Rahzar and Tokka
Shredder in robot
Slash
Bebop and Rocksteady
Leatherhead
Krang's Android Body
Krang 2.0
Super Shredder

In addition to seeing the Foot Soldiers, Mousers, Rock Soldiers, Roadkill Rodney, Pizza monsters, etc.

The only major villain that was missing was General Traag (but he was in TMNT II), and I suppose Groundchuck and Dirtbag, who were in TMNT III.

If you count strictly the cartoon villains, TMNT IV really had an awesome representation of the cartoon.

oldmanwinters
09-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Yup, this is the biggest point where the SNES game really excelled over the Genesis counterpart. Genny faithful only got Leatherhead, Rocksteady, Tatsu, Baxter's Flying Mouser Maker from The Arcade Game, Krang's Android, and Super Shredder. They even made you fight Leatherhead, Rocksteady, and Tatsu twice with altered colored palettes (lame!).

That said, I really did enjoy fighting Tatsu while he sent hordes of Foot Soldiers after you. That was a pretty nice feature on Konami's part.

CyberCubed
09-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Haha yeah, I loved seeing Tatsu in a game because it was so random. I wish he was in the SNES version too.

Eiko
09-01-2010, 11:40 PM
I was playing Turtles in time on the Snes last night. And i noticed at the start of the level 2020 Neon Night Riders 2020 is only ten years away now Scary.

DonatelloDomeHead31
09-06-2010, 11:49 AM
I was playing Turtles in time on the Snes last night. And i noticed at the start of the level 2020 Neon Night Riders 2020 is only ten years away now Scary.

Oh man, you're right. But the assumption is that the future city in that level's background could be New York....

But about the roster, I said this in a previous thread and I'll say it again: the hardest boss on that list is Slash when you face him in Hard Mode.

Voidoid
09-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Oh man, you're right. But the assumption is that the future city in that level's background could be New York....

But about the roster, I said this in a previous thread and I'll say it again: the hardest boss on that list is Slash when you face him in Hard Mode.

QFT. Slash gives me the hardest out of all the bosses in Turtles in Time. I won't lose a life until I get up to Slash.... but agreed that Turtles in Time has an awesome roster, but so did Manhattan Project, Groundchuck and Dirtbag surprised me. Buuuut, Radical Rescue had scratch and scale tail...how cool is that?! And the Hyperstone Heist roster blew chunks, giving me rocksteady and no bebop is like giving me jelly and no peanut butter, and the gauntlet level was so damn cheap. Konami got really lazy with the gauntlet level and gave us ALL of the same bosses again but with a different color....what?! Anywho, turtles in time roster is awesome who doesn't enjoy fighting tokka and rahzar in the technodrome?

And agreed, oldmanwinters, fighting Tatsu and the hoard of foot in Hyperstone Heist was awesome.

CyberCubed
09-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Groundchuck and Dirtbag getting into TMNT 3 was really random. Those characters only appeared in like 2-3 episodes of the cartoon. They're rather low-key villains compared to all the other more popular animal mutants.

I would have liked to see Chrome Dome in one of the games, outside of Tournament Fighters.

Ninja Tiptup
09-07-2010, 03:56 AM
The Turtles in Time boss roster was yet another reason why that game is the best Ninja Turtles game.

All the major villians from the cartoon were there in the SNES version except for ones that did not exist yet that is (but I don't think anyone is crying that seasons 8,9 and 10 villians weren't in it).

Groundchuck and Dirtbag made it into two games (TMNT III on NES and GB) and their presence isn't really missed in Turtles in Time. Much more iconic villians were present.

Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady were there of course but having Rat King, Leatherhead, Metalhead, Baxter and Slash covered even the secondary villians that showed up on more than a few occasions. Then there's Tokka and Razor from the 2nd movie (who appeared once in the cartoon). Tatsu would have been nice to have in Turtles in Time as well but I kind of hate that fight in Hyperstone Heist anyway. Having a more standard fight with Bebop and Rocksteady might have been nice but would have just been a retread from the first arcade game.

There was also a decent amount of variety in the boss fights. There were different techniques to beating a few of them. Some could only be defeated doing a certain move such as Shredder's robot. While others couldn't be hit at times or could guard from some attacks. Only some used projectiles and each boss had unique moves. Not to say the original Turtles arcade didn't have similar fights but Turtles in Time still had more variety in it's boss fights.

sdp
09-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Not only did it have an awesome roster but I thought the story was pretty good too, sure technically there isn't mujch of a story but as a kid I felt it was an epic quest across time, in fact I often played with my toys Turtles in Time :lol: I had all the toys except leatherhead and ratking though I did have the vehicle ratking uses.

Anyways I think I didn't like how you fought beebop/rocksteady as pirate joke characters, since I always liked them as actual threats and not as jokesn and facing Shredder before he becomes Super, though I guess you do both in TMNT II. Its the SNES version that has the much better boss roster though, the additions were definitely better.

Prowler
09-07-2010, 10:17 AM
It's definitely the TMNT game with the best roster.

When I fought tatsu at Hyperstone Heist I was like :tsurpris:

Groundchuck and Dirtbag in TMNT III was nice too.

Why were the Roadkill Rodneys in 4 TMNT games? Their only appearence was in episode 2 :lol:

It's a shame that the first TMNT game on the NES just had Shredder, bebop,Rocksteady and a bunch of random villains that have never been on the show, another problem with that game other than it's bad controls and dificulty.

CyberCubed
09-08-2010, 05:09 PM
The first Turtle game had an evil Turtle with a sword and a black bandana, that somehow looked like Slash years before Slash was ever invented. :lol:

Voidoid
09-08-2010, 05:11 PM
The first Turtle game had an evil Turtle with a sword and a black bandana, that somehow looked like Slash years before Slash was ever invented. :lol:

Maybe it was....slash? mindf8ck3d

Prowler
09-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Maybe it was....slash? mindf8ck3d
I think it was called Mecha Turtle, not sure.

Voidoid
09-08-2010, 05:16 PM
I think it was called Mecha Turtle, not sure.

MAYBE it was....slash? The world may never know...

Nah, I'm jk it's Mecha Turtle he evolves into Metal'ead.

oldmanwinters
09-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Hey, NES TMNT1 had tight controls (just really frustrating level design) and a GIANT MOUSER battle. That is all kinds of WIN!:tsmile:

Prowler
09-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Hey, NES TMNT1 had tight controls (just really frustrating level design) and a GIANT MOUSER battle. That is all kinds of WIN!:tsmile:
NES TMNT 1 had some good concepts such as 1 Turtle = 1 life; swimming; driving the Turtle Van and using Boomerangs, Ninja Scrolls and Ninja Stars as weapons

However, it had some serious flaws, such as stiff controls, insane difficulty for a game that was made for kids and using enemies that had never been seen in any TMNT incarnation, only Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady are in the game, it was released in 1989 they could have perfectly added Krang in the game.

It's not one of the worst games ever, far from it but I'd rate it a 6.0 at best.

It's funny, when you think about it that game has sold 4 million copies aroudn the globe, making it the most successful 3rd party game on the NES, everyone who owns a NES must have played this game at some point in their life. Together with Super Mario Bros. it was the first game my brother got and also the first game he ever played since he had no clue who the heck Mario was but he knew pretty well who the Turtles were.

Sometimes I wonder why none of the rest of the TMNT games were able to sell over 1 million copies, I'd say it's due to two things:

1st: The first ever TMNT NES game being a disappointment and also extremely difficult for kids, over half of the people who played it never got past the Dam level.

2nd: The rest of the TMNT games were either Beat 'Em Up or Fighting Games, two of the msot successful video game genres in the early 90s, the industry was full of them, why would gamers who happened to be casual Turtlefans buy a TMNT game when they could just buy Streets of Rage/Final Fight/Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat/etc.?

shuriken
09-09-2010, 03:32 PM
TiT(LOL) had an awesome roster. I liked the roster in Manhatten project more though, simply due to the fact that you not only fight Shredder twice, but Groundchuck and Dirtbag are fun as hell to fight. I think TiT is a bit too easy for my taste, but it's awesome to play with a buddy though. As for the first Nes game it realy wasn't that hard up until you got to the technodrome, but Konami is notorious for making very difficult games in the late eighties early nineties. Anyone try beating Contra without using the code? Or how about Castelvania? TMNT is a good game and the conrtols are WAYY better than a lot of other games around that same time (Stryder anyone?) If anything the first Nes game gets a 7.5. Plus don't forget that you have to fight the Technodrome at some point to so that's Mother Mouser, Bebop, Rocksteady, Metalhead, Technodrome and Shredder that are in the game.
You kow what other game didn't really have a great character roster but was one of the best on the NES? Batman.

oldmanwinters
09-09-2010, 09:21 PM
/\ /\ /\ /\

Props to you for that post, shuriken! I agree on all points. Man, NES Strider ticks me off so bad because I can see how it could have easily been a classic if Capcom would have spent a couple weeks fixing some obvious problems (like how to actually jump!). And, yes Batman was fantastic if nothing like most people expected.

Xav
11-26-2010, 08:23 PM
As for the first Nes game it realy wasn't that hard up until you got to the technodrome, but Konami is notorious for making very difficult games in the late eighties early nineties. Anyone try beating Contra without using the code? Or how about Castelvania? I did beat Contra without the code it wasn't that hard.

Groundchuck and Dirtbag getting into TMNT 3 was really random. Those characters only appeared in like 2-3 episodes of the cartoon. They're rather low-key villains compared to all the other more popular animal mutants. Well the same could be said for Slash or Metalhead who only appeared in two episodes.

Coola Yagami
11-26-2010, 09:05 PM
I did beat Contra without the code it wasn't that hard.

Well the same could be said for Slash or Metal Head who only appeared in one episode.

Slash was in 3... Metalhead was in 2....

Xav
11-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Well I guess if you want to count his brief cameo as a vacuum cleaner but he still barely appeared in the show.

Ninjinister
11-27-2010, 09:44 AM

The bandana was only black in the unofficial artwork made by Nintendo Power's in-house artists. It was never black in the game itself (unless you're looking at a port that I've not seen.) Mechaturtle's bandana was tan/brown in the NES version and the PC version had green.

http://tmnt.wikia.com/wiki/Mechaturtle

oldmanwinters
11-28-2010, 05:53 PM
The bandana was only black in the unofficial artwork made by Nintendo Power's in-house artists. It was never black in the game itself (unless you're looking at a port that I've not seen.) Mechaturtle's bandana was tan/brown in the NES version and the PC version had green.

http://tmnt.wikia.com/wiki/Mechaturtle

I dig the thoroughness of the Mechaturtle images! Did you compile them yourself?

Ninjinister
11-28-2010, 07:32 PM
I dig the thoroughness of the Mechaturtle images! Did you compile them yourself?

Most of them, yes.