The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-14-2021, 03:57 PM   #181
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Hmm, that's interesting as it doesn't include the flying creature, the ant character or the turtle, wearing white markings instead of pink, floating with Bludgeon.
Best guess is that they're Needlenose, Antrax and, unlikely as it is, Venus.
i think the ants wanda.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 04:04 PM   #182
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
"Lita, Jinx, Doro, and Wendy are named after pioneering metal musicians, and Kirby is based on the unused 5th Turtle from the 4th live-action movie that never happened."
This is going to be legitimately published? Kirby and Artemisia too? There is no way...

Looks like #117 is best time to parachute.
??? Artemisia is already in the issue, and she said Kirby didn't make the cut. You literally read the issue, you missed the big splash page of the future?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 04:06 PM   #183
Sumac
Banned

I remember story about Brazil version of some famous comic book. I don't remember its name, but the gist was that soon, after starting to write it, its new author killed all of the old cast and replaced them with his own creations. Quite a similar situation, ain't it?

Never thought that TMNT comic book will be hijacked and will turn into an official fanfic by a confused man about Gay-animals.
Sad.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 05:30 PM   #184
ChosenOne
Banned

Jesus f*cking Christ... Every time I think I've seen how low it can go, Campbell drags it down another few kilometers. Is any one of those characters even male? Or is there some deeper penis-phobia at play here? Rhetorical question. Unless all of mankind (and mutantkind) gets the InGen treatment, I really fail to see how there's any sort of future if the populace is wholly composed of females or trans. Maybe we deserve to literally go the way of the dinosaurs.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 06:13 PM   #185
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Jesus f*cking Christ... Every time I think I've seen how low it can go, Campbell drags it down another few kilometers. Is any one of those characters even male? Or is there some deeper penis-phobia at play here? Rhetorical question. Unless all of mankind (and mutantkind) gets the InGen treatment, I really fail to see how there's any sort of future if the populace is wholly composed of females or trans. Maybe we deserve to literally go the way of the dinosaurs.
Technically it is possible to have all female population in the species.

In some species females can create fertilized eggs without help of male species, in particular when male species are unavailable for some reason. Though, AFAIK, none of those species are mammals, so it won't work with humans.

It is also possible to turn female cells into sperm-like matter and fertilize female eggs with it, essentially creating a child, who have DNA from two female parents, as opposed to male and female parents. However, this process still in development and it might take 1-2 decades before this technology will be perfected for humans.

Ironically, none of those methods account for males who pretend to be women. And no amount of thirst or pretentious insanity, will make it possible for men to participate in them.
C'est la vie.

Last edited by Sumac; 06-15-2021 at 03:21 AM.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:22 PM   #186
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Technically it is possible to have all female population in the species.

In some species females can create fertilized eggs without help of male species, in particular when male species are unavailable for some reason. Though, AFAIK, none of those species are mammals, so it won't work with humans.

It is also possible to turn female cells into sperm-like matter and fertilize with it female eggs, essentially creating a child, who have DNA from two female parents, as opposed to male and female parents. However, this process still in development and it might take take 1-2 decades before this technology will be perfected for humans.

Ironically, none of those methods account for males who pretend to be women. And no amount of thirst or pretentious insanity, will make it possible for men to participate in them.
C'est la vie.
That's how you get pink-haired velociraptors covered in tattoos and wearing nose rings.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:42 PM   #187
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Or is there some deeper penis-phobia at play here?
Like a person even needs to ask.

Quote:
That's how you get pink-haired velociraptors covered in tattoos and wearing nose rings.
You guys are on fire today.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 06:45 PM   #188
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So here is the other quote, 'Now that TMNT #117 is out, here's some concept art of some of the future characters! These characters were one of the first things I sketched when I got the TMNT job, and I'd intended for the future "TMNT Next Gen" timeline to play a bigger part in the story.'

Okay, so this means that these characters will not show up in #118 to #122? Just trying to clear up the Twitter posts.

Also, Cubed the point of the splash page was to show the Turtles did not go there separate ways. I did not look to see who's who or particularly care. Especially when it's a character that doesn't appear beyond that image.

We might get somewhere with the many plot points left dangling the last year and a half. I just know to have low expectations for anti-hero Oroku Saki protector of the Hamato Clan (not Splinter Clan). This is the man who killed them centuries earlier and now is their protector?
Old 06-14-2021, 06:50 PM   #189
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
We might get somewhere with the many plot points left dangling the last year and a half. I just know to have low expectations for anti-hero Oroku Saki protector of the Hamato Clan (not Splinter Clan). This is the man who killed them centuries earlier and now is their protector?
That's actually the plot point I'm most excited about. There's plenty of room to explore the dichotomy between Yoshi and Saki, and to establish even more parallels between them. Mind you, that would take a competent writer, so we'll see how it plays out at this juncture.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:53 PM   #190
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

is it wrong that i feel like i'm in a sports bar where the favorite team has been on what they consider either a losing streak or tying with the other teams?

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:24 PM   #191
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Also, Cubed the point of the splash page was to show the Turtles did not go there separate ways. I did not look to see who's who or particularly care. Especially when it's a character that doesn't appear beyond that image.
Well I don't get it, if you're looking at those 2 pages in the future you seemingly didn't notice all the other mutant characters standing there? I don't see how you could not notice them, do you not look at a full page of the comics or something?

I mean you're literally asking about if these characters appeared and they're in the pages of the issue you read.
Old 06-14-2021, 07:27 PM   #192
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Okay, so this means that these characters will not show up in #118 to #122? Just trying to clear up the Twitter posts.
No, the next arc is focussing on Saki and April/ Baxter stuff as per the solicitations.
hypered1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:29 PM   #193
CyberCubed
Overlord

They'll probably make some mini's/specials set in the future at some point, wouldn't be surprised if they're the next mini-series announced. It's obvious we'll see more of Rahzar/Tokka there so they'll probably set a story in that time period.
Old 06-14-2021, 07:32 PM   #194
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They'll probably make some mini's/specials set in the future at some point, wouldn't be surprised if they're the next mini-series announced. It's obvious we'll see more of Rahzar/Tokka there so they'll probably set a story in that time period.
I hope so, Because I loved it when the Archie comic did that 5 part store set in the future timeline.
Old 06-14-2021, 07:58 PM   #195
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Currently July 21st for the Annual.
hypered1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:20 AM   #196
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the mental image. As if I didn't have enough inspirations for my nightmares!
Old 06-19-2021, 08:25 AM   #197
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Can someone tell me why there was not already a truce in place immediately after Splinter and Shredder traded places in the land of the living and Karai took over the Foot instead of Oroku? To say there was no truce until just now does not make sense to me.
Old 06-19-2021, 09:15 AM   #198
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Can someone tell me why there was not already a truce in place immediately after Splinter and Shredder traded places in the land of the living and Karai took over the Foot instead of Oroku? To say there was no truce until just now does not make sense to me.
In-universe, the most likely explanation is simply "because Karai".

Smart money says she'll pull some incredibly dumb sh*t that puts her at odds with the Turtles again before long.
Old 06-19-2021, 09:19 AM   #199
CyberCubed
Overlord

Karai took over the Foot Clan by force and intended to kill Splinter, why would there be a truce? Before this Karai was working with Old Hob to smuggle her mutants like the 3 weasels and then Rahzar/Tokka. There was no indication she forgave the Turtles at the time.

I'm glad though this is put behind them, as Karai and Koya's especially feud with the Turtles has gotten stale. They should be more like Bludgeon and just cool and relaxed with whatever.