The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-30-2008, 07:00 AM   #21
Slash
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Your news that you give me makes me feel like TMNT has a terminal disease.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:52 AM   #22
Drtooth
Foot Elite

I could give a crap about everything else... but the fact that "Cyber Shredder" doesn;t look a damn thing like anything was a total waste of an idea. At least make him translucent ORANGE! Build a Splinter is the only semi decent thing here... though, honestly, they should have just taken the Mini turtles assortment Splinter(the Family Dollar ones) painted it grey, and put it in side of a clear plastic cube, and had one of the Turtles come with one.

They clearly decided upon these figures months before they even had character designs.

And yes... Lazy... very lazy, and pointless.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:12 AM   #23
A little *too* Raph
Stone Warrior

wow, totally lame. Looks like NECA will be getting all of my turtle money for awhile.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #24
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by A little *too* Raph View Post
wow, totally lame. Looks like NECA will be getting all of my turtle money for awhile.
As long as they actually release the rest of those in the near future.

Can some moderator change the title of this to say "New" figures in quotations? I think that expresses what we're thinking.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #25
Ninjinister
無問題

I feel the need to murder someone....
Old 09-30-2008, 01:23 PM   #26
odupianist
Mad Scientist

Wow is all I have to say. I know I have my lazy moments, but jeez, is Playmates that pathetic now? I mean really. Maybe we should have another movie so McDonald's can put some toys out that would be better than the **** Playmates is putting out.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:15 PM   #27
Toonami Tom
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
I feel the same way.

When I went to toynewsi.com and saw that there would be 'new figures' I was excited. Then I clicked the link and saw the horrible repaints. They are not even show accurate, and I'm also not really into Mini Mutants anymore.

This is a sad day for TMNT toys.
Toonami Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:25 PM   #28
Drtooth
Foot Elite

If they were the minis, at least I wouldn't mind... but these are the over priced 8 dollar figures...

If we don't get Ch'rell at all (as per a sketch that we saw months ago) I think I'll scream. And we had better get Kahn down the line.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #29
Mutated Turtle
Stone Warrior

wow mni cyber tmnt
Mutated Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #30
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Ok, I've seriously stopped buying figures all together. Used to, my disposable income was split between new TMNT, DC and ML figures and DVDs, now it's all DVDs because Hasbro, Mattel and Playmates all seem to have dropped the ball on the series I buy. There's always NECA. Now I don't have to worry about army building since NECA's TMNT are the only figures I'm buying,

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #31
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
Sorry Brova but someone's gotta report the news even if it's bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
I feel the same way.
When I went to toynewsi.com and saw that there would be 'new figures' I was excited. Then I clicked the link and saw the horrible repaints. They are not even show accurate, and I'm also not really into Mini Mutants anymore.
This is a sad day for TMNT toys.
I'd say it's more than that, it's a sad day in a sad week in a sad month in a sad year of TMNT and the Future aint lookin' to much better either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
If they were the minis, at least I wouldn't mind... but these are the over priced 8 dollar figures...
If we don't get Ch'rell at all (as per a sketch that we saw months ago) I think I'll scream. And we had better get Kahn down the line.
I don't have a problem with the mini figures either, it's the only things I've enjoyed from playmates in recent years besides the random aliens, mutants and monsters that have popped up from time to time, but everything else has looked like complete rubbish and no one is going to end it besides bad sales.
But even then Playmates won't see the reasoning behind why they fail as a toy company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Ok, I've seriously stopped buying figures all together. Used to, my disposable income was split between new TMNT, DC and ML figures and DVDs, now it's all DVDs because Hasbro, Mattel and Playmates all seem to have dropped the ball on the series I buy. There's always NECA. Now I don't have to worry about army building since NECA's TMNT are the only figures I'm buying,
What about the NECA Foot Soldiers and Elite Guards?

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 09-30-2008 at 05:02 PM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:09 PM   #32
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

we'll prob get REAL figures by next year...this is just a small sample before the big thing. other wise....playmates...you really startin' ta' piss meh off.

and i'm guessing that splinter is like a build a figure thing going on. is it a mini splinter? if so....i might just collect them then....playmates you bastards....ah well.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #33
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
What about the NECA Foot Soldiers and Elite Guards?
I guess I should have said, "I don't have to worry about spending to much by army building, since all I'm buying is NECA figures."

Old 09-30-2008, 05:35 PM   #34
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Quote:

I don't have a problem with the mini figures either, it's the only things I've enjoyed from playmates in recent years besides the random aliens, mutants and monsters that have popped up from time to time, but everything else has looked like complete rubbish and no one is going to end it besides bad sales.
But even then Playmates won't see the reasoning behind why they fail as a toy company.
Hey... they think, sales wise, it's 1992 or so... too bad they can't think that way when it comes to making them. And yeah, the Minis are the only decent thing they're doing lately. I didn't hate the movie toys, but the 8 dollar price tag put me off them. I don't think they're worth even close to that, especially since they're reusing everything again...

I wouldn't even care about anything else... but that Shredder... it's like they don't even know the own show they forced in toyetic variants into. They could have at least gave him the right color. And painted his eyes red, and not made the helmet removable (from the looks of things). Slapping some clear blue plastic on everything does not a cyber variant make.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:42 PM   #35
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Oh, crap, that's how I was gonna make Cyber Cody and Cyber Mutating Raph.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:57 PM   #36
IamtheKnight
Stone Warrior

............. I was excited when I saw this thread but I realy wanted a good large Cyber Shredder and a Master Khan figure.
IamtheKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:09 PM   #37
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
we'll prob get REAL figures by next year...this is just a small sample before the big thing. other wise....playmates...you really startin' ta' piss meh off.

and i'm guessing that splinter is like a build a figure thing going on. is it a mini splinter? if so....i might just collect them then....playmates you bastards....ah well.
No, it's not a Mini-Figure. It's basically the regular movie Splinter, with a recoloured robe and his body cast in translucent blue plastic, as well as being split apart.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:30 PM   #38
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

About a month ago I noticed that amongst the Mini Star Wars things there was a promotion that if you buy all these figs you can put together a C3PO fig. Now I thought that was a rather sneaky and ingenious way of getting people's hard earned cash by making you have to BUY all the figs to get one simple fig.

Now the Stargate action figs that are standard sized did a bit of a similar thing a couple years back but it was a build a stargate. Each fig had a piece of a Stargate and you had to buy em all to get the stargate together.

Now they're doing it with Splinter. All this is simply doing is forcing me to think about getting the BTTS mini-figs. I mean yes I've gotten the other mini figs (well 2 Raph's and a Don anyways) but I don't think I'll be getting the BTTS ones cuz it would be just too bizarre to buy a Raph and end up with Splinter's tail....unless the Raph's come with his head....cuz actually just getting the head would be cool. Put it on a stick with Karai or Shredder holding it....
Old 09-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #39
Ninjinister
無問題

How does the walking stick figure into this equation? I think it'll come with the tail; then we'll at least get a dime's worth of plastic to come with the mini-figure.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:08 PM   #40
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
I mean yes I've gotten the other mini figs (well 2 Raph's and a Don anyways) but I don't think I'll be getting the BTTS ones cuz it would be just too bizarre to buy a Raph and end up with Splinter's tail....unless the Raph's come with his head....cuz actually just getting the head would be cool. Put it on a stick with Karai or Shredder holding it....
Was there a point to this? If so I'd like to know...
How is it odd that they come with parts? Look at the Marvel Legends line of toys they have pretty much almost always come with differnt parts to build other much larger toys, this is not a new thing and it is not an odd thing.
Playmates as always is the last to do everything and when they do it they can't even get the idea right, they take a freat treat and half @ss it.
I would like nothing more than to see this company get it's head out of it's @ss but anymore I'd like nothing more to see it's doors close forever.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action figures