PDA

View Full Version : Playmates now has the rights to...

Jester
10-15-2011, 02:04 AM
FAMILY GUY ACTION FIGURES?! What? The sad thing is they look like they basically bought the molds from the previous company, because they look identical to previous FG figure offerings. Then again I could be wrong. Of course they have Playmates level articulation...which ain't much. There's a video on the site, makes them look about like Playmates Simpsons figures, especially with the interactive voice stuff integrated into the "playsets."
3pT_pBgOT9w
Thoughts?

EDIT:
Announcer: Saying the funniest lines!
Stewie: Why you clever, clever shrew! (button pushed) How delightful!
Announcer: HILARIOUS!
No..."How delightful." isn't that hilarious.

Discogod
10-15-2011, 05:56 AM
They've had the rights for a while. In fact, these figures have been out almost a couple of months. They're basically Family Guy versions of the old Simpsons WoS figures & playsets - same scale, but with a little more articulation. They're smaller than the Mezco figures, and from what I've seen, are a little more accurate to the cartoon.

Jester
10-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Wasn't sure how late to the game I was. I was on www.playmatestoys.com to see if they had updated the Turtles page...no such luck. Last I was there, there was no Family Guy stuff...shows how long it's been. :D

rufus
10-15-2011, 08:23 AM
I wish they would make Swat Kats stuff:D

Newton Gimmick
10-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Yeah the figures are nothing like the Mezco ones. Going to the WOS style was a brilliant move by Playmates. Probably the best thing they've done in ages.

These actually have better articulation, though.