PDA

View Full Version : double mutations

87tmntfan
08-30-2014, 08:25 PM
This is something I am not really liking in this series.
Once you are mutated you should not be able to mutate again.
What do you guys think??

ssjup81
08-30-2014, 08:33 PM
I find it interesting, actually, and it is a bit unique. I've sometimes wondered what the turtles themselves would mutate to if hit by mutagen.

As long as it's not constantly used, I have no probs with it.

snake
08-30-2014, 09:13 PM
I hope it's used atleast once more before the show ends.

IndigoErth
08-30-2014, 09:27 PM
Don't really mind it too much, it's an interesting way to freshen up side characters if it's not used too excessively.

Metalwolf
08-30-2014, 09:49 PM
Depends on whether they're reversible. If they aren't, then I can see them being an extremely rare occurrence and never happening to the Turtles, mainly because they can't be undone.

victory_angel
08-30-2014, 09:53 PM
and with the Retromutagen, we don't know if it would revert them to the mutant they were before or it turned them back completely I.E. if a turtle got a second mutation, would the retromutagen turn them back before they got the second mutation or would they go back to being a normal turtle.

Metalwolf
08-30-2014, 10:25 PM
and with the Retromutagen, we don't know if it would revert them to the mutant they were before or it turned them back completely I.E. if a turtle got a second mutation, would the retromutagen turn them back before they got the second mutation or would they go back to being a normal turtle.If it can even undo second mutations at all. I could be wrong, but my major impression is that they are generally irreversible, otherwise we'd have seen more of them (as they are an easy way to shove in more figures.) The reason why I think this is the case is because they are basically mutating everything left and right for figures, but other then Bradford we aren't seeing anything start double mutating. Bradford is more popular then when he was 'Dogpound,' yet nobody else is getting the 'popularity treatment.' As such, it's likely irreversible, thus why nobody else is getting it done to them.

Electric
08-30-2014, 10:48 PM
I hope it's used atleast once more before the show ends.

same

i agree with the others. i dont want it to become a regular thing. but another double mutation (preferably fishface) or two would be cool. the first one, as many of you have probably figured out from my constant praising of it, was one of my favorite moments of the entire show

victory_angel
08-30-2014, 11:00 PM
Or they don't have a plot line that is able to set up a second mutation for other characters. We know mutations are painful and horrific naturally there won't be a lot of mutants clambering for a second mutation. And if Fishface, Tiger Claw, or Spiderbitez has a second mutation in the same season the concept would have lost it's shock value

The only moments thus far where it would have been plausible for a turtle under go a second mutation was in Shellacne when Mikey nearly fell into the vat of mutagen, Donnie in Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman when he jumps over the vat of mutagen to try and save April from falling in, and Leo when he was trying to save Karai in Vengance is Mine.

Mikey wasn't mutated because we got Rahzar...it would be pointless to get another second mutation in the same episode.

Donnie wasn't mutated because we already had a character mutation, a second mutation would have lost all meaning. And plus that whole moment was meant to show that April was immune to mutagen. Besides if Donnie had second mutated in that episode the Turtles would have been screwed because Donnie is the only person who can create retromutagen at this time.

And Leo wasn't second mutated because Karai was meant to be mutated that episode.

There was some talk at SD comic con that sounded like more second mutations were to come.

Electric
08-30-2014, 11:13 PM
out of all characters, fishface seems most plausible. and i dont think he'll be asking for it, i picture it as another accident, or even forced.

some scenario just popped into my head.
while fighting, his legs and his breathing device are broken. earlier during the fight, mutagen was spilled from a cannister or something. so theres fishface, laying on the ground, barely able to move and running out of air, and he sees mutagen on the ground. knows he doesnt have much options besides die from lack of air, or gamble with mutagen, so he pulls himself into the mutagen.

Jester
08-30-2014, 11:26 PM
I actually wouldn't mind a story point where one of the Turtles or even Splinter 2x mutated....heck Splinter might be the best bet, as who knows what that would do to him, mentally.

Metalwolf
08-31-2014, 06:31 AM
There was some talk at SD comic con that sounded like more second mutations were to come.Do you remember what their words were? Or if they even said who else might get it?

Powder
08-31-2014, 07:48 AM
The ooze works differently in pretty much every series, as far as I can tell. Or at least, it's never consistent. So I am totally fine with this show taking the notion to make theirs especially unique, both in color & properties. I miss Dogpound, but it's cool what they've done with Rahzar, I think. So long as this concept isn't milked too much, it's cool!

I actually wouldn't mind a story point where one of the Turtles or even Splinter 2x mutated....

This, for sure! Mirage, 4kids, the OT, anime, they all did this, & to dope results!

victory_angel
08-31-2014, 12:21 PM
Do you remember what their words were? Or if they even said who else might get it?

They hinted that Toka would show and no Fishface was not going to second mutate into him.

miru
08-31-2014, 03:24 PM
I predict a Fishface-> Armaggon mutation.

Werecat
08-31-2014, 03:52 PM
Double mutation has always been apart of TMNT. It was in the original comics, movie concept, 2k3 cartoon, 1987 cartoon, and now nickelodeon TMNT. Peter Laird liked the idea of double mutation on the turtles to make them stronger but he only ever wrote one case of double mutation on a turtle which was Raph mutatin' into some monster.

TurFlytle
09-01-2014, 08:26 AM

A fish mutates into a shark? F**king logic here, ladies and gentlemen! :D

Electric
09-01-2014, 09:55 AM

Based or armagons design, I can only imagine that fishface will become him at some point. With whatever metal/armor that Armagon always has, fishface mutating with his legs would be a great way to make that. And in this incarnation, why not take away xevers arms to, and have him come out with robotic arms. Then Mikey can name him from that, "arm gone" "armagon"

And hey, Bradford was an orange dog turned gray wolf, it's not too far out there

Powder
09-01-2014, 01:59 PM

HURRHUEHUEEE XD

THAT'D BE ABOUT AS STUPID AS A DOG MUTATING INTO A WOLF! HURJHSJD

:trolleye:

Cure
09-01-2014, 02:15 PM
It's happened before.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/KevMan87/1205584204_f_zps37167b62.jpg

Powder knows.

ToTheNines
09-01-2014, 02:25 PM
I've always wondered how long they were gonna keep Rahzar without Tokka. Xever seems like the natural choice, but I feel like they're setting him up to leave the foot clan.

Warhorse
09-01-2014, 03:27 PM
I've always wondered how long they were gonna keep Rahzar without Tokka. Xever seems like the natural choice, but I feel like they're setting him up to leave the foot clan.

If anyone became Tokka, Slash would be the obvious choice. And I agree, I too think Xever is going to be leaving the Foot. He may not become an outright ally to the Turtles, but I think he won't be their enemy much longer either. I think he's going to start to turn during the Leo one shot.

Metalwolf
09-01-2014, 06:34 PM
If anyone became Tokka, Slash would be the obvious choice. And I agree, I too think Xever is going to be leaving the Foot. He may not become an outright ally to the Turtles, but I think he won't be their enemy much longer either. I think he's going to start to turn during the Leo one shot.Oh gosh I hope so. I often feel bad for the guy, and the Foot are little more then a bunch of guys destined for bad endings.

I also hope he overhears how Tigerclaw and Rahzar talk about him. I'm not saying that to be mean, but it would remove any doubts as to how he's viewed (especially when they go so low as to think of eating him!) and if he heard that, he's get a good idea of how dehumanized these guys are becoming. If he valued his humanity he would leave, and maybe if he knows Donnie can cure him he could ask Donatello for help. I don't know if they'll give it to him, but if he can show he's not allied with the Foot any longer, they just might try.

victory_angel
09-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Oh gosh I hope so. I often feel bad for the guy, and the Foot are little more then a bunch of guys destined for bad endings.

I also hope he overhears how Tigerclaw and Rahzar talk about him. I'm not saying that to be mean, but it would remove any doubts as to how he's viewed (especially when they go so low as to think of eating him!) and if he heard that, he's get a good idea of how dehumanized these guys are becoming. If he valued his humanity he would leave, and maybe if he knows Donnie can cure him he could ask Donatello for help. I don't know if they'll give it to him, but if he can show he's not allied with the Foot any longer, they just might try.

Well if they do have a plot line where Donnie is targeted and captured so he would make retromutagen. Maybe Fishface is the one that busts him out of prison.

Warhorse
09-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Oh gosh I hope so. I often feel bad for the guy, and the Foot are little more then a bunch of guys destined for bad endings.

What could be interesting, and to give him more development, maybe he has a daughter, niece or younger sister that is convinced to join the Purple Dragons by Rahzar, and she could end up being Angel, so perhaps that is what he needs to pull himself together and try to right his wrongs, since he doesn't want someone he cares about living that kind of life.