The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-07-2019, 10:55 AM   #1
fellowcello
Mouser

Waxwork Records Secret of the Ooze Score on Vinyl

So it's happening. So far, as part of their new subscription service (@ $200).

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Part II: The Secret Of The Ooze (1991)

Following our 2017 release of the original 1990 TMNT score, we are thrilled to present, for the very first time in any format, the complete TMNT Part II: The Secret Of The Ooze film score by John DuPrez! Sourced from the original 1991 master tapes, and in partnership with Nickelodeon and TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman, we are so excited to bring you the debut vinyl release of the fan favorite Turtles sequel!"
https://waxworkrecords.com/products/...s-subscription

I'm awaiting a response from them about an individual release.
fellowcello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:06 PM   #2
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowcello View Post
So it's happening. So far, as part of their new subscription service (@ $200).

I'm awaiting a response from them about an individual release.
I'm out if it doesn't get an individual release.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:37 PM   #3
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Oh come on! This has to get an individual release! I’m sure it’ll get announced at some point.

Also, oops ... they goofed on their page as the 1990 score was released in 2018, not 2017 as the site says.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:42 PM   #4
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

that is stupid. 1990 did well on both CD and Vinyl and it should be released to everyone not some stupid subscription service
Old 12-08-2019, 04:49 AM   #5
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I missed out on the first vinyl
Is there any site besides eBay where these are available
Old 12-08-2019, 08:41 AM   #6
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

It will be released on its own. Waxwork does subscriber variants for their releases for the whole year. This is just listing everything they will release in 2020.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:15 AM   #7
fellowcello
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
It will be released on its own. Waxwork does subscriber variants for their releases for the whole year. This is just listing everything they will release in 2020.
Cool, thanks for the insight.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:19 PM   #8
fellowcello
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
If anyone is wondering, this is confirmed. The response from their CS: "will also be available to non subscriber's in a different variant"
Old 01-14-2020, 07:04 PM   #9
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Waxwork wrote back to a post I left on their Instagram about when the Secret of the Ooze vinyl is expected to drop and they said "Summer"!

Lots of time to save up until then! Based on the information given on the subscription page, it looks like it'll be one LP unlike TMNT 1990. That being said, what do we think they'll do color-wise?

I'd love an Ooze-splatter or even something like MONDO did with the ALIENS score way back when ...

... but that may be wishful thinking. Think we'll get a lot of different variants this time around?
Old 05-06-2020, 09:20 AM   #10
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Not sure how the current pandemic may have slowed down production for a lot of their upcoming releases, but I have a strong feeling Waxwork Records teased the upcoming Secret of the Ooze score in one of their most recent posts on Twitter.

Wouldn't be surprised if that slime green looking LP was SOTO. Unlike the 1990 movie, from what I read in the subscription service post about SOTO ... it's set to be a one LP release instead of two like 1990.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:23 AM   #11
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Does anyone want to sell the first movie vinyl ? Looking for the purple record? Can’t seem to find it anywhere
Old 05-07-2020, 11:34 AM   #12
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Been looking forward to seeing this released. Even though I don't collect vinyl, and so glad the score is getting official an exposure. Hoping for another CD release soon.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:11 PM   #13
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Derp. Looks like the above vinyl in green ISN'T Secret of the Ooze. They confirmed on Instagram.

Either way, I know they had written back to me that they were eyeballing a summer release for that one so I hope it drops soon. Would love to have a different set of variants for it like 1990 did ... but we'll have to see.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:22 PM   #14
Donnie
Something from the Past

Can't wait for this. I hope they do color variants related to Turtles colors, like the 1990 release.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 03:07 PM   #15
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Can't wait for this. I hope they do color variants related to Turtles colors, like the 1990 release.
Same! Unfortunately, I have a feeling this one is going to just get a standard colored release outside of the one that will go out in the subscription service.

From what I remember seeing on their subscription page, it'll be a single LP unlike the 1990 one. That has me feeling they may go with one color ... but I might be totally wrong.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:43 PM   #16
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Same! Unfortunately, I have a feeling this one is going to just get a standard colored release outside of the one that will go out in the subscription service.

From what I remember seeing on their subscription page, it'll be a single LP unlike the 1990 one. That has me feeling they may go with one color ... but I might be totally wrong.
Yeah, I could see them just doing one (or maybe 2) version. But hey, we can hope!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:48 PM   #17
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Yeah, I could see them just doing one (or maybe 2) version. But hey, we can hope!
Agreed! Looking forward to what they come up with.

That being said, I'm shocked there really hasn't been any teases of the record yet. Every time they post something to social I keep waiting for some kind of sneak peek!
Old 07-01-2020, 07:39 AM   #18
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Me again! Waxwork wrote to me on Instagram that Kevin Eastman is currently working on the artwork for the record and now that the printing plants have opened up again, they're eyeballing a fall release for the record. Slightly delayed, but nothing too crazy it sounds like.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:54 PM   #19
Diorm
Hench Mutant

I'm late for this. I wanted the first movie in CD format... but it's sold out now? WTH? Are they ever coming back?
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:32 PM   #20
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

They re-released the CD format two or three months back. Must be sold out again. There are some marked up on eBay though. It?s also on iTunes for like $15 or $20.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote