The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-19-2021, 06:21 AM   #8881
Leo656
The Franchise

Jesus.

That's all I got.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:50 AM   #8882
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Thanks guys. I just needed to get that out, I'm a wreck right now. I'm sitting here in the break room crying over my blueberry muffin, don't know how I'm going to get through the day.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 03:27 PM   #8883
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Egads, Duckie, so sorry you and your husband have had to go through that. Hope him (and you!) a speedy recovery and no more issues with it.

If it was bad enough to make him ill, was he not feeling any pain from it? He's lucky to have you to push him to go to the ER.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:29 PM   #8884
Leo656
The Franchise

Woke up with either a cold or a sinus infection. Dammit. Couldn't happen at a worse time, I'm supposed to wrestle this Saturday.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:44 AM   #8885
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Egads, Duckie, so sorry you and your husband have had to go through that. Hope him (and you!) a speedy recovery and no more issues with it.

If it was bad enough to make him ill, was he not feeling any pain from it? He's lucky to have you to push him to go to the ER.

Well it was a pressure lesion on the bottom of the same foot that had been previously half amputated, and he has severe neuropathy in both feet, so most of the time, he can't feel anything in his feet at all, and the rest of the time, he has pain flare ups from that. So it wouldn't have been able to tell there was an infection, since it wasn't visible (being under the surface of the edges where it was supposed to be healing) and the only indication of anything was a strong foot odor (though really more like a wet dog).

As an update, he is going to be going into rehab for the foot, and hopefully fitted with a prosthesis soon. Meanwhile, my morbidly humorous brain keeps running scenarios of someone attempting to steal his fake foot, while the song A Little Priest from Sweeney Todd keeps bouncing around in my head.... Watched it with some clanmates from my Runescape clan on discord last night, (and I sang along with that song, not realizing my mic was on) and we all were laughing over that, so had a much needed bit of levity and relief.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 02:21 PM   #8886
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Gottcha. Glad it was caught before it could take more than the foot.

I hope we never see a time when antibiotics are no longer useful and if it ever happens after our time, I feel real bad for the people who are alive then. Having had my share of a couple excruciatingly painful infections (but not to the point of making me ill, just painful to the point of wanting to shoot myself), that would be a horrible way to go if it couldn't be cured.

Grind... Walmart. The stock room has been a mess since two weeks ago with mountains of boxes, a lot of them these "return" boxes piled up and I'm not sure what that's about, and being unable to find my own shipments because they can't be bothered to put them on my shelf even though I could get to it today.

So I've now got two boxes that should be there, but who the hell knows where. I suspect they might be with the boxes belonging to my fellow vendor from a competitor company, and her stuff is impossibly blocked by this nonsense so I'm sure she's probably fuming. Kind of wish she'd been there today so we could at least trade annoyed comments about it...

Once I gave up on my hunt I went to at least fix up my small section and, naturally, I found that some idiot who deserves to be hit thought it was a good idea to set off some party popper or confetti thing... so there was confetti all over everything. Not the first time this has happened. Better than the effing silly string (that stuff sticks well and stains upon drying) but not by much. Add in the fact that people love to seal things and jam the remaining package garbage among my stuff. Damn I just hate people sometimes.

No other choice than to try to brush it all out of my stuff and onto the floor and Walmart can enjoy sweeping up after their stupid customer. They need to lock up some of that nonsense like they do the spray paint...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-20-2021 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:02 PM   #8887
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
A grind a week in the making....

It finally happened. We've always been afraid of something like this, but last weekend Mr D. became very sick, throwing up everything he ate or drank from late Friday evening on. When he was still sick early Monday morning, I decided to call in to work and stay with him to keep an eye on his blood pressure and sugar. I suggested he go to the er, as I was worried that he might have had a bad reaction to the Covid shot, but he didn't agree to do so until around noon Tuesday, after I had again called in. He was admitted that afternoon, and they ran several tests. It wasn't Covid or a reaction to the shot. It was, in fact, a deep abscess infection in the pressure wound on his foot. There had been no sign of it on the surface, but apparently it was hidden between the layers of the wound opening, under the edges where it was trying to heal. And it was bad enough that it formed a fluidic fistula that opened another hole and was oozing fluid from the side. In addition to bleeding almost constantly after they did surgery to open it up and clean it out.

So, long story short, he has now lost the rest of his foot, as they had to do an emergency surgery to amputate it because they were unable to save it due to the infection being so deep and having spread so far. He's still in the hospital recovering, and I've been home alone most of the week since visitation hours are very limited, and I had to work the rest of the week after calling in for two days. They even somehow convinced me to work Saturday to make up one of my lost days, even though I have been mentally and physically exhausted from going to and from work AND the hospital three days this week. Plus doing regular errands like grocery shopping. Spent the rest of the time just trying to distract myself from everything going on, but it's not working very well. The only bright side was that one of our other drive through girls was out all week (also in hospital for leg surgery, oddly enough) so I was able to do back window most of the time where it is less stressful. Still tired and mentally stressed, though.
Damn. As a complete stranger I just want to say I'm so sorry you had to go through this. It must be exhausting to no end but I see you guy's are o.k for the most part and that your husband will be fine to some extent. You are a very strong partner for him and you are a strong person. I wish you the best going foward with this situation.

I'm sorry I'm not very good with these type of talks, being a motivator isn't one of my strong suits....Im more of a sarcstic prick.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:14 PM   #8888
Leo656
The Franchise

Had to officially call off the Saturday show today, thus forfeiting my Tag Title shot. Because those come around everyday and everything. I'm just WAY too sick and getting worse. "Just" a severe sinus infection, but whoop-de-f*cking-doo.

And even though she's not sick - she generally doesn't GET sick, meanwhile I get sick enough for any five people - since my wife and I have been "in contact" she's not allowed to be there to do the ringside videography, either. I understand it but she's really disappointed. Just glad she's not mad at me, or at least not acting like it.

I don't know why this had to happen Now, right before the biggest show of the year, and not next week when it wouldn't matter. I worked my ass off for this. Boss says don't worry about it and we'll make it up down the line but I've heard that before, so... we'll see.

Also, second time I've gotten sick inside of four months despite hardly going anywhere and wearing my stupid mask every time I do, so Obligatory "Masks Don't Do Sh*t" Comment Here.

This sucks. I'm pissed off and I can't breathe and I'm coughing up blood and my hip hurts from laying in bed all day and I can't sleep anymore because I keep choking AND I have to miss a huge booking on top of it all. Bullsh*t.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:12 PM   #8889
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wow, that sucks and talk about terrible timing. Hope it starts clearing up soon or you're able to get that checked out.
Old 04-22-2021, 04:47 AM   #8890
Leo656
The Franchise

Thanks. 'Preciate ya.

It'll clear up. I was able to eat a lot yesterday after not being able to eat at all the day before, so that's a good sign. Some of the garbage is breaking up but it's still coming out all red, bloody and infected. But at least it's moving. And most of the aches and pains are gone, and I was able to sleep better last night. So I think the worst might be just about over.

I don't go to the doctor unless I think I'm gonna die. My wife's mother had some antibiotics left over so I just took those. This sh*t always clears up in a week or two with or without, anyway. Back when I used to get this sh*t every 3-4 weeks I was spending so much money on doctors and pills that it just stopped being worth it anymore. What pisses me off is that I hadn't gotten this sick in a couple'a years and now here it is again. Blech. Was kinda hoping to be done with this. Colds are one thing but a full-blown infection is like "just shoot me in the head" kinda sh*t.

The flip side being, back in December I had a nasty cold that hung around and lingered for about six weeks until the end of January, but I didn't get AS sick. Not sure what's "better" or "worse". I just hope THIS one doesn't linger for that long. Guess we'll find out.

This must be what I get in exchange for all those negative Covid tests. God be like, "Well, I'm not gonna give you THAT, but I gotta give you SOMETHING. And it's gonna be a big disruptive pain in the ass anyways."

Old 04-22-2021, 11:39 AM   #8891
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Do you usually get the blood part happening with it...? Think I'd be freaking out a little (on the inside) if I saw that when sick.

Believe I've read in the past that some cases of bronchitis (chronic?) or other lung infections might cause that? Have had a likely case of bronchitis in the past and know that mess does suck, if that's what it is by chance, and lingers way too long. (No blood for me, but one lung did squeak if I tried to take a deeper breath...)

Well, get well soon, whatever it is!
Old 04-22-2021, 12:21 PM   #8892
Leo656
The Franchise

Aw yeah. Forever. That's one of the telltale distinctive signs between "just a cold" and a sinus infection. Either way there's congestion and stuffiness, aches and headaches and whatnot, but the red/bloody discharge is how you know which one it is.

Basically, the congestion becomes so bad and so thick that the blood vessels in the sinus cavity and the lungs start to break from the pressure on them, so whereas with a cold you'd have a "normal" yellow/green sort of mucous discharge even if there's a lot of it, with a full-blown infection everything comes out various shades of pink to red and sometimes even streaked with visible blood. Sometimes a minor cold can turn into a more serious infection, and you'll notice because the discharge will start to turn from yellow to a cloudy pink, often accompanied by a hard scratchy feeling in the throat and sinus cavity. If that feeling and discolored discharge persists even though you can still breathe a little bit, it means there's already something inflaming the respiratory tract.

That's how I knew back on Sunday that I was gonna get hit hard with something; I could breathe fine, but I was really scratchy and even though I only had a little bit of mucous coming up, it was a pinkish white which meant there was already something nasty going on. If I was "just" getting a cold the discharge would have been more yellow. Sure enough, I woke up Monday and couldn't breathe at all, and everything was coming out red, some of it pretty bloody. I can pretty much predict this stuff at the earliest symptoms, by now.

Another big - and pretty gross - difference between "cold mucous" and "infection mucous" is that the red sh*t comes out HOT. Like on the rare occasion when I can blow my nose enough to get anything out, not only is it all red but it's so warm you can feel the heat through the tissue. Nasty sh*t.

I can see how it would be pretty scary for most people - my wife used to think I was exaggerating how bad it was when I'd get sick, until one day I got fed up with her picking on me about it and showed her what was in the tissue after I blew my nose; she almost screamed, and after that she never pestered me again about getting sick. But by this point I'm over it, because it's been happening literally my whole life. It probably hit the worst in my teens and 20s, because for whatever reason I was getting these infections almost every month or two, until for whatever reason a few years ago it started slowing down and this is actually the first one I've had this bad in a long time, like a couple of years. So like yeah, it's terrible and gross and disgusting and to this day when I describe it to people, some people refuse to believe that's even a thing that can happen because it's never happened to them. But after a couple of hundred times it's like "Okay, great. Let's just get this sh*t over with, AGAIN."

For whatever reason, I've rarely, like hardly ever in my life had a "cold". I've had a few - also bronchitis, pneumonia, This and That - but only a few here or there, whereas I've had This Sh*t happen a LOT. Which is crazy since most people tell me they've never had anything like this happen to them even once. Just "lucky", I guess.

Point of fact, while I've struggled openly with depression I'm generally not what one would call a "depressed" person. But when This Sh*t was going on every few weeks for about ten straight years... yeah, I can't even lie, I very frequently thought about killing myself. I mean when it was at a point when I was spending about three months out of a year sick in bed bringing up blood, constantly worried about a stiff breeze getting me sick again, and then sure enough having it happen like clockwork... well, it felt like "living" was just a big waste of time and I was pretty sick of it. THANKFULLY, it hasn't been that bad in a very long time and hopefully never will be again. And since it stopped happening so often, my entire attitude has changed significantly. But it's hard to explain it adequately for anyone who hasn't lived through it. It was f*cking horrible.

Right Now isn't so bad, though; at least it doesn't happen as often AND seems to pass more quickly than it used to. Like there were a few that hung around for two weeks or so, but this one seems like it's already through the worst of it. I'll probably be over it right after the weekend, just in time to miss the goddamn show. I can deal with just about anything so long as it's only a few days. I was able to do a saline flush this morning and it kinda worked, which is a good sign because it means that the congestion went down enough for liquid to pass through; the last few days that wasn't working at all. And I can blow my nose a little bit, which means sh*t's breaking up. When it's really infected, forget it, it's like concrete in there and all you can do is suffer with it. So I'm pretty sure I turned the corner. Just pissed about the timing. Why not last week or next week? Why NOW? Just my luck, I guess.

But nah, the only thing that ever actually SCARED me about being sick, was this one time I had an infection and got so congested that mucous was coming out through my tear ducts. No sh*t! I woke up, couldn't open my eyes, they were like crusted shut... forced 'em open, went to the bathroom, looked in the mirror and it no sh*t looked like someone drew all over my eyes with a yellow highlighter. Just yellow streaks all over them. I rubbed my eyes and literally ended up pulling these long strands of snot out of my tear ducts. THAT was screwy because I had no idea that was even a thing that could happen. Knock on wood, so far that only happened the one time, but I'll definitely never forget it.

So yeah, this is the "fun" sh*t that I get to deal with while everybody else just gets a cold every now and then. Anyways, I'll live, I appreciate your support and concern.
------------

Also, Happy Birthday, by the way. I said something on FB but I don't know how often you bother checking it anymore.

Old 04-22-2021, 02:55 PM   #8893
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
But nah, the only thing that ever actually SCARED me about being sick, was this one time I had an infection and got so congested that mucous was coming out through my tear ducts.
Good god, someone hold the man down, I think we just need to rinse him out with bleach right quick.

Quote:
Also, Happy Birthday, by the way. I said something on FB but I don't know how often you bother checking it anymore.
Thanks! Yeah, not that often, for the time being, since it unfortunately got painfully slow for my browser. I mostly use what I think is a mobile version of their messenger (but via computer) and don't check the main page very often anymore. I do intend on fighting with it later though and check. Don't want any birthday wishers thinking they were ignored or anything.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:03 PM   #8894
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Good god, someone hold the man down, I think we just need to rinse him out with bleach right quick.
It hurts to laugh at the moment, but it's you so I'll let it slide. That was good.

Hope your Birthday is going well.

Old 04-22-2021, 03:43 PM   #8895
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Cushy new desk chair, got a few rare April snowflakes, waiting for Applebee's delivery... yeah, so far so good.

Wasn't able to get my fave drink, that I haven't had for a couple of years, since it's not available for delivery after all, so I guess that's technically an appropriate grind for the tread, but I'll live.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:49 PM   #8896
Leo656
The Franchise

Well the "gift" I sent to your FB page might suffice then. Glad it's going alright.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:21 PM   #8897
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

And thanks again for the b-day wish there.

Grind... bedtime soon and getting a little nervous about the vaccination tomorrow. Grateful I was able to grab an appointment, but I wish for those of us with a fear of needles they could just, I dunno, use a dart gun instead. lol Just shoot you in the ass cheek before you're expecting it and be done with it.

edit: Looked at an article about "conquering needle phobia" for this vaccine, and of course at the top of the page they used an image of someone holding a needle and about to put it into someone's arm. Someone didn't think that through too well...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-22-2021 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:29 AM   #8898
Leo656
The Franchise

So a couple of weeks ago, I bought a bunch of downloadable games and DLC for various Xbox games I had, and then I abruptly got an "Error" message saying that my account had been blocked from purchasing any more content. I'm assuming that this was because I'd spent about $50-60 bucks on a series of small transactions within a single hour, and thus Microsoft is trying to "protect" me from either spending like a drunken sailor or making sure my account wasn't hacked. Very annoying, but whatever.

But apparently, I can't fix the problem. I figured I'd just call Customer Support and speak to someone to get it resolved, but of COURSE since it's 2021 and things have "progressed" so much there's no way to speak to an actual human being. I go online and click through the Support tabs, where they advertise that they can "arrange a Call or Online Chat", input my issue... SURPRISE, there IS no Call or Chat for this specific problem. I tell them I'm getting a payment error message - Error 80153021 for anyone interested - and of COURSE that Error number isn't one of the selectable options. When I look up that error message, it says it means I have an "Outstanding Balance" on my Microsoft Account, but that's not possible. I don't have anything recurring with them, all I've ever done is make occasional DLC purchases on a prepaid debit card. It says I can try using an alternate payment method, but I don't have one.

This is a situation in which I MUST speak to an actual person in order to resolve the issue, but OF COURSE that simply isn't possible because everything now operates on the oh-so-wonderful online automated system, where you have to select your issue from a series of boxes and if it can't be resolved then Oh F*cking Well.

Guess I'm stuck having to buy those stupid Microsoft Points cards for any future DLC purchases. At least they still make them. But still, this is infuriating, and the fact that their Support Network is useless is simply unacceptable.

Old 04-28-2021, 04:50 PM   #8899
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Don't ya love it. Trying to get customer service for Boost Mobile and had to resort to posting on their community forum last night after not being able to simply find a direct contact.

Luckily it looks like someone who I assume is staff did reply, but not keeping my fingers crossed because it looks like others had the same issue and was a pain and no sure if they ever got it resolved. It might be some cruddy thing they're doing to the low cost prepaid plan people they inherited from Virgin Mobile...

Aka why the hell am I getting all these incoming text charges more than once a day, as seen on the payment history on their site, when they DON'T show up on my phone and it's just eating away at my prepaid balance... Not right.

My other grind is (still) my Walmart. I don't know what the hell happened with that place but their backroom has been a wreck for a few weeks and they aren't bothering to put the vendor/rep shipments where they normally go. It's cleared out enough now that I can at least get to my normal designated spot this week and last, but they aren't bothering to put my stuff there. Even a woman working back there yesterday said people were just throwing stuff anywhere.

Yesterday I was able to finally fine my oldest missing box from three weeks ago, in some other nearby aisle and under some other random boxes, plus a small one, but one that had come just the day before? Nope. You'd think it would be on the surface somewhere and visible. They COULD have just stuck it up on my self! But of course there is Redbull and other crap there now. Wtf.

At least I ran into my fellow vendor for our competitor and could discuss that mess with her since she shares my annoyance, if not more-so because she has far more work to do there than I do, and has already had her own supervisor in once to talk to people at Walmart about this. Mine intends on also stopping in there soon.

Just so frustrating and ridiculous as it cuts into our limited time we are given to get our own jobs done if we're having to waste our time even trying to find our stuff to begin with.

I don't want to assume, but I'd been told they'd gotten some new manager in and going by the timing it really does seem to have gone to hell since that one showed up.

Haven't met that new woman myself yet, though she's given my competitor a hard time about using the shopping carts. Typical manager type getting nitpicky over the stupidest stuff possible instead of focusing on what's important. She wants us to use their regular big stockroom cart things instead, that I really never see available because their own staff need them of course, and my own shipments are usually only one or two boxes, not enough to use their stockroom carts, but they're often heavy enough that I at least need something put put it in.

I still use a regular shopping cart as of now and I swear, if I run into her and she says something... she can screw off with that considering how they are right now negatively impacting our ability to do OUR jobs.

One of these days I may do their post-purchase survey and make a comment saying for managers to please remember that vendors are also customers, often buying things on the way out. Because they were as hell seem to forget and fail to treat their vendors with any respect.

That was long... But that and other work frustrations definitely made yesterday one of those days you just want to say screw it and burn down the world.
Old 04-29-2021, 05:18 PM   #8900
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Trying to get across the issue I'm having to Boost Mobile's people, so being a phone company you KNOW that is going to be pure crap.

I've got all these repeated charges for text messages that don't make any sense, and often two or three times a day. Yet NONE of these have shown up on my phone.

Just had one of their people tell me "The Text M20 are text messages sent from your phone to out of network which you are charge 0.15."

Pardon? So he ignored that in the info that I showed them they are listed as INCOMING texts. And the big problem is I don't send texts on this phone. It's a little flip phone that is very limited on the length of text messages it can get so there is little point in using that feature. (Not to mention it's a pain in the ass to type it out with the keypad.)

And the only ones I'd ever get, besides reminders from now former Virgin Mobile to top up (don't get those anymore), are spam, but the text section of my phone is empty. So even if I'm being spammed it isn't coming through... which means I can't see the damn number and can't try to block it and they are just draining my balance and I have no power to make it stop. Cute.

First texts I've even sent on this thing in MONTHS was to and from my email address just to test it that it CAN receive it and it isn't somehow broken somewhere... it got those just fine (at no cost), so WTF are these other charges about.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-29-2021 at 05:24 PM.