The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2021, 07:45 PM   #141
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 12,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
No, it just further proves what I've been saying for years, that you are Functionally Illiterate and can't handle people who have dissenting opinions.

You're allowed to like f*cking Power Rangers, guy. And I'm allowed to not like it. God Bless America, we all get to have an opinion.

You sh*t your goddamn pants because I said I thought the Next Mutation/MMPR cross-over was stupid dogsh*t. You saw fit to rant and rave at me about it, and tell me I'm a Bad Person in so many words. Because I took a shot at a f*cking TV show from 25 years ago.

Tell me again which of us is the f*cking child?

Hint: It's you, buddy. It's the overweight bald guy in the TMNT jammies.

As for "knowing better"... I do. As for being "a jerk"... only to those who deserve it, guy. And very few have ever gone so far as to earn it as you have.

Learn to tolerate other people's opinions or kindly take a leap. If you can't handle someone saying "I don't like Power Rangers", then YOU are the one who needs f*cking therapy and a hug, you f*cking clown.

MikeAndRaph likes Power Rangers, Zarius likes Power Rangers... those guys can take a f*cking joke, and that's why we're friends. YOU can't, and that's why I can't stand you.
The only child is you, you just won't quit, There's a reason why most people avoid this forum.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:51 PM   #142
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 23,355
You came at me first, guy. Could've kept your goddamn mouth shut instead of coming at me like a f*cking idiot.

You'd think by now you'd learn, your arms ain't f*cking long enough to box with God.

By all means, take your terrible opinions and your TMNT jammies to the Twitter echo chamber where the other mouth-breathers congregate and let the big kids talk, if this is how you act when someone makes fun of goddamn Power Rangers.

Jesus Christ almighty.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:53 PM   #143
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 12,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
You came at me first, guy. Could've kept your goddamn mouth shut instead of coming at me like a f*cking idiot.

You'd think by now you'd learn, your arms ain't f*cking long enough to box with God.

By all means, take your terrible opinions and your TMNT jammies to the Twitter echo chamber where the other mouth-breathers congregate and let the big kids talk, if this is how you act when someone makes fun of goddamn Power Rangers.

Jesus Christ almighty.
Actually you are the one who instigate it, And people here will tell you that.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:00 PM   #144
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 10,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerclaw View Post
the only child is you, you just won't quit, there's a reason why most people avoid this forum.
I will let April do the talking for me because Leo656 is right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg itwasajokw.jpg (48.4 KB, 3 views)
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:07 PM   #145
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 23,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Actually you are the one who instigate it, And people here will tell you that.
By making a joke about the Next Mutation/Power Rangers cross-over. That was me "instigating" anything? C'mon.

Once again: If me saying that it was dumb - either as an idea or in execution - is enough to send you (or anyone else) into a screaming fit about what a Big Meanie I supposedly am... YOU need a hug. Thicken up that skin'a yours, you're even older than I am (I think).

I didn't start sh*t, brother. I cracked wise about a cheesy old TV show, a bunch'a manbabies got their panties twisted over it and decided to try and "call me out", and the rest is just me replying to you and their sh*t.

If you don't want me to reply to this kinda dumb sh*t, then simply stop saying dumb sh*t to me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I will let April do the talking for me because Leo656 is right.
This is why I love you even though you're a filthy Roman Reigns fan.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:11 PM   #146
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 12,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
By making a joke about the Next Mutation/Power Rangers cross-over. That was me "instigating" anything? C'mon.

Once again: If me saying that it was dumb - either as an idea or in execution - is enough to send you (or anyone else) into a screaming fit about what a Big Meanie I supposedly am... YOU need a hug. Thicken up that skin'a yours, you're even older than I am (I think).

I didn't start sh*t, brother. I cracked wise about a cheesy old TV show, a bunch'a manbabies got their panties twisted over it and decided to try and "call me out", and the rest is just me replying to you and their sh*t.

If you don't want me to reply to this kinda dumb sh*t, then simply stop saying dumb sh*t to me.
https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-conte...ale-Cooper.gif



This is why I love you even though you're a filthy Roman Reigns fan.
The only dumb sh*t I'm seeing is coming from you actually.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:24 PM   #147
hypered1
Hench Mutant
 
hypered1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chessington
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The only dumb sh*t I'm seeing is coming from you actually.
Dude, just add him to your ignore list and move on.
He's allowed his opinion and you are allowed yours, but continuing a pointless argument like this is just wasting both of your times.
__________________
hypered1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:29 PM   #148
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 23,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The only dumb sh*t I'm seeing is coming from you actually.
Okay, rube.

Since some folks are apparently so bored today, BEHOLD: A photographic record of my Bitterness and Misery... apparently.





Seriously, 'Claw. I wish you no ill will on this Earth but for the love of God, you do not wanna compare lives with me.

Go with God and take this all as a lesson, my son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Dude, just add him to your ignore list and move on.
He's allowed his opinion and you are allowed yours, but continuing a pointless argument like this is just wasting both of your times.
That's not a bad suggestion either. I don't Block people but if he wants to Block me, that's fine. He won't do it, though, he loves this kinda sh*t.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:34 PM   #149
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 21,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I have tons of friends, they just tend to be of a higher caliber than people such as yourself who go outside in broad daylight wearing Ninja Turtles pajamas.
Quote of the day.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:42 PM   #150
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 10,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
By making a joke about the Next Mutation/Power Rangers cross-over. That was me "instigating" anything? C'mon.

This is why I love you even though you're a filthy Roman Reigns fan.
Moms and their elementary school kids make up the Roman Empire, but I am so cool I am an anomaly.

Maybe it's the fact I am also an endearing Hulkamaniac that makes me not terribly odd.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:58 PM   #151
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 23,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Quote of the day.
I please to aim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Moms and their elementary school kids make up the Roman Empire, but I am so cool I am an anomaly.

Maybe it's the fact I am also an endearing Hulkamaniac that makes me not terribly odd.
It helps!

I don't even have any problem with Reigns, it's just low-hanging fruit and he makes for an easy punchline.

It's nothing personal when I pick on him. What separates You from the Marks around here is that you understand that, sir.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:26 AM   #152
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Kind of with Leo on that point. It'd be like in the 2000s if Batman and Detective Comics suddenly went super corny and goofy (for the sake of argument), and remained that way for 2 years, but people on the defense were like, "What's the problem? You don't like the main Batman comics? Just read Batman vs. Predator or Batman/Grendel or maybe Dark Knight II... those are for you!!" Because that's a pretty silly argument to make for fairly obvious reasons.

And yeah, those Batman crossovers were ghastly. I can't comment on their cartoon adaptations as I haven't seen (I understand they're at least somewhat better?) but they're basically beautiful art coupled with horrific storytelling akin to a 12 year old boy playing with toys in the bathtub. And what that writer did with Bane is inexcusable. I guess that same writer has gone on to take over at least one of the Batman mains, and now Bane has some daughter he never knew about, as well?

I concede to you and Leo about the quality of the Batman x TMNT book. It wasn’t for me. And that power Rangers crossover comment regarding bathtubs is as hilarious as it is painful, But I still hand it to IDW for getting out there and making the Batman crossover happen. Even got Kevin’s art involved in the last one. You have to look at these things strategically as well. The fact that they were having a crossover with Batman, gives tmnt comics way more (adult) eyes, and probably brought in some readers to Urban Legends, TLR, and the ongoing.

But I’ll give the Batman crossover one to you guys. It’s a bad example - fine. . But the point I’m making is that IDW has done a lot of good stuff with the TMNT brand as of late. Again, Urban Legends reprint? Mirage reprints? TLR? No props to IDW for putting all this stuff out? Not good enough? That’s a lot of content aimed at older fans - not Jennika fans, as was the original point, if it’s even still relevant.

Andrew, I really don’t understand where you’re coming from. IDW finally gives us a quality book that does what you ask for - tmnt being treated as actual ninjas who kill and are taken seriously. First time they’ve been treated like this - not just in comics, but anywhere - since Volume 4, which many hate anyway. Hell you even like the book - but you’re saying it’s not good enough that IDW hoists that flag, and that pointing it out as a positive in comparison to the slouching ongoing is dumb “for obvious reasons”.
I really don’t see why. Are your saying it’s not good enough because it’s not the ongoing book? Who cares, it’s a new book with a different set of standards and rules, that you were asking for. Yea, I’m saying “ignore the bad book and read the good book.” That’s not a controversial take. Especially if you never liked the ongoing book in the first place - let it burn!
Please don’t tell me you’re hung up on which is considered the ongoing, which is canon, or any other silly crap that doesn’t have any barring on the quality of storytelling, or I’ll gag.

And with sales the way they are, there will be more. Tom and Kevin have even hinted at it. So, if the issue is there is not enough aimed at you, I’d look at the fact that Urban Legends was absolutely aimed at you (murder, oral sex jokes and all), we are still getting Mirage reprints, and The Last Ronin is only getting started and obviously going to be expanded upon.
You guys, please don’t try to argue that there won’t be more like TLR after it became IDW’s highest selling book of all time (issue 3 selling more than 1 or 2 - extremely rare, especially so given how high sales were on #1) and the creators all but confirmed there will be more, or you will look like the one with agendas - straight up.

After decades of TMNT being treated as nothing but a children’s property, the leash finally gets loosened, with the original creators involved, in a book we all agree is executed very well. I mean, having the need to call out IDW this hard on the ongoing book, which was never Aces to begin with, at a time like this makes no sense to me.
I’m not against basic criticism. I critique all the time. But this conversation has gone beyond that into accusations of idw squeezing the line to death and force-feeding Jennika, and only Jennika, until the line dies. I’m saying that is a silly case, when IDW is putting out great, non-Jennika books at the very same time.

Last edited by AquaParade; 06-18-2021 at 07:55 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:14 AM   #153
ChosenOne
Foot Elite
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
That seemed to be Spengler’s point when he showed two IDW TMNT books for the month that both focused on Jennika. I’m here saying “well, okay, but there are plenty of other options besides the Jennika books, so is it really worth this heavy a reaction? It doesn’t feel quite so agenda-driven to me, when you consider you can pick up plenty of other TMNT books.
I don't want to pick up other TMNT books. I want to pick up IDW's TMNT book and have it be, y'know, a TMNT book, which isn't currently the case.

And I don't care that there are "other options" which are only IDW TMNT in a very vague and semantic sense, I want the option I made and have supported, financially and otherwise, for almost ten years to be worth its salt. It's not that hard to understand.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:52 AM   #154
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I don't want to pick up other TMNT books. I want to pick up IDW's TMNT book and have it be, y'know, a TMNT book, which isn't currently the case.

And I don't care that there are "other options" which are only IDW TMNT in a very vague and semantic sense, I want the option I made and have supported, financially and otherwise, for almost ten years to be worth its salt. It's not that hard to understand.
Well I'm sorry you don't get what you want, but it doesn't mean IDW has an agenda or are going to let the ship sink while only promoting her. Or that, again, she is the only option. That's what the video implied.

I do understand and I do sympathize for people who feel like their favorite book went off the rails, but that's not all that was implied.

Also, you didn't "make" any part of the IDW TMNT, you supported it. Two different things. It sounds like you're implying IDW owes you something, which they don't. I don't want to get the wrong idea, but that's what it sounds like when you say you "made" this series, by way of supporting it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:55 AM   #155
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 1,045
you know what, lets look at what's all in the works other than what was the band story.

1. baxter is plotting something with mutant town.

2. the mutants are starting at the very least a protest against hob.

3. krang and leatherhead are somewhere in the background plotting.

4. shredder is watching the turtles.

5. the rat king is playing 3d chess.

each one is something that the affects the turtles in someway.
__________________
Congratulations Alopex for winning the second time in a row! Sally you did great to make it 2nd and Mona and Lucia for tying for 3rd.
And my thanks to the 7 that voted.




"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:29 PM   #156
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 37,692
To be fair as much as I've enjoyed The Last Ronin so far, it still is pretty much an "elseworlds" comic, as in non-canon with the main stuff.

For a lot of people elseworld stuff isn't going to be as hyped because after it ends, it's unlikely for that continuity to be revisited. I like it for what it is, but after the 5-6 issues or however long it is, I know that will be it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:52 PM   #157
ChosenOne
Foot Elite
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Well I'm sorry you don't get what you want, but it doesn't mean IDW has an agenda or are going to let the ship sink while only promoting her. Or that, again, she is the only option. That's what the video implied.

I do understand and I do sympathize for people who feel like their favorite book went off the rails, but that's not all that was implied.

Also, you didn't "make" any part of the IDW TMNT, you supported it. Two different things. It sounds like you're implying IDW owes you something, which they don't. I don't want to get the wrong idea, but that's what it sounds like when you say you "made" this series, by way of supporting it.
*sigh* I'm sorry, but I have no patience or inclination to keep going in circles with this. It's clear that you understand exactly what I'm saying, you - like a handful of others - just choose not to and/or obfuscate what other people say in order to belittle actual fans of actual (IDW) TMNT and to prop up something that's not tenable in the long run, and relies on being defended by what amounts to a brainwashed mob who won't care when (not if) this comic goes under.

My message to you all? There's no need to tongue Campbell's balls, they're not there anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
you know what, lets look at what's all in the works other than what was the band story.

1. baxter is plotting something with mutant town.

2. the mutants are starting at the very least a protest against hob.

3. krang and leatherhead are somewhere in the background plotting.

4. shredder is watching the turtles.

5. the rat king is playing 3d chess.

each one is something that the affects the turtles in someway.
All of which we already knew or had seen before.

Thank you for illustrating just how much this "battle of the bands" silliness added to the comic: absolutely nothing.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:17 PM   #158
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post

Thank you for illustrating just how much this "battle of the bands" silliness added to the comic: absolutely nothing.
actually i think it built character.
__________________
Congratulations Alopex for winning the second time in a row! Sally you did great to make it 2nd and Mona and Lucia for tying for 3rd.
And my thanks to the 7 that voted.




"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:21 PM   #159
ChosenOne
Foot Elite
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
actually i think it built character.
Adversity does that. Like the one this comic is currently going through.

And by "character", you must mean Jennika, 'cause the other four Turtles were little more than background decor.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:26 PM   #160
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Adversity does that. Like the one this comic is currently going through.

And by "character", you must mean Jennika, 'cause the other four Turtles were little more than background decor.
lets start with 113.
karai crash lands with tokka and rahzar.
sheena and jennika have a "moment".
mikey is currently involved with doing his podcast.
future lita shows up and starts spilling the beans.
they then save karai and the others.

now with 114.
future lita meets with her present self
jennika and karai have a conversation about death.
jennika and raph have a fight.
mikey and mona have an argument about responsibility.
future lita has a "phonecall" with renet.
bebop and rocksteady hit the town.
donnie and jennika talk about revenge and then renet shows up again.
the turtle first encounter tokka and rahzar.
mikey tries to befriend them and jennika gets thrown across town.

issue 115
jennika crashes' the club, garbs shenna, and bebop and rocksteady give chase.
the turtles keep fighting tokka and rhazar.
donnie calls april to talk to karai.
bebop and rocksteady show up and start putting the beat down on tokka and rahzar.
future lita challenges them with a band battle.
leo steals a phone.
tokka and rahzar are calmed down and they go back to the dojo.
it's the next day and leo and karai talk.
the rest of the turtles talk about whats to come.

issue 116.
jennika starts finding band members.
she finds diamond.
they start rehearsing.
raph finds tusk.
donatello gets jo
mikey recruits jay and has another talk with mona.
the others the start trying to sing until koya volunteers to do vocals.
leo and future lita have another conversation about future students.
then she and raph have a word or two about regrets.
jennika and karai then talk about forgiveness or lack of.
they then go to the club.

issue 117.
jennika's band preforms.
bebop see's they're better.
so, jennikas band wins by default.
the foot says their goodbyes and make a truce.
lita then say's her goodbyes and future warnings.
lita then takes tokka and rahzar to the future and we see a window of the future.
the mutants and some of the turtles start making plans to deal with hob and worry about baxter.
jennika and sheena get together and share a kiss.
shredder and kitsune have tea.

i think part of peoples disappointment is our anticipation from future previews, sometimes its better not to know whats to come and deal with it when it happens.
__________________
Congratulations Alopex for winning the second time in a row! Sally you did great to make it 2nd and Mona and Lucia for tying for 3rd.
And my thanks to the 7 that voted.




"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.