PDA

View Full Version : How about a Turtles game that plays like Spider-Man 2?

Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
07-26-2004, 11:15 AM
You know, with the freedom to go ANYWHERE in New York City. Granted, Spidey was able to get around fast via webswinging. But what if they made a Turtles game with the same freedom? You would have to stick to the shadows, as Master Spliter as said before. I think it would be really cool to say hear that the Shredder is attacking something and you have to go all the way across the city in the Turtle van. (forgot the real name for it.) I thin this game idea would be pretty neat. What are your thoughts on this?

Leonardo_the_sword_master
07-26-2004, 11:20 AM
OH yeah that would be radicley AWESOME COWABUNGA. And where you could switch to fighting with your hands instead of with a weapon.

Demonfox38
07-26-2004, 11:37 AM
That might be interesting. Free-range patrolling for Ninjas, or whatever. It'd be cool just to have some out of story-line battles, then get drug back into the plot (via Shell-Cell, perhaps?)

Karai
07-26-2004, 12:04 PM
I wonder if it's too late to send the suggestion to Konami? :goof:

07-26-2004, 12:11 PM
im sure it is.

Karai
07-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Ah well. Perhaps the third installment then! :D We can dream anyway.

Mobius One
07-26-2004, 02:45 PM
I know this topic has been posted lots, but maybe thats a good thing cause maybe Konami will LOOK and see that this is what the TMNT fans want. I really want the new game but I also wish that this had been what it would be. I hope that they at least are considering this idea for number three.

07-26-2004, 03:27 PM
hey guys someone should start a special other website for this, where the admin can e-mail the Konima people who are making the game and telll them what fans REALLY want.

KROW
07-26-2004, 07:03 PM
I'd like to see some roof-hopping myself.

07-26-2004, 08:00 PM
yeah and like be able to do tricks and stuff.

KROW
07-26-2004, 08:05 PM
"Tricks and stuff"? Like Tony Hawk? That would be something. A TMNT skateboarding game.

07-26-2004, 08:12 PM
no no no, i mean like you know in that one epasode when Raph and leo are racing arcoss the roof tops towards a billboard that has a target on it and youk now leo thourghs raph throughs there weapons, and flips and stuff like that.

KROW
07-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Mmmkay. Yeah, that would be a nice touch.

07-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Yeah and like some Car hijackers and break ins and the shredder or the foot attacking without you knowing when.

KROW
07-26-2004, 08:43 PM
In future TMNT games, I'd like there to be less enemies. Somehow, games based on the turtles seem to lag on with the constant battles. It takes you twenty minutes to get through one area and then another thirty to finish a level. Then there's the boss to fight. By that time, you need to visit the bathroom or get a drink. It's frustrating.

07-26-2004, 08:48 PM
yeah your sort of right. but if your a computer geek like me you can get through battles quickly (not cheats). and what would you like to see then?

KROW
07-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Quicker battles means more disc space. And more disc space could mean more levels, bosses, features, etc. The Lord of the Rings games are like that. Not so many enemies and the levels are plentiful, the bosses are unique, and there are features galore.

07-26-2004, 09:07 PM
yea thats true cause i own the return of the king game, REALLY KEWL GAME.

malignant
07-26-2004, 09:13 PM
And again.....it won't happen. Unless the Turltes become majorly Huge like they did After the First Turtles Movies.

And with no new movies scheduled. Don't look for it to happen..

It just cost too Much money and time for 3d worlds to be created in Video Games. And theres no one with that amount of money to back a Ninja turtles game....

07-26-2004, 09:31 PM
be quit,how do you know.

Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
07-27-2004, 07:25 AM
If they can do it with Spidey, then Konami can do it with the boys in green!

07-27-2004, 08:39 AM
the sound of a crowd yelling, " YES ". yeah cuase spider man is REALLY POPULAR, its just that its coming out on really live movies.
EVERYONE IF THEY SAW THE 1ST SPIDER MAN HAS TO GO SEE THE 2ND.[/b]

Zog
07-27-2004, 09:07 AM
The idea sounds great however, I'd prefer a TMNT game that includes four player co-op. A free roaming TMNT game would conflict with the co-op because, what if the turtles split up and such. But I dunno, maybe someone has ideas on how this could be solved.

07-27-2004, 09:42 AM
it could split the screen into to halves?? or you just couldn't go away from each other. But I would like to have a game like that and if it didn't ahve Co-op then it would jsut be fine.

Spitfire
07-27-2004, 06:11 PM
I have mentioned this idea thousands of times. A stleath based, free-roam game set up like Spiderman 2

Demonfox38
07-27-2004, 06:34 PM
I don't think I'd like it like the Legend of Zelda styled stealth, though. If I get caught, I fight to the death, not throw my arms up in surrender! GAH!

07-27-2004, 07:25 PM
I have mentioned this idea thousands of times. A stleath based, free-roam game set up like Spiderman 2
Yes spitfire..... with no Co-op it would be AWESOME. COMWABUNGA.

Spitfire
07-27-2004, 08:32 PM
You can do Cop-op in a free roam game just have it at the main menu as a seperate option

07-28-2004, 08:48 AM
You can do Cop-op in a free roam game just have it at the main menu as a seperate option

yeah maybe they could split the screen in halves if the turtles got seprated, and like the shredder could be roaming around and purple dragon and foot ninja and jsut plain robbers. it sounds SOOOOOOOOO cool.

RedFreak
07-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Don't forget the brillant invention of online gameplay...4 player free roaming co-op online...mmm...

Of course, I would like to set the room so that all 56kers are in one room, all BB/DSLers are in another, this way, no crappy lag like SSX3.. :evil:

07-28-2004, 10:33 AM
Don't forget the brillant invention of online gameplay...4 player free roaming co-op online...mmm...

Of course, I would like to set the room so that all 56kers are in one room, all BB/DSLers are in another, this way, no crappy lag like SSX3.. :evil:

ya thats a great idea, if the was free roam and multiplayer then it would probely cost 50-100 dollars.

Lord Nightwalker
08-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Sounds good to me. Free roaming stealth, multiplayer, all of it. I would kick in hand to hand options and stealth Kills though...Tenchu addicted me to stealth kills. lol. Blood Omen 2 didn't help...Now I dig'em quite thouroughly. The multiplayer options are sweet,But I would be happy if it centered on Leo or Raph, with cameo's and such from other charachters. I just want to see something like these concepts...Period.

John Pannozzi
08-10-2004, 03:41 PM
You know a few years ago I dreamt of a Turtles game like that...imagine all the in-jokes and hidden references they could put in....I'd love to see it happen. Maybe you could disguise yourself in trenchcoats to blend in...

Sanjuro
08-14-2004, 07:45 AM
I thought Spider-Man 2 sucked. Spider-Man 2 was heavly flawed due to extremly repeitive gameplay and unfluid animation. I'm all set with this amazing "free to go anywhere" games. The only one that has done it right is Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City. Until another company actually puts a decent amount of effort into them and stop releasing crap of course will just sell but won't leave a rememberable impact on the game industry. If I was to see a new idea for a turtles game, I would like to see just a simple fighting game with a engine close to Soul Calibur. Where every character's weapons have pros and cons.

Lord Nightwalker
08-14-2004, 09:05 PM
I thought Spider-Man 2 sucked. Spider-Man 2 was heavly flawed due to extremly repeitive gameplay and unfluid animation. I'm all set with this amazing "free to go anywhere" games. The only one that has done it right is Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City. Until another company actually puts a decent amount of effort into them and stop releasing crap of course will just sell but won't leave a rememberable impact on the game industry. If I was to see a new idea for a turtles game, I would like to see just a simple fighting game with a engine close to Soul Calibur. Where every character's weapons have pros and cons.

Yeah, a Platform similar to Soul Calibur would be great, But I still want to see all out hand to hand.

Gokhan
08-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Sounds good to me. Free roaming stealth, multiplayer, all of it. I would kick in hand to hand options and stealth Kills though...Tenchu addicted me to stealth kills. lol. Blood Omen 2 didn't help...Now I dig'em quite thouroughly. The multiplayer options are sweet,But I would be happy if it centered on Leo or Raph, with cameo's and such from other charachters. I just want to see something like these concepts...Period.

a game centered on those two would be the dumbest thing an i wouldnt even buy it even though im a die hard fan. i'm sick an tired of people always pushing don an mikey to the back. the turtles are 4. no more no less.the story doesn't center on raph an leo. it centers on all 4. this is'nt just aimed at you but eveybody who favors these two more don an mike are always pushed to the back an they are my fav.

Kid Icarus
08-15-2004, 11:11 AM

ya thats a great idea, if the was free roam and multiplayer then it would probely cost 50-100 dollars. Online gameplay is bullsh!t. Would you really spend 15 a month for a game that you might play for a few hours every month?

I'd rather have a 4 player game, that i can play with 3 of my friends in my home, and have somekinda human interaction with them.

And you bring up another point, Broadband penetration, but that's for another rant ;).

RedFreak
08-16-2004, 01:02 AM
^^For XBOX, for PS2 you don't pay jack (hence why I get all the games I want to play online for PS2). It sucks maybe for you, but my cousin and I play Resident Evil Outbreak online and quite a few other games online because of the distance between us...

To each his own...

Sanjuro
08-18-2004, 09:22 PM
You dont pay jack for PS2 online, but its like comparing AOL to a T1 modem. PS2 online simply pales in any kind of comparison. When bored I just go in the voice chat with all of the new friends I made on XBOX live. When a new game comes out I can play with the same people always instead of n00bies i dont want to play with.

Spitfire
08-18-2004, 10:16 PM
PS2 just needs to hurry up and come out with a online Dyansty Warriors

Lord Nightwalker
08-20-2004, 09:04 PM

a game centered on those two would be the dumbest thing an i wouldnt even buy it even though im a die hard fan. i'm sick an tired of people always pushing don an mikey to the back. the turtles are 4. no more no less.the story doesn't center on raph an leo. it centers on all 4. this is'nt just aimed at you but eveybody who favors these two more don an mike are always pushed to the back an they are my fav.

lol. Nothing wrong with Mike or Don man, I wasn't preaching the gospel of TMNT favoratism eighter, so a game based exclusively on Mike or Don would be no better than one of eighter Leo or Raph. I was just trying to express my intrest in a game that wasn't multiplayer. I like multiplayer games, But I like the one player ones just as much. Like those I mentioned previusly, along with classic games like CastleVania, Metal Gear solid, Tekken, several rpgs, and even the very first Ninja Turtles game made under Konami's "Ultra Games" label. There's so much they could do with the TMNT but like Batman, They'll probably never get the cool games that they deserve to have made. And that kinda s*cks. lol.

mbaker
09-04-2004, 05:07 PM
:tmad: HEY, THAT SPIDER-DUDE STOLE OUR PIZZA!

You knew that was coming.