The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-22-2014, 02:06 PM   #41
Leo656
The Franchise

Will it betray my age if I confess not knowing what a "Livejournal" is, either? I completely missed, like, ALL of the internet from 2005 until 2012. Thankfully.

And 75,000 Bonus Points for use of the word "Crapulent". Ho-leeeeee sh*t.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #42
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Will it betray my age if I confess not knowing what a "Livejournal" is, either? I completely missed, like, ALL of the internet from 2005 until 2012. Thankfully.

And 75,000 Bonus Points for use of the word "Crapulent". Ho-leeeeee sh*t.
I was in college at 23 with a bunch of 18 year olds and one of them became a friend who used one like all the time.
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:13 PM   #43
BoxxHarry
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Kraken View Post
Everyone, please. I'm not trying to be a Social Justice Warrior. I was just trying to ask a question, and recieve thoughtful responses. I am sorry if I offended anyone with my thread. Also, I have no association with Tumblr.
Maybe you should provide more examples than three characters who are kinda villain-esque and just happens to be fat. Fat-shaming would be more of another character treating them badly because of their weight. Should they create more characters with different body sizes? Maybe, I mean most of the cast are mutants so I don't see it as a big deal, but just having the majority being skinny is not enough to claim that a show is fat-shaming.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #44
Leo656
The Franchise

OT reply, just because it came up: I'unno, I genuinely don't enjoy social media and I think it only brings out the worst in people. When I, for one, am feeling desperate for attention from near-total strangers, I wear gaudy tights and play-fight with other grown men, for the amusement of young children and their half-drunk parents. Other people go online and tell everyone in the whole world exactly where they are at every second and what they're eating, watching, or jacking it to. People really care?

I mean, at least my way, people occasionally get hit with folding chairs. I'unno. If I didn't need FB to get bookings I wouldn't even bother. The whole "Look At Me!" culture we've fallen into is very vapid and disturbing, if you ask me.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #45
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

Jeez; isn't having a retard as one of the main characters enough PCification? That superhero comic posted perfectly approximates my view here.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #46
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

I sense a banning in the future.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:31 PM   #47
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
Social media is full of ignorant, self-righteous, self-obessed losers, who overshare and force their opinions on everyone else, simply because they can.

That's a harsh statement perhaps, but it's true.
Aren't forums full of the same type of people? :V As far as I'm concerned they're all one in the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konchadunga View Post
Jeez; isn't having a retard as one of the main characters enough PCification?
WOW. WOOOOOW.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:31 PM   #48
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I'm fat myself and haven't picked up on any "fat shaming". I don't even think they ever made any fat jokes...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:39 PM   #49
Sighphi
Foot Soldier

Mike is the fattest turtle and he doesnt get any hate.
Sighphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:41 PM   #50
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I sense a banning in the future.
Because I said about 2012 Michelangelo what a number of other people have said about him? It might not be the best approximation, but he sure isn't normal in the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Personally, I'm of the view that it's what's inside that counts. I think you can be big and be healthy, just as you can be skinny and unhealthy. I think society's gotten a bit shallow with the obsession with body weight. It's kind of depressing, tbh.

Not wanting to start an argument or anything... but I'm sure that we have members on these boards who are all shapes and sizes. Real beauty comes from within, and a person's worth isn't determined by an arbirtary number on a scale.
I partially agree. Many people do put too much emphasis on weight in general as an abstract representation of health, and there are certainly many, many cases of people becoming feeble in the quest to be lean. It's sad that Ronda Rousey and Jeniffer Nicole Lee would not meet many people's standards of a "fit" woman.

That said, if we can chuck abstract terms like "weight" and "big" aside, and make clear that we're talking about high fat content, then no; it is not something that is healthy, and it's not something I feel like forgiving. Yes; social pressures that drive people to adopt a specific unhealthy body shape are deplorable, but society can also be too liberal, and the movement towards denying any inferiority of any sort among people is a clear case. If you're going to have trouble with my stairs and nearly break my chairs, and take up two seats on a bus, sorry, but you have a problem and ignoring it won't make it go away.

Honestly, I'm ashamed the term "fat-shaming" even exists. This show's decision to make Timothy fat sends an absolutely fine message to children: If you want to be athletic like your heroes, then get your fat ass up and take the job seriously. It's harsh; I know, but it's kind of a nice break from media that constantly gives children the false promise that everyone is wonderful, and that if you believe, you can achieve anything. Difficult hings get achieved through hard work and a sense of realism and willpower, and forgiving mediocrity does not instill those values.

Last edited by Konchadunga; 06-22-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:47 PM   #51
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Because I said about 2012 Michelangelo what a number of other people have said about him?
I don't think I recall anybody ever saying anything that out of line about him.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:52 PM   #52
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:53 PM   #53
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Woohoo I reached thug status. (Thug is totally not a racist term by the way despite people insisting it is.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:15 PM   #54
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Quote:
Woohoo I reached thug status. (Thug is totally not a racist term by the way despite people insisting it is.
I absolutely LOVE Mikey from the Nick toon. He's also my 5 year old's favorite character.
And congrats on your 'thug' status!!
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #55
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Aren't forums full of the same type of people? :V As far as I'm concerned they're all one in the same.
Depends on the forum
Old 06-22-2014, 03:18 PM   #56
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior

Quote:
That's incredibly fitting It's going into my signature.

Quote:
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot
RaphAndDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:24 PM   #57
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphAndDonnie View Post
That's incredibly fitting It's going into my signature.
Woohoo......
Old 06-22-2014, 04:14 PM   #58
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
I don't think I recall anybody ever saying anything that out of line about him.
Well, out of line or not; they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
If people think 2k3 Mikey is Stupid/ Retarded.....what does that make 2k12 Mikey??? Supe-Retard??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
I don't know what you're talking about. 4Kids mike was goofy but not stupid. Nick Mike is the one who acts retarded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphaeline View Post
I don't say Raph fro Nick series is heartless, I l
I totally agree on that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
One word: Mikey.

Why were you so stupid in this premiere? I thought he would've matured a bit but I felt:

- his jokes were off and unfunny

- his non-common sense/no sensitive side on what happened to April's dad being mutated into a bat. I thought he's the most compassionate one among his brothers? When they caught Kirby in a cage in the warehouse, Mikey practically excitedly exclaimed loudly: "We did it, Don. We caught the Kirby Bat!" whilst gesturing like a grotesque monster. What is so amusing about catching April's dad Mikey? I felt it's so offensive to be joyfully partying when you entrapped your friend's own father.

- him blurting out about them dropping the mutagen all over the city. This one got me: he's so casually saying "Don't worry, don't worry, we'll get it all back" to April. As if the situation is like spilled milk or ice cream and we can all get it back. Like it's no big deal. Like April's dad turned into a bat is like not a serious issue at ALL. What the hell? It's not like they can change him back (atm). Didn't he think about April's feelings? Again, where's your common sense? Is your brain dead Mikey?

I mean.. is my fave turtle has gone beyond retarded and unlikeable now? I blame the horrible writers. -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
of boy did he ever, 87 mickey was lazy and had the surfer thing going on which reflected the times. 90-ies mickey was just a lighthearted guy who when it comes to the serious stuff is gonna get his **** together and be there for you (that's why he is my favorite version of the character). 2k3 mickey was fun but he went overboard sometimes. Nick Mickey is straight up retarded, there are moments when he's brothers are in mortal danger and he keeps the doing stupid stuff, he never has a character moment , he's just a bunch of jokes thrown together, one of the reasons why i quit the show. I guess each mickey represents the time he's living in, which says a lot about this generation...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisardo View Post
Kind of have to agree here. I do like the 2k12 Mikey, his goofiness/naiveness is funny, but it's gets a bit ridiculous esp. when they are in an emergency. The 2k3 Mikey was funny at first but easily got annoying as time went on. OT Mikey and movie Mikey were probably my favorite versions of the character cuz as you just said, he was more versatile there and not too over the top. The only annoying thing with OT Mikey is his surfer/stoner type attitude, but at least he's more sensible and more laid back over the other versions.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:26 PM   #59
m1om1om1o
New Recruit

Unhappy

Sadly yes, it gets to show some fat shamming. But of course people here will never accept it. Mikey is the chubby one and he gets treated like a idiot and incompetent most of the time.
m1om1om1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:34 PM   #60
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Well, out of line or not; they have.
I sense you have a problem with the word retarded? I'd rather call mikey brain-dead idiot myself.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote