The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-23-2023, 10:48 AM   #21
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Interesting. Were there differences in tone or character designs?
The tone for the HB series was a little darker, they got away with more, and sometimes the villains won their episodes, I didn't watch a great deal of them so I can't list many off the top of my head, it's been ages since I've watched the show (I went back to it for a fan-editing project in 2021, but focused on the early seasons)

The theme song was changed to a cringey 'eco-rap' and Planet got even goofier as a character. The Planeteers wore different outfits and I don't think they had a 'set' wardrobe.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 12:14 PM   #22
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
First 3 seasons??? How many seasons did it have?

I admit Captain Planet was pretty much woke before woke became a thing. Like if it was more subtle with it's message maybe one could argue against the preachiness, but it was as subtle as a mack truck. Like they tried too hard to make 'picking up litter' or 'recycling' KEWL!!!!! Like only an after school drug special was preachier, and those are just single episodes, not full seasons lol

Like even as a kid I was thinking it was dumb that the bad guys wanted to pollute for the sake of polluting. Like they weren't doing something else that just so happened to pollute but were too stubborn to listen, they just wanted to **** up their own planet just because.

At least with Shredder and Krang, the times they wanted to wreck the planet made sense cause they'd be safe in Dimension X. With Toxic Crusaders the bad guys were aliens that needed Earth to be all smogged up for them to live there. But these ****ers were messing up their home just for evil sake lol.
BEst episode is when Anti-Gaia (some evil gaia entity) crashed to earth in a meteor and gave the planeteers EVIL POWER GAUNTLES that were 100x more power then what they had before.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 12:26 PM   #23
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The most messed-up power (in the wrong hands), has got to be the Heart one. Anyone less noble than Ma-Ti could have used his ring to make Linka and Gi love him enough to do certain things with him, in the same way anyone lesser than Wheeler would just running around burning people alive.

It's weird but as kids we don't see how ****ed up things like love spells or love potions are until we're older. Most of the time they target the wrong person, or it's a problem for the hero who is, of course, against taking advantage of it. It just sounds so wrong and creepy when you see it from the adult perspective, especially when you consider how common those things were in fiction.

And don't get me started on that one character from Chicken Little who had her personality rearranged and everyone decided to just leave her like that.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 12:31 PM   #24
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I love how the famous end credits theme is basically New Kids On The Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
BEst episode is when Anti-Gaia (some evil gaia entity) crashed to earth in a meteor and gave the planeteers EVIL POWER GAUNTLES that were 100x more power then what they had before.
Zarn!

Yeah "The Conqueror" and it's follow-up "Summit to Save Earth" are probably the best the show ever got. That guy ripped s*it up in those stories.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 09:54 AM   #25
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Captain Planet would get savaged if it came out today. It was everything the grifters hate about woke culture even back then.

Awesome show, though the first three seasons are the best.
I feel like the only person on the planet who actually liked watching Captain Planet. I didn't like his character, but I liked the Planeteers. Ma-Ti and Gi were my favorites. I also admit that it got me into recycling and my family started doing it too. lol Oh, and that Rocko's Modern Life episode kinda did that too. lol

I'm pretty sure I watched the entire series and I liked the character redesigns in the last couple of seasons, mostly Gi's. Didn't like that new intro it got, though...a bit...um...I dunno. lol Just wasn't for me. The rap was too cheesy even for me who likes cheese.

Thinking back, I guess that would be considered "woke"...be more mindful of the outside world around you and nature and all that jazz, but I dunno. It was informative and we really should be taking care of the habitats of animals. I mean, I view it like this...I wouldn't want anyone coming into my home and tossing their garbage and junk all over it or coming in my home and smoking and stuff, so shouldn't the same apply to animals in their habitats?
Quote:
The most messed-up power (in the wrong hands), has got to be the Heart one. Anyone less noble than Ma-Ti could have used his ring to make Linka and Gi love him enough to do certain things with him, in the same way anyone lesser than Wheeler would just running around burning people alive.
I don't think the ring would've worked in that way anyway. You have to be pure of heart to actually use it, I thought, which was why Gaia chose him. I do recall an episode vaguely where Ma-Ti tried to use his ring, but couldn't. I forgot why, but his is very specific to emotion and stuff unlike the others.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 03:53 AM   #26
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I hope this one gets a blu ray release one day.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 08:14 AM   #27
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Is it Warner Bros who owns the rights to this show?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 04:22 AM   #28
drgon78
Mad Scientist

As far as I know they still own it.
Old 09-28-2023, 12:08 PM   #29
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Such a shame so many good shows didn't get a proper ending.
Old 09-28-2023, 09:36 PM   #30
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

I remember bootlegging this show some years back. Burned it on blank DVDs using Windows Movie Maker and made menus with chapter selections and what-not. I think I still have the discs somewhere.

It was pretty fun, but I didn't get into it much. Theme song kicks ass, though.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 12:14 AM   #31
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

thought this got a kickstarter funded new series?

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 06:21 AM   #32
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I have heard of the new version but not for a while now, must have fell through or at least hit a major snag.