The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-23-2023, 07:31 AM   #401
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
The color page has been released.

It contains … very little sexualization. At least no one's topless …
ASAIK no one's ever been topless on that show.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 10:20 AM   #402
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Look at the Hagakure color page …

… or Toga's various instances of nudity …
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 12:01 PM   #403
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Look at the Hagakure color page …

… or Toga's various instances of nudity …
You project so many problems and insecurities, which could be resolved by simply stop clutching your ass and finding someone who actually would care about you.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 03:11 PM   #404
CyberCubed
Overlord

Posting scenes from the show to scare feminists:

Funnily enough all these scenes above are like 2-3 second scenes, My Hero Academia actually doesn't have much fanservice (other than Momo's outfit I suppose), and most of it doesn't sexualize the girls much compared to other anime.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 04:45 PM   #405
Sumac
Banned

None of those looks pervy or whatnot. Just standard anime faire and pretty tame at that. Not sure, what some people is about...on the other hand I know: they want attention for attacking [current famous thing].
Old 05-24-2023, 03:22 AM   #406
Prowler
Emperor

Thumbs up

Let papenbrook rant. It always gives us a good chance to talk about the sexy girls from My Hero Academia.

Momo Yaoyorozu is my favourite one, by far. She's beautiful and fine as hell. I really like Midnight and Ochako Uraraka as well.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 10:54 PM   #407
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

There's a considerable difference between finding the characters "cute"/endearing and highlighting certain "aspects" that you find attractive.

You can appreciate a character's overall aesthetic without using inappropriate descriptors.
Old 05-25-2023, 01:39 AM   #408
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
You can appreciate a character's overall aesthetic without using inappropriate descriptors.
What are those inappropriate descriptors? Besides, "inappropriateness" ranges from one person to another.

If you, lonely prude, find something "over the top", it doesn't mean other people do so.
Old 05-25-2023, 04:18 AM   #409
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
There's a considerable difference between finding the characters "cute"/endearing and highlighting certain "aspects" that you find attractive.

Lemme ask you something.

Why do you think there's countless good looking female anime and video game characters with nice bodies to match? What do you exactly think is the purpose of that? You think it's all just a big coincidence?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 06:47 PM   #410
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Yes, I know that they're mainly designed for a straight male audience; they're supposed to cater to the male gaze.

I still think that it's a bit … unnerving.
Old 05-25-2023, 07:16 PM   #411
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Yes, I know that they're mainly designed for a straight male audience; they're supposed to cater to the male gaze.

Personally I have no problem with it as long as the character does more than just be fanservice. All of them have some sort of personality quirk and cool super powers and cool scenes and whatnot.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 05-25-2023, 09:06 PM   #412
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's alluring that High School aged girls have the same bodies as the adult women/superheroes in the show. Like aside from say Midnight or the other adult women being taller most of the time, if you stand them next to the kids there's not much difference.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 02:18 AM   #413
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
You find it unnerving, that others find some people (fictional or real) attractive?
No offense, but just how big that inferior complex of yours, if people finding other people beautiful makes you nervous?
Old 05-26-2023, 07:41 AM   #414
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

You're on a message board where most members find April O'Neil attractive in the same manner.....

Old 05-26-2023, 08:29 AM   #415
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Why is the male gaze offensive?

There's sexual deviancy found with multiple genders
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 12:00 AM   #416
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

It's offensive because it objectifies and dehumanizes women/girls.

Don't try to defend it.
Old 06-01-2023, 01:24 AM   #417
Sumac
Banned

Quote:

Don't try to defend it.
Apparently natural sexual desire is offensive, folks!. But I bet someone like you gave a lot just for someone to look at you with desire. Lack of it explains a lot about modern feminism and some perpetually offended people.

It seems you don't understand how people work, which is not surprising. People are inherently sexual creature. Whether we like it or not, a lot of what we do and what we thing is sexual, since, like any other animal on the planet, we, even subconsciously, want to procreate.

You want to look your best and go to gym (to attract potential partner), you want better house and job (to elevate your status to have a better partner), you travel around the world (to highlight your status and wealth to better attract your partner) and so on.

What I am getting at, humans are inherently have sexual thoughts, and, yes. It means that people, women and men alike WILL check other people anyway and think of sex and sexual gratification.

Point being - there is very little objectionable about "male gaze". It is natural. And if you think there are less of "female gaze" - you are either blind or ignorant. If anything, you'd might to aim your "righteous fury" (if there is any, since I suspect you are just a lukewarm troll) at Chaturbate and the like. Because, if you think some sexy characters in manga are more objectionable and problematic than real women doing all kind of ****ed up **** for money in a public place, you have problems with your brain.
Old 06-02-2023, 10:13 AM   #418
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Don't try to defend it.
The male gaze is what makes the sex industry work. If there is no male gaze then there is no method to attract customers, thus sex work is off the table. Also, attractiveness as a social construct takes men's involvement since they are the subject being appealed to. If you remove the male gaze then the women who use attractiveness to feel powerful are left high and dry. **** off with your archaic anti-feminist views.

On a more serious note, come back when you start willingly talking about the female gaze being offensive that objectifies men to their looks, their paychecks and their labor.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 08:42 AM   #419
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Here's what the "Female Gaze" signifies …
Old 06-13-2023, 09:36 AM   #420
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
That's a long article to say 'check out a guy's musculature, his package and his bank account '.

Tags
papenbrook triggered