The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 01-14-2022, 06:16 PM   #181
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Post 135: There is just something very hilarious about seeing a bunch of thugs getting beaten up, followed by them enjoying pizza dumplings mere seconds later.

Post 136: Well, I'm glad they got a happy ending. Making them huge threats again wouldn't make such sense, so it's good to see that their (I presume) final appearance has them going on vacation, finally a fate better than being cannon fodder for the turtles.
Also, I fell for that, I thought Leo was serious about becoming a turtle again. Good job at subverting expectations throughout your comics, keeps things fresh and interesting.
And its nice to see Baxter's mom making an appearance. Although Baxter has no right to survive his back broken, something tells me we might not have seen the last of him, will he get another chance and reunite with his mother?

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:57 PM   #182
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Post 105: Kuro sure looks intimidating in that cover.
https://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i...4a99/clean.jpg
The actual Spider-man cover I used as reference, this was a lot of work.
Quote:
Post 106: Even a weakened Karai can effortlessly take on the Purple Dragons, shows how far they have fallen since the beginning of the show. I remember a time when they actually used to give the turtles trouble.
Not really, even at their very first appearance in the show, they got the Turtles mopping the floor with them. Things got a lot dicier after Xever and Bradford got involved.
Quote:
Post 109: When Casey Jones speaks in this comic post-mutation, I always imagine him speaking with the voice of 2003 Casey and it feels very fitting. Also, is the reveal of Kuro as Bradford supposed to be an homage to the early episodes of the 2012 show when Bradford would wear a Shredder-esque mask?
Not just that but he pretty much revealed it at his first appearance using words that Bradford used in the series itself.
Here are all the hints I put in this story which betray who Kuro is.

- In page 52 he tells Leonardo that he's searching for a "Man-sized turtle" which is how Bradford described the turtles in "Never say Xever"

- Again in Page 52, he says that he has Dogpound's mutant powers but is no clone, which he isn't, he's a human being. And he says to Leo that there's "No reason to keep you alive" which is what Dogpound said to Mikey and Donnie in "Mousers attack"

- Page 58. Leo says to Toshiro that he feels uneasy being in the Dojo where Bradford trained.

- Page 62. Rad Brad tells Mikey that he's not a regular clone but a true human being, confirming that Kuro is too.

- Page 67. Rad Brad says about the mutagen cure, that it will cure anything. Including incineration.

- Page 83. Kuro appears at Toshiro's dojo and apparently knows his way around the place pretty well, confirming what Rad Brad said in page 62 about Kuro being exactly like the real Chris Bradford and thus having the latter's memories too.

- Page 87. Again, seeing as how Kuro knows his way around the Dojo, despite never actually having been there. And the fact that he addresses Toshiro as "Sensei"

- Page 88. In "New friend, old enemy" Chris Bradford is seen kicking a defeated Foot Soldier when he's down, something that Kuro tells Toshiro he has no moral issues about doing so himself.

Quote:
Post 119: I forgot Cockroaches can fly, that's horrifying. The tmnt are lucky that June is their ally rather than their enemy.
I haven't used June that much but there is some potential with her ability which I should work more with, There's a page in the more recent chapters where she shows just how terrifying her roach army can be.

Quote:
Post 126: The Timothy clones may not be the brightest, but they make up for it in raw strength. That'll probably come in handy later on.
Ask an angler on how long it takes to reel in a carp, they put up a real fight for a fish that's one fifth of a human being size wise. Transfer that strength into a human body and see how powerful they become.
Quote:
Post 127: So the Timothy clones are good builders too. Also, funny Raph face when Karai confronts him.
I figured Timothy to be the kind of nerdy guy who builds scale models and being very meticulous about that. The clones would still have a lot of his personality traits, But this time with the actual skills and power to fully back it up.

Quote:
Post 128: Leo and Karai immediately beginning to swordfight each other upon meeting in a long time is very in-character, indeed. Also, Karai's breakdown is understandable, she sure has had a rough life.
Everybody has their breaking point. But there's something else going on which also explains her outburst, something which I hinted on a couple of times in the previous chapter you reviewed.

Quote:
Post 131: Stockman should've seen the betrayal coming from the slimy alien race bent on destroying all of humanity. Once a Kraang, always a Kraang.
Oh he saw it coming alright as the next chapters will elaborate. That Karai clone which opened her eyes as Stockman closed his forever is proof of it.

Quote:
Post 135: There is just something very hilarious about seeing a bunch of thugs getting beaten up, followed by them enjoying pizza dumplings mere seconds later.
The Turtles aren't righteous heroes, even though Leo would want them to be. A pay out to have the Dragons out of their hair would be more of a Mafioso thing to do but it accomplishes the same goal.

Quote:
Post 136: Well, I'm glad they got a happy ending. Making them huge threats again wouldn't make such sense, so it's good to see that their (I presume) final appearance has them going on vacation, finally a fate better than being cannon fodder for the turtles.
For sure I'm going to include of picture of the Dragons wearing Mickey Mouse hats at some time in the story. God, writing that dialog of them wanting to go to Disneyland was so much fun.
Hun: DISNEYLAND? Are you guys eight years old or what? ....Can I come too?
Quote:
Also, I fell for that, I thought Leo was serious about becoming a turtle again. Good job at subverting expectations throughout your comics, keeps things fresh and interesting.
And its nice to see Baxter's mom making an appearance. Although Baxter has no right to survive his back broken, something tells me we might not have seen the last of him, will he get another chance and reunite with his mother?
It wasn't just his back broken, Kraang Subprime pierced him below his ribs at the right side of his stomach, which is where all the vital organs are, basically disemboweling him. That alone is a very painful way of dying, the back breaking was an act of mercy on Kraang Subprime's part.

As for his mom, you'll see in due time.

Quote:
On a general note out of curiosity, do you have an ending planned for this story as of now, or are you coming up with ideas as you go along?
It's a combination of both really, I have the ending very much mapped out but as I'm getting there I constantly adjust the plot when something better enters my mind.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 01-14-2022 at 08:06 PM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 01:35 PM   #183
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Having done that concept drawing of Yarruhk as a Dimension X trained warrior made me go "Why would she end up there in the first place?"

And then I KNEW!

It was fun to have Pawn use PROPER French here. his role in the series reminded me of Officer Crabtree in "Allo allo"
Old 01-19-2022, 10:19 AM   #184
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Well, I'm trucking along with my TMNT fancomic and I figured to have Gator tooth Sphere, my Avatar the last Airbender/ Dragon Ball Z mashup, make a return.

And I figured that what that series needed was a counterpart to Toph Beifong and so I thought one up.

- Dolph, short for "Dolphin" which ties in nicely with the characters having Cetacean names.
- Blind but has her eyes obscured by her hair
- As a reference to the "Ember island players" episode, she'll have the ability to see using sonar, which again ties in to the GTS' character's whale names.

As another sneak preview, I'm also working on GTS versions of Jet and the Freedom fighters, which if everything goes well, shall be uploaded soon after this upload.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:29 PM   #185
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Well here we are, the Jet and the Freedom Fighters, counterparts I mentioned in my "Dolph" concept art.

So they're not named after whales, so they're not Megapterans. Instead I named them after Jet Fighter planes.
- Jet: Plane, I guess I don't need to explain that.
- Smellerbee; Mirage, named after the French Dassault Mirage fighter series, known for their delta wing configuration.
- Longshot: Harrier, after the famed "Jump Jet" the Hawker Harrier, vertical take off jet fighter.
- Sneers; Tomcat after the Grumman F-14 Tomcat, the legendary swing wing fighter.
- Pipsqueak: Gnat, after the British Folland Gnat, the smallest jet Fighter ever to enter service.
- The Duke: Flagon, named after the enormous Sukhoi Su-15, the biggest jet fighter to ever enter service.

As for why their squad is called the F-5 Force, they're named after the Northrop F-5 Freedom Fighter, which makes the circle round again.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:21 AM   #186
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Time to continue our story.

Yarruhk has just pointed out the flaws in the Utrom high council's attack plan, so what would she suggest they do instead?

For those of you who don't know a thing about planes. THIS is the plane Rook gave to Yarruhk to use for her mission.
Old 01-29-2022, 01:47 PM   #187
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

So Yarruhk has been given a plane of 88 years old to do her mission with.

But did the Utrom high council actually do her favor with that that plane? Perhaps they did after all.

Old 01-31-2022, 04:37 PM   #188
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Yesterday, I bought myself a new set of professional felt tip pens and this is the first time I used them, I'm not quite sure if I'll stick with them since they're a bit harder to get the color and the shade right.

Anyway, here's Kendra running from her gang members who have been Kraang-i-fied.
Old 01-31-2022, 04:44 PM   #189
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
Not really, even at their very first appearance in the show, they got the Turtles mopping the floor with them. Things got a lot dicier after Xever and Bradford got involved.
Huh, I watched that episode again and turns out you're right. I guess I confused them with the advanced foot bots or Hun after not having watched the first season for nearly a decade lol

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-31-2022, 05:34 PM   #190
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Post 140: I'm guessing Pigeon Pete's words indicate that Baxter is still alive in some shape and form? Maybe he is a brain and an eyeball in a container after his body was destroyed like the 2k3 series?

Post 141: Huh, turns out I just had to go forward one page and my question has been answered. Clever disguise.

Post 148: April sure looks different there.

Post 150: Ouch, she's gonna have her eyes gouged out but at the same time, its funny how she readily agrees it to it once her personality is kept intact. I'm no professional, but I'm assuming she'll need a huge load of painkillers or be unconscious during the procedure if she doesn't want to experience a world of pain.

Post 153: Wow, Leo giving Raph the leadership mantle is something that I didn't expect. Those two have come a long way since the beginning when they would often fight.
Also, seeing Leo leave the team seems like the logical thing to do considering that Leo's gonna be a dad but dammit, still bittersweet. Also, uh-oh, I see an interrogation or even an execution from Kuro incoming, he isn't the least bit amused.

Post 154: The best cover you've made to date. Excellent work dude.
Nice to see Yarruk's snake powers here, especially since Karai herself seemed to stop using them for the most part as the series progressed.

Post 160: I see what you did there, changing the real Karai's design also made her easy to tell appart from Yarruhk.

Post 162: Honestly good to see Baxter welcomed into the turtles team, even if he is in the form of Yarruhk, since Baxter never seems to catch a break from misery. Now all I hope is that Baxter doesn't double-cross the turtles which will surely come back to bite him, maybe even literally.

Post 166: Nothing like delivering a super serious message in a super ridiculous outfit . Also, seems that the big bad is now im town, surely its going to be a "huge" event, seeing as Kraang-Prime is on the cover of your story.
I always felt Kraang-Prime got shafted in the show at the end of season 3 despite being built up as such a huge threat, so its great to see fans such as you giving him the spotlight. Heck, that's partly what inspired me to write my own fic, "Codename Unstoppable: The Mutagen Bomb Story", as I wanted to make a story that gives Kraang Prime and Subprime a proper send off.

Post 167: The thought of Shredder buying that outfit for Karai is downright hysterical. No way that even Shredder of all people did that with a straight face.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 01-31-2022 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-31-2022, 07:06 PM   #191
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Post 140: I'm guessing Pigeon Pete's words indicate that Baxter is still alive in some shape and form? Maybe he is a brain and an eyeball in a container after his body was destroyed like the 2k3 series?

Post 141: Huh, turns out I just had to go forward one page and my question has been answered. Clever disguise.
To be honest, when I thought Yarruhk up, it was my intention of her being Baxter Stockman but the more I began using her in the story, the more she developed into her own being, I ended up embracing it.

Ordering 200 pizzas and putting it on the Kraang's tab, not only was a funny scene to write but it pretty much established Yarruhk's personality.

Quote:
Post 148: April sure looks different there.
Yeah, having narrowly avoided being blown to bits, can change the look of a girl.

Quote:
Post 150: Ouch, she's gonna have her eyes gouged out but at the same time, its funny how she readily agrees it to it once her personality is kept intact. I'm no professional, but I'm assuming she'll need a huge load of painkillers or be unconscious during the procedure if she doesn't want to experience a world of pain.
She does wake up in a hospital bed, so she was put down and having spend three years in a stasis chamber also allows a body enough time to heal.

Quote:
Post 153: Wow, Leo giving Raph the leadership mantle is something that I didn't expect. Those two have come a long way since the beginning when they would often fight.
Also, seeing Leo leave the team seems like the logical thing to do considering that Leo's gonna be a dad but dammit, still bittersweet. Also, uh-oh, I see an interrogation or even an execution from Kuro incoming, he isn't the least bit amused.
Kuro and "Ray Ogun" will have their showdown, you can be sure of that.

Quote:
Post 154: The best cover you've made to date. Excellent work dude.
Nice to see Yarruk's snake powers here, especially since Karai herself seemed to stop using them for the most part as the series progressed.
Karai's snake form is a BITCH to draw, which is also why I keep it in a more humanoid form.

Quote:
Post 160: I see what you did there, changing the real Karai's design also made her easy to tell appart from Yarruhk.
Actually, the original reason for her to change her look was so she wouldn't be confused with all the other Karai clones and so she and Leo could travel to Japan unnoticed. But it's a trip to have Karai and Yarruhk side by side.

Quote:
Post 162: Honestly good to see Baxter welcomed into the turtles team, even if he is in the form of Yarruhk, since Baxter never seems to catch a break from misery. Now all I hope is that Baxter doesn't double-cross the turtles which will surely come back to bite him, maybe even literally.
Yarruhk has everything to lose and if she wants to fulfill Baxter's wish to have a villa in France, she ought to know better than to betray the ones she surrendered to.

Quote:
Post 166: Nothing like delivering a super serious message in a super ridiculous outfit . Also, seems that the big bad is now im town, surely its going to be a "huge" event, seeing as Kraang-Prime is on the cover of your story.
I always felt Kraang-Prime got shafted in the show at the end of season 3 despite being built up as such a huge threat, so its great to see fans such as you giving him the spotlight. Heck, that's partly what inspired me to write my own fic, "Codename Unstoppable: The Mutagen Bomb Story", as I wanted to make a story that gives Kraang Prime and Subprime a proper send off.
There's something HUGE coming up and Baxter Stockman will get the ultimate revenge on Subprime but you'll have to wait and see what it is.

Quote:
Post 167: The thought of Shredder buying that outfit for Karai is downright hysterical. No way that even Shredder of all people did that with a straight face.
More like Karai bought the thing herself and kept it hidden from everybody and in particular, Shredder.

But she should have went through her old stuff and dispose of some of it before handing it all over to Yarruhk.

Gah, that scene of Yarruhk in the ball gown was such a riot to write and draw.
Old 02-04-2022, 03:42 PM   #192
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

With her fellow gang members mutated and a broken ankle, there's no escape for Kendra.

Until help arrives form a very unexpected source.

I'm pretty sure Spider-man fans recognize the attack scene, it's the cover for Amazing Spider-man issue 362 as drawn by Mark Bagley.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:02 PM   #193
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Post 179: Cool business attire for Yarruhk. Reminds me of Bishop.

Post 186: I'm guessing "Where have I heard this before" refers to the season 2 episode, Vengeance is Mine, where Karai set out on her own to Kill Shredder?

Can't wait to see how you handle the Utrom High Council and Krang from the 1987 series. Now that Bishop is here too, it would also be interesting to see how he and Kraang Subprime interacted in the past, considering how the series hinted at them having a brotherly relationship.

Old 02-04-2022, 06:38 PM   #194
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Post 179: Cool business attire for Yarruhk. Reminds me of Bishop.

Post 186: I'm guessing "Where have I heard this before" refers to the season 2 episode, Vengeance is Mine, where Karai set out on her own to Kill Shredder?

Can't wait to see how you handle the Utrom High Council and Krang from the 1987 series. Now that Bishop is here too, it would also be interesting to see how he and Kraang Subprime interacted in the past, considering how the series hinted at them having a brotherly relationship.
Oh just you wait until you see the page I'm working on right now...

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 02-04-2022 at 06:47 PM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 03:05 PM   #195
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

And so the story continues.

Kendra is right, she now has a very legit reason to start shrieking.

Boy this was a LOT of work, those technodromes are very intricate.

So here's Kraang prime on a black background, looking every bit as evil as he was. There's also a lot of Skeletor in the way I depicted him here. I was thinking of leaving the eyes out but kept them in to give him that evil "I'M THE ONE KNOWN AS KRAANG!" look.

Yeah, I was looking for a reason to put in the Ghostbusters in this story, if only for a cameo. and Me being me, I used both incarnations, here's Egon Spengler from "The Real Ghostbusters" and Jessica Wray and Jake Kong from Filmation's "Ghostbusters"

You might have noticed that my signature says 2021, that was because I actually drew this page last year but so far couldn't use it into the story, until now.
Old 02-06-2022, 03:03 AM   #196
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

You could try make two more versions of the cover with Kraang Prime, one with no eyes (just black), and one where he has no pupils. I think both would be a cool addition to the already fantastic cover.

Old 02-06-2022, 04:01 AM   #197
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
You could try make two more versions of the cover with Kraang Prime, one with no eyes (just black), and one where he has no pupils. I think both would be a cool addition to the already fantastic cover.
We'll see, first I need to start drawing the chapter itself.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:15 PM   #198
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

And so the attack commences and both Egon Spengler and Jake Kong jump to their conclusions and respective anti ghost weapons right away.

Boy, those Kraang-i-fied Humans are difficult to draw.

The Kraang language on the other hand is way fun.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:27 PM   #199
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The Kraang language is so funny that I find it hard to take Bishop seriously with the same voice, even if he doesn't speak in broken English. I wish Bishop in the 2012 show had a different voice, seeing as he is supposed to be a serious character.

Old 02-14-2022, 12:38 PM   #200
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

And so we meet the big cheese. I actually looked up examples and footage of Kraang Prime to get the look right.

On the Technodrome forums, people were speculating that Kraang Subprime was the 2012 series' counterpart of 2003's Ch'rell, as they both have the scars to prove it. I liked that head canon idea and so I went with it.

Speaking of which, I said that I had an idea to flesh out the backstory of 1987' Krang, here it is.