The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-16-2021, 02:59 PM   #601
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
It's going to be a comedy/action aimed at kids, think The Incredibles or Big Hero 6.
I think this is the most likely rout the take regarding tone they will strive for. I also think that the Fred Wolf animated series will be the basis for the story and plot. I also think that it will just about break even because cgi animated movies that aren't Disney/Pixar joints rarely ever do well. I also think the regular suspects will treat not flopping as a huge success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
If he had a real insider feeding him morsels, he'd reveal more details instead of being cryptic. I'm gonna assume he's lying or exaggerating.
I'd take anything I read with a grain of salt but I am curious nontheless.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:04 PM   #602
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
That really depends.
It's pretty bad. And I can't get into details because it could cost my bud his gigs, so pardon me for not wanting to delve too deeper for a TMNT message board.

Last edited by Slime State Alumni; 05-17-2021 at 01:09 PM.
Slime State Alumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:04 PM   #603
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Your avatar makes me wonder if you're the best judge on what "the fandom" wants.

But I mean... what? Are you talking the "take" on the TMNT? Is it kind of poised to be corny? Or are you just thinking there isn't enough Fred Wolf crap in there? Something else?
You're totally right, a screaming man in his 40's is definitely more indicative of the fandom. My mistake!
Old 05-17-2021, 01:47 PM   #604
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

What he dont want to tell us is that it will be another very bad and and funny movie similar to rise of the teenage mutant ninja turtles series. That what he DONT WANT to tell us because he knows that evryone will be angry and dissapointed.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:56 PM   #605
sdp
Megan Fox = April

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:56 PM   #606
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slime State Alumni View Post
It's pretty bad. And I can't get into details because it could cost my bud his gigs, so pardon me for not wanting to delve too deeper for a TMNT message board.
Do you think it's worse than the designs or tone seen in the Michael Bay movies or Rise of the TMNT for example?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:50 PM   #607
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
You're totally right, a screaming man in his 40's is definitely more indicative of the fandom. My mistake!
At the end of the day, Andrew's point is that a fan of the Fred Wolf cartoon may have no love for the darker tone of the Mirage books and vis versa.

So, if you love the Fred Wolf stuff, like Bebop & Rocksteady, and your buddy tells you "dude, this new tmnt movie is super dreary. There's no pizza, no Krang, and Rat King is in the movie but he doesn't even fight the turtles. Plus the turtles are like 30 years old"...well that could be one man's trash and another man's treasure.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:52 PM   #608
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
At least I'm not hiding behind a sh** children's character. Or hiding at all, really.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:24 PM   #609
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm always in favor of giving people the benefit of the doubt, but we've had so many people over the years come through here whose Dad totally worked for Nintendo, you guys, that I don't think anyone's ever offsides for being skeptical when anyone makes such claims.

That said, I do expect the movie to be terrible, but more because any non-Last Ronin, non-action figure TMNT stuff nowadays promises to be terrible as a general rule. So one needn't be Kreskin to make that prediction and have it turn out to be true.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:42 PM   #610
IMJ
Emperor

Napolean Dynamite Dromers say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromers In The Know
"Yeah, Right. Who's The One That Knows Illegal Ninja Moves From The Government?"
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:17 PM   #611
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Do you think it's worse than the designs or tone seen in the Michael Bay movies or Rise of the TMNT for example?
It's definitely more about tone since no pre production designs have leaked.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:19 PM   #612
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
At the end of the day, Andrew's point is that a fan of the Fred Wolf cartoon may have no love for the darker tone of the Mirage books and vis versa.

So, if you love the Fred Wolf stuff, like Bebop & Rocksteady, and your buddy tells you "dude, this new tmnt movie is super dreary. There's no pizza, no Krang, and Rat King is in the movie but he doesn't even fight the turtles. Plus the turtles are like 30 years old"...well that could be one man's trash and another man's treasure.
Myself and my friend both agree that each iteration has it's strengths and weaknesses, and we definitely disagree on some things. For example, I thought Rise was a nice change of pace and the animation is above and beyond anything in the contemporary market. He, like many dromers, hates it and I understand why. It's a shame too because Andy deserves way more credit than he gets. That guy is one of the hardest working creatives in the industry and I wish the collective response wasn't overshadowed by a hardcore vocal minority.

Last edited by Slime State Alumni; 05-17-2021 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:20 PM   #613
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'm always in favor of giving people the benefit of the doubt, but we've had so many people over the years come through here whose Dad totally worked for Nintendo, you guys, that I don't think anyone's ever offsides for being skeptical when anyone makes such claims.

That said, I do expect the movie to be terrible, but more because any non-Last Ronin, non-action figure TMNT stuff nowadays promises to be terrible as a general rule. So one needn't be Kreskin to make that prediction and have it turn out to be true.
I don't doubt that. And as I mentioned before, I personally enjoyed Rise of the TMNT even though most users here seem to have some sort of irrational hateful attitude about it.

I rarely use these forums anymore as I've been a user for almost 2 decades (my old account was Donatello02) but I'll hop on every now and then just to see where the TMNT fandom is at or look at toy updates/debates. It definitely seems the fandom in general has grown more and more bitter/disillusioned as they've gotten older and it's a sad state of affairs if you ask me. That being said, Rogen's involvement coupled with what I was told about the concept for his film seems like a huge step back and says more about Nickelodeon as a company now than anything else.

Last edited by Slime State Alumni; 05-18-2021 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:22 PM   #614
Leo656
The Franchise

Nick definitely is the sh*ts in its current incarnation. I think enough bad TMNT products have come out over the last decade that it's safe to say the wrong company bought the franchise. That isn't even a "hot take" anymore, it's just an obvious "no sh*t" statement.

It might be "evergreen" in the sense that Nick will fart out another mediocre-to-terrible reboot every few years to make another fast million or two in toy sales, but if it's all gonna be terrible I really don't see that "evergreen" status as a "good" thing.

Like let's be honest: Nobody's happy that Kurt Cobain killed himself, but everyone's happy that he never had a "Fat Elvis" phase.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:46 PM   #615
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
I don't doubt that. And as I mentioned before, I personally enjoyed Rise of the TMNT even though most users here seem to have some sort of deathcult attitude about it.

I rarely use these forums anymore as I've been a user for almost 2 decades (my old account was Donatello02) but I'll hop on every now and then just to see where the TMNT fandom is at or look at toy updates/debates. It definitely seems the fandom in general has grown more and more bitter/disillusioned as they've gotten older and it's a sad state of affairs if you ask me. That being said, Rogen's involvement coupled with what I was told about the concept for his film seems like a huge step back and says more about Nickelodeon as a company now than anything else.
Interesting. What would you ideally want in a Tmnt film? Just curious because it sounds like we aren’t getting that.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:49 AM   #616
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Interesting. What would you ideally want in a Tmnt film? Just curious because it sounds like we aren’t getting that.
I would like to see either a return to the Mirage roots similar to the 1990 film or something entirely different that keeps the basic fundamentals: they're teens, they're mutated turtles, they're ninjas, and they're brothers. Everything else is flexible. Again, this is why I was all for Rise. It kept the core idea of what TMNT is but played around with everything in between. What I do not want is a teen comedy that's just 2 hours of fart and dick jokes in a setting that has nothing to do with TMNT.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:53 AM   #617
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Nick definitely is the sh*ts in its current incarnation. I think enough bad TMNT products have come out over the last decade that it's safe to say the wrong company bought the franchise. That isn't even a "hot take" anymore, it's just an obvious "no sh*t" statement.

It might be "evergreen" in the sense that Nick will fart out another mediocre-to-terrible reboot every few years to make another fast million or two in toy sales, but if it's all gonna be terrible I really don't see that "evergreen" status as a "good" thing.

Like let's be honest: Nobody's happy that Kurt Cobain killed himself, but everyone's happy that he never had a "Fat Elvis" phase.
Nick has been a mixed bag. Ciro's TMNT was a homerun, Rise was great but pissed off the hardcore crowd, the Bay movies were surprisingly boring for a movie about teenaged mutant ninja turtles, and this new movie is just... I don't even know what to call it. And don't get me started on the recent IDW titles. That stuff is so phenomenally tedious and clearly pandering to the YA demo to the point of parody.

If you look at other evergreen properties, they all have their highs and lows. TMNT has had plenty of both. TBH I'm not too concerned because no matter what happens, whether it be the same tired formula or just a wildly off the mark take, we'll still have our preferred versions available.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:58 AM   #618
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
At least I'm not hiding behind a sh** children's character. Or hiding at all, really.
You have my pity. What a sad, dreary life you must lead.
Old 05-18-2021, 07:31 AM   #619
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Nick has been a mixed bag. Ciro's TMNT was a homerun, Rise was great but pissed off the hardcore crowd, the Bay movies were surprisingly boring for a movie about teenaged mutant ninja turtles, and this new movie is just... I don't even know what to call it. And don't get me started on the recent IDW titles. That stuff is so phenomenally tedious and clearly pandering to the YA demo to the point of parody.

If you look at other evergreen properties, they all have their highs and lows. TMNT has had plenty of both. TBH I'm not too concerned because no matter what happens, whether it be the same tired formula or just a wildly off the mark take, we'll still have our preferred versions available.
2012 was a homerun? Really now?
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:59 AM   #620
AquaParade
Banned

I think 2012 was a win. Granted, it's not my ideal representation of TMNT, I accept the parameters in which it was created, as a vehicle for selling toys, funding the brand, and indoctrinating children to the brand.

It did all that crud and still managed to be a solid TMNT show for kids. It's not like every episode I've seen is a win, but when they get it right, it's a great version of TMNT for kids. It's funnier, more visually striking, and better choreographed than any of the other TMNT shows we had up until that point.