The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 08-26-2021, 12:05 PM   #21
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Who got supertriggered by the word "homeless"?

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 01:35 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Who got supertriggered by the word "homeless"?
Absolutely nobody. It's like all the Latin people supposedly offended by "Latino" (even though you could always still say Latina?) that nobody has ever met, yet largely pink-haired white women insist need to be spoken for with "Latinx."
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 04:25 PM   #23
Sumac
Banned

SJWs and lefties think that they by changing words we start to think of them better...though, its basically like putting cart in front of horse: you start changing feelings about the subject first, and then you can rename them into whatever you want.

Otherwise it makes as much sense as renaming "alcoholics" to "chronically addicted to water containing high amounts of alkaloids" or renaming "dead" to "questionably alive".
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 04:38 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Absolutely nobody. It's like all the Latin people supposedly offended by "Latino" (even though you could always still say Latina?) that nobody has ever met, yet largely pink-haired white women insist need to be spoken for with "Latinx."
Pretty soon hispanic will no longer be appropriate to say either, unless we say herspanic for females.

HISpanic and HERspanic will be the new norm.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 05:04 PM   #25
The Deadman
Foot Elite

THEMspanic

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 11:46 AM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

AOC accuses people of creating drama over the made-up word "Latinx" despite overwhelming opposition to the term:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/aoc-drama...ite-opposition
Old 06-06-2022, 12:40 PM   #27
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
AOC accuses people of creating drama over the made-up word "Latinx" despite overwhelming opposition to the term:

I can't stand the crazy bitch. I wouldn't kick her out of bed, but damn, she's annoying as all hell and a horrible representation for latinos.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 12:43 PM   #28
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I can't stand the crazy bitch. I wouldn't kick her out of bed, but damn, she's annoying as all hell and a horrible representation for latinos.
She is an unqualified bartender... probably an actor with someone else pulling her strings.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 12:45 PM   #29
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:

I don't care about people calling themselves 'latinx' or whatever.

I prefer latino/latina, as a latina myself. But they can do whatever they want, and if they ask me nicely, I'll call them a Ninja Turtle if they want. I just don't want people to impose these terms on me since my 'preferred pronouns' are o and a at the end of latin. Of course, many people have told me I am a Nazi bigot due to that.

But what can you do? Getting outraged by their stupidity and malice is a waste of time and energy.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 01:24 PM   #30
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
SJWs and lefties think that they by changing words we start to think of them better..
No man.

It's all just another generated-excuse for people to weaponize as an outlet for hate. Another gun in their belt - "now I can wait for someone to say 'homeless' so that if I don't like that person I can get them fired or have them socially cancelled if need-be".

It's all a lie by people like I just described above.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 01:39 PM   #31
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
No man.

It's all just another generated-excuse for people to weaponize as an outlet for hate. Another gun in their belt - "now I can wait for someone to say 'homeless' so that if I don't like that person I can get them fired or have them socially cancelled if need-be".

It's all a lie by people like I just described above.
Bingo.

It's an excuse to ostracize others, and create a hostile environment. Bullies thrive off that. And, of course, politicians, the media, and social activists also benefit from the 'sides' going at each other's jugulars. It's a win-win for those types, lose-lose for the rest.
Old 06-06-2022, 01:52 PM   #32
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Bingo.

It's an excuse to ostracize others, and create a hostile environment. Bullies thrive off that. And, of course, politicians, the media, and social activists also benefit from the 'sides' going at each other's jugulars. It's a win-win for those types, lose-lose for the rest.
Which leaves the real question, right? That is: how do we not only defeat it, but have a counter that can swiftly remove those kinds of manipulator-players from the field?

I've got my own hate. I hate people who lie in wait and sabotage others by tricks of language and witch-hunting rather than simply operating in truth. I want those people removed from the board, across the board.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 02:03 PM   #33
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Which leaves the real question, right? That is: how do we not only defeat it, but have a counter that can swiftly remove those kinds of manipulator-players from the field?

I've got my own hate. I hate people who lie in wait and sabotage others by tricks of language and witch-hunting rather than simply operating in truth. I want those people removed from the board, across the board.
The left just has to be removed from power. Let people know to just ignore their ****. That when they make up new terms, just don't use them, don't acknowledge them. And if so-and-so company gets word one of their employees used the word 'homeless' or 'woman' or whatever, their response should be 'so?' and if they go to the media that the company said that, their response should also be 'so?'.

We need to some teach people to just ignore this crazy new language the left is trying to create.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 02:45 PM   #34
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The left just has to be removed from power.
This has been happening even when the right was supposedly in charge under Trump. I'd say similar behavior existed in the past, it's just that as the internet evolves, so do the 'dirty tactics' employed by people in order to 'get ahead' and ruin lives.

Left, right. It doesn't matter. Two sides, one coin that wants to control the populace through division tactics like this.

To answer IMJ's question, I have no idea how it can be defeated, especially at this point. Human beings are probably going to keep pulling crap like this. I mean, I believe the key to ending this is for people on both sides of the political spectrum to realize they are being played by the government, the wealthy (including celebrities who profit off the 'drama'), and the media, and for us to unite in order to demand answers from our governments and the wealthy on their corruption.

But I don't see pigs flying in the sky right now, so I'd say that's not going to happen anytime soon. We're probably going to enter some really ugly times eventually, given the current state of the world, online and offline.
Old 06-06-2022, 02:51 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
This has been happening even when the right was supposedly in charge under Trump.
The left is in charge of the news media (or rather, it is their propaganda wing) and the arts. This is true regardless of if there is an (R) or a (D) beside who is the president.
Old 06-06-2022, 02:59 PM   #36
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The left is in charge of the news media (or rather, it is their propaganda wing) and the arts. This is true regardless of if there is an (R) or a (D) beside who is the president.
Ah, okay! The right has no hand in anything that's happened in recent years. Nope. They also have no media presence at all either, and no way to influence or manipulate people. All Republicans and conservatives are innocent of any wrongdoing, and none of them are corrupt or do anything wrong. They've also been singlehandedly solving all the problems in the US, and the world at large. We should be handing the keys of our lives over to our Republican politician saviors! Sorry, silly me. I must've stepped into another dimension for a time, and plumb forgot all this.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:07 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Ah, okay! The right has no hand in anything that's happened in recent years.
What are you insinuating they had a hand in, exactly? Maybe the insurrection?

Quote:
We should be handing the keys of our lives over to our Republican politician saviors! Sorry, silly me.
No, but given the alternative... eh, it might be worth considering?
Old 06-06-2022, 03:16 PM   #38
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
What are you insinuating they had a hand in, exactly? Maybe the insurrection?
A lot of stuff, dating back decades. Or did you guys forget that the Patriot Act along with other invasive post-9/11 crap was ushered in under a Republican leadership?

Quote:
No, but given the alternative... eh, it might be worth considering?
Wow. Just...wow.

Uh, well, if you think there's nothing wrong with handing control of your life over to a political side/ideal/institution, regardless whether it's left or right then...that's messed up. Sadly, there's many people who tell me the same thing. They'd die for the Democrats or the Republicans, left or right, red or blue, whichever. All I'll say is, both sides are playing the common man for fools. They'll laugh at your suffering as they sip wine and eat caviar from their ivory towers.

Similar to the Depp and Heard trial drama. Neither of them care about their supporters or domestic abuse, and the whole trial was just a performance art meant to sow more division, give them more profits and attention. The media, the celebrities, the politicians? Yeah, they know just how to play the public like fiddles to squeeze what they can out of them.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:42 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Uh, well, if you think there's nothing wrong with handing control of your life over to a political side/ideal/institution, regardless whether it's left or right then...that's messed up. Sadly, there's many people who tell me the same thing. They'd die for the Democrats or the Republicans, left or right, red or blue, whichever. All I'll say is, both sides are playing the common man for fools. They'll laugh at your suffering as they sip wine and eat caviar from their ivory towers.
Well, I don't expect them to be saints or come over to my house for BBQ. I just don't want them to come after my rights, let me pay as little taxes as possible, and allow my investments to flourish. That's really only one side of the aisle.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:47 PM   #40
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Well, I don't expect them to be saints or come over to my house for BBQ. I just don't want them to come after my rights, let me pay as little taxes as possible, and allow my investments to flourish. That's really only one side of the aisle.
You really think they won't come after your rights, after more power? And do you really think living in a 'monarchy' run by the Republican party will be a complete paradise with no societal issues?