The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-16-2023, 04:13 PM   #1
M.A.C.O.
Random Punk

All 2K3 TMNTS Seasons Now Available

All cloud movie and TV applications update their library catalogs every Tuesday. I just checked Apple TV and Vudu today and the long delayed release seasons of the 2K3 show (seasons 4, 5, Fast Forward and Back To The Sewer) are finally available for digital purchase. No bundle available on Apple, but Vudu has a bundle available for all 7 seasons.

I’m surprised it took Paramount/Viacom this long to release the missing seasons for the 2K3 show. Seasons 1-3 and Turtles Forever have been available for almost a decade at this point.

Last edited by M.A.C.O.; 05-16-2023 at 04:37 PM.
M.A.C.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 04:31 PM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

I am legitimately confused about Paramount's treatment of this show. They have literally owned the rights to it for... Fourteen years, right? And it seems that only now do they care enough to make it this available? And I believe the best way to watch this show under their stewardship until now was Paramount+, Amazon Prime and Pluto TV, which even that took a long time for them to get around to. I think the only time they've ever bothered to air it on actual TV was like one NickToons marathon, despite the fact that the show obviously qualifies for syndication. And the DVDs they made were just weird.

I get that they probably only bought the show as part of a deal with 4Kids to make sure they had the TV rights, but like how hard can be to just keep it on a few servers and air re-runs once in a while? What made them change their minds? Did it do really well on Paramount+ or something? I wouldn't exactly be surprised if it does better than STD...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 08:45 PM   #3
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

Looks great lmao

Couldn't have done a better job in 14 years if I did it myself
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 03:08 PM   #4
Antoniocafe
Thug

Went ahead and purchased season seven since it'll never be released on DVD.

Last edited by Antoniocafe; 05-25-2023 at 04:46 AM.
Antoniocafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 05:53 PM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drose18 View Post
Looks great lmao

https://i.imgur.com/qXQQCM2_d.webp?m...fidelity=grand

Couldn't have done a better job in 14 years if I did it myself
Ah, that's… Unfortunate. Still, are the actual episodes correct though?
Hahahaha!
Old 05-18-2023, 07:57 PM   #6
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Ah, that's… Unfortunate. Still, are the actual episodes correct though?
I can confirm the episodes are correct on Vudu and the iTunes Store previews are correct as well. The whole series is on sale on Vudu for $34.99 in "HDX" quality. However, I watched the beginning of the first episode, and unfortunately it doesn't look so great. Some shots look like they were literally smeared with vaseline for some reason. There is also an annoying Nickelodeon bumper at the beginning of every episode. Also, Turtles Forever is a separate purchase and is the edited version in SD.

Thankfully, there are HD upscales of the series and Turtles Forever that are far superior, so for me this is more of a legal, convenient, and inexpensive way to own the series.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 06:57 AM   #7
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
Thankfully, there are HD upscales of the series and Turtles Forever that are far superior, so for me this is more of a legal, convenient, and inexpensive way to own the series.
Is there an HD uncut version of Turtles Forever out there? I've only ever been able to find the uncut version that streamed briefly on the Fox site, and the UK DVD.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 04:52 AM   #8
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
Is there an HD uncut version of Turtles Forever out there? I've only ever been able to find the uncut version that streamed briefly on the Fox site, and the UK DVD.
There isn't an official HD release yet. They are AI upscaled by fans. While they aren't perfect, they look amazing compared to what we have now.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 09:49 AM   #9
M.A.C.O.
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I am legitimately confused about Paramount's treatment of this show. They have literally owned the rights to it for... Fourteen years, right? And it seems that only now do they care enough to make it this available? And I believe the best way to watch this show under their stewardship until now was Paramount+, Amazon Prime and Pluto TV, which even that took a long time for them to get around to. I think the only time they've ever bothered to air it on actual TV was like one NickToons marathon, despite the fact that the show obviously qualifies for syndication. And the DVDs they made were just weird.

I get that they probably only bought the show as part of a deal with 4Kids to make sure they had the TV rights, but like how hard can be to just keep it on a few servers and air re-runs once in a while? What made them change their minds? Did it do really well on Paramount+ or something? I wouldn't exactly be surprised if it does better than STD...
I suspect the 2K3 series fell through the cracks after the sale of TMNT from Fox to Paramount. This happens a lot with these acquisitions. The new studio wants to put their own stamp on the brand, and sidelines the previous incarnation; in favor of their own.

Disney did something similar to the Avengers EMH, Spectacular Spider-Man, and Wolverine and the X-Men when they acquired Marvel. The existing shows were cancelled. Because they were produced by rival studios (Sony and Fox). While Disney fast tracked their own shows to fill the vacancy. Nothing was stopping Disney from airing, continuing or selling media of the previous shows. Because they were all acquired in the sale.

The 2K3 series has all but been forgotten by the general audience. There is no nostalgia merchandising like there is for 87 show. The 87 turtles got a crossover with the 2012 turtles. The 2K3 series didn’t. The TMNT got a crossover with WB/DC comics and Batman, before the rest of the 2K3 series was released. Add in Rise of The TMNT’s 2 seasons and Netflix movie. Honestly, the timing feels like someone at Viacom/Paramount remembered they still have seasons of TMNT that hadn’t been released and are looking to profit off them now.

Sigh. A fan wonders where the 2K3 series went wrong and why it ended up forgotten?

Last edited by M.A.C.O.; 05-20-2023 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-21-2023, 12:48 AM   #10
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I didn’t know, this is good news! Thanks for sharing
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 06:53 AM   #11
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Full series pass now available. £39.99 in the UK. Excellent value when Ninja Tribunal alone is nearly £30.

I do wonder why NOW they pay attention to this show? Nothing was done for nearly fifteen years of Nick ownership and it's finally now something's been done
Old 06-05-2023, 03:06 PM   #12
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

I am pretty sure that every episode is free on youtube and has been for awhile.
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 03:51 PM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog McMutt View Post
Yeah but watching it there doesn't send the message to Paramount that it's worth watching.
Hahahaha!
Old 06-08-2023, 05:42 AM   #14
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog McMutt View Post
It doesn’t look as high quality as on Paramount Plus & iTunes. Also youtube compression is atrocious.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 11:08 AM   #15
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Here's the series bundle on VUDU/Fandango:
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Bundle/2405222
Currently priced at $49.99 for HDX quality of the whole thing, individual seasons priced around $19.99 so that's a bargain.
VUDU has a monthly deal where if you can get 15% off purchase of any $50 or more gift card with coupon code entered upon checkout, so that might be a good deal.
https://vudu.wgiftcard.com/responsiv...eDesign/vudu/1

Rise of the TMNT also got the series bundle treatment (seasons previously available) for $29.99:
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Series/2324607

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 06-09-2023 at 11:16 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 02:15 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

I guess the future is truly digital. We never did get blu-ray sets of 2k3, and it's too late now for that I imagine. But with it being offered digitally everywhere I suppose it doesn't matter anymore?

Times have truly changed. If this was 15 years ago I'd want a blu-ray set sitting on my shelf of the series, now I guess digital is all the way.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 02:48 PM   #17
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

*edit* iTunes and VUDU both confirmed for 1080p, had to double check

Well, I guess i'll be picking it up on iTunes as soon as there is a sale.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 05:15 PM   #18
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I guess the future is truly digital. We never did get blu-ray sets of 2k3, and it's too late now for that I imagine. But with it being offered digitally everywhere I suppose it doesn't matter anymore?

Times have truly changed. If this was 15 years ago I'd want a blu-ray set sitting on my shelf of the series, now I guess digital is all the way.
Digitial is garbage. It has benefits, sure, but it's inherently unstable, could disappear at any time, can be edited retroactively, and you don't really own it. I try and track down a physical copy of everything I enjoy. Really, if you look hard enough, you can find a DVD or blu-ray of most shows, including this one. You just have to know where to look.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 07:23 PM   #19
M.A.C.O.
Random Punk

Just checked AppleTV/iTunes. They have all 7 seasons in a bundle for $49.99 in HD.

Yeah, I too am wondering why Viacom/Paramount has made steps to release the remaining seasons of the 2K3 series. Crazy to think it’s been 14 years since the sale to Paramount. A long time to forget you own something.
Old 06-09-2023, 07:32 PM   #20
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Is it really HD or just upscaled?
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote