PDA

View Full Version : To everyone who didn't get the references in Chinatown Ghost Story

NitpickingMask
09-13-2014, 12:23 PM
Please watch Big Trouble In Little China, its in netflix.

Its fun movie :)

CyberCubed
09-13-2014, 12:43 PM
What if I don't have time to watch a movie?

Powder
09-13-2014, 01:39 PM
What if I don't have eyes?

Cure
09-13-2014, 01:41 PM
What if I don't wanna?

IndigoErth
09-13-2014, 01:41 PM
What if I don't have eyes?
Pretend it's an old-timey radio show. Either that or wait for feelavision.

JTH
09-13-2014, 02:03 PM
http://oi59.tinypic.com/qodkat.jpg

THGhost
09-13-2014, 03:51 PM
What if I don't care?

NitpickingMask
09-13-2014, 09:58 PM
You guys are mean :(

snake
09-13-2014, 10:00 PM
What if I've never seen the movie?

I'll get on that actually. It looks pretty good.

NitpickingMask
09-13-2014, 10:09 PM

Thats why I made this thread, its movie that should have gotten better box office record than it did back when it came out so its pity there seem to be still lot of people who haven't seen it

Warhorse
09-13-2014, 11:14 PM
What if I don't like Kurt Russel?

ssjup81
09-13-2014, 11:39 PM
Thats why I made this thread, its movie that should have gotten better box office record than it did back when it came out so its pity there seem to be still lot of people who haven't seen itI've never seen it, but I know of it and surprised I haven't seen it.

Anyway, this is still why I felt that the Irma power thing Ho felt was bogus and then it was mentioned that it was probably referencing the movie and the fact that her eyes were green and that a woman with green eyes was needed to make him fully human again.

Warhorse
09-13-2014, 11:51 PM
Ive never seen it, but I know of it and surprised I haven't seen it.

Anyway, this is still why the Irma power think go thought was bogus and then it was mentioned that it was probably referencing the movie and the fact that her eyes were green.

Or, Irma could have been PMSing. That kind of thing could throw off a 2000 year old ghost's power radar a bit.:lol:

Jester
09-13-2014, 11:57 PM
Or, Irma could have been PMSing. That kind of thing could throw off a 2000 year old ghost's power radar a bit.:lol:
Yeah...wasn't funny the first time either, Horsey.

NitpickingMask
09-14-2014, 03:40 AM

Well, he IS the comic relief character being made fun of :P Spoilers! The movie is already a parody.

Warhorse
09-14-2014, 10:54 AM
Well, he IS the comic relief character being made fun of :P Spoilers! The movie is already a parody.

Yeah, this is one movie i have no desire to see, and I probably never will.

LeotheLateBloomer
09-14-2014, 05:12 PM
Black Nerd Comedy mentions this in his review for the episode.

Powder
09-14-2014, 06:01 PM
Thanks for telling us that.

THGhost
09-14-2014, 07:50 PM

I second this. Was only kidding about not caring. I love John Carpenter and Kurt Russell, it's a crime that I haven't watched it already.

Cryomancer
09-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Pretty good movie with an final battle that ends in a way I only wish the TMNT were allowed to do on television.

snake
09-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Pretty good movie with an final battle that ends in a way I only wish the TMNT were allowed to do on television.

TMNT is allowed to do quiet a bit on tv. The Rat King and The Gauntlet should tell you that.

NitpickingMask
09-14-2014, 09:52 PM
Thanks for telling us that.

You sure like being sassy :P

TMNT is allowed to do quiet a bit on tv. The Rat King and The Gauntlet should tell you that.

Eh, they did do it in less graphic way in the episode

Powder
09-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Sassy is not something I've been called before... I like it! :)

Shark_Blade
09-15-2014, 04:49 AM
Big Trouble in Little Tokyo.

Got it.

THGhost
09-15-2014, 06:52 AM
You sure like being sassy :P

They certainly do. :lol:

Got my hands on Big Trouble in Little China. Gonna watch it soon, hopefully tonight.

zodiac brave
09-15-2014, 02:19 PM
movie is awesome!

it's one that, in my memory, is kinda lumped in with the 1990 tmnt flick, spaced invaders and other flicks of the ilk that focused on humor and action, but with awesome make-up and practically done effects.

def a gem and a cult classic...i gotta go pick up the issues of the new comic thats out right now...

BubblyShell22
09-15-2014, 03:57 PM
I think we pretty much deduced that it was spoofing Big Trouble in Little China. And even though I've never seen the movie, it was a good episode.

THGhost
09-15-2014, 08:29 PM
So I watched Big Trouble in Little China. Let me just say right off the bat - the movie is cheesier than Pizza Face. :P The storytelling is paper thin, leaving the viewer in the dark about a lot of things early on. The characters are incredibly underdeveloped and the acting is very sub par.

BUT. I enjoyed the hell out of it. :lol: The action scenes were very well done and the practical effects were great - I'm a huge fan of practical effects. It was pretty funny too.
I wasn't expecting high art, so its flaws don't really matter that much to me. I'm definitely glad I watched it and can now enjoy this episode of TMNT just that little bit more.

Warhorse
09-15-2014, 10:09 PM

You know, this is true.

When the 2007 movie was being made, and they were choreagraphing the Raph vs Leo fight, the end of it was going to be originally Raph's sai landing just inches from Leo's eye! The MPAA got on their case that they had to redirect the sai towards something that is not part of a living creature, so in the end, they had Raph stab the concrete on the side of Leo's head. In the new toon, Raph and Casey have their first encounter, and after Raph bodyslams Casey onto the car hood, he grabs his sais, and attempts to attack Casey in a blind fury, and then he stops, with his one sai just inches from Casey's eye. It's just funny how the movie had to be restrained, and yet the new toon can get away with outright bruises, near stabs, and the first fight between April and Karai was pretty brutal for a cartoon.

Cryomancer
09-15-2014, 11:53 PM
Yeah it's getting better about it but they still probably aren't gonna let Leonardo do what happens to Lo Pan to some foot ninja or Shredder. Would be pretty amazing if they did, though.

Enscripture
09-20-2014, 04:12 AM
So I watched Big Trouble in Little China. Let me just say right off the bat - the movie is cheesier than Pizza Face. :P The storytelling is paper thin, leaving the viewer in the dark about a lot of things early on. The characters are incredibly underdeveloped and the acting is very sub par.

BUT. I enjoyed the hell out of it. :lol: The action scenes were very well done and the practical effects were great - I'm a huge fan of practical effects. It was pretty funny too.
I wasn't expecting high art, so its flaws don't really matter that much to me. I'm definitely glad I watched it and can now enjoy this episode of TMNT just that little bit more.

There's some things that are only explained in the deleted scenes

Kilowog
09-20-2014, 04:24 AM

Then you might like thr movie even more.

The movie THINKS it's about some stupid trucker trying to get his truck back, but what it's ACTUALLY about is a Chinese teen rising up to save the day from evil.