The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-03-2021, 12:04 PM   #21
AquaParade
Banned

Yeah, I mostly skimmed Batman vs TMNT, after the first issue, but it did indeed end with the turtles and Batman eating pizza. I just can’t with that. I’m glad it makes some people smile, but it comes across as lazy, and worse, tired. It’s cliche. And it feels like a krutch for someone who doesn’t realize the turtles are more than pizza and Mikey saying something completely and utterly stupid.

And I guess those are the types of moments those books are about.

I don’t think it has to be that way, but it usually is. And those books sold very well. So maybe sometimes it’s okay to let casual fans have those books if it props up sales and helps fund other, better books.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 06:32 PM   #22
Galactus
Foot Elite

With Williams providing the art it would have looked great if nothing else.

I've said this before but the first Batman/TMNT was surprisingly well done. It had it's goofy stuff like Michelangelo skateboarding in the Batcave and Batman being persuaded to eat pizza but it's largely kept in check. It even has some good character moments particularly Bruce taking Raphael to crime alley to show him his motivation to fight, The sequels...yeah they didn't aim to be anything other than Tynion mashing his Batman and Turtle figures together in comic form but the original is pretty solid.

I imagine a TMNT/MOTU crossover wouldn't be all that different to any other story were the turtles go to an alien environment or barbarian-esque world.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 03:38 AM   #23
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Skeletor could be very useful to me. A alien magician as powerful as him can kill all of my enenies! The turtles are not a threat for him because they are jsut mutant animals from earth. He will kill them in one second!
Old 07-12-2021, 03:20 PM   #24
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Freddie Williams gives an extensive explanation of the failed crossover on RagingBullets podcast:
https://ragingbullets.com/2021/07/12...ninja-turtles/

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote