The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-29-2016, 09:49 AM   #81
Matt2310
Hench Mutant

i really hope they atleast make one more... finish out the story... i enjoyed bebop, rocksteady and krang
Old 06-29-2016, 10:35 AM   #82
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2310 View Post
i really hope they atleast make one more... finish out the story... i enjoyed bebop, rocksteady and krang
What story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:37 AM   #83
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
What story?
Sacks' journey to be stupid rich.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:28 AM   #84
Matt2310
Hench Mutant

Quote:
What story?
sorry didn't mean a specific "story" just meant where they were gonna go next. what happens to bebop and rocksteady, baxter, shredder and krang, dimension X.... i liked OOTS i hope they make at least one more
Old 06-29-2016, 11:56 AM   #85
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

At the very least resolve what feels like an annoying cliffhanger with Shredder's disappearance and Krang's basically non-attempt to take over Earth; that a villain surely couldn't give up trying that easily.

I mean come on, it's Krang. What happened to his sense of determination. The book says he'd pretty much destroyed all the other worlds of Dimension X (or something like that) and is looking at Earth as his next target... surely four mortal misfit Earthlings aren't going to dissuade him that easily after sending him packing once.

If a third happened... no new stuff, just save the budget to put into the Turtles and focus on continuity on a second (stronger!) half of this villain storyline.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:39 PM   #86
Shellington
Foot Soldier

I'd rather see them complete the trilogy, then go ahead with a reboot.
"And we're teenagers." Mikey, the Teenager
Shellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:53 PM   #87
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellington View Post
I'd rather see them complete the trilogy, then go ahead with a reboot.
Whatever keeps them Paramount checks coming in the mail, amirite?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:53 PM   #88
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2310 View Post
Quote:
What story?
In his case, this one:

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:13 PM   #89
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
If Spider-man can get a reboot every few years, surely the turtles can too.
Haha right? That's so true

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:31 AM   #90
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
At the very least resolve what feels like an annoying cliffhanger
About this point. I'm now thinking maybe it IS intended to be exactly that. Because now that I picked the novelization book back up and finished it, in the book [spoiler if you have it and not gotten to the end]...

Spoiler:
...it flat out ends with the Turtles meeting the police on the street. (Huh?? )

Sure, the Technodrome pieces are coming through and has started forming, but the book ends there. No resolution for the Technodrome whatsoever. The Turtles come back from Brazil mad at each other, portal opens, they decide not to be human, go up to meet with the police and never leave that spot - the end.

The ending of the book automatically just seems to expect a Part 2.

I'd really like to see the original/initial script for this and see if it ended at the same point. Because now I'm really curious if by chance...

Spoiler:
...the resolution with the Technodrome was a late addition rush job, just to wrap the film up in some way, resulting it in being really rushed and anticlimactic.

After all, this book did not come out until after the film premiered, understandably not to give the film away. But anything after meeting the cops isn't there, so... late added to script and too late to add it to book? Hmmm.

For all the detail in much of the book, even toward the end, like the film, it just seems to start losing detail and depth, as if the interest of the writers faded.

OR perhaps evidence they had to hurry and throw the rest together? Maybe Mr. Bay was cracking the whip to hurry and get it done...

So now I'm curious about a third film. I'm guessing now that they probably resolved it the way they did (vs the book - and maybe an original script?) simply so it could possibly stand on it's own (sort of) if there isn't a third, but... Hm.

Spoiler:
But the book, most of which isn't a bad read, is kind of left off at a really awkward spot if there isn't a part 2 for it.

Which sucks because now it too feels like even more of an annoying cliffhanger. lol

So... that's a bit curious.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:24 PM   #91
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I... hate to say this, but I'd like to see IDW resolve the 2nd film's cliffhanger ending in a miniseries or something. Give us some closure to these mediocre TMNT.

As for this series? Give it the ol' soft reboot!

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:09 PM   #92
Galactus
Foot Elite

I'm not sure what cliffhanger there was or what story people feel was unfinished.

If you care about this iteration's story (and I don't think we should) then it's a good place to end on. The turtles have acceptance from the authorities, they accept themselves and they've saved the world.

Kra(a)ng shouting he'll be back as he gets sucked back into the portal is really no different to how he and Shredder in the 80s show would shout things "you wretched reptiles. I'll get you for this" but no one ever says those episodes were cliffhangers.

I'm not sure there's any place where you can take this franchise in it's current form. Since a third movie is unlikely it's probably for the best but if they were smart and planning this series out they would have stuck to Bebop and Rocksteady as new additions and maybe hinted at Kra(a)ng and left him for a further sequel.

They've pretty much shot their load when it comes to all the characters fans of the Fred Wolf show cared about. We're not going to get Triceratons and Fugitoid or any characters and elements that were not a prominent part of the 80s show and frankly after the core cast there's diminishing returns when it comes to nostalgia and even that wasn't anywhere near a big draw as people were convinced it would be.

There's also a fact that most of the Fred Wolf characters or that show's versions of the characters are conceptually poor final boss villains for their bigger and "epic" scope approach they are going for. Heck if you think about it we didn't get much action with Bebop and Rocksteady really.

So yes. Reboot is the only and I don't care if we get the origin again. It's been three decades since we saw the 'proper' one on screen and even then it was a streamlined version of it.

Last edited by Galactus; 07-06-2016 at 05:57 AM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reboot, third film