The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-21-2020, 06:51 PM   #81
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I still don't know if I will see it because of the voice-acting changes.
Agreed. Do what you want with the story, but if the character designs are on-brand, the voices should be, as well.

The character design is fun, but it's hard to outdo classic 2D Scoob or A Pup Named...

I have the urge to start shopping around for an animation cel from 69 or 70.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 08:30 PM   #82
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm looking forward to it no matter who is voicing whole. I love the idea of a Hannah Barbara Universe. I wanted to see it in the Theaters. But since they are releasing it Digital. I can watch it at home.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:04 PM   #83
sdp
Neon Night Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Scoob will now make it's debut on Video-On-Demand on May 15th

https://deadline.com/2020/04/scoob-h...us-1202914059/
good, direct to video as it deserves, let this be the death of the HB cinematic universe.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:25 PM   #84
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I'm looking forward to it no matter who is voicing whole. I love the idea of a Hannah Barbara Universe. I wanted to see it in the Theaters. But since they are releasing it Digital. I can watch it at home.
95% of the voices for this are just wrong. Shaggy, Velma, and Daphne don't sound like the way they are supposed to. Will Forte is doing a mediocre intimation of Shaggy's voice. Zac Efron is somewhat passable as Fred, but Frank Welker is still more than capable of doing that voice like he has for the last 50 years. Dynomutt sounds completely out-of-character from the brief moments I've heard Ken Jeong doing his voice.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 04:29 AM   #85
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Very disappointing, I was so looking forward to seeing a Scooby Doo animated film in theaters.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 04:00 PM   #86
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
95% of the voices for this are just wrong. Shaggy, Velma, and Daphne don't sound like the way they are supposed to. Will Forte is doing a mediocre intimation of Shaggy's voice. Zac Efron is somewhat passable as Fred, but Frank Welker is still more than capable of doing that voice like he has for the last 50 years. Dynomutt sounds completely out-of-character from the brief moments I've heard Ken Jeong doing his voice.
I don't care who is doing whose voice. This is a different universe anyways. They are starting fresh. Let's see how its done. Since this is setting up a cinematic universe. I can't wait to see what they do to set it all up. Im happy to see Blue Falcon and Dynomutt involved.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:04 PM   #87
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I don't care who is doing whose voice. This is a different universe anyways.
It might be in a different universe, but it's still a huge slap in the face to the regular voice actors of the franchise. Audiences are already familiar enough with how these characters are supposed to sound like since there is a series airing right now, Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?, and plenty of direct-to-videos films being released.

Frank Welker got to come back for this as Scooby, but Matthew Lillard, Grey Griffin and Kate Micucci weren't even told ahead of time that they wouldn't be doing the film. Griffin found out that she wasn't going to be a part of it after she read Lillard's angry tweet. When Casey Kasem retired from doing the role of Shaggy, he specifically wanted Lillard to assume the part for him. Warner Bros. is not honoring some of last wishes by hiring someone else to do it. I really don't agree with some of the stuff that Griffin writes on Twitter, but there is no doubt about it that she IS Daphne for the last two generations. She was asked to do the role after her predecessor and dear friend Mary Kay Bergman tragically committed suicide. She was hesitant about assuming it, but she realized that it was what Bergman would've wanted. Gina Rodriguez has done solid work as a voice actress, but she isn't bringing the usual kookiness to Velma's voice like Micucci and her predecessor Mindy Cohen had. It's also still weird not to have Welker do his signature role of Fred.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:27 AM   #88
sdp
Neon Night Rider

Apparently the movie is terrible based on someone who saw it from /co/, it's a blue falcon movie with Scooby trying too hard to form a cinematic movie verse instead of a good movie. Let this film die
Old 04-23-2020, 05:40 AM   #89
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I will see the movie first before I make judgement on if it is good or not.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:09 AM   #90
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The more I see of this scene, the more I really hope to hell Shaphne finally happens
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:17 AM   #91
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

I like the look, the cgi looks tens times better than be cool Scooby Doo(What trash that was).
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:31 PM   #92
ZariusTwo
Overlord

A TV Spot has been tweeked slightly to remove the movie theatre, seeing as the film is now VOD.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HypraSeaP...26810533371905
Old 05-08-2020, 02:28 PM   #93
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Wow, the new TV spot has a lot of Shaphne going on!

Old 05-08-2020, 10:25 PM   #94
CyberCubed
Overlord

Thank god it's going digital so I can watch it for free.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 11:26 AM   #95
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Really disappointed that I will not get to see this in theaters.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:01 PM   #96
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

If anyone is interested, a virtual film premiere is happening on May 15 at 7 PM ET/ 4 PM PT.

https://www.animationmagazine.net/fe...ere-for-scoob/
Old 05-14-2020, 05:06 PM   #97
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Grey DeLisle-Griffin
@GreyDeLisle
·
4m
People keep asking what I think of #SCOOB and honestly I probably won’t ever be able to watch it. I’m certainly not saying that YOU shouldn’t but to listen to someone else doing the voice I’ve done for over 20 years is just too painful for me. Jeepers...I’m sorry! Purple heart #Daphne

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 05:41 PM   #98
sdp
Neon Night Rider

I think this movie looks horrible and i hope it bombs but come on, it's clearly not meant to be the same thing as the cartoon continuity, no reason to be upset.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:23 PM   #99
Allio
Foot Elite

Depends. They’ve been retconning some stuff lately, so it could be that they are trying to makes this in continuity.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:26 PM   #100
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Grey DeLisle-Griffin
@GreyDeLisle
·
4m
People keep asking what I think of #SCOOB and honestly I probably won’t ever be able to watch it. I’m certainly not saying that YOU shouldn’t but to listen to someone else doing the voice I’ve done for over 20 years is just too painful for me. Jeepers...I’m sorry! Purple heart #Daphne
It's odd they recast all the characters except Frank Welker's folks. I think Matthew Lillard is still a bigger name actor than the guy they got to replace him. Grey DeLisle-Griffin has practically become the go-to lady for WB animation for the past decade and a half too.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote