The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-09-2021, 02:50 PM   #441
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

I think the nostrils would have worked better on a grittier, less ridiculously designed TMNT! Those films are definitely bad and the look of the turtles is the first clue! The lack of story and insistence on making yet another live-action cartoon have further cemented in the public mind that this entire franchise is for children. It shouldn't be.

Back on topic though, I am having a lot of side effects whenever I eat rice, no matter how many fibrous vegetables or bits of meatless protein I put in it. This makes me feel my age. I basically had a hard time accepting that I can no longer eat as I did in my 20's and get away with it!
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 09:34 PM   #442
Prowler
Emperor

Perhaps it's time for you to make a thread about turning 40, Cubed.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:50 AM   #443
CyberCubed
Overlord

I can't believe it's only about 5 years away for me. What the hell is going on. I remember making this thread like it was yesterday.

My 20's flashed by before my very eyes. My 30's are going by even faster.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:36 PM   #444
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I can't believe it's only about 5 years away for me. What the hell is going on. I remember making this thread like it was yesterday.

My 20's flashed by before my very eyes. My 30's are going by even faster.
I've only turned 30 about 5 months ago, and am already wondering at 40 will be like. It's odd to think I'll be 39 in a decade. When I was, let's say, 20-25, 40 still felt like a long way to go.

Life began speeding up around 18. Then it sped up again at 22. Would you believe I barely noticed or remember being 23 and 24? It was like I was 21 one day and next day I was suddenly 25.

The transition to 30 was easier than expected, though. I guess by the time I'm 38-39, I won't care much about turning 40 either.
Old 03-12-2021, 06:32 AM   #445
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Lol, relax, guys. It's not that bad. Just a little depressing at times.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 08:42 AM   #446
CyberCubed
Overlord

When you realize we all live the same finite time to about 80 years old, no matter how "young" you still feel, it's a little odd when you realize half your life is already over.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:23 AM   #447
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Things that make you feel old:

When as an adult the 2014 TMNT film doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but the young girl who played kid April in a quick flashback is (according to today's newest TMNT Google search results) already 18.

Darn kids always makin' us older.

Wow, I had no idea she was the older sister in the A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 02:13 PM   #448
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
When you realize we all live the same finite time to about 80 years old, no matter how "young" you still feel, it's a little odd when you realize half your life is already over.
Well 30x2 is 60. Granted a lot of people die before 80, but I'm not sure I'd consider half my life to be over yet. Plus, how can you be so sure you won't die in a car crash or something when you're still young?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Things that make you feel old:

When as an adult the 2014 TMNT film doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but the young girl who played kid April in a quick flashback is (according to today's newest TMNT Google search results) already 18.

Darn kids always makin' us older.

Wow, I had no idea she was the older sister in the A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix...
No need to ever go that far. Just look at these forums. Snake was what, 12 when he joined this place? How old is he now? 19?
Old 03-12-2021, 02:23 PM   #449
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hush, you. lol

It's sad that the teen years seem to take sooo long to end (and they don't even last a decade!) and then you think it's all happiness and sunshine when you get to the 20s but then it gives you whiplash how much faster that decade goes, and the rest don't slow down either.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:31 PM   #450
CyberCubed
Overlord

Probably because people spend their whole teen years in middle school and High school and people just want to grow up already. Then in your early 20's you suddenly have a lot of freedom but then you realize you actually have to do something with your adult life.

By your mid/late 20's you're supposed to have had it figured out. Of course nowadays most don't. Which is why, "30 is the new 20" became a thing. Now people treat 20-29 year olds as a second set of teenage years, and 30 is now the new 20.
Old 03-12-2021, 03:31 PM   #451
Prowler
Emperor

Because teenage years are when you start changing and your hormones are messing with your brain constantly.

You start facing the first big problems of your life when you're a teenager. Ofc, compared to adult problems those are a joke for the most part, but it's the first time you find yourself facing such issues and that can be daunting when you're only 13.

7th and especially 8th grade are both horrible years. Just any teacher what their least favourite school years to teach are.

American TV makes HS look like hell, but 7th and 8th grade were the worst years for me personally. And I notice most other Europeans I've talked to online say similar things. The bullying in those years can be pretty bad.

Around 10th grade bullying and physical fights became a thing of the past. If you got in a fight in HS it'd be the talk of the school in the next day and the people involved in said fight would be embarrassed about having taken part of it. By then you're supposed to know better.

In HS, cliques become more of a thing and all but they don't go out of their way to harass those who aren't part of their clique. At most you might overhear them talking and laughing behind your back. Everything is done in a more passive aggressive manner.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:04 PM   #452
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Ah, just wait until you are pushing 45.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 03:57 PM   #453
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

I kept telling myself, “At least you’re not 31.”
Old 07-26-2022, 06:00 PM   #454
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

What have you done...now Cubed is just going to come and rehash his puzzlement over the passage of time... lol
Old 07-27-2022, 05:27 AM   #455
CyberCubed
Overlord

I can't believe I posted this thread way back in 2014. If that doesn't make you realize how fast time goes by, then nothing will. I made this thread 8 years ago.

What the hell.
Old 05-18-2023, 12:30 PM   #456
Prowler
Emperor

I'm 32 as of today. I turn 33 in this year in November.

Honestly, it isn't that bad. The transition from 29 to 30 was way easier than I thought. Even 40 don't scare me anymore.

Plus, I've been depressed for nearly 4 years now. I have more important things to think about than my age. That's just something I can't control. I can't stop time, you know.
Old 05-18-2023, 12:50 PM   #457
Barkworm
Super Moderator

I turned 40 last month. All of my friends threw huge parties, I did the same thing as every year: nothing. Birthdays mean nothing to me.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 12:53 PM   #458
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
I turned 40 last month. All of my friends threw huge parties, I did the same thing as every year: nothing. Birthdays mean nothing to me.
I feel the same way as you. The last birthday I've celebrated was either my 17th or my 18th birthday. Sometimes I even forget my birthday. It can take me a few hours into the day and then it dawns on me "oh right, it's today. Thanks for reminding me, Facebook."

Tags
cybercubed the timemaster, cybercubed thinks deep, cybercucked, same old song and dance, sjw is the new 30