The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-28-2019, 12:42 PM   #1
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

"Superman & Lois" TV Series on CW

Quote:
Look, up in the sky, it's another Arrow-verse TV series in the works.
Superman & Lois, featuring Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch reprising their roles as the title characters, is in development at The CW.
Produced by Greg Berlanti, former The Flash showrunner Todd Helbing will pen the script and exec produce the potential series. The drama is described as revolving around the world's most famous super hero and comics' most famous journalist deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today's society. (Helbing stepped down as showrunner on The Flash in March to focus on development.)
Helbing will exec produce alongside Berlanti and his Warner Bros. TV-based Greg Berlanti Productions topper Sarah Schechter and DC's Geoff Johns. The drama is based on the characters from DC created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.
Hoechlin was first cast as Superman back in 2016 and has appeared in multiple episodes of The CW's Arrow-verse, including Supergirl and has participated in the franchise's annual crossovers. Grimm grad Tulloch was cast in September 2018 and appeared in last year's crossover.
This is the second Arrow-verse spinoff in the works for the 2020-21 TV season. The CW is also readying a female-focused Arrow spinoff starring Katherine McNamara, Katie Cassidy and Juliana Harkavy as the network is prepping for the next wave of its DC Comics franchise.
The Arrow-verse has become a network-defining brand for The CW, with The Flash ranking as its most-watched original series. The network is saying goodbye to the Arrow this season as it just launched Ruby Rose vehicle Batwoman (which last week earned an additional nine-episode order).

The development deal also arrives as The CW president Mark Pedowitz has been open about entering what he called the "next generation" of his DC shows. The younger-skewing network's current roster includes The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl and Black Lightning.
The decision to revisit Superman (and Lois) also comes nearly a decade after the former WB Network-turned-CW told Clark Kent's origin story in Smallville, which ran for a decade.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...source=twitter

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 12:54 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Jokes aside, it's an interesting turning point for WB. Like, it took all of the CW's might to wrestle out two or three Superman guest spots on Supergirl from WB... yet now they've approved a whole series about Superman?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:48 PM   #3
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

**** Yes I have been wanting this for so long. No more Superman being cucked when he is on supergirl

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 10-28-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 02:03 PM   #4
ZariusTwo
Overlord

On one hand, it'll be good to see the focus on the Super-Family again. That's been missing since 2018.

On the other hand, they could eventually base a lot of this on what Bendis is doing, so we get an aged Jon Kent and Lois and Clark still a couple, but living independent lives fighting Leviathan
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 02:33 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
No more Superman being cucked when he is on supergirl
Don't be so sure. With Supergirl very likely to be cancelled this season, you can bet she'll be rescued and thrown to "Superman & Lois" as an ongoing guest.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:38 PM   #6
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Don't be so sure. With Supergirl very likely to be cancelled this season, you can bet she'll be rescued and thrown to "Superman & Lois" as an ongoing guest.
They won't cancel supergirl. its their feminist flagship show for SJW bs. they will find away to keep it going. Also rumor has it she is gonna crossover with batwoman in an episode
Old 10-28-2019, 03:14 PM   #7
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
They won't cancel supergirl. its their feminist flagship show for SJW bs. they will find away to keep it going. Also rumor has it she is gonna crossover with batwoman in an episode
Will it contain Hot Lesbian Sex or nowadays Lesbian sex is progressive only when it includes "brave and stunning" "female dicks"?
Do Supergirl or Batwoman have "brave and stunning" "female dicks", though?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:20 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
They won't cancel supergirl. its their feminist flagship show for SJW bs.
No, that's Batwoman now. Everything has always been leading to Batwoman. They don't need Supergirl anymore.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:55 PM   #9
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
No, that's Batwoman now. Everything has always been leading to Batwoman. They don't need Supergirl anymore.
Jesus Christ, you children and your make-believe enemies in the real world.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:00 PM   #10
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Will it contain Hot Lesbian Sex or nowadays Lesbian sex is progressive only when it includes "brave and stunning" "female dicks"?
Do Supergirl or Batwoman have "brave and stunning" "female dicks", though?
good question. in episode 4 of Batwoman kate was sleeping with some broad and she was on top for a bit while making out
Old 10-28-2019, 05:24 PM   #11
sdp
-

I think I prefer a superman show with supergirl guest starring, but this is technically not arrowverse since isn't supergirl in a different universe? or did they merge?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 05:30 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I think I prefer a superman show with supergirl guest starring, but this is technically not arrowverse since isn't supergirl in a different universe? or did they merge?
"Arrowverse" encompasses other Earths including Supergirl and Superman's (which yes, is separate). But since this will be post-Crisis, who knows what the status quo will be? Probably they'll merge the Supergirl/Superman Earth into the main one, if only to make it less weird for crossovers with the other shows.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:46 PM   #13
sdp
-

I hope so, they really should've made it one universe from the start, because technically if we use the logic that supergirl is arrowverse then so is every other live action DC show thanks to the crisis event.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 05:55 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I hope so, they really should've made it one universe from the start, because technically if we use the logic that supergirl is arrowverse then so is every other live action DC show thanks to the crisis event.
I was going to say, "Maybe call it the Berlanti-verse, then" but it looks like he's a producer on Titans and Doom Patrol, too... so that clearly doesn't hold water.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:33 PM   #15
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

CW DC always sucks. Maybe it gets a decent first and second season, maybe not, but in the end, it'll suck.

It's the CW way.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:27 PM   #16
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I don't know... I'll definitely check out the first few episodes, but I haven't liked much of how they've handled Superman in this universe, so my confidence is pretty shot.

Also not big on Tyler's Superman. His Clark is good; his Superman leaves alot to be desired, IMO.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:49 PM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
CW DC always sucks. Maybe it gets a decent first and second season, maybe not, but in the end, it'll suck.

It's the CW way.
Nothing's ever been as good as Arrow season 1 and I think I enjoyed it a bit longer than you did, but yeah... the last seasons of Arrow, Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow were BAD. No idea what's going on on Supergirl beyond Superman jobbing to her once in a while, so nothing good, I'm sure.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:22 AM   #18
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Jesus Christ, you children and your make-believe enemies in the real world.
Satan's greatest trick was convincing the world he didn't exist.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 05:17 AM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
good question. in episode 4 of Batwoman kate was sleeping with some broad and she was on top for a bit while making out
Man I will have to youtube this. The only parts of these shows worth watching is the lesbian stuff, which you can just youtube, and skip all the rest.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:48 AM   #20
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Man I will have to youtube this. The only parts of these shows worth watching is the lesbian stuff, which you can just youtube, and skip all the rest.
Yeah Cubed, but can you navigate YouTube with one free hand?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote