The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2019, 02:27 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 18,127
Scooby Doo/Hanna-Barbera Crossover Movie (2020)

A big Hanna-Barbera/Scooby Doo crossover in the works for May 2020, featuring the voices of Will Forte, Gina Rodriguez, Tracy Morgan and Frank Welker

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...morgan-1177354
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:29 AM   #2
sdp
Neon Night Rider
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 9,123
oh god this will wreck my scooby continuity project, damn I hope it's something silly like laugh a lympics where it's clearly just an alternate universe and they don't try to make it like it actually fits in continuity, I don't want no yogi in real scooby canon
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:38 AM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 18,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
oh god this will wreck my scooby continuity project, damn I hope it's something silly like laugh a lympics where it's clearly just an alternate universe and they don't try to make it like it actually fits in continuity, I don't want no yogi in real scooby canon
I'd be down with it if they still took orders from Top Cat
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:25 AM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 12,917
*Hanna-Barbera

This is a Hanna, by name of William:


This is a Hannah:
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:56 AM   #5
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 25,864
Fixed that.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:19 AM   #6
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 9,393
Hanna-Barbera

Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines, the Flintstones, the Jetsons and the Superfriends were my favourite Hanna-Barbera series. Never cared for Scooby-Doo or Yogi Bear.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #7
Leofan26
Mad Scientist
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
oh god this will wreck my scooby continuity project, damn I hope it's something silly like laugh a lympics where it's clearly just an alternate universe and they don't try to make it like it actually fits in continuity, I don't want no yogi in real scooby canon
Your actually trying to make continuity with Scooby? It stopped at 13 Ghosts original series, don't include the new film it doesn't match any of the series I know and love about it. Heck, these new Scooby films are all over the place, with a sequell coming for Zombie Island how the heck will that connect to these films? Not to mention they sold the mystery machine in the last film, they just going to ride Daph new mystery film? Of course not, that's like Shaggy getting his red shirt back for the last film, this new Scooby writers crew just hated change.

Any ways, I thought this film would never get made, they keep changing things left and right in it I heard, than I heard it changed completely. I don't know how animal characters like Yogi Bear will mix in with Scooby and the gang, that's just odd.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:45 PM   #8
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 6,619
No Matthew Lillard as Shaggy hard pass
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:45 PM   #9
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
No Matthew Lillard as Shaggy hard pass
He's obviously not too happy about this either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Lillard
Well this sucks.
What a crappy way to find out.... thanks Hollywood. You never sense to amaze me.

Cease. Duh.
https://twitter.com/MatthewLillard/s...41160820015104

‘Scooby-Doo’ Reboot: Shaggy Actor Matthew Lillard Wasn’t Told He Was Being Replaced

Last edited by ranger_scout; 03-02-2019 at 04:51 PM. Reason: An article about Lillard being replaced has now been written.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:25 PM   #10
Wildcat
Foot Elite
 
Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,888
Unless Mathew Lillard is being permanently replaced I don’t think he should be that upset. Like the article said he’s had the role for quite awhile. I guess they should have at least informed him.

Anyway this sounds cool. Having a Hanna-Barbera crossover with Dick Dastardly sounds like a lot of fun.

Have only seen a few of the original Wacky Races but I’m fine with either portrayal or if they make a new one. The newest series is really good imo.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:00 PM   #11
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,643
Grey DeLisle-Griffin pretty much confirmed that she won't be returning as the voice of Daphne after reading what happened to Lillard. Apparently Warner Bros. didn't even ask her to do this movie either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey DeLisle-Griffin
Truly heartbreaking. I feel like they should have used celebs in the supporting cast but kept the original gang. People want to hear the voices they grew up with. At least they kept Frankie. #ScoobyDooMovie
https://twitter.com/GreyDeLisle/stat...60928159948800
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:34 AM   #12
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 18,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Grey DeLisle-Griffin pretty much confirmed that she won't be returning as the voice of Daphne after reading what happened to Lillard. Apparently Warner Bros. didn't even ask her to do this movie either.



https://twitter.com/GreyDeLisle/stat...60928159948800
Daphne sticking up for Shaggy. The 'ship is real!
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:41 AM   #13
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 2,177
I wasn't interested in this one anyway but I definitely won't be buying it knowing that.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:21 AM   #14
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,643
What is happening right now is kind of like when they got Tiffany to replace Janet Waldo as Judy Jetson in Jetsons: The Movie. Waldo said in an interview that if the whole cast of the series had been replaced, then she wouldn't have minded so much, but the fact that she was the only one to have her character voiced by someone else broke her heart. It's really unfortunate that this is happening to Grey DeLisle-Griffin as well. She's been doing Daphne's voice since 2000 after her dear friend Mary Kay Bergman, also her predecessor, tragically committed suicide. Kate Micucci has so far been quiet about not voicing Velma in this movie, but of course she must've been shocked and upset to hear that Gina Rodriguez got the job instead.

I'm wondering if Warner Bros. wants to go back to having big time celebrities do the voices of their characters after the box-office performance of Teen Titans Go! To The Movies, which mainly consisted of veteran voice-actors. A film grossing $52 million worldwide against a small budget of $10 million is not a flop, but I'm pretty sure they were expecting it to make a lot more. I remember articles that fans weren't too pleased that the cast of the Ninjago TV series weren't asked to The LEGO Ninjago Movie. That film didn't get great reviews, but having the original voice cast might've helped.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:52 PM   #15
sdp
Neon Night Rider
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 9,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Your actually trying to make continuity with Scooby? It stopped at 13 Ghosts original series, don't include the new film it doesn't match any of the series I know and love about it. Heck, these new Scooby films are all over the place, with a sequell coming for Zombie Island how the heck will that connect to these films? Not to mention they sold the mystery machine in the last film, they just going to ride Daph new mystery film? Of course not, that's like Shaggy getting his red shirt back for the last film, this new Scooby writers crew just hated change.

Any ways, I thought this film would never get made, they keep changing things left and right in it I heard, than I heard it changed completely. I don't know how animal characters like Yogi Bear will mix in with Scooby and the gang, that's just odd.
Clearly you're not a Scooby Lore Scholar like I am if you are still getting stuck with those small obstacles in the timeline.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:03 AM   #16
Leofan26
Mad Scientist
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Clearly you're not a Scooby Lore Scholar like I am if you are still getting stuck with those small obstacles in the timeline.
Please help make sense of this mess than, in my opinion age is a big factor in this. You had the Scooby Doo Where are you series to the Scooby and Scrappy series in which the gang are teens, I can easily connect the 90s films with that because they are young adults at that point. Than you go to films like What's New Scooby Doo? Saga when they are teens again, now in the current films they seem younger due to the fact that in one film Daph was learning how to drive. And how does Velma not know Scrappy? They've only been traveling with each other for a good couple of years, unless her sanity has been slowly slipping due to the events that happened.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:39 AM   #17
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 18,127
I don't consider anything after 13 Ghosts to be a proper continuation either. Different universes.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:52 PM   #18
sdp
Neon Night Rider
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 9,123
The thing with the Scooby timeline is they all use the original Where are you as their starting canon but do their own thing so of course there are contradictions.

As far as this movie well it's not going to be part of the normal scooby timeline no matter how twisted and full of holes it already is, this is a reboot that was originally named Project S.C.O.O.B. and got stuck in development hell for years, they basically want to start this shared universe and have new CG films with all these old HannaBarbera properties. That's also why none of the original VAs are returning, even welker isn't voicing Freddy who is his character and only Scooby since he's just iconic.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:32 PM   #19
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The thing with the Scooby timeline is they all use the original Where are you as their starting canon but do their own thing so of course there are contradictions.

As far as this movie well it's not going to be part of the normal scooby timeline no matter how twisted and full of holes it already is, this is a reboot that was originally named Project S.C.O.O.B. and got stuck in development hell for years, they basically want to start this shared universe and have new CG films with all these old HannaBarbera properties. That's also why none of the original VAs are returning, even welker isn't voicing Freddy who is his character and only Scooby since he's just iconic.
But haven't they always had a shared universe with other Hannah-Barbera characters such as Speed Buggy in Mystery Inc and In Scooby Doo movies. I think there was a few other characters that crossed over in Scooby Doo movies.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:07 PM   #20
sdp
Neon Night Rider
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 9,123
SD lore master comment was tongue in cheek for those who didn't get it btw, I do love me some SD continuity though as silly as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
But haven't they always had a shared universe with other Hannah-Barbera characters such as Speed Buggy in Mystery Inc and In Scooby Doo movies. I think there was a few other characters that crossed over in Scooby Doo movies.
Not really, they've crossed over with Speed Buggy, Josey and the pussy cats but not other HB characters. The only exception is Laugh-a-lympics where you get the 2 HB eras, the talking animals era with Yogi and their shared universe, and the mystery solving era, there they interact with captain caveman but it's clearly non-canon.

In my head canon I count most of the mystery solving SD rip offs by HB in continuity with SD even if they didn't crossover but I'd say captain caveman would not count since he's linked to the Flintstones and that's not in SD canon but I'm open to debate that. Mystery Inc canonized that head canon pretty much when we see the other mystery solver groups into the scooby canon in that one episode even if Mystery Inc has a weird place in the timeline. Mystery Inc also kind of canonized Jonny Quest and the Flintstones but I see those more as just easter eggs than real references.

I also count some nonpowered superheroes as canon to the SD universe which is why you see Batman and Blue Falcon but not Superman since those don't exist in SD. Also while Scooby has met Batman a few times, in canon he has met the same batman to them, even though they've been different versions of batman. Yeah, in the comics Scooby has met Superman and the Justice League but those are noncanon.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.