The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-05-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Season 4-7 not on iTunes?

There’s only Season 1-3 & Turtles Forever listed. Do they despise this series?

All other TMNT shows got full episodes listed, even The Next Mutation.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:38 AM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
There’s only Season 1-3 & Turtles Forever listed. Do they despise this series?

All other TMNT shows got full episodes listed, even The Next Mutation.
Yes, they despise the 4Kids series.

No proper DVD release, no full seasons online, never acknowledged...
Old 10-05-2020, 10:50 AM   #3
Shark_Blade
Emperor

That’s a shame. I’m really in the mood for binging the series.

I also found out Turtles Forever on iTunes is cut down to 1 hour 9 minutes whereas the original running time was supposed to be 81 minutes. Sigh... I ain’t paying full price for a half ass product.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:27 AM   #4
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

At this time, the only way to officially watch Seasons 4-7 online is on Pluto TV's Totally Turtles channel when they air, which is pretty sporadic. I wouldn't waste time waiting for an official digital or physical release. We're probably years away from that ever happening. If you want to watch the episodes, it's not too hard to find them in some capacity.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 11:39 AM   #5
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Yes I get you. I found them in fact - they look nice at first but on closer inspection they are inferior in terms of pic quality.

I did a side by side comparison with the samples on iTunes and found that the unofficial ones are a tad lighter (where the black isn’t as deep, the colors aren’t as vibrant) and the drawing lines aren’t as sharp. The framerate is lacking too. This maybe because they compressed the videos or maybe the ripped dvds aren’t as good... who knows.

It’s better than nothing I guess but alas, it’s a shame that we’re stuck with just these.
Old 10-06-2020, 01:08 PM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord

If you're interested in owning good quality episodes on physical media, you might search around the online shop of Monsterland Media (*wink*wink*).

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 01:10 PM   #7
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
If you're interested in owning good quality episodes on physical media, you might search around the online shop of Monsterland Media (*wink*wink*).
A dude's gotta do what a dude's gotta do.

Nickelodeon can suck it.
Old 10-06-2020, 04:30 PM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post

Nickelodeon can suck it.
Are you kidding? Nick is awesome and we're lucky to have anything! Didn't you hear?! We're lucky to have ANYTHING!!!

Man. It's too bad WB wasn't interested back in 2008 or so. Sigh.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:22 PM   #9
ABrown
Banned

I can't imagine a full dvd re-release at this point. Though they might finish releasing the seasons digitally. I'm a little surprised that they haven't, or at the very least continued.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:56 PM   #10
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Thanks for this. I’ve checked a few reviews they seem legit. I’m gonna explore some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post

Nickelodeon can suck it.
I’ll never understand why they keep some of their properties under lock instead of remaster & churning money out of it.

Keep the brand alive, keep the customers happy - bam! legacy continues and secure longevity. Such simple logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I can't imagine a full dvd re-release at this point. Though they might finish releasing the seasons digitally. I'm a little surprised that they haven't, or at the very least continued.
Yep. It’s their own loss because there’s demand there but they neglect it.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:26 PM   #11
Leo656
The Franchise

Nick didn't create the show, so they don't want to represent it because they don't want to "compete with themselves". They'd prefer that people pay attention to their own creations, namely the 2012 show and to a lesser degree "Rise". There's always a chance that more people would support the 4Kids show than the 2012 one, and that would be embarrassing for Nickelodeon.

It's unfortunate, but studios do this all the time. Disney with "Peter Pan and the Pirates", etc. They'd rather lock something up out of spite and lose money on it not being sold, than make money by releasing a product they didn't create. It's all very petty but it's common practice.

Nick/Viacom has a bad habit of doing this even when it's their own property. Like the third season of "The Adventures of Pete and Pete". They actually went so far as to manufacture the physical discs, but they've been sitting in a warehouse since 2006 because at the 11th hour, Viacom just decided, "Y'know... we don't know if there's money in this. I mean, who's even gonna be buying DVDs in a year, right?" That was in 2006. Almost 15 years ago!

Their own property, their own show, they transferred the episodes and recorded cast and crew commentary and they printed the boxes and manufactured the discs and packaged and shrink-wrapped them and ALL that was left to do was to actually ship them out to stores... and then they just Didn't Do It. And they've just been sitting there for the better part of two decades.

ANY money they make on releasing them would be better than nothing, after all that trouble, right? But not to Viacom.

Viacom is ultimately not a very good corporate entity. If such a thing even exists. But they ain't it. None of their decisions are ever made for the benefit of the customer, only their bottom line. Which apparently sometimes means "leaving money on the table", for reasons I don't understand.

It sucks, but it's how they roll.

Old 10-06-2020, 10:43 PM   #12
Shark_Blade
Emperor

If we put it into perspective, the Fred Wolf OT TMNT was not even being made by Nickelodeon/Viacom yet it receives plenty of care and limelight. Being referenced heavily in their 2012 TMNT show, Dvds were remastered fully and it’s even made available digitally on iTunes.

Perhaps they deem 2k3 isn’t as successful? But it spawned 7 seasons and plenty of video games in its era so that’s impossible.

I think it’s their own bias for the show and their own incompetence in managing their property. It’s odd that a poorly made show like The Next Mutation gets proper release but 2k3 doesn’t.

I cannot follow their way of thinking x_x They’re just clowns making decisions in the board room I guess.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:54 PM   #13
Leo656
The Franchise

Well they may be incompetent but they're not full-blown super-villains. Willfully not releasing "The TMNT cartoon everyone remembers" would definitely push them into super-villain territory.

4Kids, conversely, is "The Forgotten Show" or "The Boring Show" since it had no overt comedy and no Bebop and Rocksteady. Even before Nick bought it and buried it, it sadly never had much of a range outside of hardcore fans, and a lot of people still don't know it ever existed. They MIGHT know, if Nick had any interest in pushing it, but they don't.

So while I disagree with their notion that there simply isn't any money to be made from pushing the 4Kids show, I can kind of see where they're coming from. I think it's wrong-headed and shortsighted, but in this case they can make a very minor case for not bothering.

I just think it's stupid of them to leave money on the table. Any money is better than No Money. but as I've said elsewhere, Nick/Viacom is stuck in "Big Money or No Money" mode when it comes to TMNT.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:42 AM   #14
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Keep the brand alive, keep the customers happy - bam! legacy continues and secure longevity. Such simple logic.

Yep. It’s their own loss because there’s demand there but they neglect it.
Making profit makes too much sense for a business like Nick
Old 10-07-2020, 01:57 PM   #15
Disasterbeast
Mouser

I'm actually several months deep into a personal HD Remaster project. I bought seasons 1-5 + Turtles Forever uncut on DVD, didn't bother with season 7 as those are way over priced. But anyways I finally got a computer that's able to process the heavy GPU work load required to upscale the episodes.

Here's a example of the quality improvement, on the left is DVD sourced file, on the right is the Upscaled rendered file, click on the image to see the full sized screenshot. Resolution is at 1920x1440 for the final rendered episode.

As you can see, the colors are more vibrant and the black outlines pop more to show more definition.

It takes a whopping 3 days to render a 23 minute episode, so it'll take me a little over a month to complete one season. I've taken out the intro theme and outro theme on every episode to help cut down on rendering time.

Anyways, I did all this because I'm tired of waiting for nick to do anything with this series, its obvious they have zero plans to do anything. So I'll do it myself. BTW, the Monster Island Blu rays mentioned above are the best option for now, but if you can wait...
Disasterbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 02:36 PM   #16
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Is this a joke?

Or are my eyes really that bad?

They look the same to me.
Old 10-07-2020, 03:30 PM   #17
Disasterbeast
Mouser

Maybe this will help.

https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/6895
Disasterbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 04:05 PM   #18
neatoman
Emperor

That's pretty neat. It's obviously flawed because you don't have access to the original project files (if they even still exist), but it looks fine for what you can do with a DVD master. Update us when season 1 is done!
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:05 PM   #19
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

I doubt my crappy laptop could render such a thing, even a min of 3 days for a single episode so...
Old 10-09-2020, 06:51 AM   #20
The Good Side
Mouser

Are those iTunes and pluto episodes have bumpers?
Do they have side-by side credits / outro ?
The Good Side is offline   Reply With Quote