Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-20-2022, 07:36 AM   #1
hypered1
Mad Scientist

August 2022 Solicitations

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #132

Spoiler:

Sophie Campbell (W) Pablo Tunica (A / CA)

As the TMNT continue to train under the tutelage of the Shredder in Northampton, the techniques they are learning take a bizarrely arcane turn. Will Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael, Leonardo, and Jennika learn how to master and control the dark ninja arts… or will they be consumed by them? One thing's for certain: if they are to have any chance at success, they will need to seek out a light from the past to help guide their way.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99 • Available August 10, 2022.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES ARMAGEDDON GAME #1 (of 8 )

Spoiler:

Tom Waltz (W) • Vincenzo Federici (A / CA)

The Armageddon Game Has Begun! Under the leadership of the Shredder, the TMNT begin a dangerous quest to seek out allies against Rat King's trio of terror: LeatherKrang, Baxter Stockman, and Madame Null. It's a mission that will see the Turtles spread out across New York City… and across multiple dimensions! But they better hurry, because their enemies are already on the march, and things are not looking good for Mutant Town while most of our heroes are away. Desperate measures, false flag attacks, mysterious new villains, and unexpected alliances… It all starts here in the premiere issue of the biggest TMNT event of the year!

FC • 32 pages • $5.99 • Available September 7, 2022.

TMNT: Best of Baxter Stockman

Spoiler:

Various (W) • Various (A) • James Biggie (CA)

He's an inventor. He's a mad genius. He's a cutthroat businessman. He's a villain. He's a hero. He's been a mutant fly. He's even been the mayor of New York City. But most importantly, he's never, ever boring. This is Baxter Stockman at his very best… Just ask him!

FC • 100 pages • $5.99 • Available August 24, 2022.

Last edited by hypered1; 06-30-2022 at 04:40 PM.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 08:13 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Since when has Baxter Stockman been a "hero"? Morally ambigious or an anti-villain perhaps but I can't think of him ever really being a "hero".
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 09:00 AM   #3
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Since when has Baxter Stockman been a "hero"? Morally ambigious or an anti-villain perhaps but I can't think of him ever really being a "hero".
In the eyes of New Yorkers, he is.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 12:07 PM   #4
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

So I'm confused, is Armageddon Game happening alongside the main comic? Is it like a timeskip? Also I'm still disappointed that none of these previews seem to indicate Alopex is going with them to see Shredder. Know who still has some unfinished business with Shredder AND unexplored mystic powers? ****ing ALOPEX.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 12:39 PM   #5
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
So I'm confused, is Armageddon Game happening alongside the main comic? Is it like a timeskip? Also I'm still disappointed that none of these previews seem to indicate Alopex is going with them to see Shredder. Know who still has some unfinished business with Shredder AND unexplored mystic powers? ****ing ALOPEX.
Agreed. Sadly, Jennika has pretty much hijacked Alopex's role in the team/family/clan/story.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 01:02 PM   #6
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
The Armageddon Game series is going run in tandem with the ongoing for 8 issues each.
Old 05-20-2022, 03:19 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Armaggedon game has the most confusing marketing ever. First it was assumed to be happening in the main ongoing. Then it has two prequel issues. Then re-issues of the two annuals. Now 8 specials.

Even I'm confused what's going on and I follow TMNT.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 03:39 PM   #8
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Armaggedon game has the most confusing marketing ever. First it was assumed to be happening in the main ongoing. Then it has two prequel issues. Then re-issues of the two annuals. Now 8 specials.

Even I'm confused what's going on and I follow TMNT.
To clarify it's: 2x Annuals, 1x FCBD issue, 2x prequel issues, 8x mini-series issues, 8x ongoing issues + 'some' character one-shots.

So probably about 24~26 issues altogether.
Old 05-21-2022, 06:47 AM   #9
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Agreed. Sadly, Jennika has pretty much hijacked Alopex's role in the team/family/clan/story.
Yep, and it's such a shame because Alopex is a much better, more likable character than Jennika. But nah, they felt they needed to jam in Jennika because 'little girls need (mutant turtle?) role models' as if Alopex is somehow invalid because she isn't a mutant turtle.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 02:38 AM   #10
Allio
Foot Elite

Eh, Alopex’s story should have been finished long ago. Her leaving for her home would have been the perfect place to conclude her arc.
Old 05-22-2022, 08:29 AM   #11
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Eh, Alopex’s story should have been finished long ago. Her leaving for her home would have been the perfect place to conclude her arc.
Maybe this is biased because I loved TMNT Adventures, but I wanted/embraced the idea of Alopex being their Ninjara, who tagged along with them on their adventures. It's just that IDW messed that up by feeling they needed to create a female TMNT because "little girls need a female mutant turtle to look up to".
Old 05-22-2022, 04:31 PM   #12
Allio
Foot Elite

Eh, I feel that Alopex was messed up long before female turtle was a thing in the comics.
Old 05-22-2022, 08:58 PM   #13
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Eh, I feel that Alopex was messed up long before female turtle was a thing in the comics.
In what way?
Old 05-22-2022, 09:35 PM   #14
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #132

Sophie Campbell (W) Pablo Tunica (A / CA)

As the TMNT continue to train under the tutelage of the Shredder in Northampton, the techniques they are learning take a bizarrely arcane turn. Will Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael, Leonardo, and Jennika learn how to master and control the dark ninja arts… or will they be consumed by them? One thing's for certain: if they are to have any chance at success, they will need to seek out a light from the past to help guide their way.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99 • Available August 10, 2022.

I notice Shredder looks closer to the 80's version design, just more serious and bad-ass of course.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 11:22 PM   #15
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
In what way?
Since the whole puppet thing with Kitsunr, it never felt like they really knew what to do with her character as her own.
Old 05-23-2022, 05:49 AM   #16
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Since the whole puppet thing with Kitsunr, it never felt like they really knew what to do with her character as her own.
I think she had a lot of potential. A lot of it squandered.