protests (act blue /george soros funded), and get mad when a cop stops the crime in progress, which can only get worse with the criminal resisting arrest. maybe people should just stop breaking the law?

the other 3 officers involved in the george floyd case still have court cases coming up, you just know blm will be watching those trials like a hawk ready to bust out rioting as soon as they hear a verdict they don’t like. what’s worse is we got scumbags like maxine waters and nancy pelosi adding fuel to the fire, inciting violence, encouraging protests and glorifying these criminals, and the mainstream media and woke atheltes and celebrities all support it as well, they have an evil agenda to bring down the usa.

it’s obvious democrats don’t really care about black people, just look at joe biden’s history of segregation politics and the 1994 crime bill. they are just using black people for their votes and blaming everything racist on the other side, when in reality democrats founded the kkk.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:45 PM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 23,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
what’s worse is we got scumbags like maxine waters and nancy pelosi adding fuel to the fire
Oh, Lord, don't get me started on Those Two. Throw Sharpton in there and you've got a Three-Ring Race-Hustler Circus.

Some people seriously aren't gonna be happy until a full-blown race war breaks out. When I was a kid, people used to warn me about it and I'd laugh.

I'm no longer laughing.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:47 PM   #23
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 12,812
I'll confess I expected Minneapolis to be overrun in lawlessness and looting regardless of the outcome of the verdict in the Chauvin trial, so I guess this week is a win for humanity, all things considered.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:55 PM   #24
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 23,094
But that's the thing, though; a guy got convicted of what's technically an erroneous charge, because The Powers That be knew that it was the only way to keep those "peaceful protestors" from burning Minneapolis to the ground.

What the F*CK does THAT say? "We know what's Right, but we have to do what's Wrong so that certain people don't throw a fit"?

That's not "Justice". "Justice" would be, you convict on manslaughter and let that be "good enough". "Nah, those illiterate chucklef*cks with the bricks and tiki torches aren't gonna have the patience for nuance and distinction; it's 'murder' or we're all in serious trouble." Except he wasn't guilty of murder.

OJ walked because of "reasonable doubt". Even though no, there wasn't. Because The Powers-That-Be knew what would happen if they convicted him. "We gotta let him walk, Or Else." Same thing in reverse. "It's the wrong charge, and we have Maxine out here telling people to riot if the verdict isn't exactly what they want... but we can't rule a mistrial, and we can't settle for manslaughter. HAS to be murder... Or Else."

Things really, REALLY shouldn't be this way.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:13 PM   #25
Coola Yagami
Emperor
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
But that's the thing, though; a guy got convicted of what's technically an erroneous charge, because The Powers That be knew that it was the only way to keep those "peaceful protestors" from burning Minneapolis to the ground.

What the F*CK does THAT say? "We know what's Right, but we have to do what's Wrong so that certain people don't throw a fit"?

That's not "Justice". "Justice" would be, you convict on manslaughter and let that be "good enough". "Nah, those illiterate chucklef*cks with the bricks and tiki torches aren't gonna have the patience for nuance and distinction; it's 'murder' or we're all in serious trouble." Except he wasn't guilty of murder.

OJ walked because of "reasonable doubt". Even though no, there wasn't. Because The Powers-That-Be knew what would happen if they convicted him. "We gotta let him walk, Or Else." Same thing in reverse. "It's the wrong charge, and we have Maxine out here telling people to riot if the verdict isn't exactly what they want... but we can't rule a mistrial, and we can't settle for manslaughter. HAS to be murder... Or Else."

Things really, REALLY shouldn't be this way.
I was too young to remember the full details on the OJ Trail. At the time why was it a 'we gotta let him walk, or else' situation?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:25 PM   #26
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 23,094
Because Every Single Black Person In America decided the second they saw the Bronco chase on TV that it was all a set-up. "That guy was a Super Bowl Champion, he couldn't kill anybody! We seen him on TV!" The Rodney King riots were still fresh in everybody's mind, and Black America was basically making some not-too-subtle "hints" during the entire trial that if OJ got convicted, it was gonna be ten times worse than the King riots, nationwide.

Especially after it came out that Once Upon A Time, one of the officers involved had said The N-Word, therefore the entire investigation was forfeit. "CLEARLY this whole thing is just a set-up to put an innocent black man in jail, because the LAPD has nothing better to do than frame celebrities for murder by planting DNA evidence and then going on extended televised car chases. That's OBVIOUSLY what's happening, here."

So OJ cut his ex-wife's head off, stabbed her boyfriend a million times, left his own blood at the scene and walked away with it. Because "If you put him in jail, that's Systemic Racism and we won't stand for it."

Look, racism is Bad. But it isn't worse than killing people, I'm sorry. But to some people, it is. And Those People have way too much power in the current societal climate. But again, we've been heading in that direction for a very long time.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:31 PM   #27
IMJ
Foot Elite
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 2,908
If they don't riot right away, they will anyway when he appeals the verdict, which he can do because of manipulative, horrible people like Maxine Waters.

And what's more?

If you ask me, she was doing it as a double en tendre. She knew that it would rile her constituents up now, and she knew that she was creating an appeal situation for that fool cop so that when he appeals and gets a new verdict that she can do it again and call it "injustice" when in fact she created the opening for it, possibly by design.

So help me, I believe that she actually did that on purpose as a method for furthered "justified anarchy".
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:41 PM   #28
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 23,094
I wouldn't doubt it. Didn't the judge even say out loud that her comments opened the door for the cop to appeal?

He already had a case for appeal ANYWAY based on the dodgy interpretation of the word "murder" in this case, but even more now.

Either it was what you're saying, OR Maxine's a complete idiot. I can actually believe either!
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:42 PM   #29
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
It's crazy how divided we are on the political spectrum now. America feels comprised of two very different teams more than ever before, in my life at least.

Honestly, that's what I love about powerful art or entertainment becoming mainstream. Not just in America, but all over the world. It's a nice idea that despite all our differences, maybe we can all find noble values in the acts of a guy who dresses up as a Bat or a girl with a laser sword.

It's sort of silly from one perspective, but I think it's comforting that we have common ground somewhere and hopefully it can slowly help lead us to a similar place of understanding or common notions of right and wrong, in some small way.
Yes. It does seem like your politics are more similat to sports rivalries than actual politics. I wonder if it's due to you having bipartisan system. Your other political parties are too small and insignificant to count.

In most other democratic nations there's several different parties. And whole there's always 2 or 3 bigger owns that tend to win most elections, medium and smaller sized parties can get some power by forming coalitions with the larger parties.

I dunno if it's so practical for USA to essentially have two political parties and anyone with political aspiritons having to decide between those two only. How did your system turn out so bipartisan anyway? It's almost like they're more like two major rival companies like Coca-Cola and Pepsi instead of simply political parties.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:00 PM   #30
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 23,094
A lot of it has to do with people only being comfortable with the ILLUSION of choice. They get confused and intimidated by too many options.

Part of it is also tribalism, the inherent need to "belong" and be part of the In Crowd. That's a huge part of American culture, being part of "The Right Group". All of that gets diluted if there's too many "tribes" to choose from.

And then of course there's money. It's really the corporations who dictate policy by brib- errr, "lobbying" the politicians. They prefer to keep things nice and neat and not spread that money around more than they have to because it's just easier that way. Too many parties and competing interests would make it a lot harder for them to "lobby", so everything gets forced into just two boxes.

It's all kind of just a big scam built to keep up appearances and let people think they actually have a say in anything. If voting actually mattered, they wouldn't let us do it.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:04 PM   #31
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
A lot of it has to do with people only being comfortable with the ILLUSION of choice. They get confused and intimidated by too many options.

Part of it is also tribalism, the inherent need to "belong" and be part of the In Crowd. That's a huge part of American culture, being part of "The Right Group". All of that gets diluted if there's too many "tribes" to choose from.

And then of course there's money. It's really the corporations who dictate policy by brib- errr, "lobbying" the politicians. They prefer to keep things nice and neat and not spread that money around more than they have to because it's just easier that way. Too many parties and competing interests would make it a lot harder for them to "lobby", so everything gets forced into just two boxes.

It's all kind of just a big scam built to keep up appearances and let people think they actually have a say in anything. If voting actually mattered, they wouldn't let us do it.
It's funny cuz your politics are similar to football rivalries in Europe while our politics are more similar to your sports rivalries. You look at videos from American stadiums and arenas and the fans are a lot quieter and peaceful while in most of the world you have football fans fighting or sometimes even killing each other . It seems like you guys prefer saving that for politics instead.

Well that's smart from the big 2 parties in a business sense. They've somehow managed to build a monopoly. They're clearly more of a business than political parties.

Another thing that's strange... apparently both parties "switched"? Before the 60s or something Republicans were left-wing and Democrats right-wing. What?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:59 PM   #32
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Another thing that's strange... apparently both parties "switched"? Before the 60s or something Republicans were left-wing and Democrats right-wing. What?
This is actually factually incorrect.
The Lunatic Left says this all the time but it did not happen.

The left is pro slavery (government assistance), kkk (race based groups) and control. To some extent the political right is also pro control, too though.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:07 PM   #33
Coola Yagami
Emperor
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Because Every Single Black Person In America decided the second they saw the Bronco chase on TV that it was all a set-up. "That guy was a Super Bowl Champion, he couldn't kill anybody! We seen him on TV!" The Rodney King riots were still fresh in everybody's mind, and Black America was basically making some not-too-subtle "hints" during the entire trial that if OJ got convicted, it was gonna be ten times worse than the King riots, nationwide.

Especially after it came out that Once Upon A Time, one of the officers involved had said The N-Word, therefore the entire investigation was forfeit. "CLEARLY this whole thing is just a set-up to put an innocent black man in jail, because the LAPD has nothing better to do than frame celebrities for murder by planting DNA evidence and then going on extended televised car chases. That's OBVIOUSLY what's happening, here."

So OJ cut his ex-wife's head off, stabbed her boyfriend a million times, left his own blood at the scene and walked away with it. Because "If you put him in jail, that's Systemic Racism and we won't stand for it."

Look, racism is Bad. But it isn't worse than killing people, I'm sorry. But to some people, it is. And Those People have way too much power in the current societal climate. But again, we've been heading in that direction for a very long time.
My memory is so foggy on that, unless there was some time between the two events. I remember shows like In Living Color bringing up the Rodney King thing, and I was a little one back then still in the states. But I also seem to recall living in Mexico during the time we heard the occasional news report about how the OJ trial was going. Hmmmm.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:39 PM   #34
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 23,094
Roughly two years apart, so the King incident was still an open wound for a lot of people. And the riots were still a frequent topic of conversation, and the OJ thing just exacerbated everything.

I was only like 12 myself but it was impossible to avoid. It was all over TV, everybody's parents were hooked on the trial coverage, shows like Roseanne were making jokes about it, it was all over the magazines at the grocery store and the 7-11... even if you weren't trying to pay attention it was pretty hard to ignore. Even the kids at school all had opinions; more so the black kids than the white kids. Suddenly these 10-12 year old kids were all legal experts who would lecture you at length about how "OJ couldn't possibly be guilty" because "My Dad says all cops frame black people" and "It's all part of the White Conspiracy, they couldn't take down Michael Jackson so they're gonna try and take OJ away from us." I'm dead serious. You couldn't make this sh*t up if you tried.

Not exclusively the black kids, though, just mostly. Most of the white kids either didn't give a sh*t, or only really cared at all because their parents were always talking about it, and like most sane people they felt like he was guilty. But I remember vividly I was at recess the day the verdict came in, one of the (white) kids heard it on the radio or something and started running through the playground yelling "OJ's going home! They said 'Not Guilty'! He's free!" And then the guidance counselor (who was also the recess monitor) pulled him aside in front of everyone on the playground, looked him in the eye and very sternly said loud enough for everyone around to hear, "What the hell is wrong with you? The guy killed two people and got away with it. This isn't a joke. Nobody should be happy about this. It's not a goddamn joke. You're happy that he got away with murder? You ought'a be ashamed of yourself." That kid was the biggest loudmouth in school, and that was the first and last time I ever saw him speechless; he looked like he wanted to crawl in a hole and disappear.

That was one of the first times I remember a criminal openly playing the race card to get out of taking responsibility for something they very obviously did, but nowadays it's become standard operating procedure. In hindsight, it should have been very easy to predict. It was just that back then, people kind of assumed that OJ's money got him off the hook. "It wasn't JUST because he said the cops were racist, that wouldn't be enough to make people think he didn't kill those people."

But yeah, turns out that really IS all you need to say to flip the script and get all the heat off of you. You can be a rapist, a terrorist, a pedophile or a murderer. But if you say "THAT other guy's a racist, though," all your sins are forgiven.

You can even jam a loaded gun into a pregnant woman's stomach and threaten to pull the trigger during a drug-fueled home invasion, and people will spin a "Cops Are Racist" narrative and build statues in your honor if you die under regrettable circumstances. Just ask ol' Floyd. I bet the woman he tried to shoot (and her kid, however old they are now) don't think he's a martyr or a hero or a "pillar of his community"; but oddly enough, nobody ever asked them what THEY think. Shocking.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 02:25 AM   #35
Mayhem
Mad Scientist
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Another thing that's strange... apparently both parties "switched"? Before the 60s or something Republicans were left-wing and Democrats right-wing. What?
Yeah, over a century ago. The Democrats used to occupy the political spectrum position where the Republicans are today, and vice versa. In the same way a century ago, pink was the colour for boys and blue was the colour for girls. Things change, and they do. So while it's factually correct to say the KKK was likely set up by then supporters of the Democratic party, if the same happened today it would be members of the Republican party instead.

Today's BLM protests and argument for equality, isn't actually too far from what suffragettes did here a hundred years ago to fight for equality. Read up about what some of them did if you are unfamiliar. There are compelling parallels.
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:12 AM   #36
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,632
OJ's trial was on the news worldwide. I was a toddler when it happened, so no way I can remember it, but my mother told me it was frequently on the news here in Portugal as well.

OJ Simpson is the only American football player to achieve worldwide "fame", and it's because of everything else instead of what he did in that sport lol

Mayhem: BLM come more across as lobbyists to me than people fighting for equality. I don't have much sympathy for that movement.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:25 AM   #37
Coola Yagami
Emperor
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Roughly two years apart, so the King incident was still an open wound for a lot of people. And the riots were still a frequent topic of conversation, and the OJ thing just exacerbated everything.

I was only like 12 myself but it was impossible to avoid. It was all over TV, everybody's parents were hooked on the trial coverage, shows like Roseanne were making jokes about it, it was all over the magazines at the grocery store and the 7-11... even if you weren't trying to pay attention it was pretty hard to ignore. Even the kids at school all had opinions; more so the black kids than the white kids. Suddenly these 10-12 year old kids were all legal experts who would lecture you at length about how "OJ couldn't possibly be guilty" because "My Dad says all cops frame black people" and "It's all part of the White Conspiracy, they couldn't take down Michael Jackson so they're gonna try and take OJ away from us." I'm dead serious. You couldn't make this sh*t up if you tried.

Not exclusively the black kids, though, just mostly. Most of the white kids either didn't give a sh*t, or only really cared at all because their parents were always talking about it, and like most sane people they felt like he was guilty. But I remember vividly I was at recess the day the verdict came in, one of the (white) kids heard it on the radio or something and started running through the playground yelling "OJ's going home! They said 'Not Guilty'! He's free!" And then the guidance counselor (who was also the recess monitor) pulled him aside in front of everyone on the playground, looked him in the eye and very sternly said loud enough for everyone around to hear, "What the hell is wrong with you? The guy killed two people and got away with it. This isn't a joke. Nobody should be happy about this. It's not a goddamn joke. You're happy that he got away with murder? You ought'a be ashamed of yourself." That kid was the biggest loudmouth in school, and that was the first and last time I ever saw him speechless; he looked like he wanted to crawl in a hole and disappear.

That was one of the first times I remember a criminal openly playing the race card to get out of taking responsibility for something they very obviously did, but nowadays it's become standard operating procedure. In hindsight, it should have been very easy to predict. It was just that back then, people kind of assumed that OJ's money got him off the hook. "It wasn't JUST because he said the cops were racist, that wouldn't be enough to make people think he didn't kill those people."

But yeah, turns out that really IS all you need to say to flip the script and get all the heat off of you. You can be a rapist, a terrorist, a pedophile or a murderer. But if you say "THAT other guy's a racist, though," all your sins are forgiven.

You can even jam a loaded gun into a pregnant woman's stomach and threaten to pull the trigger during a drug-fueled home invasion, and people will spin a "Cops Are Racist" narrative and build statues in your honor if you die under regrettable circumstances. Just ask ol' Floyd. I bet the woman he tried to shoot (and her kid, however old they are now) don't think he's a martyr or a hero or a "pillar of his community"; but oddly enough, nobody ever asked them what THEY think. Shocking.
Two years sounds about right. I remember moving to Mexico round the time In Living Color stopped being funny cause most everyone except maybe Carrey left the show.

Yeah...BLM is...

Like I agree with the statement, but not the organization.

Them trying to guilt people and celebs into donating, then using the money to buy mansions and **** rather than you know.... Actually helping the problem. Like ok, I know most of you don't care about celebs or Lady Gaga but it rubbed me the wrong way seeing everyone get all up in her face forcing her to admit she agreed with BLM as they had their fingers on the CancelGaga button if she dared say no or be indifferent to it. Leave her the **** alone.

I agree with a YouTuber I disagree with often, BLM gets away with ALOT due to their name. It's almost impossible to say you don't agree with them without sounding like a racist. What, are you saying black lives don't matter??? Then these incidents like 'I thought my gun was the taser' and whatnot keep happening to continue to escalate the issue.

These are things I keep out of my FB and social media cause I'd be cancelled to hell and back and lose ALL my friends. Cause again, it sounds racist to say you disagree. But like how are the founders buying expensive new cars with donation money helping the cause?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:35 AM   #38
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,632
Bingo, Coola. The problem is the movement. Of course black people's lives matter. As do the lives of people of any other race. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with the way BLM operate.

Yes, it's ridiculous. I'm not afraid of getting cancelled on FB because most people in my country don't care about BLM. But on twitter I follow a lot of Americans and British people and vice versa. So I bite my tongue and don't mention anything about BLM or politics in general, because I just know someone would try giving me **** for it and misinterpret my statements.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:47 AM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 21,200
The problem is also the BLM organization itself. Which, among other things, includes "dismantling the nuclear family" as part of its mission statement. And now their higher ups are getting in trouble for buying themselves expensive mansions from the donations coming in.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:52 AM   #40
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The problem is also the BLM organization itself. Which, among other things, includes "dismantling the nuclear family" as part of its mission statement. And now their higher ups are getting in trouble for buying themselves expensive mansions from the donations coming in.
Wait what? What do they mean by "dismantling the nuclear family"? Isn't that the problem of a lot of black people living in poverty in the US? The fact they often live in single mum homes? So why is BLM trying to make the problem worse?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.