PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Dudes, no TMNT game from Rocksteady.

TurtleTitan97
02-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Went online today and found this, http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29233 Sorry guys.:tsad:

oldmanwinters
02-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Good to know that this rumor can finally be put out of its misery.

Sorry that it isn't going to happen though... could have been awesome. But, ultimately, too good to be true for a franchise like TMNT.

Also... I'm seriously impressed that the whole internet rumor probably got started on account of a fan speculation thread on our Forums. That's just hilarious.

Redeemer
02-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Also... I'm seriously impressed that the whole internet rumor probably got started on account of a fan speculation thread on our Forums. That's just hilarious.

Lol this is true :lol:

But I am sad bc the more I thought about it the more the idea grew on me. I would have loved something like that, but unfortunately our dreams have been stomped on.....

ToTheNines
02-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Anyone who believed that "rumor" needs electric shock therapy.

Redeemer
02-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Anyone who believed that "rumor" needs electric shock therapy.

Im not sure if people necessarily believed it, but I know many people were liking the idea

Kendamu
02-11-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm so surprised! I knew in my heart that it had to be true! Why, heart, did you betray me?!?!

:P

Andrew NDB
02-11-2012, 01:27 PM
From the fake synopsis of the fake game, maybe we dodged a bullet.

oldmanwinters
02-11-2012, 01:39 PM
I don't know if "Paul Gale Network" (http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/01/20/paul-gale-network-has-one-juicy-rumor-rocksteadys-next-game-after-batman-arkham-city/) has any semblance of "journalistic credentials" but if they do, they ought to be revoked immediately.

This is just bad work:
I have not been able to confirm this game’s validity and that’s why even if I do share the news, it will be listed as a rumor.
That's the fundamental problem right there.

In this particular case, it’s more along the lines of rumblings and small talk than anything concrete.
He likely meant to say, "I was googling about video games, Rocksteady studios, and/or TMNT and I found a whole forum thread of some fans discussing an Arkham City TMNT game. OMG! Can it be true?"

I contacted Rocksteady about this rumored project and as expected, didn’t get a confirmation or denial, but I’ll tell you that it’s definitely something that if true, would make me extremely happy.
Translation: "It was a slow news day, and I needed an article for the site."

The ironic thing about this is, that after handing the Batman: Arkham City team PGN’s Best Adventure Game of E3 2011 award last June, I even recommended a few people at the booth, this very idea to be their next project.
Translation: "I have an exaggerated estimation of my own sphere of influence."

On the one hand, the people where I’m hearing rumors from in no way knew about the conversation that I had at E3 about this game…which makes me think it is possibly true.
Translation: "There are a lot of other TMNT fans across the internet who have been desperate for a great Turtles game, think their favorite franchise could be as awesome as Batman if given the right opportunity, and I had a daydream about a TMNT Mod for Arkham City.

On the other hand, it could just be a big coincidence (yet coming from a couple different places), not to mention a couple of other parts that make me feel a little skeptical.
Translation: "If enough people believe in something strongly enough, it might just happen."

Believe me, I’ve learned a lot as a journalist over the years
Translation: "I do what I have to do to get people talking and draw my paycheck."

And from my own internet searching, it’s what you wanted…

Take it for what you will, but here’s what I got:

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis is the alleged name of the title.
- Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are the four playable characters, each with their own varied move set and weapon of choice (sword, bo staff, sai, and nunchucku…respectively).
- Flashbacks are played as Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi.
- Shurikens, smoke bombs, grappling hooks, and climbing foot spikes.
- Gameplay and story/stage progression similar to Batman: Arkham City.
- Classic characters such as Bebop and Rocksteady (warthog and rhinoceros), Dr. Baxter Stockman, Shredder (Oroku Saki), and Krang act as bosses and in the case of the humans-turned-mutants, you fight them in both forms throughout the story.
- The Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp will be present and with them and other gadgets, the Wii U build is expected to have touch screen controls for specific actions.
- Multiplayer is unknown.
- Graphics engine used is that of Arkham City.
- The game is expected to be more dark than slapstick, but the turtles themselves and their interactions with the Foot Clan, bosses, and story characters like April O’Neil and Casey Jones will still have comedy attached.
- Purportedly being in development for Wii U, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
- Careful selection of voice actors to bring the universe to life as well as Rocksteady did with their two Batman games.
- Manhattan Crisis shares a similar name to the 1991/1992 NES title, “The Manhattan Project”, but is very much its own title.

Translation: "I've never read Mirage TMNT Comics, watched the 4Kids show, or played through any of the recent video games, but I really loved the old show and toylines. They should totally make a game like that, just... ya'know hardcore and edgy to please my late-20s tastes in entertainment!"

Kendamu
02-11-2012, 01:40 PM
From the fake synopsis of the fake game, maybe we dodged a bullet.

A fake bullet.

Ninjinister
02-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Went online today and found this, http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29233 Sorry guys.:tsad:

old (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=910833&postcount=149)

I don't know if "Paul Gale Network" has any semblance of "journalistic credentials" but if they do, they ought to be revoked immediately.
Well, I thought he was a total bullsh**ter when he claimed there was a Smash Bros.-like game coming out by Sony, when he was the only one with info, and had zero evidence other than a logo that was obviously made in MS-Paint.

And then it turned out to be true.

But yeah, his rundown of the "rumor" sounds more like a wishlist.

Hermano Dyvas
02-11-2012, 05:07 PM
I liked this reaction:

"Now if Rocksteady isn't making the new game, can we assume that Bebop will instead? :P"

:D

gobo
02-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Rocksteady's a videogame programmer now? :o Where'd he get those brain cells from??

oldmanwinters
02-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Rocksteady's a videogame programmer now? :o Where'd he get those brain cells from??

To be fair, comic books and video games were just about the only things Rocks and Bebop thought about in the FW series. For all we know, they could have been gifted literary critics. :lol:

Although Bebop's tech skills clearly left much to be desired in the episode "Cowabunga Shredhead" when he couldn't even insert a computer disk properly. So if either one of them had tech expertise it would have had to have been Rocksteady.

Jester
02-11-2012, 05:33 PM
I liked this reaction:

"Now if Rocksteady isn't making the new game, can we assume that Bebop will instead? :P"

:D
Well there goes my well placed, "Isn't it ironic the company's name is Rocksteady." joke. Man, I am sooo late to the party.

EDIT: After reading Winter's response and in thinking back to Winter's commentary on the article, I can only come to one conclusion, Paul Gale Network IS Bebop and Rocksteady! Just add some snorts to the article...you'll see it.
I contacted Rocksteady *snort* about this rumored project and as expected, didn’t get a confirmation or denial, but I’ll tell you that it’s definitely something that if true, *snort* would make me extremely happy.

Notyetasuperhero
02-11-2012, 05:37 PM
A tad disappointed but its nice to have some official closure

Candy Kappa
02-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Did this really need it's own thread?

Jester
02-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Did this really need it's own thread?
For well placed Bebop and Rocksteady jokes... No... not really.

Oculus Orbus
02-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Not that I ever thought it'd happen, but man, it would have been so cool.

Jester
02-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Does this mean we could look forward to Konami reacquiring the license?

stormbringer
02-11-2012, 09:12 PM

I don't know why they moved the license from Konami anyway. Ubisofts one game sucked!:P

Jester
02-11-2012, 09:17 PM
I don't know why they moved the license from Konami anyway. Ubisofts one game sucked!:P
Ubisoft did several games. They did the TMNT tie in game on several platforms, Smash Up, Turtles in Time Reshelled, several mobile games.

stormbringer
02-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Ubisoft did several games. They did the TMNT tie in game on several platforms, Smash Up, Turtles in Time Reshelled, several mobile games.

Oops the only one I played was the movie TMNT movie game. Were the others any good?

Jester
02-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Oops the only one I played was the movie TMNT movie game. Were the others any good?
I haven't heard good things about any but the Game Boy Advance version of TMNT.

stormbringer
02-11-2012, 10:21 PM
I haven't heard good things about any but the Game Boy Advance version of TMNT.

Hopefully we'll get some better games,now that the new show is starting this year.

Donnie
02-11-2012, 11:17 PM
This news makes my heart sad. :(

The Stryker
02-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Seriously?

It's like getting sad when you go outside only to notice that the grass isn't made of cotton candy.

Powder
02-11-2012, 11:26 PM
^ This.

Anyone who believed this was happening probably still believes in the tooth fairy.

Jester
02-11-2012, 11:31 PM
^ This.

Anyone who believed this was happening probably still believes in the tooth fairy.

There's no....

LIES!!! MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE!!!

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
02-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Why would Rocksteady create a TMNT game? He and Bebop don't want the TMNT as heroes. :)

Actually, maybe the name "Rocksteady" created this rumor.

ZariusTwo
02-12-2012, 11:01 AM
We live in a world where Pooh's Adventures have more authenticity than this game. THAT's the sad thing.

Panda Khan
02-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Bummer. IGN built my hopes up.

Peanut
02-13-2012, 10:52 PM

People need to stop saying this. F*cking Konami made a couple great side-scrolling beat-em-ups in an era where those games were relevant. Those kinds of games? Not relevant anymore...at all. You can also add Konami to that group of non-relevant things.

Hopes should be low no matter WHO gets the licence, because no one is going to dump any significant amount of money into the development of a legitimate Ninja Turtles game. Having Nickledeon on the other end of the deal pretty much seals that fact.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
02-14-2012, 02:48 AM
We live in a world where Pooh's Adventures have more authenticity than this game. THAT's the sad thing.

Why that? TMNT considered "too violent"?

ZariusTwo
02-15-2012, 06:55 AM
Why that? TMNT considered "too violent"?

That was a joke referencing to a particulary annoying meme on the 'net (http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/Pooh%27s_Adventures), one that pissed off TGWTG.com (http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/blogs/latest/entry/a-rant-on-the-qpoohs-adventuresq-youtube-videos)

I only just found out there's one of Turtles Forever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwQi2m0IpY8) too.

Jester
02-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Um...could this be a reveal of the new video game licenser?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/Jesterangelo/046-Random-Turtles_1329241979.jpg

Peanut
02-15-2012, 11:06 AM
I would say yes. Activision isn't exactly in the business of making pajamas, so I'm going to assume they've acquired the license. I'm not too sure of the previous/current relationship of Activision and Nick, but I THINK they put out an iCarly game, so I guess that's something. I was under the impression Activision Blizzard was trying to distance themselves from licensed games, but perhaps they saw some merit in licensing Nick properties, especially now that THQ has apparently backed waaaaay out of that market.

Jester
02-15-2012, 12:29 PM
The only reason I posed it as a question is that there was absolutely no hype made about Activision being the new home of the Turtles in video games. It was totally quiet. Then again, games based on TV series usually come out even after the series premieres.

oldmanwinters
02-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Ah-ha, the final nail in the coffin to the Rocksteady Studios rumor!

ToTheNines
02-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Jester, I believe that news is thread-worthy.

Wher ever you found that, did they also have "info posters" for Raph and Mike? The Don and Leo one's have been very informative.

gobo
02-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Absolutely, Jester! It took me a while to figure out you didn't mean "Nick Digital" cuz I couldn't make out that last line the first couple times I saw it. :P

Ninjinister
02-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Oh good. Now if the game sucks hard, the gaming community can directly blame Bobby Kotick, even if he hasn't any idea of what goes into the game.