PDA

View Full Version : Official Ep Discussion: S3 Ep4 "The Croaking"

Pages : [1] 2

Machias Banshee
11-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Okay, so we've got a new episode tomorrow night. Looks like it's time for Mike to show he's not a total screw up again. Plus we have a visit from some revamped characters of the OT series.

I don't have further at this point, cuz 1. it's late and 2. I don't have a link to the preview clip. Since I will not be on here tomorrow, I won't be able to unlock this.

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNTIL AFTER THE SHOW HAS AIRED.

Jephael
11-06-2014, 10:17 PM
PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNTIL AFTER THE SHOW HAS AIRED.

Okay. :tlol: :trazz:

saintsaucey
11-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Love the fact that one of the police sketchs of the creatures who attcked the campsites looked like a bayturtle.

Also do the frogs predate the turtles coming to the farm? Or are they just really advanced.

We have
Atilla The Frog
Gengis Frog
Rasputin
and Napoleon Bona Frog

CyberCubed
11-07-2014, 06:33 PM
I thought this was the best episode of Season 3 yet! I absolutely love what they did with the Punk Frogs, making them all distinguishable from each other with unique personalities and designs. I also like that they had an army of them.

Michelangelo was really well written in this episode too, as was everyone else for that matter. No Don/Casey fighting over April, no Mikey being too stupid, etc.

I also lol'd at the nod of the 2014 movie Turtle design.

snake
Okay episode. Speed Demon turns out to be a mutant instead of somthing interesting like an actual demon.

Ninturtle
I liked this episode alot I hope I they make figures for all 4 frogs

Jephael
11-07-2014, 06:34 PM
I was so stoked when I realized that was Maurice "The Brain" Lamarce as Rasputin!!! I think Clancy Brown (who regularly plays Bradford/Dog Pound/Rahzar) was the voice of Genghis, though I can't be certain. Over all, awesome episode!!!! The references to Napoleon Dynamite were awesome!!!

IndigoErth
Baahahahah! Ok, that was refreshingly amusing after the scary themed ones. Interesting take on the frogs. Good on April for calling them out.

Anyone have the image from Donnie's computer? I can't be the only one that saw what I thought I saw (and died laughing). Sure looked like a maskless movie Mikey to me. :lol: What did they say? Green monsters on two legs? Oh snaaaaap.

That car looks... kinda evil. :P

snake
I liked this episode alot I hope I they make figures for all 4 frogs

Genghis would be cool to have.

CyberCubed
11-07-2014, 06:35 PM
Noticed a possible continuity error with Mikey saying he was 15, shouldn't he be 16 by now? They mentioned the finale of Season 2 being 1 year after the first Kraang invasion.

Vicky82
11-07-2014, 06:35 PM
Oh My God, that was a great episode, lots of feels and funny moments.

Anyone see the pic of 2014 movie turtles on Donnie laptop :lol:

Majcvd49
11-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Did April get knocked out when the frog leapt at her like in the promo? Or was she the turtles savior this episode once again?

snake
11-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Noticed a possible continuity error with Mikey saying he was 15, shouldn't he be 16 by now? They mentioned the finale of Season 2 being 1 year after the first Kraang invasion.

I noticed that too. Maybe he has a birthday coming up?

ObiWanFan4life
Pretty Solid Episode, I felt like Napoleon's was trying a bit too hard to sound like Jon Heder but still good nevertheless. I also liked the action, and that Leonardo isn't on crutches anymore. But what was with that ending?

snake
Did April get knocked out when the frog leapt at her like in the promo? Or was she the turtles savior this episode once again?

They saved her.

snake
11-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Pretty Solid Episode, I felt like Napoleon's was trying a bit too hard to sound like Jon Heder but still good nevertheless. I also liked the action, and that Leonardo isn't on crutches anymore. But what was with that ending?

Speed Demon. It's an upcoming mutant.

IndigoErth
Yeah, prob my only "complaint," third season, they could in theory be two years older by now, no one had aged I guess...

JTH
I actually enjoyed the comedy of the episode then the story itself.

I had some lol moments, but the overall story didn't do much for me.

Still, I'd watch it again for the humor, cause it definitely had that.

ToTheNines
11-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Pretty stupid episode, but it was fun. I enjoyed the humor, definitely a ton of references. My favorite was probably the Marlon Brando ""the horror" gag.

Bummer that Lamarche and Paulsen didn't share any dialogue though.

I was so stoked when I realized that was Maurice "The Brain" Lamarce as Rasputin!!! I think Clancy Brown (who regularly plays Bradford/Dog Pound/Rahzar) was the voice of Genghis, though I can't be certain. Over all, awesome episode!!!! The references to Napoleon Dynamite were awesome!!!

It was KMR/Shredder, not Clancy.

Mellie
The preview had me worried, but it turned out to be a great episode. Loved the frogs, loved Mikey. The bayturtle sketch made me laugh :lol:

unlvcrjchick
Not necessarily a continuity error: Casey referred to the invasion from the first season having occurred "last year." We don't know how much time has passed between the first season finale and now. It could still conceivably be within a year that all these events have happened.

snake
No one referenced the fact that April's Mom poured the mutagen or was suprised about the frogs living in the woods?

PangolinFeets
11-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Ok. I didn't hate the frogs. I really thought I would. Happy to see April call out the guys for ragging on Mikey all the time and I love ICK wrestling. :3

At first I thought it was weird that they didn't address that Leo was off the came entirely. Then there was the scene where he bombed on that frog and it looked like it hurt his leg again.
Maybe Leo's permanantly messed up...

newhire13

Lol, that was Jon Heder

Jephael
Yeah, prob my only "complaint," third season, they could in theory be two years older by now, no one had aged I guess...

What do you expect? They're cartoon characters here. Just like Bart and Lisa Simpson, they never age.

snake
11-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Lol, that was Jon Heder

It was? I thought it was him, but I wasn't sure if it was actually Heder.

Ninturtle
11-07-2014, 06:41 PM

Well the first invasion could have happened late in the year and the second one a few months later

Vicky82
11-07-2014, 06:42 PM
I was right about Mikey wanting to return to New York.

Raph was such a jerk at the begining of this episode, he called Mikey a screw up and threw poor ICK back into the freezer but later it was sweet seeing him hug Mikey.

I'm glad April defended Mikey saying to others that they were jerks.

Bit confused on the age thing here but other than that, I loved this episode

snake
11-07-2014, 06:43 PM
I was right about Mikey wanting to return to New York.

Raph was such a jerk at the begining of this episode, he called Mikey a screw up and threw poor ICK back into the freezer but later it was sweet seeing him hug Mikey.

I'm glad April defended Mikey saying to others that they were jerks.

Bit confused on the age thing here but other than that, I loved this episode

Why would he want to go back to NYC? That place is pretty much hell on earth now, so why?

IndigoErth
11-07-2014, 06:43 PM
What do you expect? They're cartoon characters here. Just like Bart and Lisa Simpson, they never age.
I know, but they're not normally a continuing storyline, most regular cartoons exist like the Groundhogs Day movie. :P

Still kind of laughing over this episode. Goofy as all get out in some ways, but I'd say it was pretty well a win through multiple parts of it. :D God I hope Bay & Co. know of the reference at some point... a nice friendly little jab at them. lol

snake
11-07-2014, 06:46 PM
It's possible that the first 3 seasons happened within a year.

RedOnYellow
The first 3 minutes of the episode had me afraid. Mikey running away was rushed and pretty weak, and way too many Napoleon Dynamite refrences came all at once.

Then they met the frog council and it was a great episode from then on out.

Dream Beavers look better than I thought they would. Hope the turtle's dreams give more insight into them than their worst fears did.

JTH
Why would he want to go back to NYC? That place is pretty much hell on earth now, so why?

To find Splinter maybe? :ohwell:

snake
11-07-2014, 06:47 PM
To find Splinter maybe? :ohwell:

The turtles think Splinter is dead.

raphmike
11-07-2014, 06:47 PM
only people already see it just click.
did i see two last pic when donnie look up laptop one of frog
from tmnt1987 and last one new movie mikey that cool.

i love this episode and really good 9/10

Vicky82
11-07-2014, 06:49 PM

Because it's his home and has lived there all his life, I bet he misses the place and misses Splinter.

snake
11-07-2014, 06:49 PM
What did everyone love about this episode so much? I found it fun, but it was pretty meh in general. Not as bad as A Foot Too Big, though. It would've been better as a two-parter.

PangolinFeets
11-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Oh yea. Dream Beaver promo looks awesome. I can't wait for that one. :D

Aaronardo
Fine episode. The Mikey development, the 2014 movie reference (seriously, LOL.), Napoleon being a Napoleon Dynamite-esque character, and the fact that the head of the frogs was played by the Godfather were the highlights of this episode. Also, I like that the Turtles are building an army. It'd be sweet to begin the Return to New York with them marching in with all the mutants they met behind them, ready for war.

Seriously, though, the next episode features the Dream Beavers. That's five filler episodes of little-to-no substance in a row (unless you count the third episode, which didn't blatantly start anything, and four if the next episode actually does bring us something). It feels like they're really testing the loyalty of the fans.

All I can say is, this better lead up to something amazing.

IndigoErth
did i see two last pic when donnie look up laptop one of frog from tmnt1987 and last one new movie mikey that cool.
'87 one didn't even click with me, laughing too hard over the movie one. Someone get a pic please who is able. lol

Powder
11-07-2014, 06:57 PM
I thought this was the best episode of Season 3 yet! I absolutely love what they did with the Punk Frogs, making them all distinguishable from each other with unique personalities and designs. I also like that they had an army of them.

Michelangelo was really well written in this episode too, as was everyone else for that matter. No Don/Casey fighting over April, no Mikey being too stupid, etc.

I also lol'd at the nod of the 2014 movie Turtle design.

Pretty much this! What a fun episode. Not my favorite like Cubed's, but it stands out for sure. Aside from the Bayturtle, it was cool that the other sketch was based on Genghis' original look. & I was soooooo happy to have Maurice Lamarche on board, who is someone I've wanted from the beginning. I love that he did a Godfather schtick for Atilla. :tlol: I am not a Napoleon Dynamite fan, but for whatever reason I found the parody of him a good fit for this character (or the design, at least). Quite funny. The tree burning down made me hella sad though. :tsad:

ObiWanFan4life
11-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Loved the reference/jab at the 2014 movie. I loved Maurice LaMarche doing a Marlon Brando impression. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if that actually was Jon Heder as Napoleon.

Jephael
11-07-2014, 06:58 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if that actually was Jon Heder as Napoleon.

That... was... him.

NinjaPug
11-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Meh, not really a fan of this episode. Had some funny moments but it was nothing special.

I got really tired of the repeated nods to Napoleon Dynamite. Love that movie. Love TMNT. Just don't like them trying to mix.

Still don't like Seth Green as Leo. Not sure I'll ever get used to him voicing Leo.

RandomtasticFantasy
11-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Thought it was pretty 'meh', honestly. Though it did have some fun moments and I loved Raph giving Mikey that awkward hug.

Vicky82
11-07-2014, 07:04 PM
IGN gave it a 7.7 :ohwell:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/08/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-the-croaking-review?+main+twitter

snake
11-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Pretty much this! What a fun episode. Not my favorite like Cubed's, but it stands out for sure. Aside from the Bayturtle, it was cool that the other sketch was based on Genghis' original look. & I was soooooo happy to have Maurice Lamarche on board, who is someone I've wanted from the beginning. I love that he did a Godfather schtick for Atilla. :tlol: I am not a Napoleon Dynamite fan, but for whatever reason I found the parody of him a good fit for this character (or the design, at least). Quite funny. The tree burning down made me hella sad though. :tsad:

The other sketch was based on Genghis' original look? I never knew that. Neat.

JTH
11-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Still don't like Seth Green as Leo. Not sure I'll ever get used to him voicing Leo.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxvlkjg7Uw1qmw843.gif

MikeandRaph87
11-07-2014, 07:07 PM
I won't get to see this on the DVR for another hour. Do tell me though,how many Punk Frogs are there? Are they allies by episode's end? Thanks.

Jephael
11-07-2014, 07:08 PM
I won't get to see this on the DVR for another hour. Do tell me though,how many Punk Frogs are there? Are they allies by episode's end? Thanks.

Yes they are. Not really sure how many frog soldiers there were, but you had the 4 ones all named after the Punk Frogs of the classic series.

snake
11-07-2014, 07:08 PM

Lots, dude. Over 10.

And yes.

Powder
11-07-2014, 07:10 PM
The other sketch was based on Genghis' original look? I never knew that. Neat.

I didn't mean the far left one was concept art, but rather the middle one is taken from the OT/Playmates line. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. But if you're curious about his actual original look...

http://i62.tinypic.com/246rw28.jpg

Jephael
11-07-2014, 07:13 PM
I didn't mean the far left one was concept art, but rather the middle one is taken from the OT/Playmates line. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. But if you're curious about his actual original look...

I'm suddenly in the mood to play with my action figures.

snake
11-07-2014, 07:16 PM

Oh, I've seen that one before. Neat design. I ddin't notice the one in the show was the playmates design. I was too focused on the 2014 movie turtle. :P

CyberCubed
11-07-2014, 07:17 PM
The ending confuses me, are they literally saying a car mutates now? So why doesn't the mutagen mutate every mechanical object it touches now? What about Computer Man, or a TV mutant?

Wait, don't give the writers any ideas. :lol:

Luckyday
11-07-2014, 07:19 PM
My thoughts
http://thi.uloz.to/b/e/1/be1893357b8f5b545f2d95eb79bdfc61.640x360.png

IndigoErth
11-07-2014, 07:21 PM
The ending confuses me, are they literally saying a car mutates now? So why doesn't the mutagen mutate every mechanical object it touches now? What about Computer Man, or a TV mutant?
Evil demon "Christine" type car maybe, so... evil car magic? Should make it like an evil KITT, at least in that case it has some level of intelligence. lol

Don't forget Road Asphalt Mutant.

Powder
11-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I'm guessing that it's already a ghost car or something. :tlol: I don't really expect too much logical stuff in such a wacky show, so it's whatever. Keep me entertained & I'm good.

Luckyday
11-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Evil demon "Christine" type car car maybe, so... evil car magic? Should make it like an evil KITT, at least in that case it has some level of intelligence. lol

Don't forget Road Asphalt Mutant.

I thinking that maybe when Donnie finds the car and it's normal but he accidently touches the part that has mutagen on it.

IndigoErth
11-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Curious to find out how they meet up with this car in the first place... Maybe it mysteriously breaks down on the road not far from the house? I didn't even think that episode would even be happening that soon. Next weeks doesn't seem to be it's episode and evil thing is already in the area, so is there an evil owner who lives in the area? Hmm so much to ponder... ;)

I could see Donnie wanting to drag it into the barn and gets obsessed with this project. While Mikey's "ninja senses" are tingling that something isn't right.

ssjup81
11-07-2014, 07:48 PM
It was? I thought it was him, but I wasn't sure if it was actually Heder.Yeah, that was the joke. :lol:

That aside I'm looking forward to seeing this ep more. It sounds like Mikey's running off isn't as trivial as I thought.

veemonjosh
11-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Curious to find out how they meet up with this car in the first place... Maybe it mysteriously breaks down on the road not far from the house? I didn't even think that episode would even be happening that soon. Next weeks doesn't seem to be it's episode and evil thing is already in the area, so is there an evil owner who lives in the area? Hmm so much to ponder... ;)

The episode with the car seems to be happening the week after next. I have a strong feeling that Nickelodeon has been airing these episodes out of production order, and this one was actually supposed to flow right into the episode we'll be seeing in two weeks.

miru
11-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Surprised the frogs were not evil. Wonder what they would think of Karai?

newhire13
11-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Small thing but I loved the Mikey vs Napoleon scene. I thought it did a good job of showcasing his martial arts skills with how nonchalant he was while defending himself as well as highlighting his "I don't want to hurt you", kind nature. Raphael for example would have gone rip **** and would have been trash talking the entire time.

drgon78
11-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Great episode, and we did get all four punk frogs and them some. I like Napoleon Bonafrog and the frogs in general.

Powder
11-07-2014, 08:55 PM

Buuuuuuuuut they were... Did we not watch the same show? They destroyed the farmhouse & wanted to get rid of human beings.

CyberCubed
11-07-2014, 09:03 PM
I just love the fact that all 4 previous Frogs were reimagined as great and unique characters. Prior to this all the frogs looked exactly the same except different clothes and a different shade of green.

lonewarrior20
11-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Buuuuuuuuut they were... Did we not watch the same show? They destroyed the farmhouse & wanted to get rid of human beings.

i wonder how the farm house'll look in the next episode? i mean the only thing technically still standing is the roof.

IndigoErth
11-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Kinda were but guess they're friends now. Little disappointed they didn't stay enemies. lol As for Karai... o.O Yeah, considering also I think snakes eat frogs? The initial reaction might be priceless.

Powder
11-07-2014, 09:08 PM
i wonder how the farm house'll look in the next episode? i mean the only thing technically still standing is the roof.

I guess we shouldn't be surprised if it looks normal, considering these episodes are being aired out of order. I do hope there's a scene where they're doing repairs though, rather than having us assume they fixed everything up between episodes. & at some point, if they do the repair scene, they gotta riff on that bit where Casey calls April "babe", among other things, & then breaks his seat. :tlol:

CyberCubed
11-07-2014, 09:11 PM
I guess we shouldn't be surprised if it looks normal, considering these episodes are being aired out of order. I do hope there's a scene where they're doing repairs though, rather than having us assume they fixed everything up between episodes. & at some point, if they do the repair scene, they gotta riff on that bit where Casey calls April "babe", among other things, & then breaks his seat. :tlol:

The episodes do seem like they're airing out of order, you can tell because Don's interactions with April are subdued while in the last episode he was creeping on April again.

Also the fact that the end of this episode suggests the Speed Demon car ep is next, yet the previews show the Dream Beaver eps airing next week instead.

Powder
11-07-2014, 09:26 PM
It makes me wonder, is it just carelessness on part of Nick, or do they purposefully do this because they think it works better? After all, they forced the gang to rename The Manhatten Project to Wormquake.

CyberCubed
11-07-2014, 09:34 PM
It makes me wonder, is it just carelessness on part of Nick, or do they purposefully do this because they think it works better? After all, they forced the gang to rename The Manhatten Project to Wormquake.

My guess is to not put too many similar themed episodes together? Next weeks episode is another horror themed episode, and we had 2 of those this season already.

samxsteal
11-07-2014, 09:38 PM
only people already see it just click.
did i see two last pic when donnie look up laptop one of frog
from tmnt1987 and last one new movie mikey that cool.

i love this episode and really good 9/10

'87 one didn't even click with me, laughing too hard over the movie one. Someone get a pic please who is able. lol

thought it was funny and cool

In this weeks Episode of TMNT "The croaking" on nick

Mikey runs away and hang out with mutant frogs Donnie bring up and article and mikey look familiar right its the mask-less 2014 Movie version of mikey
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10628520_10152921410843013_6324495945355091697_n.j pg?oh=5ba4ddcc7881ed714640c2ef9c761f48&oe=54DF6F0B

Thought i would share

MisfitKraang
11-07-2014, 09:38 PM
I really loved the episode it was great. I loved the frogs being reimagined and I loved Napoleon plus I really like the movie^_^ anyway I think this is the best of season 3 so far:D and the ending kind of it reaked me out and I have no idea why, I'm not the kind of person that ever gets scared but that car was kinda unsettling for me even if I know it some how mutates with Donnie :-?

CyberCubed
11-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Haha, I love the text in that computer screen. Nick's subtle touches are great. Also the middle sketch looks like their 80's design

NinjaPug
11-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Based on the production numbers, episodes are not being aired out of order.

CyberCubed
11-07-2014, 09:55 PM
Based on the production numbers, episodes are not being aired out of order.

There are some inconsistencies though. Maybe they were produced in a certain order but still meant to be aired in others.

I guess we'll see next week.

Storm Eagle
11-07-2014, 10:22 PM
When Michelangelo offered Napoleon Bonafrog the pizza, I thought he'd reject it. The mutant frogs from the 80s series hated pizza. Also, when Napoleon Bonafrog said that they have relatives in the south, he mentioned Louisiana and I thought he'd mention Florida instead.

Coola Yagami
11-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Eh.... the episode is a mixed bag for me. I'm really not sure what to think of the frogs. On one side, I did like that they were all very different and based heavily on the people they were named after. Other than that, I kinda didn't care much for their anti-human deal, nor running a mutant frog army. The Napoleon Dynamite thing was a bit lost on me since I never seen the movie, nor cared to. My girlfriend did get the references though and she laughed when she said 'the only thing missing is for him to say 'gosh'. and then seconds later he actually said it. It's also the first season 3 ep she's seen and Leos's voice threw her off a lot, but she could tell without me telling that her that it was Seth Green.

Weird episode. Not my favorite. Not exactly how I wanted the frogs to be re-imagined... but I do give them credit for making them completely different and with more established personalities.

CyberCubed
11-07-2014, 10:39 PM
Eh.... the episode is a mixed bag for me. I'm really not sure what to think of the frogs. On one side, I did like that they were all very different and based heavily on the people they were named after. Other than that, I kinda didn't care much for their anti-human deal, nor running a mutant frog army. The Napoleon Dynamite thing was a bit lost on me since I never seen the movie, nor cared to. My girlfriend did get the references though and she laughed when she said 'the only thing missing is for him to say 'gosh'. and then seconds later he actually said it. It's also the first season 3 ep she's seen and Leos's voice threw her off a lot, but she could tell without me telling that her that it was Seth Green.

Weird episode. Not my favorite. Not exactly how I wanted the frogs to be re-imagined... but I do give them credit for making them completely different and with more established personalities.

I never saw the Napoleon Dynamite movie either, but loved this episode due to the humor and interactions.

IndigoErth
11-07-2014, 10:40 PM
When Michelangelo offered Napoleon Bonafrog the pizza, I thought he'd reject it. The mutant frogs from the 80s series hated pizza.
Forgot that they didn't like it. Though personally I was stuck on wondering where Mikey had just pulled it from. Esp with the statement that it was warm.

Autbot_Benz
11-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Can we get back to New York now I miss Shredder Razhar Tiger Claw Splinter Leatherhead ETC.

Ninja Tiptup
11-07-2014, 10:47 PM
I just about lost it when Napoleon asked about nunchuck skills and did his dance. Jon Heder was excellent.

Great to hear Maurice LaMaurche but it's a pity he never shared a scene with Donatello despite voicing 2 of the Frogs.

Clever re-imaging of the punk frogs by having the main four originals as significant characters each with personality and at least two of them acting a bit like their namesakes. Attila as the godfrog was a riot.

CyberCubed
11-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Can we get back to New York now I miss Shredder Razhar Tiger Claw Splinter Leatherhead ETC.

I heard we're spending up to episode 13 in Northampton. From the looks of things we have a way to go.

ShelleyQuick
11-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Does anybody know when iTunes usually updates the new episodes?

Mellie
11-07-2014, 11:12 PM
13 episodes seems like too much. I hope we're out by 9 or 10. :/

aliena
11-07-2014, 11:19 PM
I did not care for this episode that much. I felt it was rushed and as someone else on here said, it should have been two episodes. That might have helped a lot. I did find some moments funny and I did like how Mikey casually defended himself since he's so strong as a Ninja.

I think the things that bothered me were that Mikey said he was 15, they should at least be 16 by now. I know that everything that has happened could have taken place within a year, but that doesn't explain how much they've grown and matured.

I think this episode set Mikey back some. I could see him getting restless and going a bit wild, but trashing the house three times in a week? That would make me mad too. I don't know how the others could not react as angrily as they did. I figured the fight would be about Mikey wanting to try to go home and they stop him, not that he parties too hard.

And absolutely no mention of Leo being off the crutch and acting like he's all better. He did fall with that frog and then grab his leg, but they should have at least mentioned how great he was doing without the crutch.

The ending was way too rushed. It needed more. While I loved Raph hugging Mikey, I didn't like the way it played out. Mikey wasn't gone for all that long for Raph to be all emotional about the reunion, but stating that it was awkward and never to do it again just felt wrong. I don't think Mikey would ever say that to any of his brothers hugging him. I guess it was Raph's way of feeling bad that he was too hard on him. I got a tickling feeling that this was in some way foreshadowing of things to come in regards to Raph.

Maybe I'll like this episode better upon second viewing. As of now, it's in my bottom five least liked episodes.

BabyTurtles
11-07-2014, 11:38 PM
I caved and watched the episode....(darn it for being a Mikey episode....it called out to me)

I liked the first part...(excluding the trashing house scene)
When Mikey was befriending the frog that was actually pretty nice.

but....I didn't like the ending at all....the boys didn't apologize for being so harsh to Mikey....AGAIN.

....I'm done with these type of Mikey episodes.....I just want something new from him now.....I don't want the writers to keep making Mikey screw up conveniently just so the gang can get mad at him...causing him to do something good in the end.....

plz tell me I'm not the only one getting tired of this?

Cure
11-07-2014, 11:44 PM
This episode was cool with me. I liked the frogs a lot.

saber16
11-08-2014, 12:23 AM
but....I didn't like the ending at all....the boys didn't apologize for being so harsh to Mikey....AGAIN.

I don't know, I thought Raph hugging Mikey was a good way to make up for how he was treated in the beginning. I mean, I know they ALL didn't apologize, but it was a sweet moment.

Metalwolf
11-08-2014, 02:04 AM
\

I think the things that bothered me were that Mikey said he was 15, they should at least be 16 by now. I know that everything that has happened could have taken place within a year, but that doesn't explain how much they've grown and matured.

I agree. However, it is possible that they are on the edge of turning 16, allowing Mikey's '15' comment to be true while still giving us close to a full year passing.

And 'Last year' might mean that it happened 5 months ago, especially if the time period of the second invasion is February (since you can see snow falling, and then three months later at the farmhouse it looks to be about late springtime, probably sometime in May.) This allows almost 4 months for the Season 1 stuff to have happened, along with the 3 months for the farmhouse.

Alternately, it could be that Mikey himself is 15, while the others are a bit older. Yoshi might not have gotten them all at the same time, or they might be thrown in from a year older clutch of eggs if he got them from a breeder friend (sometimes not all of the babies sell that year, and plus I think they can't sell babies below a certain size.) This doesn't mean that they couldn't be bio siblings, as the friend might only have one or two mature breeding turtles, likely making the all babies he has related.

Enscripture
11-08-2014, 02:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/Scripture/punkfrongs.png

Why would this be need to be 2 episodes? It was done and dragging it on would be boring and stupid

Powder
11-08-2014, 03:07 AM
What are you talking about?

Sumac
11-08-2014, 04:09 AM
Pretty uninteresting filler episode.
I liked camera work, when Leonardo fought frogs at the tree, but that's it. Otherwise it felt pretty generic and rushed.

Mikey in the beginning have reminded me of Wheatley from Portal 2, which I don't consider a good thing.

Teddy
11-08-2014, 04:22 AM
Ok, I thought this would be a terrible episode judging from the little preview. I had very low expectations...but then Napoleon spoke and I was ecstatic! I absolutely love Napoleon Dynamite, so this was an amazing episode just for those references alone (the unicorn shirt, too!!!).

Loved the 2014 movie reference as well, made me literally LOL. I was pleasantly surprised by this episode. :)

LeotheLateBloomer
11-08-2014, 04:41 AM
I caved and watched the episode....(darn it for being a Mikey episode....it called out to me)

I liked the first part...(excluding the trashing house scene)
When Mikey was befriending the frog that was actually pretty nice.

....I'm done with these type of Mikey episodes.....I just want something new from him now.....I don't want the writers to keep making Mikey screw up conveniently just so the gang can get mad at him...causing him to do something good in the end.....

No you're not the only one. They really can't seem to give Mikey credit or acknowledgement for anything. There's still time with how long this cartoon may run for but so far, they just can't seem to make anything useful out of him.

But I liked this episode. It's nice to see Mikey make a new friend who can relate to him. The frogs backstory made me sad when I saw the frog cry. Showing anger towards the humans and forming a hoard gives this episode a "Planet of the Apes" vibe. However, I'd say this is probably the weakest episode of Season 3. But unlike the previous two seasons, I haved liked every episode of this season so far.

matteso586
11-08-2014, 06:39 AM
Oh god, The Punk Frogs have a lot more members than in the old cartoon.

Either Speed Demon was the driver, or the mutagen made the car sentient.

snake
11-08-2014, 07:04 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/Scripture/punkfrongs.png

Why would this be need to be 2 episodes? It was done and dragging it on would be boring and stupid

No it wouldn't. It could give more development to both the frogs and why Mikey left the house. It probably would drag on though.

Syb3rStrife
11-08-2014, 07:07 AM
I still think the reason behind Mikey running away should have played out a little differently, as well as him just suddenly forgetting the whole reason he's out there and deciding to go back to the farm house with the others (Other than the Raph hug, they never really apologized for being too hard on him and I think that whole ordeal should have been addressed before they ended the episode). Overall though, I have to say I really enjoyed the episode.

Although I never really liked the movie Napoleon Dynamite I did find the character himself pretty amusing, and it was nice to see Mr. Dynamite again in mutant frog form, dance moves and all.

I was also pleased to see Leo finally off those damn crutches but still having a lingering pain in his knee. I've always been a fan of slow healing processes in shows.

Really liked the little tease of Speed Demon at the end as well. I'm super excited for that episode and really hope it plays out somewhat similar to Stephen King's Christine.

Luckyday
11-08-2014, 07:15 AM

Yeah...but it's like not he was in the right for trashing the house although I suppose it doesn't make up the fact that it was the reason why he left.

It was nice seeing seeing those two hang out together. Wish he would stuck around as Mikey's best friend but that's probably going to end being Mondo Gecko.

ssjup81
11-08-2014, 07:20 AM
So is this ep online yet?

evan2000
11-08-2014, 07:30 AM
Enjoyed this episode very much! I wonder how much time has passed since the ending of Buried Secrets to the beginning of this episode, the frogs seem to have advanced so quickly and have even built a home tree as well as a sizable army! I also wonder if their 20,000 cousins in Louisiana are just regular frogs or mutants as well.

The home tree burning down sort of reminded me of James Cameroon's Avatar in a way, especially when Attila cried "the horror" as the tree was destroyed by the fire.

Luckyday
11-08-2014, 07:37 AM
Enjoyed this episode very much! I wonder how much time has passed since the ending of Buried Secrets to the beginning of this episode, the frogs seem to have advanced so quickly and have even built a home tree as well as a sizable army! I also wonder if their 20,000 cousins in Louisiana are just regular frogs or mutants as well.

The home tree burning down sort of reminded me of James Cameroon's Avatar in a way, especially when Attila cried "the horror" as the tree was destroyed by the fire.

It was a little strange that frogs seem to have so many Humanisms with Napoleon knowing what ninjutsu is and having human names (I know it just referencing from the OT) but it's still strange how many human qualities they have despite how much they had hated humans in general.

evan2000
11-08-2014, 07:53 AM
It was a little strange that frogs seem to have so many Humanisms with Napoleon knowing what ninjutsu is and having human names (I know it just referencing from the OT) but it's still strange how many human qualities they have despite how much they had hated humans in general.

Yes, and they knew how to build lifts! What's powering the lifts? They were just mutated last episode and they've already advanced to modern civilization overnight? Also, wonder what was running through Napoleon's head when Mikey was telling him about Donnie hacking computers :tlol:

BubblyShell22
11-08-2014, 07:58 AM
Pretty awesome episode. Napoleon wasn't as annoying as I thought he'd be, and I really liked his character. The scene where he was bonding with Mikey was sweet, and Raph hugging him was nice, too, even if it was awkward for Raph to do it. Loved that the article was named "Invasion of the Punk Frogs" as a reference to the episode and the design of the frog and the 2014 movie gag. That was funny. Loved the other voices of the frogs as well and how they changed their ways after they realized that the Turtles weren't too bad and neither were the humans. Overall, a pretty good episode, and I loved the Mikey and ICK moments too especially when he was saying goodbye. Good to see Leo off the crutches, though he is still kind of hurt, which I can understand.

Bring on the Dream Beavers!

OrangeNinja1987
11-08-2014, 07:59 AM
I absolutely loved this episode! I had very low hopes for it because I didn't like Napolean's design and never liked the Punk Frogs in the OT, but this was incredible!
I loved all the Napolean Dynamite references (one of my favorite movies) and that they got Jon Heder to voice Napolean Dynafrog.
Everyone was well-written in this episode, too. Mikey seems to always be better written in his own episodes (excluding Pizza Face) and more of just an idiot in episodes for the other turtles. I wish it could stay constant.
Really loved the environmental theme of this episode. I'm an animal lover and I totally agreed with the frogs on some aspects, but I'm glad they learned not all humans are bad. I hope kids watching this understood that flashback scene.
Nice reference to 2014 movie Mikey with that picture on the computer.
Loved that when the frogs smashed through all three walls in the house and right over the TV, the TV faced no damage even when everything else was destroyed. :lol:

zipper
11-08-2014, 08:07 AM
Finally! An episode from season 3 that I enjoyed. Granted, some parts of episode 1 and 3 were okay (ep 2, not so much), but this episode was just fun! It was nice to see that they didn't have anything in-your-face gross this episode. Why does a children's cartoon have to be as messed up as The Finger or the ending episode 3 anyways? This one was funny as soon as Mikey left the house and had a good pace throughout the rest of it. I LOVED Napolean, that was great. Filler episodes are fine with me as long as they're well written. Just look at Batman:TAS.

Hoping that this is the start of some good season 3 episodes.

MrTMNT2012
11-08-2014, 08:08 AM
Napoleon Bornafrog might just be one of my favourite characters in the entire show! In fact, all the Punk Frogs were badasses in their own right.

Didn't think I'd like this episode but the writing and action threw me for a loop. Great stuff! :)

MrTMNT2012
11-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Can we all agree that this was the Best Mikey Episode?

I mean, this is the first time they downplayed his brothers lack of appreciation towards him and instead focused on just telling a genuine story with the character. :)

evan2000
11-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Can we all agree that this was the Best Mikey Episode?

I mean, this is the first time they downplayed his brothers lack of appreciation towards him and instead focused on just telling a genuine story with the character. :)
I don't think you can possibly get any common agreement on anything from ALL the forum members. Best Mikey's episode is still Into Dimension X for me :trazz:

BubblyShell22
11-08-2014, 08:25 AM
I agree that this Mikey episode was definitely cool and really showcased him a lot more.

Luckyday
11-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Yes, and they knew how to build lifts! What's powering the lifts? They were just mutated last episode and they've already advanced to modern civilization overnight? Also, wonder what was running through Napoleon's head when Mikey was telling him about Donnie hacking computers :tlol:

Maybe this proves that memories, for some reason on logic of alien space magic, are transfer through mutagen so it would explain why some mutants can speak english right away rather then just learning it.

ernesth100
11-08-2014, 09:04 AM
This episode was hilarious, especially that 2014 sketch of mikey. I mean WOW. I completely died laughing it.

oldmanwinters
11-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Here's a little wider shot of the Channel Six news post. The accompanying story is surprisingly detailed! We've come a long way from the days when cartoons would only give us the newspaper headline and then fill the rest of the story with gibberish assuming nobody would bother to read it all:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/312/1/7/tmnt_2012_s03e04_punk_frogs_article_by_neko_mirich an-d85okdw.png (http://www.deviantart.com/art/TMNT-2012-s03e04-Punk-Frogs-article-493273652)

I wonder if we'll hear more from this C.Chow of the Amphibianic Friendship Society.
And yes, Chalky Packard, human sized flies DO exist!

evan2000
11-08-2014, 09:25 AM
Here's a little wider shot of the Channel Six news post. The accompanying story is surprisingly detailed! We've come a long way from the days when cartoons would only give us the newspaper headline and then fill the rest of the story with gibberish assuming nobody would bother to read it all:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/312/1/7/tmnt_2012_s03e04_punk_frogs_article_by_neko_mirich an-d85okdw.png

I wonder if we'll hear more from this C.Chow of the Amphibianic Friendship Society.
And yes, Chalky Packard, human sized flies DO exist!

Isn't Channel 6 News based in New York? Carlos Chang O'Brien Gambe survived the invasion or what? Also, the punk frogs has been sighted as early as July? Which month is it now?

Edit: found an even clearer snapshot

http://i.imgur.com/ykfVKxh.jpg

Ninjinister
11-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Seriously? They made a kid-friendly reference to this?

http://data3.whicdn.com/images/50370559/thumb.jpg

evan2000
11-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Seriously? They made a kid-friendly reference to this?

http://data3.whicdn.com/images/50370559/thumb.jpg
Wow, good eye! This show made so many pop culture references to our real world, we should compile a thread of them one day!

Bitsy83
11-08-2014, 10:36 AM
Ok, just watched it on iTunes (and for whomever was asking about when it airs on iTunes, I got a message around 3:30 am Eastern. So...yeah).

I was seriously dreading this since none of the Mikey episodes have been my favorites, excluding "It Came From Beneath the Sewers" and "Into Dimension X." But after I finished rolling my eyes at the running away bit, I was surprised at how good it was. At least watchable. Jon Heder as Napoleon was adorable and I loved the Brony reference on his shirt. The frogs were awesome, especially Rasputin. And it's nice how they actually had a good reason for their attacking humans. By good, I mean they didn't go the "Hey we're bigger now. Let's take over stuff!" route. Imagine being a small, innocent little frog when bulldozers and giant cranes come in and start wrecking your home. Not to sound like a tree-hugging hippie, but that would be pretty messed up for a frog to witness. So while I didn't like the frogs attacking the farmhouse, I could see their point.

April defending Mikey was great. I guess after the mishap with her "mother", April decided to go a bit easier on poor Mikey.

The 2014 face. :tlol: :tlol: :tlol: Maskless, too! You know that the first trailer for that came out around the time they were storyboarding this episode. I bet the writers yelled "Shrek Turtles" as well.

I'm surprised nobody caught the "Apocalypse Now" reference. They all saw the Marlon Brando, but not that. "The Horror.....the horror...."

As for the sneak peak for "Speed Demon," yeah, I figured my token theory would be debunked. Buuuut we still might get somewhat supernatural on this. What if that mutagen caused the car to go haywire, causing it to crash and killing the driver inside, thus making his spirit possess the car?

....hey, Ciro himself said the show would get darker! This might be it.

evan2000
11-08-2014, 10:42 AM
As for the sneak peak for "Speed Demon," yeah, I figured my token theory would be debunked. Buuuut we still might get somewhat supernatural on this. What if that mutagen caused the car to go haywire, causing it to crash and killing the driver inside, thus making his spirit possess the car?

....hey, Ciro himself said the show would get darker! This might be it.

I don't think they will go as far as portraying actual deaths in a kids show, that's a pretty difficult line to cross, even for Ciro.

Bitsy83
11-08-2014, 10:50 AM
I don't think they will go as far as portraying actual deaths in a kids show, that's a pretty difficult line to cross, even for Ciro.

Well, I'm not talking like SHOWING the guy dying or whatnot. They said at the panel that Donnie would be possessed, so I'm just trying to figure out how that will work with the mutagen.

Vicky82
11-08-2014, 11:16 AM
I really enjoyed this episode but it's not my favourite Mikey centric episode (Into Dimension X is still my favourite Mikey episode).

It was a lovely light hearted episode as the last one was dark and shocking (I noticed that they seem to be balancing out the light and dark episodes, 1 at a time), I have a feeling the Dream Beavers episode is going to be dark.

I loved the music, It had some feels moments and some good action scenes.

I love the ICK and Mikey moment when they are playing around.
I noticed that ICK was holding onto Mikey's leg.
Leo doesn't need the crutch now, so he's healing a lot now
ICK hissing at Raph and then he throws her back into the freezer.:x
Raph is such a Jerk calling Mikey a screw up.:x
Mikey saying goodbye to ICK and then ICK grabs Mikey's face and licks him then Mikey licks her back, the feels!!!!!!!! :cry:
I like that Mikey is trying to calm Napoleon down
LOl at Napoleon showing his dancing moves.
I'm glad that April is defending Mikey, telling the others they are jerks and they need to appreciate Mikey more. I hope we get more moments between April and Mikey as their hasn't been enough.
Oh my god, their is a picture of 2K14 Movie Mikey and a Pic of 80s OT Punk Frog. :lol:
Love the details on the web page. I'm surprised they can get Wifi out there.
The frogs home is a tall tree, Avartar reference.
Oh my god, there are lots and lots of mutated frogs.
Love the Mikey and Napoleon friendship bonding moment, it's nice to see Mikey make new friends.
Eww Mikey ate flies and he has one stuck in his teeth.
Thats a big horn, how did the frogs get it there.
Ouch!!!!! the frogs are hitting the turtles with there hammers.
I like the reason why the frogs hate humans because there home was destroyed by them, I was getting a Farthing Wood vibe here.
I like the fight between the turtles and the frogs.
Leo running and Jumping branch to branch throwing smoke bombs at the frogs was awesome.
Leo's leg still hurting him
Mikey saving Raph and then Raph hugging him and rubbing his face against Mikey's shoulder was adorable.
The tree on fire and the frogs losing there home, another Avatar reference.
Love that April telling Atilla that not all humans are bad.
The frogs going to live in Louisianna, shame it isn't Florida.
Aww, Leo and Donnie putting their arms round Mikey as they walk back to the farmhouse.

I wonder if we will see the Punk Frogs again, I hope we do. Maybe they could help the Turtles with the problem in New York.

redsai4lex
11-08-2014, 01:23 PM
My reaction to this episode is simple :trolleye:

Seriously? Napoleon as Napoleon? Where is the original creativity?

Genghis and Rasputin had personalities that matched their namesakes, but Attila just came off like another Godfather ripoff...

I was really hoping this episode was gonna be a good one :twink:

CyberCubed
11-08-2014, 01:24 PM

Genghis and Rasputin had personalities that matched their namesakes, but Attila just came off like another Godfather ripoff...

It was a good episode. Get over the movie references.

redsai4lex
11-08-2014, 01:27 PM
It was a good episode. Get over the movie references.

I like movie references used in creative ways. But, I did not care for this episode very much. Not impressive.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
11-08-2014, 01:32 PM

Wait, don't give the writers any ideas. :lol:

Apparently, Donnie is going to get mutated in to some weird car. I saw a picture of it online. It has like a Real Ghostbusters feel to it where the car is also a monster. In the pic I saw Donnie was a huge monster coming out of the top of the car with his body inside it. Sorta like how ICK is inside a bowl or whatever but his body is sticking out. I don't know if that was just some fan sorta envisioning things happening or something but I did see the art for it.

BabyTurtles
11-08-2014, 01:39 PM

I didn't think it was that bad....but there have been a lot of movie references lately.....wish they would slow down a bit...

Ashwolf
11-08-2014, 01:40 PM
Apparently, Donnie is going to get mutated in to some weird car. I saw a picture of it online. It has like a Real Ghostbusters feel to it where the car is also a monster. In the pic I saw Donnie was a huge monster coming out of the top of the car with his body inside it. Sorta like how ICK is inside a bowl or whatever but his body is sticking out. I don't know if that was just some fan sorta envisioning things happening or something but I did see the art for it.

that's been known since nycc though I feel the mutagen on/in the car itself takes away from how it could possibly turn out

kelligrafie
11-08-2014, 02:20 PM
I really enjoyed this episode. It was silly and a total rip-off but I don't see how people weren't expecting some sort of reference to Dynamite, even when they knew Jon was voicing Bonafrog. It was as obvious as Renae voicing Mrs O'Neill - we saw it coming a mile off.

I liked the energy between Mikey and Napoleon. And the parallels between the frog family and the turtles. It was nice for Mikey to have a counterpart, but also one that he could teach instead of him always being the student.

The ending confuses me, are they literally saying a car mutates now?
Well, when cockroach spy mutated, he fused with his spy equipment. It'll be a similar thing I expect.

Toadtrooper
11-08-2014, 02:46 PM
The tallest tree in a temperate deciduous forest is the Liriodendron, which is under 200 feet tall. The tree the frogs live in doesn't exist.

There was no historical or scientific basis for the frog caricatures. They've never left New York so they should exist in that bubble of familiarity. The Turtles don't emulate the people they're named after. The Frogs shouldn't have. And why are all the frogs taller than the Turtles? Not even a little bit of variation to show a difference in species?

Funny they go on the anti-human tangent because the ecosystem couldn't handle that many enormous frogs. They'd either deplete the insect population (and rodents? And birds?), or starve. They'd be just as destructive as humans, if not worse.

Good luck, Louisiana (how do they even know about Louisiana? They've never been there).

I know it's a kids show, but even fantasy creatures need to live in a realistically-created world.

JTH
11-08-2014, 02:53 PM
The tallest tree in a temperate deciduous forest is the Liriodendron, which is under 200 feet tall. The tree the frogs live in doesn't exist.

There was no historical or scientific basis for the frog caricatures. They've never left New York so they should exist in that bubble of familiarity. The Turtles don't emulate the people they're named after. The Frogs shouldn't have. And why are all the frogs taller than the Turtles? Not even a little bit of variation to show a difference in species?

Funny they go on the anti-human tangent because the ecosystem couldn't handle that many enormous frogs. They'd either deplete the insect population (and rodents? And birds?), or starve. They'd be just as destructive as humans, if not worse.

Good luck, Louisiana (how do they even know about Louisiana? They've never been there).

I know it's a kids show, but even fantasy creatures need to live in a realistically-created world.
KnsiZOJjfUg

Ninjinister
11-08-2014, 02:53 PM

This is the one of the nitpickiests post I've ever seen. Holy balls.

AT-Man
11-08-2014, 02:55 PM
I love Napoleon Dynamite, but didn't care much for the frog version of him. The other leader frogs were awesome and I hope Rasputin lived too.

Luckyday
11-08-2014, 02:59 PM

^I didn't want to say anything but this was exactly what was going through my mind.

I guess it can be chalk up to artist license and maybe the mutagen can give mutants memories and instant know how on things, so animals that had contact with humans before they become mutated and will instantly know to read, speak english and know what ninjutsu is. Also base on how Napoleon looked, it's a possible that they had observe humans from a distance and took some things from them and learn so things.
These are half ass explanations, I know but it's all I got man.:ohwell:

TurtleTitan97
11-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Not gonna lie, totally busted out laughing at the 2k14 movie reference. Well played, Ciro. :tlol:

This was a pretty great episode. Looking forward to the next episode. The new Punk Frogs were great.

Ninjinister
11-08-2014, 03:26 PM
I've seen more people say they like Napoleon Dynamite in this topic, than I have at all combined outside of this topic.

Query: Who wrote this episode? Did Ciro write it himself?

Toadtrooper
11-08-2014, 03:26 PM
There never needed to be a frog kingdom. That's the idea that broke the episode.

If they would have left it as four mutated frogs in a marsh, it would have worked. If they had shown restraint in the visual and personality cues given to the four, it would have worked.

The source material needed a new coat of paint, not a complete rebuild into something else.

Edit: Kevin Burke & Chris "Doc" Wyatt also wrote "Mutagen Man Unleashed" and "Pizza Face."

Sumac
11-08-2014, 03:35 PM
It's show aimed for kids, first and foremost, which doesn't bother with consistency and accuracy a lot of times. That is all explanation you need.

Another thing, that I haven't said before: namesakes of Punk Frogs had little to do with the original deal. I am usually not bothered, when new version of characters related to their previous incarnations "in name only", but I find it could be jarring for some people. And I think this show does this a bit too often.

I am obviously hinting at Hun.

Luckyday
11-08-2014, 03:41 PM
It's show aimed for kids, first and foremost, which doesn't bother with consistency and accuracy a lot of times. That is all explanation you need.

Another thing, that I haven't said before: namesakes of Punk Frogs had little to do with the original deal. I am usually not bothered, when new version of characters related to their previous incarnations "in name only", but I find it could be jarring for some people. And I think this show does this a bit too often.

I am obviously hinting at Hun.

It can be a real hit or miss sometimes. Sometimes, rebuilding can some make characters more interesting then what they were originally like Bebop and Rocksteady who now have actual backstories instead of being some henchmen.

neatoman
11-08-2014, 04:13 PM
Well I liked that the frogs are actually interesting look at this time around and it's nice that they had individual personalities this time around. Still kinda sucks that I still don't think they're compelling characters and like with Snakeweed, Spider Bytez, Rat King, Justin, Spy-Roach, the Wasps, etc, I don't get the feeling that we will be seeing them much, not in any signifigant way at least.

Still, an improvement on the Punk Frogs as characters (even an improvement that still can't make me like them enough) is still an improvement. I mean just look at what they were working off, looks more like a TMNT knock-off than actual TMNT characters...
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140419144503/tmnt/images/5/50/Tmnt2_2_004.jpg

Luckyday
11-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Do you think that mutagen can transfer memories from what person/animal they had contact with? If so then it would explain why Slash already knew ninjutsu and might prove that the turtles didn't get their human dna from Splinter because then they wouldn't need him to teach them ninjutsu in the first place.

Metalwolf
11-08-2014, 04:26 PM
The tallest tree in a temperate deciduous forest is the Liriodendron, which is under 200 feet tall. The tree the frogs live in doesn't exist.That is very likely what it was. In one house I lived in with my parents, we had several of those things growing on our property. They get big, especially if they've been left alone to grow for years. Very likely all of those other trees that we saw in the scene were 40-50 footers, making the tree stand out (literally) quite a bit.

There was no historical or scientific basis for the frog caricatures. They've never left New York so they should exist in that bubble of familiarity. The Turtles don't emulate the people they're named after. The Frogs shouldn't have. And why are all the frogs taller than the Turtles? Not even a little bit of variation to show a difference in species?As they've been sentient since July, they've likely have had exposure to people in campsites. And what do camping people like to bring with them? Books. Books on history, books on science, books on surviving out in the wilderness and books on famous people. Plus they'll also bring newspapers for reading and fire pit tinder. Books and news papers don't have to be recharged, and they are portable. It's possible the frogs took these items when they attacked the folks at their campsites, saw the 'interesting' people in these books and papers and said 'Hey that looks like me!" or "I like how that guy is, I'm gonna act like that too." Since one of the frogs was a science type guy, it's possible he could pick up and 'interpret' the strange markings on the paper, and tell them what they meant.

Funny they go on the anti-human tangent because the ecosystem couldn't handle that many enormous frogs. They'd either deplete the insect population (and rodents? And birds?), or starve. They'd be just as destructive as humans, if not worse.They probably steal food too when they raid the campsites. They likely also hunt deer and other animals, given that they have spears and bows and arrows. Eventually they would have had to move, but not for a while.

Good luck, Louisiana (how do they even know about Louisiana? They've never been there).Reading, and any maps they found at the campsite. Remember, they've been having exposure to humans since at least July. For all we know it goes back even further.

I know it's a kids show, but even fantasy creatures need to live in a realistically-created world.They do ;)

IndigoErth
11-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Do you think that mutagen can transfer memories from what person/animal they had contact with? If so then it would explain why Slash already knew ninjutsu and might prove that the turtles didn't get their human dna from Splinter because then they wouldn't need him to teach them ninjutsu in the first place.
I always just took the Slash thing as simply being that animals are smarter than given credit for and having been a witness to all the training for years and taking it in mentally. Same thing with looking forward to having the chance of taking a hit at Leo, after probably being the one Raph would vent to all those years any time they butt heads.

JH24
11-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Ugh...These episodes aren't bad, but I can't enjoy them. They're not really what made me originally interested in this series.

I'm thinking of taking a break from this series, at least until the story moves forward again and they eventually go back to New York. Having said that, the next few episodes do look a bit more interesting.

MaximeLoonatic
11-08-2014, 04:48 PM
The Punk Frogs looks like tribe of Avatar!!

At the ending I asked myself two things:
- What happened to Rasputin? I can see him as a total villian of the frogs and the turtles.
- So, how can a car being mutated? I mean, how?! Did the rider get melted inside the car and now it's a spirit or what?

Coola Yagami
11-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Well in a way it's good that the frogs have more fleshed out personalities now..... I'm just not to sure I like said personalities though. And they're still stuck with a whole army of nameless frogs without personalities too.

oldmanwinters
11-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Edit: found an even clearer snapshot

http://i.imgur.com/ykfVKxh.jpg

Friggin' Sweet!

Isn't Channel 6 News based in New York? Carlos Chang O'Brien Gambe survived the invasion or what? Also, the punk frogs has been sighted as early as July? Which month is it now?

I was wondering some of the same things!

ssjup81
11-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Thanks to evanI could finally see this episode.

I'm not going to lie, but I absolutely loved it! I guess it also helps that I'm a fan of Napoleon Dynamite and actually deem it one of my all-time favorite movies. It's such a simple movie, nothing special, but I truly love it. When Napoleon started talking about "skills" I just laughed, and when he did that dance, I lost it! I was then thinking, "If he says 'idiots' or 'gosh', that'd be awesome!" And he did. Whenever I go stateside again, even though my younger cousin (who's 20 now) isn't into the turtles stuff, I would definitely show her this episode because she's into the movie (and was the one who showed it to me years ago).

Silliness aside, I was wondering why the frogs were going to start off as enemies. So they felt wronged by humans who would go around destroying the environment and stuff. It's not too farfetched, actually.

As for the frogs themselves, I liked how they all had distinct personalities, as opposed to the OT versions of them where, to be honest, I didn't know one from the other. They were all naive country bumpkins...but, when they said they were going south to Louisiana...my, "irony sense" started tingling. Has anyone ever seen an American Tale? Though a bit insensitive, remember where the cats were going? China, hence the implication of their doom. I feel the same for the frogs going down to Louisiana. Too bad they couldn't hang around longer. Rasputin probably would betray them or something. Would make for some interesting conflict.

Oh yeah, someone complained over the frogs not acting like the names they were given (Napoleon anyway). Neither did they for the OT. Geez. For the OT, a mutagen canister was lost. Shredder went in search of it. He saw that the canister was opened and that the mutagen spilled into the Florida swamps (or was it the Everglades...?) and there Shredder discovered the frogs. He decided to use them against the turtles. Told them the turtles were really bad and named them after historical figures known for their bad deeds and provided them with weapons. I don't get why anyone felt it would've been any different here.

Oh yeah, Mikey for this ep. I didn't care so much for his running away because he trashed the house and the others called him out on it, or there should've been more to it or another scenario, or they could've kept that scenario and maybe when Mikey was telling ICK goodbye, could've brought up another recent (obviously off-screen) situation that bugged him about his brothers. It's obvious that Mikey feels unappreciated (early season 2 showed that) and I did find it interesting that he wanted to go back to NY despite what's happened there. I think it shows that his character may still have hope for Splinter being alive. In "Within the Woods" he was quoting Splinter, and in "The Invasion" he was the only one to say that Splinter probably got out safely when calming Raph down. Maybe that was the point of his saying he wanted to go back to NY. I'm also wondering if Mikey will be the one to persuade the others into going back in some way after the Vision Quest.

I like how April defended Mikey to the others. Even though Mikey does act silly at times, he does do a lot around the farm (as pointed out by April) and he cooks for the family. I also like how despite being sore at them, he still spoke favorably about his brothers to Napoleon and I love the hug Raph gave Mikey at the end. I felt that it showed that April's words really got to him and Mikey's reaction to Raph's hug was great! Mikey hugging Raph, no problem. Raph hugging Mikey, "This is weird..." :tlol:

I wonder how much time has passed since the "Mom...thing" episode...

Oh yeah, Mikey's first encounter Napoleon was really good. I like how he seemed to fight to calm him down and wasn't aggressive at all. I also like the bond they had and how they could relate to heir positions and rank amongst their families. Mikey is the youngest of his and probably no matter what, he'll always feel overshadowed by the other three. It was nice seeing someone for Mikey to fully relate to. I'm going to assume that Mondo Gecko may fill this role later on...sorta like his OT counterpart initially seemed to be there for.

So yeah, I liked this ep. It was lighthearted and fun and also a bit emotional and I've said it once and I'll say it again. I LOVE ICK!

Megchan
11-08-2014, 06:06 PM
They were all naive country bumpkins...but, when they said they were going south to Louisiana...my, "irony sense" started tingling. Has anyone ever seen an American Tale? Though a bit insensitive, remember where the cats were going? China, hence the implication of their doom. I feel the same for the frogs going down to Louisiana. Too bad they couldn't hang around longer. Rasputin probably would betray them or something. Would make for some interesting conflict.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. "Don't go to Louisiana, they eat frogs!" D:

Donny's computer84
11-08-2014, 06:11 PM
I like the episode, it has a good humor in it. I felt bad with Mikey, but at the end everybody was happy.:tsmile:

Klunk1234
11-08-2014, 06:18 PM
I like this episode, not that scary like the other ones. I like the interaction with Mikey and Ice Cream Kitty. Napoleon Bonafrog was not silly at all. I like the action of this episode and the 2014 Mikey reference. :D I love how Raph hugs Mikey at the end and Leo is much better on his health.

Ninjinister
11-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Oh looks like I don't get to watch this episode yet. None of the venues have it online yet :tsad:

ssjup81
11-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Oh looks like I don't get to watch this episode yet. None of the venues have it online yet :tsad:You may have to join the dark side. I've ventured there...to see a bunch of anthropomorphic frogs and "Mom...things". I get the eps from Amazon, but it's the "dark side" until they're officially up.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
11-08-2014, 08:26 PM
that's been known since nycc though I feel the mutagen on/in the car itself takes away from how it could possibly turn out

Oh. Well I really didn't keep up with what was said there because I like to keep stuff as sort un-spoilery as possible. But did they show that concept art at comic con as well or was that just something that leaked?

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
11-08-2014, 08:29 PM
This is the one of the nitpickiests post I've ever seen. Holy balls.

Exactly. Dude when I read this I was like "ok". LOL!

Gunpowder
11-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Pretty good episode. Like everyone here, I noticed and absolutely loved the nod to 2014 Michelangelo. Funny stuff. Favorite line was "I'm a ninja, dog!" "...you mean frog."

"We have like, 20,000 cousins down in Louisiana."
Guess I can expect some company soon. :trazz:

I noticed that too...and it bugged me more than it should have.

Ninjinister
11-08-2014, 08:49 PM
You may have to join the dark side. I've ventured there...to see a bunch of anthropomorphic frogs and "Mom...things". I get the eps from Amazon, but it's the "dark side" until they're officially up.

I'd rather die.

nellyp
11-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Here in Canada we are a few weeks behind in the episodes so when I found that out I was watching them via "the darkside". Even though that involves a lot of pop-ups and adware I still do it.

Me and the kids watch it again when it comes on a few weeks later. We also buy the DVDs as they get released. Between the delay with the episodes and the toys we are really getting the short end of the stick north of the border.

I really liked this episode and thought it was funny and the frogs were cool. If they made toys of all 4 and maybe even a Frog Soldier (potential for army building) that would be awesome.

As far as Mikey goes, if he doesn't want to get picked on by his brothers then maybe he should stop being a screw up.

Bitsy83
11-08-2014, 09:18 PM
I'd rather die.

So.....when does ssupjup81 reveal that he's your father?

Gunpowder
11-08-2014, 09:21 PM
As far as Mikey goes, if he doesn't want to get picked on by his brothers then maybe he should stop being a screw up.

Honestly. It's really just that simple. :lol:

ssjup81
11-08-2014, 09:35 PM
So.....when does ssupjup81 reveal that he's your father?When she gets a sex change operation. :-P

I'm years behind the show because I'm in Japan, so it's the dark side until it's up. I have a season pass.

Shark_Blade
11-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Does anyone think the name Speed Demon is actually a reference to Michael Jackson's song?

We already had Mikey moonwalking on an ice hockey court so it's not too farfetched.

LR19
11-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Does anyone think the name Speed Demon is actually a reference to Michael Jackson's song?

We already had Mikey moonwalking on an ice hockey court so it's not too farfetched.

The design of Speed Demon is a tribute to the art of Ed Roth who was famous for his hot rod artwork and "speed demon" as a phrase has been around in the car racing culture for a while. It may be a reference to that song, but more likely both things are referencing something much older. ;)

Powder
11-08-2014, 11:23 PM
The design of Speed Demon is a tribute to the art of Ed Roth who was famous for his hot rod artwork and "speed demon" as a phrase has been around in the car racing culture for a while. It may be a reference to that song, but more likely both things are referencing something much older. ;)

This. Also, Ken Mitcheroney, Archie TMNT artist & Nickelodeon employee, is known for his Rat Fink (Ed Roth inspired) art.

Coola Yagami
11-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Here in Canada we are a few weeks behind in the episodes so when I found that out I was watching them via "the darkside". Even though that involves a lot of pop-ups and adware I still do it.

Me and the kids watch it again when it comes on a few weeks later. We also buy the DVDs as they get released. Between the delay with the episodes and the toys we are really getting the short end of the stick north of the border.

I really liked this episode and thought it was funny and the frogs were cool. If they made toys of all 4 and maybe even a Frog Soldier (potential for army building) that would be awesome.

Eh, don't feel bad. If Nick didn't want you to see their episodes 'via the dark side' they'd do a better job making them available for everyone.

evan2000
11-09-2014, 12:26 AM

There's a low-budget film called Speed Demon (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339714/) back in 2003 that also featured a demon-possessed American classic muscle car in a similar fashion as Nick's design:

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTAxNzM2MDU4MTheQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDk5MDcxNDM@._ V1_SY317_CR51,0,214,317_AL_.jpg http://i.imgur.com/XXyKI41.gif

Off topic but Speed Demon also reminded me of a pretty cool sticker that Intel bundled in some of their products:

http://i.imgur.com/HgTJsCY.jpg

Cryomancer
11-09-2014, 02:00 AM
Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread yet but there was an issue of Mirage that was about Rat Fink Hot Rod type stuff:

http://www.miragelicensing.com/comics/mirage/volume01/30/30.html

CowabungaMikey
11-09-2014, 06:27 AM
Funny episode. Loved the shot at the Michael Bay movie, and the (sort of) return of the Punk Frogs.

ernesth100
11-09-2014, 07:06 AM
Wait so Mutagen effects cars now?

Splint'r
11-09-2014, 07:24 AM
I absolutely loved this episode. It's not my favorite but I found it very entertaining. It had me cracking up from start to finish. Being a Napoleon Dynamite fan, I thought it was great.
Donnie's laptop was hysterical too but it wasn't the sketches that had me going.
It was the little side articles!
Particularly the "holla holla holla" guy. I couldn't believe they included that. So funny.

Anyone here familiar with the "holla holla holla!" guy? My girl and I first saw him on a segment in the Conan O'Brian show a few years ago. Laughed when I saw the little side graphic of the guy and spit coming out of his mouth. Actually it's mirrored, so it looks like two guys arguing lol.

Here's the actual graphic I'm referring to.

http://www.narcomics.net/miscellaneous/hollaholla.jpg

...and here's a link to a youtube video of the actual guy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJMD5R8stRc

Coola Yagami
11-09-2014, 09:35 AM
I love how they kinda forgot what state New York is in. Mikey wants to run away to New York completely forgetting that it's basically Kraang country now... The frogs want to invade New York (how would they know, so that one is ok) and the turtles want to stop them from invading... with noone mentioning that it's ALREADY invaded by the Kraang. Even a throw-away line like 'Geez it's already overrun by the Kraang, we don't need mutant frogs to make it even worse' woulda helped here. Idiots.

TigerClaw
11-09-2014, 10:08 AM
Finally saw it, I thought it was fun episode, Looks like we will expect mutants in the next episode.

BubblyShell22
11-09-2014, 11:33 AM
I absolutely loved this episode. It's not my favorite but I found it very entertaining. It had me cracking up from start to finish. Being a Napoleon Dynamite fan, I thought it was great.
Donnie's laptop was hysterical too but it wasn't the sketches that had me going.
It was the little side articles!
Particularly the "holla holla holla" guy. I couldn't believe they included that. So funny.

Anyone here familiar with the "holla holla holla!" guy? My girl and I first saw him on a segment in the Conan O'Brian show a few years ago. Laughed when I saw the little side graphic of the guy and spit coming out of his mouth. Actually it's mirrored, so it looks like two guys arguing lol.

Here's the actual graphic I'm referring to.

http://www.narcomics.net/miscellaneous/hollaholla.jpg

...and here's a link to a youtube video of the actual guy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJMD5R8stRc

Ha, that's hilarious. Thanks for sharing that. Also like the cat and the "Oh no she DIDN'T!" and the "Underwear, you're doing it wrong." Man, I love this show and what they can do with things.

ObiWanFan4life
11-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Ha, that's hilarious. Thanks for sharing that. Also like the cat and the "Oh no she DIDN'T!" and the "Underwear, you're doing it wrong." Man, I love this show and what they can do with things.

Don't you just love hidden stuff like that.

BubblyShell22
11-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I do, and I love how the creators do it, too.

miru
11-09-2014, 12:23 PM

I meant that I was surprised they didn't stay evil.

blindturtle02
11-09-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm glad I got to see this one on Sunday rather than Tuesday of this week. I guess the folks at amazon want to compete with iTunes a bit more. This one was probably my favorite episode of season 3 so far. I just loved the voice talent. Maurice LaMarshe was just awesome, and voicing two of the four original frogs at that. Never really enjoyed Napoleon Dynamite, but Heder's Napoleon voice coming out of Napoleon Bf was spectacular. I did see the movie once, so I liked all the Dynamite nods. I was hoping the frogs and turtles wouldn't stay enemies, so I loved the ending here, especially with Napoleon promoted to general. I admit, I thought of Jar Jar's prmotion in Episode I just a wee bit. Not that that's a bad thing. I liked the prequels.

As for the episode's chronological order, I'm hoping Dream Beavers is supposed to be the fifth, and Speed Demon sixth. No crazy airing out of order antics this season please, Nick.

BubblyShell22
11-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Wait, Maurice voiced two of the frogs? I thought he was just Attila.

aliena
11-09-2014, 04:12 PM
I don't think you can possibly get any common agreement on anything from ALL the forum members. Best Mikey's episode is still Into Dimension X for me :trazz:

Into Dimension X was hands down my favorite Mikey episode. He was badass for the first time and his brothers were actually impressed with him. He needs way more episodes like that one.

Turtle-X
11-09-2014, 04:15 PM
i liked the ep...but they really went overboard with all the Napoleon Dynamite stuff.

newhire13
11-09-2014, 05:36 PM
I love how they kinda forgot what state New York is in. Mikey wants to run away to New York completely forgetting that it's basically Kraang country now... The frogs want to invade New York (how would they know, so that one is ok) and the turtles want to stop them from invading... with noone mentioning that it's ALREADY invaded by the Kraang. Even a throw-away line like 'Geez it's already overrun by the Kraang, we don't need mutant frogs to make it even worse' woulda helped here. Idiots.

Does it really need mentioning? We already know.

Seedkiller
11-09-2014, 06:10 PM
I just can't get over what was sitting on top of napoleons head. Pretty disgusting.

TigerClaw
11-09-2014, 06:12 PM
I just can't get over what was sitting on top of napoleons head. Pretty disgusting.
Yeah, Gotta be Poo or something.

Luckyday
11-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Yeah, Gotta be Poo or something.

Or mud since-you know-frog don't have sweat glands.

TigerClaw
11-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Or mud since-you know-frog don't have sweat glands.
It it were Poo, You would've seen flies all over it, So its gotta be something.

blindturtle02
11-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Wait, Maurice voiced two of the frogs? I thought he was just Attila.

Sure sounded like him doing Rasputin. I know I've heard him use that voice somewhere. Futurama, maybe. Oh wait, I think it might have been in that big Star Wars script read a bunch of those voice actors did a few years ago.

And Black Nerd's review is already up? Gotta check that out before bed. I like them too.

aliena
11-09-2014, 06:30 PM
There's a low-budget film called Speed Demon (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339714/) back in 2003 that also featured a demon-possessed American classic muscle car in a similar fashion as Nick's design:

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTAxNzM2MDU4MTheQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDk5MDcxNDM@._ V1_SY317_CR51,0,214,317_AL_.jpg http://i.imgur.com/XXyKI41.gif

Off topic but Speed Demon also reminded me of a pretty cool sticker that Intel bundled in some of their products:

http://i.imgur.com/HgTJsCY.jpg

That is horrible looking. I can't believe that is going to be Donnie. Is that like skin and organs in the hood? This episode will definitely get April to admit any feelings she has for him, if she feels like she's lost him and then gets him back by the end.

ssjup81
11-09-2014, 06:33 PM
I couldn't tell one from the other either because they all seemed to be the same to me as a kid. I 'd also forget which frog had which weapon. They also all sounded alike.

Oh, something else I forgot to mention in my original post....but I also thought of the OT ep Night of the Dark Turtle...with the Triceratons. They weren't going to fight against the turtles (as they were fellow reptiles), but when they found out that the turtles were with the humans, the Triceratons saw the turtles as enemies. With this ep, the frogs thought of all humans as bad and that they were holding the turtles captive, etc., but when realizing they weren't, they were now seen as enemies.

One other thing I forgot to mention in my original post...when Napoleon and Mikey were talking about his family, I kinda wish he would've mentioned Splinter. I found it strange that he wasn't mentioned, or maybe they could've had him start to say something, getting a little emotional before saying something or getting interrupted by hearing April's scream and checking it out.

Luckyday
11-09-2014, 06:37 PM
That is horrible looking. I can't believe that is going to be Donnie. Is that like skin and organs in the hood? This episode will definitely get April to admit any feelings she has for him, if she feels like she's lost him and then gets him back by the end.

I just realize something....this may be the closest thing that we'll ever get to a "Good Genes" story.http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series3/uwaheq2.png

ssjup81
11-09-2014, 06:42 PM
I just realize something....this may be the closest thing that we'll ever get to a "Good Genes" story.http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series3/uwaheq2.pngSo "Within the Woods" is Bloodsucker....Demon car ep, possibly the "Good Genes" story. Interesting...

travelingcat
11-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Excellent episode. I have never seen Napoleon Dynamite, so I didn't notice any references people are talking about.. Loved how casually Mikey fended off Napoleon and still became his friend. Liked how April called out the others for their treatment of Mikey (though trashing the house isn't excusable behavior). The punk frog tribe was cool, though it's a little sad they pack up and head to Louisiana. Would it have hurt to have some friendly neighborhood mutants nearby, or have their help with taking out the Kraang?

I was also surprised the mutagen the frogs lost would create the Speed Demon car instead of the Dream Beavers. But Dream Beavers are coming up next, so how do they get mutated? I don't want to believe the turtles mishandle mutagen again.

Ninjinister
11-09-2014, 06:46 PM
i liked the ep...but they really went overboard with all the Napoleon Dynamite stuff.

ND is my least favorite movie ever, but I felt that it helped sell the character as a "loser".

Not really, You seem to be the only one with issues, Lots of people like his reviews, You gotta let it go man.

Well no, that's not true. I just ignore it now because it didn't do any good to keep complaining. I don't enjoy that people love posting IGN's review, either.

Luckyday
11-09-2014, 06:48 PM
So "Within the Woods" is Bloodsucker....Demon car ep, possibly the "Good Genes" story. Interesting...

And "A Foot Too Big" is "The Monster Hunter".

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120510103940/invasorzim/es/images/8/88/Mother-of-god-template.jpg

THGhost
11-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Loved this one. Didn't care for the Napoleon Dynamite references, never cared for that movie so most of them no doubt went over my head anyway.
Really liked the frogs' designs, very unique.

If the frogs hate humans so much, why did they allow Napoleon to wear human clothes?

Raph and Mikey agree that hugging was weird and that they should never do it again. But didn't they hug when they though Shredder killed Splinter in the season 2 finale? They seemed fine with it then.

Is it too much to ask for a Raph-centric episode? We've had far too many with Mikey.

Mikey and ICK at the beginning was adorable. :tgrin:

What's up with the car at the end? I'm racking my brain here and I can't think of which character it could mutate into. Unless it's another original idea which is fine with me.

Lol, that was Jon Heder

Well this is awkward. :roll:

IGN gave it a 7.7 :ohwell:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/08/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-the-croaking-review?+main+twitter

Seems about right, the "woodland filler episodes" as they called them are getting a little old. Even though I really enjoyed this particular episode.

Seriously though, enough with the horror-themed episodes. :P

I heard we're spending up to episode 13 in Northampton. From the looks of things we have a way to go.

Oh good God. :sleep:

IndigoErth
11-09-2014, 06:57 PM
But Dream Beavers are coming up next, so how do they get mutated?
The beavers? I've always assumed the beavers are going to be creatures in/from their nightmares, not mutants.

Jester
11-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Moved the Black Nerd (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1376643&postcount=132) video to his own thread.

WhitefinDolphin
11-09-2014, 07:02 PM
This episode had so many references that it reminded me a bit of my junior high-school days. I know not everyone has seen or likes the movie "Napoleon Dynamite", which I'll admit is kind of dumb, but I still like it. After watching this episode, my husband and I decide to take a trip down memory lane and watch Napoleon Dynamite to see the references.

After watching the movie, I completely forgot how many references it had to ninjitsu:

"You know, like nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills. Girls only like guys who have great skills." -Napoleon Dynamite

Which, ironically, was referenced in this episode:

"You know, like nunchuck skills, bo staff skills. Can you jump real high?" -Napoleon Bonafrog

Not exactly the same, but close enough that the audience would pick it up.

Jon Heder voicing Napoleon Bonafrog was awesome! Having him voice Napoleon gave the character more authenticity as far as his speech pattern and mannerisms.

Another in-reference with Napoleon Bonafrog was the pink fanny-pack that he wore, which was very similar to Deb's from Napoleon Dynamite. - I thought that was pretty neat.

I thought the scene where Mikey and Napoleon were leapfrogging was adorable - the acoustic tune that played really lent to the feeling. :)

However, there were a few things I felt were missing in this episode. I was anticipating to see Napoleon Bonafrog interact with Michelangelo's brothers, Casey, and April. It also would've been great to have seen some other rooms in the house.

I really liked this episode, and I'm glad to see that people liked it as much as I did. Really looking forward to the next episode. :)

THGhost
11-09-2014, 07:05 PM
Moved the Black Nerd video to his own thread.

Thanks for that. (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49357&page=7&highlight=black+nerd+comedy)

ssjup81
11-09-2014, 07:07 PM
Raph and Mikey agree that hugging was weird and that they should never do it again. But didn't they hug when they though Shredder killed Splinter in the season 2 finale? They seemed fine with it then.
Mikey hugging Raph isn't weird. Raph hugging Mikey is. I thought that was the joke and point of the scene. Every time they hugged, it was Mikey initiating it. I've never seen Raph hug anyone. Doesn't strike me as being his style.

Ashwolf
11-09-2014, 07:10 PM
I just realize something....this may be the closest thing that we'll ever get to a "Good Genes" story.http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series3/uwaheq2.png

hope that gets its own arc, cause when it comes to good genes, having it done in only 1 ep would be screwed up

THGhost
11-09-2014, 07:11 PM
Mikey hugging Raph isn't weird. Raph hugging Mikey is. I thought that was the joke and point of the scene. Every time they hugged, it was Mikey initiating it. I've never seen Raph hug anyone. Doesn't strike me as being his style.

I thought it was cute anyway. ^_^

ssjup81
11-09-2014, 07:13 PM
I thought it was cute anyway. ^_^I did too.

Ninjinister
11-09-2014, 07:13 PM

Casu6Hvu_go

IndigoErth
11-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Think the only thing I was slightly disappointed at was that there wasn't much in the way of the signature Napoleon Dynamite dance moves.

If only for the fact that the WoW Blood Elf guys (of which one of my fave characters I play is) can do it pretty much spot on and their voice actor is none other than Cam Clarke, so connecting lines being drawn all over the place. :lol:

TigerClaw
11-09-2014, 07:23 PM
The beavers? I've always assumed the beavers are going to be creatures in/from their nightmares, not mutants.
And Robert Englund is voicing one of them, I wonder if he'll do the Freddy Krueger voice

THGhost
11-09-2014, 07:31 PM
And Robert Englund is voicing one of them, I wonder if he'll do the Freddy Krueger voice

I sincerely hope so!

Ninturtle
11-09-2014, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE=Seedkiller;1376675]I just can't get over what was sitting on top of napoleons head. Pretty disgusting.[/i]

It's not crap its a peice of a tree I thought it would be obvious

travelingcat
11-09-2014, 08:19 PM

But, but, but everything's gotta connect to mutagen. :P Seriously though, they were described as infiltrating the turtle's dreams, so I assumed they were mutants with mental powers kinda like Sir Malachi.

Ninjinister
11-09-2014, 08:21 PM

You've got some f**ked up trees in your neighborhood.

Cryomancer
11-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Wait so Mutagen effects cars now?

In the new videogame, mutagen hits some mousers and they become...spiky mousers and then it's not really ever a thing in the rest of the game far as I can tell. I assumed it was setting up for Super Shredder or upgraded mouser enemies but it never happened so I dunno.

Commenter 42
11-09-2014, 09:20 PM
You've got some f**ked up trees in your neighborhood.

Pretty sure it was poop on his head.
Flies are attracted to poop, and he eats flies, so...

Not to mention, Napoleon is a little **** head. :lol:

Luckyday
11-09-2014, 09:25 PM
Pretty sure it was poop on his head.
Flies are attracted to poop, and he eats flies, so...

Not to mention, Napoleon is a little **** head. :lol:

That seem like a creative way to get food. The wonders of frog ingenuity.:lol:

MsMarvelDuckie
11-10-2014, 12:19 AM
Oh, good- I was afraid I'd be the only one who caught the Star Wars Jar-Jar references with Napoleon. Sadly, most of the Dynamite stuff went a bit over my head since I've never seen that movie and don't care to, but- meh. Also, did anyone else catch the Han Solo lines with April and Raph in the farmhouse when the frogs were about to attack?
April: "I've got a bad feeling..."
Raph: I was tired of that conversation anyway...."

Also loved the ICK scenes, but man, Raph is a jerk to her. I'm getting the sense that she doesn't like him much. ICK is so CUTE, though, LOL!! I liked the frogs, especially Rasputin and Napoleon, Attila was cool, and this whole episode was just fun. Not as funny as I'd HOPED, but not bad at all.

Also- I can't BELIEVE no one else picked up on the OBVIOUS reference with the car- Wraith!!!! I'm thinking it's not a Christine homage like everyone thinks, but the EARLY Charlie Sheen and Randy Quaid flick. OMG- HE WAS the car in that movie (or it was part of him, it's not real clear) so if Donnie gets "fused" with a car, it's clearly a reference to that movie, which was sort of a "demon car"/ghost bent on revenge against the gang that killed him. The car even looked kind of similar.

BubblyShell22
11-10-2014, 06:25 AM
Sure sounded like him doing Rasputin. I know I've heard him use that voice somewhere. Futurama, maybe. Oh wait, I think it might have been in that big Star Wars script read a bunch of those voice actors did a few years ago.

And Black Nerd's review is already up? Gotta check that out before bed. I like them too.

You know, I thought that sounded like Maurice, but I wasn't sure. Good to know I was right on that one.

blindturtle02
11-10-2014, 07:11 AM
Anyone else like that guitar bit when Mikey and Napoleon were messing around? I'm not sure why it stood out to me, but I love what the composer does with the various pieces from week to week.

pannoni1
11-10-2014, 07:40 AM
I thought this was a good episode since although we're still at a break from Shredder/Splinter, this gives us a chance to revisit one of the OT's favorite occassional characters. This time, we not just have the original four frogs returning, but also a whole colony of them, and as others have mentioned, more distinct personalities, and CGI really makes this effective animationwise. Rasputin is sort of "there", Atilla the chubby one, Genghis the tough leader (sort of combining Leo & Raph's personality on the TMNT side), and Napoleon the fun one. With so many references, this will be fun to rewatch.

Overall: 8/10

ranger_scout
11-10-2014, 08:31 AM
I wasn't sure about making a Napoleon Bunafrog an amphibian version of Napoleon Dynamite, but I really was not bothered by it. I also think that Seth Green is improving as the voice of Leonardo. It was another solid episode.

beeshaw
11-10-2014, 11:08 AM
I wasn't sure about making a Napoleon Bunafrog an amphibian version of Napoleon Dynamite, but I really was not bothered by it. I also think that Seth Green is improving as the voice of Leonardo. It was another solid episode.

Agreed. This is the first episode where I didn't just hear SETH. Not sure if it's just me getting used to it, or he's becoming more familiar with he character.

Kinda getting antsy to go back to the big story... These all seem like the dreaded 'filler' episodes but there's not too much tying them all together. Hopefully the season kicks into high gear soon!

snake
11-10-2014, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=Seedkiller;1376675]I just can't get over what was sitting on top of napoleons head. Pretty disgusting.[/i]

That wasn't a tree.

Zarana-X
11-10-2014, 12:34 PM

This sounds painfully like Turbo Teen.

Are the Dream Beavers based on the comic's Scare Bears?

BubblyShell22
11-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Anyone else like that guitar bit when Mikey and Napoleon were messing around? I'm not sure why it stood out to me, but I love what the composer does with the various pieces from week to week.

Yes, I loved that little track and thought it was neat. I just love the music in this show.

Jester
11-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Oddly this got the biggest laugh from me....
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10678790_539199373882_757748898891458095_n.jpg?oh= a1ec4f2e0965bdf049c3d09c3976b4e6&oe=54D505AD

BubblyShell22
11-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Yeah, that was a funny gag, too. Mikey can't go on without his pizza.

Jester
11-10-2014, 04:26 PM
"Tastes just like school lunch" is what killed me.

Should come packaged with corn.

IndigoErth
11-10-2014, 05:00 PM
"Tastes just like school lunch" is what killed me.
:lol: Didn't notice that part.

Forgot we got a shot of that finally, I was glad to see it when we did since a while back I'd noticed it looked like the Turtles had Ellio's in their freezer, but the name was partially blocked. I THOUGHT it looked awfully familiar. Been wanting to know the actual 'knock off' name (for lack of a better term) on theirs for a while. :D

For those unfamiliar, Ellio's is a northeast U.S. frozen pizza brand in a similarly styled box, one of those old childhood classics type of foods. The name was the bigger gag to me... :D lol

(Actually, now I want some.)

http://lostlaurel.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/cheese09fpo.jpg

ShelleyQuick
11-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Didn't notice the school lunch gag either, that's hilarious. School lunch pizza was so disgusting:ohwell:

victory_angel
11-10-2014, 06:00 PM

Actually Raph hugs Mikey at the end of "New Girl in Town"

http://screencapped.net/animation/tmnt/displayimage.php?album=62&pid=80028#top_display_media

BabyTurtles
11-10-2014, 06:02 PM
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10678790_539199373882_757748898891458095_n.jpg?oh= a1ec4f2e0965bdf049c3d09c3976b4e6&oe=54D505AD

Doesn't Mikey need a microwave for those??? :D

Ninturtle
11-10-2014, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=Ninturtle;1376727]

That wasn't a tree.

It has a leaf poking out of the side why wouldhey put crap o n his head ?

Luckyday
11-10-2014, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=snake;1376936]

It has a leaf poking out of the side why wouldhey put crap o n his head ?

To attract flies? :lol:

IndigoErth
11-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Doesn't Mikey need a microwave for those??? :D
Ewww...mushy. Just cook it on a spit over a fire, upright. That might work.:)

TurtleTitan97
11-10-2014, 08:55 PM
School lunch pizza was so disgusting:ohwell:

Tell me about. It taste like cardboard covered in fake cheese and sauce. :tdead:

Metalwolf
11-11-2014, 02:08 AM
Didn't notice the school lunch gag either, that's hilarious. School lunch pizza was so disgusting:ohwell:Was I the only one who actually enjoyed school pizza? That was one of my favorite lunches they served :ohwell:

Jester
11-11-2014, 02:11 AM
Was I the only one who actually enjoyed school pizza? That was one of my favorite lunches they served :ohwell:
I enjoyed it at the time....but on the chart of "Quality Pizza" it's on the low end.

ssjup81
11-11-2014, 05:01 AM
Was I the only one who actually enjoyed school pizza? That was one of my favorite lunches they served :ohwell:I liked it too. I used to save up the money to sometimes get two. I liked the pepperoni. ^^

In middle school and high school, we had Dominoes. In middle school once a week, high school it was an everyday choice.

ShelleyQuick
11-11-2014, 07:09 AM
Tell me about. It taste like cardboard covered in fake cheese and sauce. :tdead:

Didn't help that I don't care too much for pizza to begin with.

snake
11-11-2014, 08:40 AM

I noticed that. Pretty funny.

Ninjinister
11-11-2014, 08:47 AM
I don't recall how any food tasted at school but since I grew up in poverty it probably equivalent to what I was eating at home.

I do remember in middle school that the "scrambled eggs" were just a thick, yellow disc. A kid got a concussion from one during a food fight.

Sumac
11-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Pizza? Scrambled eggs? At school?!
Geee...Not bad.

I had bread, which smelled like cigarattes for some reason, sausages, which seemingly were sturdy enough to hammer nails into the wall. Gladly, they were tasty enough. And, gladly there was always tea or compote to wash it down. Ah, the good ol' school days. :trazz:

travelingcat
11-11-2014, 10:52 AM
I drooled over the cafeteria pizza. That hot cheese and pepperoni looked more appetizing than the sandwich and crackers I brought from home.

Darth Knuckles
11-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Being a fan of the movie Napoleon Dynamite, I really enjoyed this episode. I was hoping they wouldn't want John Heder to change his voice much from his Napoleon Dynamite character and they didn't either. I thought that John Heder's voice for Napoleon would be perfect for Napoleon Bonafrog and it was.

I loved the tons of references to Napoleon Dynamite in this episode. Napoleon's outfit, to the way he talked, to his quotes from the movie it was all great to me. I really enjoyed Napoleon Bonafrog a lot in this episode and I'm glad that John Heder got to voice him.

The rest of The Punk Frogs were pretty cool too. They each seemed to have more of a purpose this time around than in the original cartoon. I also liked the real history / Star Wars treatment they seemed to get as well.

Before this episode my favorite thing about The Punk Frogs was Genghis' Playmates toy. Now I really like Napoleon Bonafrog's character in the Nick show. It's cool that they also left for Louisiana as a nod to the '87 cartoon. Although I thought they were actually mutated in Florida while maybe Leatherhead was mutated in Louisiana since he had a Cajun accent.

aliena
11-11-2014, 11:44 AM

Fill me in, what is a "Good Genes" story? :)

evan2000
11-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Fill me in, what is a "Good Genes" story? :)
Donnie got double-mutated into a mindless monster, of all the turtles. Usually Donnie is the scientist who would find a cure for such thing, but when he himself was the victim, his family were completely helpless to recover him.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2223/2499958923_8ff7e825bf.jpg

He was of course cured at the end, by none other than

Agent Bishop

blindturtle02
11-11-2014, 01:15 PM
I hope B shows up at some point this season. I hate to sound like Filburt from Rocko's Modern Life but,"Where are you, really really bada$$ and sharp dressed man?!"

ShelleyQuick
11-11-2014, 01:25 PM
It's cool that they also left for Louisiana as a nod to the '87 cartoon. Although I thought they were actually mutated in Florida while maybe Leatherhead was mutated in Louisiana since he had a Cajun accent.

I loved this episode as well, even though I've never seen Napolean Dynomite, I like Jon Heder(Benchwarmers is one of my favorite movies). I think the OT punk frogs and Leatherhead were from Florida, I'm actually positive. Being a Florida girl myself, Leatherhead's cajun draw irritated the crap out of me. It shouldn't have, but, it did.

victory_angel
11-11-2014, 01:31 PM
I loved this episode as well, even though I've never seen Napolean Dynomite, I like Jon Heder(Benchwarmers is one of my favorite movies). I think the OT punk frogs and Leatherhead were from Florida, I'm actually positive. Being a Florida girl myself, Leatherhead's cajun draw irritated the crap out of me. It shouldn't have, but, it did.

The Punkfrogs were from the Florida Everglades thats true. Leatherhead was originally from Louisiana but he was mutated in Florida.

ShelleyQuick
11-11-2014, 01:45 PM
The Punkfrogs were from the Florida Everglades thats true. Leatherhead was originally from Louisiana but he was mutated in Florida.

Oooooh, well then that explains it, thanks!:)

JH24
11-11-2014, 02:07 PM
I hope B shows up at some point this season. I hate to sound like Filburt from Rocko's Modern Life but,"Where are you, really really bada$$ and sharp dressed man?!"

Yeah, with all this Kraang activity going on in the open, this season would be perfect for Bishop's appearance. (Or someone similar)

With New York being mutated, I wonder if there's an actual war going on or if the city is only being quarantined.

MsMarvelDuckie
11-11-2014, 02:28 PM
Also- I can't BELIEVE no one else picked up on the OBVIOUS reference with the car- Wraith!!!! I'm thinking it's not a Christine homage like everyone thinks, but the EARLY Charlie Sheen and Randy Quaid flick. OMG- HE WAS the car in that movie (or it was part of him, it's not real clear) so if Donnie gets "fused" with a car, it's clearly a reference to that movie, which was sort of a "demon car"/ghost bent on revenge against the gang that killed him. The car even looked kind of similar.

So- nobody else noticed this? Seriously, Google the movie, and it should be obvious what this homage is going to be. Pretty sure that's NOT a "Christine" reference, but to The Wraith. The character of Jamie got killed, and came back as a mysterious "new guy"/killer car to take revenge on his killers. (And incidentally the guys who had also attacked his girlfriend. His brother ends up with the car at the end. "The instructions are in the glove box." Best line ever!)

victory_angel
11-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Yeah, with all this Kraang activity going on in the open, this season would be perfect for Bishop's appearance. (Or someone similar)

With New York being mutated, I wonder if there's an actual war going on or if the city is only being quarantined.

I would wager that since Donnie fried the city's power grid that brought the Kraang invasion to a grinding hault enabling the EPF to come in and eliminate the Kraang. And enabling the Shredder to take over TCRI as a new headquaters and taking Kraang tech for himself.

Seriously did anyone else think that thing that Zeck and Sterankov were mutated in looked rather Kraangy?

As a government Agent Bishop would not want a nation wide panic, and he's not oppossed to the idea of sacrificing innocent people for the greater goal.
And it's obvious people are still in New York. So it's possible New York City is quaranteened so that no threats can get out of the city until threat is completely neutralized.