PDA

View Full Version : Will you Add the New Movie to your DVD/Bluray Collection?

LeoRaph
09-25-2014, 07:40 PM
This is more of a question to those who found just a few too many inconsistencies with the new movie and overall just didn't like it as there is no doubt those who liked it will add it no questions.

Will you add it to your collection?

I won't be adding it to my collection. This to me is along the lines of next mutation, it's there but I don't want it. I've never added next mutation to my collection nor do I intend to. With this one I can barely even remember it, it was just too freaking fast. Like next mutation it just isn't Ninja Turtles to me, it felt as if they had just been tacked on to a movie that was so poorly written it could have been anything. It also didn't help making them supporting roles in an April O'neil movie.

There were just far too many 'mindless dumb' things in it (I'm working on my own review I'll post it eventually) that I just can't add it to my collection. It doesn't help that the one thing that I truly remember hating in this movie was Raphael. The design should have been a red flag (Leo despite unnecessary bamboo armour clearly got the better end of the deal), to me this is with no doubt the worst Raphael ever and I remember not liking 2K3 Raph to start.

But at least the 2K3 Raph 'seemed' like a meathead who had other colours in him where Gregory Abbey gave him depth and shades which you could hear in his voice. Unfortunately, Alan Ritchson could not. He was a one dimensional meathead through out the entire movie, even when there was supposed to be emotion Alan's voice didn't carry it like the better Raphael's Gregory Abbey, Nolan North, Sean Astin and the #1 Raph of all time who set the bar Josh Pais. It also didn't help he could throw a freaking shipping crate but not move robo shredder and his freaking sunglasses & toothpick defied gravity. Donatello, Leo (Pete Ploszek), Mikey could be better with solid intelligent writing but nothing could save this Raph.

That being said, I think once it becomes available on a stream I will watch it again to see if I'm being too harsh as I quite honestly can't remember much that I liked but for the life of me I just can't put it amongst my collection. I just can't...

How do you guys feel?

Powder
09-25-2014, 07:46 PM
If I can get it cheap, or as a gift, yes. It's turtles, can't have an incomplete set. Even if I do wish it never happened.

TurtleTitan97
09-25-2014, 07:48 PM
Not gonna happen.

Bry
09-25-2014, 07:53 PM
My opinion on the movie is still "you couldn't pay me to watch that again." So... nope, not a chance.

I'm not a completist about this sort of thing, though. If I hated a specific installment I'm happy pretending it never happened. I collect, but only the parts I enjoy.

Netkeeper
09-25-2014, 07:59 PM
Only if I can find it secondhand cheap a few years down the road. No sense in directly giving Bay my money for a disaster.

Coola Yagami
09-25-2014, 08:13 PM
.......hell no. For the same reason I won't get New Mutation or the Christmas Special. Just hell to the **** no.

Cure
09-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna get it for sure.

Autbot_Benz
09-25-2014, 09:06 PM
I am getting it release day. I can't wait to see it again cause unlike 90% of this forum I loved it

Slade
09-25-2014, 09:16 PM
I preordered it, to get that Raph statue. Then I cancelled it.

I'm sure my kid will want it though.

Warhorse
09-25-2014, 10:30 PM
No. I have like no desire to see this again. Maybe I'll catch it on Netflix a few years down the road.

Xiewin
09-25-2014, 10:33 PM
No.

I rather watch the few turtles scenes which are available on you-tube.

Too much Megan Fox for me.

Edit: Oh I actually like this version of Raph...

Gunpowder
09-25-2014, 10:35 PM
I've already pre-ordered it on Amazon, so I'm not allowed to answer "no" to this... :lol: But, admittedly, the more I think about this movie, the less I like it. Every time I think about it, I'm reminded that it could have been SO much more than it was.

Too much Megan Fox for me.

Edit: Oh I actually like this version of Raph...

Agreed. On both accounts.

massakre
09-26-2014, 07:33 AM
Ill definitely own this movie.. the day it releases.. I gave it a 7/10 but it is not the worst live-action TMNT movie ever made, in my opinion, and I own them all so bring on the blu ray!! :)

Darth Knuckles
09-26-2014, 07:51 AM
Yeah I'll be getting it on release day. I'll get the exclusive Raph version from Target and I'm still debating the Amazon one because of the Raph statue/figure.

joefsas
09-26-2014, 08:24 AM
100% Yes! Iv'e not even seen the movie yet, but it's still on my christmas wish list :P
That is of course, if it's gunna be released in the UK by then...

Shiro Kame
09-26-2014, 08:27 AM
I'll get it, for completion sake. I haven't seen it yet, so it'll be a surprise for me when I watch it.

Cowabunga Carl
09-26-2014, 08:39 AM
I'll be picking it up because it was a lot more fun then I thought it would be. It is along the lines of Transformers, while not what we grew up with a new take on something I loved. I can't compare it to any of the other versions, because it isn't them and that would be unfair. As it's own thing it was enjoyable and held to the heart of TMNT. Is it a masterpiece? Of course not. However, it is not nearly as bad as people are harping on it being.

massakre
09-26-2014, 01:14 PM
Yeah I'll be getting it on release day. I'll get the exclusive Raph version from Target and I'm still debating the Amazon one because of the Raph statue/figure.

I like the way you think sir. :)

Candy Kappa
09-26-2014, 02:46 PM
Pfffff.... Nopetinope. I think ill rather get something better instead, like Manos Hands of Fate.

DarkLightDragon
09-26-2014, 02:54 PM
I'd rather settle with having a DVD copy of SOTO than a movie I never saw nor had interest at all, so nope.

And I'm not exaggerating the SOTO part either. I actually found myself enjoying slightly more than my first time watching it on TV.

raph27
09-26-2014, 03:36 PM
Probably once I find it cheap.

Jester
09-26-2014, 03:47 PM
.......hell no. For the same reason I won't get New Mutation or the Christmas Special. Just hell to the **** no.
This explains my plan to actually get the DVD or Blu Ray...on the cheap that is. I have Turtle Tunes, Turtle Christmas and at least the movie cut of East Meets West on VHS (my reason for not picking up NM on DVD is it's edited. I'd like it as it originally aired, please.) As Powder said, it's Turtles...and it's video...I have worse pieces of TMNT A/V media in my collection.

CyberCubed
09-26-2014, 03:57 PM
I'll only buy a special "no nostrils" edition if they release it. No TMNT DVD will sit on my shelf with nostrils on the Turtles.

Jester
09-26-2014, 04:01 PM
I'll only buy a special "no nostrils" edition if they release it. No TMNT DVD will sit on my shelf with nostrils on the Turtles.

P5iqYuFmzqg

Xiewin
09-26-2014, 04:03 PM
P5iqYuFmzqg

Jester you are hilarious :lol:

Bry
09-26-2014, 04:08 PM
I'm starting a petition for an extra-large nostrils edition. Just massive nostrils, from their lips to their eyes. We can do this.

Xiewin
09-26-2014, 04:13 PM
I'm starting a petition for an extra-large nostrils edition. Half of their face, all nostrils. We can do this.

Now that is hilarious :lol: :lol:

Whatswiththeheadbands?
09-26-2014, 04:16 PM
If I like it, then yes.

THGhost
09-26-2014, 04:21 PM
Of course I will. I'm slowly collecting all things TMNT. I'll get it even if I don't like it.

J_Snake_Lorenzo
09-26-2014, 04:55 PM
Meh. i'll download it from torrents. Just for the sake of it.
Maybe i'll watch it once, just cause the cam versions are low quality.
It wasn't good enough to be worth spending money on.

For the price it will cost, I could buy a couple packs of smokes and a couple steaks to throw on the barbie.

Leolead
09-26-2014, 05:24 PM
This is more of a question to those who found just a few too many inconsistencies with the new movie and overall just didn't like it as there is no doubt those who liked it will add it no questions.

Will you add it to your collection?

I won't be adding it to my collection. This to me is along the lines of next mutation, it's there but I don't want it. I've never added next mutation to my collection nor do I intend to. With this one I can barely even remember it, it was just too freaking fast. Like next mutation it just isn't Ninja Turtles to me, it felt as if they had just been tacked on to a movie that was so poorly written it could have been anything. It also didn't help making them supporting roles in an April O'neil movie.

There were just far too many 'mindless dumb' things in it (I'm working on my own review I'll post it eventually) that I just can't add it to my collection. It doesn't help that the one thing that I truly remember hating in this movie was Raphael. The design should have been a red flag (Leo despite unnecessary bamboo armour clearly got the better end of the deal), to me this is with no doubt the worst Raphael ever and I remember not liking 2K3 Raph to start.

But at least the 2K3 Raph 'seemed' like a meathead who had other colours in him where Gregory Abbey gave him depth and shades which you could hear in his voice. Unfortunately, Alan Ritchson could not. He was a one dimensional meathead through out the entire movie, even when there was supposed to be emotion Alan's voice didn't carry it like the better Raphael's Gregory Abbey, Nolan North, Sean Astin and the #1 Raph of all time who set the bar Josh Pais. It also didn't help he could throw a freaking shipping crate but not move robo shredder and his freaking sunglasses & toothpick defied gravity. Donatello, Leo (Pete Ploszek), Mikey could be better with solid intelligent writing but nothing could save this Raph.

That being said, I think once it becomes available on a stream I will watch it again to see if I'm being too harsh as I quite honestly can't remember much that I liked but for the life of me I just can't put it amongst my collection. I just can't...

How do you guys feel?
Guess I have no business in this thread then.

IndigoErth
09-26-2014, 05:52 PM
Most likely, but probably via a strongly hinted gift idea.

I'm starting a petition for an extra-large nostrils edition. Just massive nostrils, from their lips to their eyes. We can do this.
Throw in a cold virus and it would be a winner for sure, esp with special edition snot bubble print packaging and added in Mikey snot jokes.

Shark_Blade
09-26-2014, 06:11 PM
It is a TMNT movie so why the hell not?

This is like asking "is water wet"? :trolleye:

Jester
09-26-2014, 06:23 PM
It is a TMNT movie so why the hell not?

Then this one's for you!
yBL8vNG8WRc

Garfield
09-26-2014, 06:54 PM
Nope. I don't like spending money and having things around me that I don't like, especially when there are so many other great TMNT things that I can have around that I actually like.

LeoRaph
09-26-2014, 07:15 PM

Maybe to those who LIKE it. There are still a good amount of people here who DON'T and Truly Believe this isn't TMNT and just a cash grab who are able to objectively state their reasons why without being unnecessarily insulting to other members.

I didn't like it. I've stated why. I won't be buying it. Simple. Agree to disagree but no need for the attitude dude.

Coola Yagami
09-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Maybe to those who LIKE it. There are still a good amount of people here who DON'T and Truly Believe this isn't TMNT and just a cash grab who are able to objectively state their reasons why without being unnecessarily insulting to other members.

I didn't like it. I've stated why. I won't be buying it. Simple. Agree to disagree but no need for the attitude dude.

I like how all the other movies are almost unanimously decided as.... TMNT 1 the best, TMNT II not as good, TMNT III horrible, TMNT 07 mostly bad except for the Raph vs Leo fight.... but this new one has such a strong divide. I remember 2007 had a bit of a divide too back when it was new, but nowadays most everyone agrees it really wasn't all that good save the Leo/Raph fight.

Kinda assume a few years from now most everyone will look back and see how lame this one was and wonder by the big divide.

The Stryker
09-26-2014, 07:26 PM

He didn't have attitude. He was simply stating that if it's a TMNT related thing that he's buying it. He's not calling anyone out at all.

No need for the sensitivity.

LeoRaph
09-26-2014, 07:35 PM
I don't think so.

He could have said is water wet? With excitement not an eyeroll. It's the equivalent of saying what a dumb question. Not being sensitive just calling crap.

Anyway, I don't want to start something but have a look at the difference and you tell me.

This is like asking "is water wet"? :tgrin:

Clearly they convey different things.

Jester
09-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Are we really at the point where we are arguing about the semantic use of an emote?

Kill me now.....

Bry
09-26-2014, 07:49 PM
This movie's mere existence starts arguments daily. I know there's always been some divisive stuff in the franchise, but has anything else been this bad?

The Stryker
09-26-2014, 07:53 PM
I don't think so.

He could have said is water wet? With excitement not an eyeroll. It's the equivalent of saying what a dumb question. Not being sensitive just calling crap.

Anyway, I don't want to start something but have a look at the difference and you tell me.

This is like asking "is water wet"? :tgrin:

Clearly they convey different things.

Ok....He's still only talking about himself though.

Nobody is coming at anyone here.

Coola Yagami
09-26-2014, 08:48 PM
This movie's mere existence starts arguments daily. I know there's always been some divisive stuff in the franchise, but has anything else been this bad?

Not that I recall. It just boils down to the fact that it just wasn't that good and there's so much violent 'it's TMNT what do you mean it's not good???' kinda defense going on.

I assume if the movie was way better we wouldn't have had such a strong divide. Sure there will always be people that will hate it regardless, stuff like why isn't there any blood, or why aren't all their bandanas red or whatever, but I;m sure there wouldn't be such a strong divide as what we're seeing here.

The Stryker
09-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Not that I recall. It just boils down to the fact that it just wasn't that good

Stop. Stop right there. That's not a fact at all.

Stop it with the 'my opinion is fact' bullcrap.

sdp
09-26-2014, 09:06 PM
No, because I don't care about physical media anymore but I'll keep a digital copy.

Coola Yagami
09-26-2014, 09:12 PM
Stop. Stop right there. That's not a fact at all.

Stop it with the 'my opinion is fact' bullcrap.

Then how else do you explain such a violent divide? Do you honestly think there would be this much discussion and closed threads if the movie was better? I don't remember TMNT 07 threads being closed and whatnot back in the day. Yeah, there was a dif in opinon, but the overall consensus was, it wasn't that great but man that Leo VS Raph fight was sweet. No closed threads. No huge arguements.

Powder
09-26-2014, 09:18 PM
While I share your thoughts, Coola, there's no denying that the way you word things (opinions as facts- over & over, mind you) is going to cause problems. It is a matter of opinion, & we all know where we stand already. Let's just answer the question this thread proposes, & move on...

The Stryker
09-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Then how else do you explain such a violent divide?

There are a lot of morons on this message board. Done.

Everything else you said had nothing to do with what I brought up. It's not a 'fact' that it's a bad movie. Opinions are not facts.

Coola Yagami
09-26-2014, 09:23 PM
While I share your thoughts, Coola, there's no denying that the way you word things (opinions as facts- over & over, mind you) is going to cause problems. It is a matter of opinion, & we all know where we stand already. Let's just answer the question this thread proposes, & move on...

Yeah sure, aight. I've said my piece. Though it is still a fact that TMNT 2007 didn't have as much violent debates and such a huge divide, and I'm sure most of can agree of an overall opinion about it by now in retrospect. I am sure there were some multi-page threads with difference of opinions, but nothing that would have caused locked threads like this one is causing.

There are a lot of morons on this message board. Done.

Pretty sure most of the people here were also here for when TMNT 07 came out back then. How did this movie suddenly turn them all into morons?

LeoRaph
09-26-2014, 09:54 PM
Alright, I don't want this thread to be closed but clearly the opinions of this movie are divided. There are those who will buy the movie because they genuinely liked it, those who didn't like it but will buy it because they want to complete the series and those who don't like it and don't want it.

If we can all just put our personal opinions aside for the time being and collectively look at what worked and what didn't on an objective level maybe we may find why this is such a thread killer.

I think if anything can be a fact of this movie is it IS a bad script (alot of it came from Blue Door and we all know how people feel about that) and the fighting was not martial arts. Character interpretation including designs and casting is a matter of personal taste so people will love or hate but the script IS bad and has many story telling flaws that most people here can agree on. Even if Sachs was Shredder in the whole movie and scenes weren't cut there are just too many lazy things that can't be ignored on an objective not subjective level.

Coola Yagami
09-26-2014, 10:16 PM
I think if anything can be a fact of this movie is it IS a bad script (alot of it came from Blue Door and we all know how people feel about that) and the fighting was not martial arts. Character interpretation including designs and casting is a matter of personal taste so people will love or hate but the script IS bad and has many story telling flaws that most people here can agree on. Even if Sachs was Shredder in the whole movie and scenes weren't cut there are just too many lazy things that can't be ignored on an objective not subjective level.

You see, that's all exactly the points. The violent arguing and locked threads come from the people strongly opposing all of this, or others saying 'it's just a TMNT movie who cares', or acting like it's the best movie ever, despite all of this proof to the contrary. Most of em can't even give solid reasons why they think it's good other than 'it's not a bad movie' or 'it's TMNT' or explain away all the flaws.

My main issue is that Bay and co just wanted a quick cash grab without any heart, thought or effort, and everyone that helped make this movie # 1 for a week or so are proving that it doesn't matter what they do they'll go see it anyways cause it's TMNT. At this rate, why even bother making a good sequel? They can totally half-ass it, and just toss in Casey and/or Bebop and Rocksteady and it'll be number 1 for several weeks in a row again.

It's Transformers all over again. Everyone complains, yet they all go see it, and tons of money is made. Bay sees no problem, and just cranks out another half-assed movie cause everyone will watch it and make tons more money. It reminds me of the XBox One back when they had all those rules like 'it won't work if its not online' and 'you have to pay to unlock a pre-owned game' and all that. Everyone complained, yet the systems were already sold out. Yeah, Microsoft went back and removed all those weird restrictions, but honestly, at that point, they kinda didn't have to since the systems were already sold out.

I guess that's what bugs me, and I'm sorry if my repeated rantings annoys everyone. I just feel we deserved better, not this mess that we got. But it seemed everyone (or most everyone) like this mess and are telling PD and so forth to just make another mess of a sequel cause they'll eat it up no matter what. We honestly won't see better until these guys end their run and a better director steps up to the plate.

Like I said before, I'm not buying this on DVD or Blue Ray or whatever, I'm speaking with my wallet. I don't feel the need to buy every last piece of merchandise just because it has the TMNT logo on it, and this is one movie I can surely do without.

Jester
09-26-2014, 11:02 PM
Seriously Coola, it's just getting old. Knock it off.

Xiewin
09-26-2014, 11:10 PM
I guess that's what bugs me, and I'm sorry if my repeated rantings annoys everyone. I just feel we deserved better, not this mess that we got. But it seemed everyone (or most everyone) like this mess and are telling PD and so forth to just make another mess of a sequel cause they'll eat it up no matter what. We honestly won't see better until these guys end their run and a better director steps up to the plate.

I understand how you feel. The problem is that Bay and his co. simply don't care about what's wrong with their product. As long as it makes money, it's good enough for them. They don't care about fans, and only want to do what they think is best. Which is sad, but true.

The only thing to do is too not watch it. It's going to be another Transformers again.
People are going to keep seeing it, not matter how much quality it lacks.

Coola Yagami
09-26-2014, 11:19 PM
I understand how you feel. The problem is that Bay and his co. simply don't care about what's wrong with their product. As long as it makes money, it's good enough for them. They don't care about fans, and only want to do what they think is best. Which is sad, but true.

The only thing to do is too not watch it. It's going to be another Transformers again.
People are going to keep seeing it, not matter how much quality it lacks.

Exactly, and it's such a shame really. I guess it just bugs me more because while the same can be said for Transformers, I just wasn't into G1 that much except for the animated movie and Dinobots episodes. Yeah the movies were screwed up, but I didn't know or remember much about the series to care all that much. Kinda like X-Men and Fantastic Four. Was never that big on the FF so the movies sucking were kinda eh, oh well. I was bit more invested in the X-Men, so the Last Stand was just painful to watch.

TMNT is probably my longest lasting fandom so this movie does annoy the hell out me and I personally feel this could have been so much better and didn't deserve the transformers treatment.

MsMarvelDuckie
09-28-2014, 11:14 PM
I for one will be buying it, NOT simply for the sake of completion, but because I genuinely liked it. Plot holes aside, it WAS a decent TMNT movie, and certainly a different take. And while SOME may have been turned off by the designs, Megan Fox, etc, I actually enjoyed those aspects. Their designs seemed rather strange at first, but after seeing them in several trailers, I warmed up to them quickly, and now, I actually LIKE them, because they FEEL "real". I've seen it twice- 3D both times- and the details of their designs were what helped sell them to me. Call it cluttered or impractical if you will, but it felt like they had actually cobbled their gear together out of found materials- which makes sense for kids raised IN A SEWER. Seriously. They weren't going out and finding Ray Bans and brand new Nikes or a brand-spanking new X-Box One to use. Donnie had a freaking Nintindo Powerglove that he converted into a controller for his equipment. I loved that "lived-in" feel to the lair and their gear.

As for April Fox, why are we so concerned about her acting skills in a movie where she's really more of a plot device anyway? She's meant to be a catalyst and a link between the turtles and everything around them. It doesn't take Oscar-level acting to portray that, and she did a decent job for what the character was there for. Vernon was fun and entertaining, and I liked his obvious attempts to flirt and get her to go out with him. It was like one of those co-workers who you know likes you, but you just aren't interested, but who refuses to give up. We all know people like that.

Whatever problems the script had, that doesn't mean the ENTIRE movie was "bad"- just that it had some hiccups in the plot and dialog that needed ironing out. And that's okay- it's not "The Godfather", after all. Probably would have been much better if parts hadn't been cut out. I suspect that we WILL see some of those parts when the DVD/Blue Ray come out, and these just might change some people's minds, especially if there is an "uncut" version with additional footage. I really hope we get one, because some of the people who seem to have the MOST problems with this film, would probably feel differently if not for the gaps.

zodiac brave
09-30-2014, 12:20 PM
at this point the movie is the movie.

it exists as is and theres no changing what we ended up with.

i was gonna get in on the whole debate about the quality of it, what bay wanted or what he was trying to get out of it or whatever...but im pretty tired of it all.

i'll be getting it, because i liked it.

no, it wasn't great, yes it being "turtles" is a pretty big reason why i can tolerate it and i dont give a single lump of crap about whether or not anyone else cares about why i like it or what they think of me for liking it.

i'm actually buying it twice.

once for the target bonus disc to satisfy my film buff love of BTS features and docs and once for the amazon version because i think that raphael statue is tuff.

the world will not end if the people who like it get and the people who dont, dont. it also won't end if everyone stops endlessly debating the same tired arguments and starting the same fights.

it's gonna look good next to all my other tmnt blu-rays.

Candy Kappa
09-30-2014, 12:30 PM

All the nostrils for you Cubed!

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/255/7/6/the_nose_knows_by_candykappa-d7yvcfv.jpg

Whatswiththeheadbands?
09-30-2014, 12:35 PM

If the Turtles don't have Nostrils, how are they supposed to breath?

go_ninja84
09-30-2014, 01:00 PM
your half right, they dont care about making a movie that caters to the roots of TMNT we all know and grew up with. they just wanted to tell a story with action, and suspense. which i think they did. they had alot of intense scenes and sweet fighting (example Shredder and Splinters fight scene when they invaded their lair). did anyone think maybe it was not aimed towards a fan of 30 yrs, maybe aimed towards younger generations and maybe might be interested in older incarnations of TMNT

Autbot_Benz
09-30-2014, 02:35 PM
For someone who hates turtle nostrils Cyber sure does talk about them a lot. I think when nobodys looking he is secretly looking up turtle nostrils.

IndigoErth
09-30-2014, 02:48 PM
secretly looking up turtle nostrils.
Information research or literally looking up them?

Paramount... 2016, Kleenex Tissues TMNT promo box, make it happen.

Autbot_Benz
09-30-2014, 03:01 PM
Information research or literally looking up them?

Paramount... 2016, Kleenex Tissues TMNT promo box, make it happen.

literally looking them up :P

TMNT is cooler than MOTU
10-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Nope. Not even gonna use it as a coaster.

Shark_Blade
10-02-2014, 04:37 AM
Nope. Not even gonna use it as a coaster.Of course no one's gonna use a $80 blu ray as a coaster. :trolleye:

Coola Yagami
10-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Of course no one's gonna use a $80 blu ray as a coaster. :trolleye:

80 dollars for that piece of crap? Not even if it came with the other 4 movies and models of all four tmnt (not just raph) would it ever be worth that much. What a rip off if that's true.

Shark_Blade
10-02-2014, 06:05 PM
80 dollars for that piece of crap? Not even if it came with the other 4 movies and models of all four tmnt (not just raph) would it ever be worth that much. What a rip off if that's true.

It's the 2 discs (3D & normal) version with the special Amazon statue, d'uh. :sweatdro:

ProactiveMan
10-02-2014, 06:41 PM
"A Worthy Piece to my Collection"? Sure. I've got the Octagon on Blu-ray; I'm not going to draw the line at Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

shuriken
10-02-2014, 06:47 PM
Nah. I'm happy owning the Turtle Movies I like.

Coola Yagami
10-02-2014, 07:04 PM

It's the 2 discs (3D & normal) version with the special Amazon statue, d'uh. :sweatdro:

Like I said, still not worth 80 bucks even if it came with statues of all four of them.

The Boston Ninja Turtle
10-02-2014, 08:15 PM
IMHO i dont feel movies in general are worth 30-40 bucks depending the edition

but thats me being cheap

Coola Yagami
10-02-2014, 09:40 PM
IMHO i dont feel movies in general are worth 30-40 bucks depending the edition

but thats me being cheap

No, that's you just having common sense. I mean 80 bucks, no matter what crap they toss into it is still too much for a disc.

IndigoErth
10-02-2014, 10:15 PM
I admit I might have considered Amazon's set if they had the other statues. As a gift idea...and leave it up to family if someone actually chose to go for it, or not.

Shame they only did the one though and left it to a vote, kind inevitable that Raph might win (or maybe Mikey) considering how fan polls often go these days. Leaving it up to a vote, poor Donnie prob didn't have a chance, dear Leo prob didn't have too much of a shot either. *sigh* Ah well... *pout face* Maybe one of the other three (or all?) will get to be the one next time.

slingtheory
10-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Nope. Wasn't into it in the theater and still not into it after having some time pass and rewatching some scenes on youtube. Don't need to see it again and im not so much of a collector where i feel the need to own it just because it's turtles.

cloud
10-06-2014, 11:02 PM
I'm a sucker with movies based on characters I love. I collected the box set of the Batman movies because even thought I didn't like Batman Forever that much and dislike Batman&Robin I still am interested in the behind the scenes materials. Same reason I am interested in getting the 2014 Ninja Turtles movie(Besides the fact Amazon has a statue gift pack). To be honest, I was not impressed with the 2014 movie and find it disappointing in how it just quickly told a poorly thought simplified new origin story for the turtles and Splinter. They movie did get the personalities of the turtles and made Megan Fox's April O'neil and Vern likable. The humor in the movie works very well.

Leolead
10-07-2014, 05:03 AM
I can't wait to dissect the movie, and find all the easter eggs!

MrPliggins
10-07-2014, 06:11 AM
While I enjoyed the movie, I voted "no". I don't usually buy movies anymore because they normally just collect dust on my shelf. The last one I bought was "The Avengers", and that's only because I was an extra and wanted to freeze frame it to see if I could spot myself anywhere. So it's been like 2 years since I have purchased a movie. However, if I see it highly marked down one day I may pick it up.

BubblyShell22
10-07-2014, 06:26 AM
You were an extra in "The Avengers?" That's cool, Mr. Pliggins.

As for my stance on this, no, I'm not going to get it. I didn't waste my money in the theater seeing this so there's no way in living hell I'm going to bother spending money on a
DVD for this piece of sh*t.

slingtheory
10-07-2014, 09:37 PM
I can't wait to dissect the movie, and find all the easter eggs!

What are you going to do if you can't find any?

evan2000
10-08-2014, 12:31 AM
What are you going to do if you can't find any?
For a start, we'll get to figure out what's written on back of the turtles' shell and Mikey's bandana.

mexichrist83
10-09-2014, 07:50 PM
I will not be buying this. The movie was a whole lot of nothing and I honestly have no interest in ever seeing the movie again, to be honest. However, it would be fun to own just to be able to show people how dumb and bad it is and riff it.

While there are very few bits that were even slightly decent or entertaining they are certainly not worth the price of purchase. If there was a commentary track I would be very interested in hearing what the filmmakers had to say about this movie but I still could not justify that as a reason to own this. I guess the only reason I could see myself owning this is if it was gifted to me by someone who didn't know that I didn't like the movie but that's about it.

Coola Yagami
10-09-2014, 08:09 PM
I will not be buying this. The movie was a whole lot of nothing and I honestly have no interest in ever seeing the movie again, to be honest. However, it would be fun to own just to be able to show people how dumb and bad it is and riff it.

While there are very few bits that were even slightly decent or entertaining they are certainly not worth the price of purchase. If there was a commentary track I would be very interested in hearing what the filmmakers had to say about this movie but I still could not justify that as a reason to own this. I guess the only reason I could see myself owning this is if it was gifted to me by someone who didn't know that I didn't like the movie but that's about it.

Another option is just rent it for a day. Then give it back and never look back. I'd be rolling my eyes as the people in the commentary would go on and on about how awesome the movie was.

Drose18
10-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Lol i was the one person who said maybe stream it, I thought that meant watch a couple times to see if i want it.

LeoRaph
10-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Lol i was the one person who said maybe stream it, I thought that meant watch a couple times to see if i want it.

Yeah, you're right that's exactly what it means.

Another option is just rent it for a day. Then give it back and never look back. I'd be rolling my eyes as the people in the commentary would go on and on about how awesome the movie was.

I think subconsciously I forgot to put rent it out as dvd hire stores seem to be going under now with netflix in the US and quickflix here dominating both with mail dvds and streaming.

Breadcrab
10-12-2014, 02:18 AM
As it stands right now, definitely not. This movie was so crushingly bland and disappointing to me that I see no reason to own it, especially considering I'm somewhat short on cash these days and could use it to buy any number of things that would be more entertaining.

I'll go ahead and rent it from Redbox when it arrives there, just to give it a second chance and see if my opinion changes. In the unlikely event that it does and I'm somehow struck blind by the magnificence that I supposedly missed the first time around, I may consider a purchase somewhere down the line. Of course, I'll bet dollars to donuts that it'll suck just as much as it did when I saw it in the cinema.

By and large, I've given up on this one. Here's hoping the sequel will be a little better.

Hannurdock
10-13-2014, 02:41 AM
Oh yeah. Whenever we get it over here in the UK, I'm going to get it.

CharmedSerenity
10-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Oh yeah. Whenever we get it over here in the UK, I'm going to get it.

Same here, ^^

DarkFell
10-18-2014, 11:47 AM
I might either rent it on Redbox or watch it on YouTube before I make that final call.

Jeff
10-18-2014, 02:44 PM
nope. i have no desire to watch it a second time.

The Turtle Terminator
10-18-2014, 04:41 PM
Def gonna add to the collection. Its a great movie

tmntpower2k14
10-18-2014, 07:53 PM
Of course, at worst it's the 2nd best film in the franchise. Was entertaining. I can fast forward through the boring parts as well. Why would any TMNT fan not want to own this movie? Hmmm ...

LeoRaph
10-18-2014, 08:05 PM
Why would any TMNT fan not want to own this movie? Hmmm ...

You're kidding right? Apart from your indirect insult to those who 'genuinely' didn't care for it and have stated their reasons in this thread and many others you have partly answered your own question. You shouldn't HAVE to Fast Forward TMNT.

CMJeff
10-18-2014, 11:33 PM
I pre-ordered the Amazon version with the statue

Shark_Blade
10-18-2014, 11:58 PM
I pre-ordered the Amazon version with the statue

Cool! :D I should place my pre-order too.

Commenter 42
10-19-2014, 12:47 AM
Of course, at worst it's the 2nd best film in the franchise. Was entertaining. I can fast forward through the boring parts as well. Why would any TMNT fan not want to own this movie? Hmmm ...

Oh, you made a typo, let me fix that for you.

Of course, at best it's the 2nd worst film in the franchise. Wasn't entertaining. I can fast forward through the boring parts as well. Why would any TMNT fan want to own this movie? Hmmm ...

There, I fixed it. Makes perfect sense now.
8)

HotNunchuckFury
10-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Will definitely be getting it, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Coola Yagami
10-19-2014, 02:58 PM
How can anyone that actually consider themselves any kind of tmnt fan want this in their collection? Did they even like that original show/movies/comics?

I think ghost rider is awesome but I'm not buying his crappy movies.

samxsteal
10-19-2014, 04:27 PM
How can anyone that actually consider themselves any kind of tmnt fan want this in their collection? Did they even like that original show/movies/comics?

I think ghost rider is awesome but I'm not buying his crappy movies.

dude seriously get over it Loads of people like this movie. You need to get over yourself.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
10-19-2014, 04:30 PM

Because maybe people like this movie and you don't?

And anyway, how would you define a real fan?

Autbot_Benz
10-19-2014, 04:33 PM
dude seriously get over it Loads of people like this movie. You need to get over yourself.

Coola won't stop until he pushes his opinion that 2014 movie sucked as fact. He can't let it go that some people actually enjoyed this movie.

IndigoErth
10-19-2014, 05:18 PM
Both sides could do well to just let it go...
http://hyaz.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/frozen-gif.gif?w=300&h=148

http://31.media.tumblr.com/306dfacdd997d4125b6b19e420dfcd06/tumblr_mxkb1tu38O1s8kxvlo1_250.gif

Ok the last one was mostly because it made me laugh. Mostly. (Though not wholly directed at this particular group; internet in general.)

Rest up TMNT fans, for in the not too distant future we'll be able to start agonizing over sequel details.

Bloodsucker
10-19-2014, 05:23 PM

I am with you to broseph! good guys like us know that tihs is the real deal action fighters the turtles! you like the MMA too right i know i read for long time how you love the movie like me and i am happy we now can talk real real deal turtles to bad if they dont like it i think they just dont get it but sometime they will it will be good whenthey do then we are all agreeing

Bloodsucker
10-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Coola won't stop until he pushes his opinion that 2014 movie sucked as fact. He can't let it go that some people actually enjoyed this movie.

you are right i agree also. hello friend!

Blossombrooks
10-19-2014, 06:03 PM
The collector in me is screaming but no, I won't be buying it. I personally do not wish to watch it again at present, perhaps in the future that will change but I doubt it.

miru
10-19-2014, 06:18 PM
Not unless I get Manos, Plan 9, Ratatoing, and Movie 43 with it.

Coola Yagami
10-19-2014, 06:38 PM
Because maybe people like this movie and you don't?

And anyway, how would you define a real fan?

Anyone that likes the turtles for who and what they are. They're kick ass ninjas not over powered hulks that don't even need ninja training or their weapons. Shredder and Splinter backstory. The foot being ninjas. You know what the turtles are or you wouldn't be here. You shouldn't have have to ask me that.

This movie and the people behind it basically thought 'eh the turtles suck. We'll fix em and make em better'.

The turtles have gone over 30 years as they were. This movie didn't need to change most of everything that made them what they were to make a movie.

The movie sucked as a tmnt movie and as a movie in general, which is saying a lot because really... How hard is it to make a tmnt movie. It's not meant to be Oscar worthy but it can still be done right.

Sorry if the facts are hard to swallow but obviously the people behind this had no idea what they were doing from the get go. The people that made this such a hit financially are the same ones responsible for the transformers sequels.

Bloodsucker
10-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Anyone that likes the turtles for who and what they are. They're kick ass ninjas not over powered hulks that don't even need ninja training or their weapons. Shredder and Splinter backstory. The foot being ninjas. You know what the turtles are or you wouldn't be here. You shouldn't have have to ask me that.

This movie and the people behind it basically thought 'eh the turtles suck. We'll fix em and make em better'.

The turtles have gone over 30 years as they were. This movie didn't need to change most of everything that made them what they were to make a movie.

The movie sucked as a tmnt movie and as a movie in general, which is saying a lot because really... How hard is it to make a tmnt movie. It's not meant to be Oscar worthy but it can still be done right.

Sorry if the facts are hard to swallow but obviously the people behind this had no idea what they were doing from the get go. The people that made this such a hit financially are the same ones responsible for the transformers sequels.

You are right the turtles have been fixed and made btter. Did you see the part where they did the crazy fighting? i think they made that better. I don't know how hard it is to make TMNT movie but yes i think it is hard.
I think they didn't know how to make the movie when they start, but they figure it out like everyone does. so they figured how to make it good and now everyone is happy.

Coola Yagami
10-19-2014, 07:00 PM
You are right the turtles have been fixed and made btter. Did you see the part where they did the crazy fighting? i think they made that better. I don't know how hard it is to make TMNT movie but yes i think it is hard.
I think they didn't know how to make the movie when they start, but they figure it out like everyone does. so they figured how to make it good and now everyone is happy.

No. Not everyone. And they still could have made a good movie with actual normal sized ninja turtles (these guys were not ninjas) real ninja foot and a shredder that doesn't need to be iron man to fight. Plus some downtime, a chance to know and care about the turtles and remember that they are the main characters. Plus a better overall story. Not that hard.

Powder
10-19-2014, 07:02 PM
they figured how to make it good and now everyone is happy.

http://i57.tinypic.com/rk3ijc.gif

Coola Yagami
10-19-2014, 07:05 PM

Exactly. That was almost my reaction right there.

Bloodsucker
10-19-2014, 07:06 PM
No. Not everyone. And they still could have made a good movie with actual normal sized ninja turtles (these guys were not ninjas) real ninja foot and a shredder that doesn't need to be iron man to fight. Plus some downtime, a chance to know and care about the turtles and remember that they are the main characters. Plus a better overall story. Not that hard.

i know it is better to make not ninjas. I think they fight more like real MMA not fake Ninja that no one has ever watched. They could do Capoeira part 2 and grapple more like real MMA
army always use guns like here the gang use guns so it is real to me.
for fighting it is better to have robot suit so you don't hurt

IndigoErth
10-19-2014, 07:08 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/0ad3f50d0877aed13bf7adcc95651c0d/tumblr_inline_nc88gyzR1q1sfqeuz.gif

Bloodsucker
10-19-2014, 07:08 PM
you are cute with me thanks friend

TurtleTitan97
10-19-2014, 07:09 PM
i know it is better to make not ninjas.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard! :trolleye: They're called Teenage Mutant NINJA Turtles, why should they be anything else? That's like saying it would be better if the Flash was slow instead of fast. :roll:

Bloodsucker
10-19-2014, 07:13 PM
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard! :trolleye: They're called Teenage Mutant NINJA Turtles, why should they be anything else? That's like saying it would be better if the Flash was slow instead of fast. :roll:

I'm glad to talk to you again friend. let us talk about the new movie.
Flash can be flash if he take his time. it isn't a big change being slow some times he can still be fast too. he is slow in the TV show then he is fast then slow. he is still flashing

Coola Yagami
10-19-2014, 07:15 PM
Obvious troll is obvious. Ignore.

Bloodsucker
10-19-2014, 07:19 PM

Stop? you not get my point not my fault.
come to Brasil, you can see for yourself life here. men have machine guns and sell drugs to people and kill you you don't know how it is here.
here you have to fight amd be protected and fight for real they did this in the movie.

TurtleTitan97
10-19-2014, 07:19 PM
I'm glad to talk to you again friend. let us talk about the new movie.
Flash can be flash if he take his time. it isn't a big change being slow some times he can still be fast too. he is slow in the TV show then he is fast then slow. he is still flashing

Wow. That is really stupid.

Don't worry, I fully intend to put this troll on my ignore list. Talking to him ain't worth the effort.

Bloodsucker
10-19-2014, 07:22 PM
wow. That is really stupid.

Don't worry, i fully intend to put this troll on my ignore list. Talking to him ain't worth the effort.

i am girl!!!

Coola Yagami
10-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Stop? you not get my point not my fault.
come to Brasil, you can see for yourself life here. men have machine guns and sell drugs to people and kill you you don't know how it is here.
here you have to fight amd be protected and fight for real they did this in the movie.

I can't resist. I'll just reply this last time.

Tmnt takes place in New York. Not Brazil. So who cares how life is in Brazil when making a tmnt movie. This is about mutant ninjas. If you want to see a movie about more realistic fighting and drug deals gone bad watch a crime drama. This is obviously not the movie for you.

Bloodsucker
10-19-2014, 07:26 PM
I can't resist. I'll just reply this last time.

Tmnt takes place in New York. Not Brazil. So who cares how life is in Brazil when making a tmnt movie. This is about mutant ninjas. If you want to see a movie about more realistic fighting and drug deals gone bad watch a crime drama. This is obviously not the movie for you.

Turtles stop the crimes. this is movie of good turtles fighting bad guy. New york or brasil, bad men will use gun to fight, not be ninja.

Coola Yagami
10-19-2014, 07:30 PM
Turtles stop the crimes. this is movie of good turtles fighting bad guy. New york or brasil, bad men will use gun to fight, not be ninja.

Batman fights bad guys. Real bad guys are regular people. They're not dressed as clowns, have half their faces burnt off, run around with a breather mask or a scarecrow mask. So what's your point?

This is a tmnt movie. They fight ninjas in the comics/cartoons so they should fight ninjas in the movies.

Real cities don't have a big military swat team taking over the city, doncha know. Or at least New York doesn't.

Bloodsucker
10-19-2014, 07:40 PM
Batman fights bad guys. Real bad guys are regular people. They're not dressed as clowns, have half their faces burnt off, run around with a breather mask or a scarecrow mask. So what's your point?

This is a tmnt movie. They fight ninjas in the comics/cartoons so they should fight ninjas in the movies.

Real cities don't have a big military swat team taking over the city, doncha know. Or at least New York doesn't.

i do not live in New York so i am very sorry to not know this. it is my life here. it is like real life for me.
http://www.lazlow.com/uploaded_images/gwb_in_brazil_040-790934.jpg
Rio is big city here
http://www.aljazeera.com/mritems/Images/2014/6/5/201465111552985580_20.jpg

Coola Yagami
10-19-2014, 09:03 PM
i do not live in New York so i am very sorry to not know this. it is my life here. it is like real life for me.
http://www.lazlow.com/uploaded_images/gwb_in_brazil_040-790934.jpg
Rio is big city here
http://www.aljazeera.com/mritems/Images/2014/6/5/201465111552985580_20.jpg

I'm sorry you have to live there and deal with that kind of mess, but it doesn't change the fact that tmnt isn't about fighting armed soldiers. I used to live in Mexico and I'm not gonna complain that the turtles weren't fighting the cartels and that they rescue April from getting her head cut off.

Bry
10-19-2014, 09:18 PM
i know it is better to make not ninjas. I think they fight more like real MMA not fake Ninja that no one has ever watched.

Trolling or not, this post proved everything that's wrong with the mindset that went into making this movie. So if that was your intention... kudos!

This is a movie that seemingly went out of its way to take as much "ninja" out of a movie with "ninja" in the title as possible. Never forget: they tried to do the same with the "mutant" part until the Internet blew up over the Alien Turtles script. These people totally missed the point from square one. It was never gonna be any good.

Bloodsucker
10-19-2014, 09:29 PM
Trolling or not, this post proved everything that's wrong with the mindset that went into making this movie. So if that was your intention... kudos!

This is a movie that seemingly went out of its way to take as much "ninja" out of a movie with "ninja" in the title as possible. Never forget: they tried to do the same with the "mutant" part until the Internet blew up over the Alien Turtles script. These people totally missed the point from square one. It was never gonna be any good.

It was my intention Bry, and I am glad someone got it. I wanted to make a splash entrance. I hope it worked.

The Boston Ninja Turtle
10-19-2014, 09:46 PM
It was my intention Bry, and I am glad someone got it. I wanted to make a splash entrance. I hope it worked.

wow your English got better real fast

that said...i dont think bry was saying that to agree with you

again they went out of their way to remove everything Ninja from this movie...from the start of dunes involvement this movie was "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" in name only

Bloodsucker
10-19-2014, 09:54 PM
wow your English got better real fast

that said...i dont think bry was saying that to agree with you

again they went out of their way to remove everything Ninja from this movie...from the start of dunes involvement this movie was "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" in name only

My reply was to the first part, not the Second. I am Brazilian, but I wanted to point out how ridiculous the recent TMNT film was, without resorting to the usual arguments I've read on this forum prior to joining.

TheCanadiandrome
10-24-2014, 09:31 PM
i go with the majority and pick the first one