PDA

View Full Version : Nick TMNT Best Episode Tournament Final: The Gauntlet vs. Showdown

JTH
09-24-2013, 06:59 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img716/3629/243a.png

OFFICIAL BRACKET:
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=447709&tclass=Nickelodeon%20TMNT%20Season%201%20Best%20Ep isode

IT'S TIME!!!!!!!! It's now time for the final match, the clash of the two episodes that we've been waiting to see. It's Gauntlet versus Showdown. Words can't describe wait can happen, needless to say this is going to be something. Without further adu...Here We Go!

Notice: The Final Poll will be a 4 day poll & will be public poll.

How They Got Here:

#1 The Gauntlet - Defeated #16 Metalhead in Round 2 - #8 The Alien Agenda in Round 3 - #4 Never Say Xever in the Semi-Finals

#2 Showdown - Defeated #15 Mousers Attack! in Round 2 - #10 Operation: Breakout in Round 3 - #3 It Came From the Depths in the Semi-Finals

Vote for your personal favorite episode of the two.

snake
09-24-2013, 07:06 PM
These choices kill me. But I'll pick Showdown becuase of how awesome everything was.

raph27
09-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Ooh. I knew it would come to this. I'm gonna rewatch Gauntlet before I decide, though.

saber16
09-24-2013, 08:16 PM
It actually pains me a little to see 0 votes for The Gauntlet... but hey, both are great, one was just a little bit greater than the other.

BabyTurtles
09-24-2013, 09:55 PM
wow...Gauntlet is losing....I thought it was better overall.

JH24
09-25-2013, 02:55 AM
A difficult choice. Showdown had a really great moment with Splinter vs. Shredder, yet the Gauntlet had the turtles vs. Shredder.

In Showdown I wasn't really happy with the overall dragged out Kraang scenes and Leo's out-of-place second sacrifice.

The main thing I wasn't happy with in the Gauntlet was how Mikey was treated in the scene no one wanted to be with him (although it was more comedic relief) but he had some great moments in the end.

The turtles not checking up on Bradford or Xever after they were hit with the mutagen disappointed me a little, although it was their own fault.

In the end, I felt the Gauntlet was a better episode overall as Showdown had more "issues" for me. But both definitely had some defining moments within season 1.

In the end, I'll go for Gauntlet.

ObiWanFan4life
09-25-2013, 03:00 AM
A difficult choice. Showdown had a really great moment with Splinter vs. Shredder, yet the Gauntlet had the turtles vs. Shredder.

In Showdown I wasn't really happy with the overall dragged out Kraang scenes and Leo's out-of-place second sacrifice.

The main thing I wasn't happy with in the Gauntlet was how Mikey was treated in the scene no one wanted to be with him (although it was more comedic relief) but he had some great moments in the end.

The turtles not checking up on Bradford or Xever after they were hit with the mutagen disappointed me a little, although it was their own fault.

In the end, I felt the Gauntlet was a better episode overall as Showdown had more "issues" for me. But both definitely had some defining moments within season 1.

In the end, I'll go for Gauntlet.

^ I Agree with This.

Shark_Blade
09-25-2013, 03:01 AM
The Gauntlet then.

ToTheNines
09-25-2013, 05:43 AM
This is a tough decision. Both were epic, and this is the only match-up that would have been appropriate for the best episode.

The Gauntlet had everything. Kraang, Bradford/Xever, and of course the first throw down with Shredder. That whole scene was done so wonderfully. It really gave you the sense that he was trying to kill them, and at the end of the episode, the heroes had lost and you felt they didn't have the upper hand.

And Splinter's "We. Are. At. War." still gives me chills. (Too bad it was followed up by Panic in the Sewers lol).

Showdown was great, and I'd been dying to see Splinter and Shredder go at it. But it still fell flat in a couple of ways. The April/Kraang connection still makes no sense, and the guys reaction to Leo's apparent death was pretty stock. But again, it was a great episode and felt very epic. I guess I'm glad it didn't just climax every single story line, since I'm still super pumped for season 2 (and even 3!).

So yeah, gotta go with the Gauntlet.

JTH
09-28-2013, 10:24 AM
Bumping this up to see if more people will show up.

Seeks
09-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Showdown for me. Splinter vs Shredder overrules Turtles vs Shredder for me I'm afraid.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
09-28-2013, 12:58 PM
I feel like both episodes had the same amount of conflict, the same amount of character development, story, and left us wanting more, showdown maybe had a little more action, but that was a full hour long and still felt kinda dragged out. The gauntlet was only half hour and didn't feel rushed.

The Gauntlet.

InsaneZane
09-28-2013, 01:25 PM
I pick the Gauntlet because as awesome as it was to see Splinter whoop up on Shredder, i still enjoy the turtles vs shredder more, they almost lost and you gotta love that "boss fight theme" for Shredder when the fight started. Not to mention if Showdown was being judged in different "parts" the gauntlet would win against both of them separately. Its only because is an hour long that it stands a chance... And that's not really fair to put an hour long ep against a half hour one.... Plus it just really bugs me that Shredder managed to plan that message to be delivered to Splinter in the lair, but doesn't really seem to try and invade the lair after leaning its location... Because in reality (if we can speak about how realistic the Tmnt are) Shredder would've made learning the location of the lair his top priority over delivering his message

Aaronardo
09-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Personally, Showdown was a huge thing for me as a finale. The Gauntlet was my favorite episode all up until Showdown. I'm gonna have to go with Showdown. *crosses fingers*

JTH
09-28-2013, 07:03 PM
And after almost a month of waiting and wondering. We have a winner!

The viewers of the forum have proclaimed the #2 Seed Season Finale Showdown as the Best Episode of Season 1 winning by 4 votes over the Top seed Gauntlet.

Thanks to everyone that took part in this. Was a lot of fun.

Now only 2 weeks until Season 2. YIPPEE!!!

Aaronardo
09-29-2013, 12:50 PM
:D YAY!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!! :D

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k520/Aaronardo/myhappyface.png (http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/Aaronardo/media/myhappyface.png.html)