PDA

View Full Version : OC Remix releases free Turtles In Time remix album

Pikawil
04-17-2014, 02:51 AM
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned on this forum yet after a week, or so my Google-Fu and searching on this forum tells me. Anyhoo, OC Remix has decided to contribute to the 30th anniversary of our favorite franchise by releasing a free rock album that is basically what Re-Shelled's soundtrack really should have been in the first place. And (personally speaking) it kicks shell.

Grab it here:
http://shellshocked.ocremix.org/

Preview trailer:
UuGO3RXIhTc

KirkyMonster
05-23-2014, 08:40 AM
Awesome can't wait to here the whole thing.

Powder
05-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Damn, dunno how I missed this! Sick. Downloading now. Thanks for the heads up!

I think I may have to do a little something musical for the anniversary too...

Netkeeper
05-23-2014, 11:14 AM
Damn, dunno how I missed this! Sick. Downloading now. Thanks for the heads up!

I think I may have to do a little something musical for the anniversary too...
I would be very interested if you did. Just going to put that out there, since I'm seeking music remixes myself.

Shell Shocked is a pretty amazing album. Some of the guitars on a couple songs don't sound the greatest, but for the most part it's solid and it was a great addition to what I've got on my mp3 player. More TMNT game remixes need to exist.

Wretched Reptile
05-23-2014, 01:48 PM
WHOA (in my best Keanu voice), niiiiiiiice. I know what I'm blaring out of the car this weekend while the windows are down. :tlol:

More TMNT game remixes need to exist.

Agreed 110%. I'd especially love to see something badass done with the stuff from The Manhattan Project on NES. Probably still my overall favorite TMNT game soundtrack to date.

Nameless
05-23-2014, 05:16 PM
sweeeet... i already have the originals on my phone i listen to so this is even sweeter :D

I Crave Pizza No More
05-24-2014, 05:56 PM
The band Thunderclash has done some TMNT stuff. One of the songs, Pizza Time!, is a medley of Turtles in Time tracks. Really well done.

Powder
05-24-2014, 06:18 PM
After listening, I've gotta say I really don't care much for the bulk of this project. WAY too many creative liberties taken with the originals for my taste. Even minor things like changing the tempo irks me. Oh well. Clearly it's a labor of love though, and I've got a lot of respect for the talented artists who put it together, even if it's not too much to my liking.

sdp
05-25-2014, 12:25 PM
Well it's a remix not necessarily the song in a different instrument and it's not like TiT is the epitome of great music so some creative differences are fine in my book. I just listened to the preview and it looks awesome. I know where you're coming from Powder but maybe it's your first OC Remix album you listen to? The whole concept of the project means they're going to deviate of what you think it should be and the album will be all over the place without any real consistency which makes for an album that has some things you don't like and some you love. For this one I think what I won't like is that there's not enough variety, they all seem rock/metal and for a track like "Bury my shell at wounded knee", it really shouldn't be that genre.

Powder
05-25-2014, 10:58 PM
I understand that they're remixes, but they're not traditional ones, to say the least. I'm a huge music nerd, both as a listener & a creator, I know my stuff. & for me, Turtles In Time, IS one of the greatest video game soundtracks of all time, it's sacred, you gotta treat it right when you're paying tribute. To think you can improve upon the originals is absurd to me. It's not my first OC Remix album by any stretch of the imagination. Also, I don't quite agree on the genre. While I might prefer a bit more of a synth influence, it seemed clear to me that the songs from TIT were intended to be metal oriented, except for Neon Night Riders.

Nameless
05-28-2014, 05:32 PM
i liked it... some songs were really good, like "trail dust and turtle wax", some not so much, like "live at blue apple". but over all a decent remix. i agree with Powder to a degree in that it is hard, if not impossible, to improve an original song. but i like remixes that take something and make it there own, especially with Video game music.

a good example is the "song of storms". i've heard a amateur remix of it that was as good as the original. sadly lost my recording of it when my laptop fried itself. but essentially it kept the feel of the beat, but took it to the next level.