The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-22-2023, 09:57 AM   #41
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Welp, Buster and Babs as sibs...that's wrong on so many levels. Did they not even watch the original series? They were romantically linked on that one. Remember the prom ep? lol

Oh well...another series reboot that'll probably have me turning away or not even wanting to touch it...like Animaniacs.
The Animaniacs reboot is actually good. Same voice actors and what have you.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 10:23 AM   #42
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
It's just missing all the other segments. Literally just the Warners and Pinky and the Brain.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 11:19 AM   #43
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I barely remember the original series at this point.

I do remember seeing the supposed 'banned episode' on TV, the drinking PSA. I never saw the big deal. The characters were assholes but they acknowledged that they were acting out of character for the sake of the PSA, and even after they 'died' at the end, we see it was a staged set and they're taking off their angel costumes and heading home.

Maybe just because beer itself was mentioned? But I mean, how else will you get the message across if you don't flat out name the thing you want kids to avoid? Imagine a no-drug special where drugs themselves are never ever mentioned?
I didn’t know that was banned. I remember watching it back then. Geez, they ban the most ridiculous stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
But none of the original writers or the creative team. They didn’t even bring Reuger back. Also, hate the fact they didn’t bring back other characters. Used to love Slappy and the Goodfeathers.

Last edited by ssjup81; 01-23-2023 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Wrote Goodfellas instead of Goodfeathers ^^
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 04:11 AM   #44
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I have always thought it was stupid they banned the anti-drinking episode though I remember an anti-drug episode from Jem and Holograms that was stranger, darker, more disturbing, etc....not that I think that one should have been banned.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 01:55 PM   #45
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 02:35 PM   #46
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Looks Meh.

Just give us the original series, movie, and specials on blu ray.

Last edited by drgon78; 04-21-2023 at 05:20 AM.
Old 04-20-2023, 03:30 PM   #47
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I wouldn't say I hate it...

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 04:04 PM   #48
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Why do I already feel disappointed…?
Old 04-20-2023, 05:49 PM   #49
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Cool. It’s actually set in the school with the original characters teaching them. Even Lola Bunny
Old 04-20-2023, 05:59 PM   #50
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Cool. It’s actually set in the school with the original characters teaching them. Even Lola Bunny
Not sure Lola is qualified to teach the art of “looney” …

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 06:25 PM   #51
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Not sure Lola is qualified to teach the art of “looney” …
Well she is a Looney Tune character. I haven’t seen Space Jam 2 yet but she can have a comedic side too.
Old 04-20-2023, 06:30 PM   #52
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Buster and Plucky's voices are ****ing terrible

Like that terrible Animaniacs reboot stick with the OG shows.
Old 04-21-2023, 05:21 AM   #53
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Yeah Buster and Plucky voices sounds terrible.
Old 04-21-2023, 08:56 AM   #54
cammy85
Stone Warrior

I can understand the hate, especially after what we got for Animaniacs.

IIRC, in the original show, not much time was spent in the Looniversity, and it held its own most of the time without having Bugs, Daffy and co, carrying it. I can see what they're doing, but they're definitely trying too hard. Also, I don't think we're the target audience this time.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 04:29 PM   #55
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

On one hand, unlike Animaniacs, this looks to have the entire cast of characters from Adventures including their teachers. On the other hand, was it too hard to get a lot of the original voice actors (aside from the ones that died like Joe Alaskey and Don Messick) back to reprise their roles? I mean, Tress MacNeille came back to voice Dot. Why not Babs? She and Buster both sound awful. Plucky sounds fine, if a bit too much like Daffy.

Not liking the animation either. It looks like the lazy slop we're seeing in modern cartoons. I have a feeling this is going to be something hardly anyone will watch.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 04:23 AM   #56
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I really wish the original show(and movie and specials) would get a blu ray release.
Old 05-22-2023, 07:42 AM   #57
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
Also, I don't think we're the target audience this time.
Which is always a dumb plan seeing as people our age would be the only ones to care about this **** lol.

I think the only series that crossed generations was TTG. Sure fans of the originals hate it but kids love it.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 10:41 AM   #58
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think Animaniacs and Tiny Toons were a product of their time, the 90's. You really can't replicate it in the 2020's. This is those times where I say not every show needs to be revived. People just let their nostalgia trick them into wanting more but it's never the same.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 11:00 AM   #59
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Exactly, some stuff is just a product of its time. Tiny Toons and ANimaniacs existed because Bugs Bunny just couldn't make it in the 90s. The reason all those tom and jerry reboots failed. Those are cartoons of another era. Mickey Mouse is the mascot of Disney but he rarely ever gets a cartoon and if he does no one really cares about it, it can sell merchandise but that's it. Kids today just arent interested in cartoons of boomers.
That's the reason Loonatics were created in the 2000s

Clearly something new for a new era of the 2000s but Boomers complained that they changed Bugs Bunny to Ace Bunny (just like Tiny Toons did with Buster Bunny). If boomers hadn't complained and Loonatics had come out in its original vision perhaps it could've been more popular and even then it's apparently not a horrible show.

People wonder why kids don't buy toys anymore and while video games and smart phones are to blame look at toy aisles, they're full of toys for boomers even the packaging of the toys are those old looking retro inspired ones, the target audience is adults for those toys. I also think TMNT hasn't been popular because it was a product of its time, it worked in the 90s, in the 2000s/2010s? not so much, which is why those other revivals lost popularity really quickly.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 11:29 AM   #60
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Exactly, some stuff is just a product of its time. Tiny Toons and ANimaniacs existed because Bugs Bunny just couldn't make it in the 90s
And the one time he did, Space Jam, led to a whole generation being so hung up on seeing a sequel to it and we all know how that ended up.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote